Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 08:57:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 167 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 1104695 times)
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #2975 on: December 14, 2012, 07:26:40 PM

Any opinions on the new US tanks and new premiums?  The new French prem. tier 8 heavy looks like it might be interesting while the new British prem. heavy...not so much.

The TOG is decent if you like sniping. I don't have one but games I've been in where they stay out of the front lines they seem to do really well. THey seen to have shit armor and movement though. The British TD is an impenetrable rape machine.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2976 on: December 16, 2012, 06:31:52 AM

The TD is a rape machine only if it's in the top tier.  An IS-8 can oneshot it with no problems and Type 59s can destroy it in 3 good shots.  It's easily circled and taken out by anything above it's tier, meds or lights, and the damage/ pen is kind of iffy with only a max of 214 if you're shooting gold that quickly falls-off.  Fantastic rate of fire on it but the mandle is a big "SHOOT ME" weak point.   You're armored to hell and back but sill need to play like a fix-mount TD, which gets harder and harder with the map changes they keep making.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #2977 on: December 16, 2012, 06:55:52 AM

TOGs need about 1400 more HP to make them perform the way the designers seem to have intended.  As they are now they just melt away as soon as they get spotted and focused on.  In the rare game that the TD ends up top tier with no arty and on a map with lots of cover they might do well.  I don't think I've seen one have any real influence on a match yet and they mostly die with one or two kills.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #2978 on: December 16, 2012, 08:08:37 AM

Hurrah!
http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/164377-developer-qa-the-russian-answers/
- tier 10 brit TD Conway was scrapped
- FV215b will get a 183mm gun and will be moved to tier 10 TD
- new tier 10 heavy to replace it will most likely be the Chieftain
(The FV215b is a hilariously bad tank so giving it a derp-gun and making it a TD is about the best that can be done).

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #2979 on: December 16, 2012, 11:29:16 AM

Hurrah!
http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/164377-developer-qa-the-russian-answers/
- tier 10 brit TD Conway was scrapped
- FV215b will get a 183mm gun and will be moved to tier 10 TD
- new tier 10 heavy to replace it will most likely be the Chieftain
(The FV215b is a hilariously bad tank so giving it a derp-gun and making it a TD is about the best that can be done).

Its not a bad tank, its just not really a heavy. See the old T30.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #2980 on: December 16, 2012, 01:41:00 PM

I've been rotating through the Battle of the Bulge special tanks all weekend fo the TD is pretty much always at or towards the top of the roster. Probably why it seems to do unreasonably well.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2981 on: December 17, 2012, 05:01:15 AM

Yeah, that'd do it.   I've been top tank a few times and raped people.  Bouncing shots from a KV1s or a Panther that's rolled right up to you is amusing (though bouncing OFF of them is less so.. at least I've got the ROF to make up for it.)   Fucker is SLOW though and too often people will leave you behind. 

If you get 3 tanks on you you're toast, which considering how slow you are, happens fairly often.. usually because your team charged and died while you were slowly making it to the front line.

I got my M103 this weekend and managed to get the 2nd gun, too.   I've seen lots of people complain it's not a 'true' heavy but it feels as sturdy as the T32 and T34 to me so far.   Plus it has the upside of having a smaller body and a more-forward turret so I can get in to better cover.  If I were comparing it to an IS-series, sure, not a sturdy.  It's faster and has a better ROF though, with an much better protected frontal weak point. (Hello "shoot me here" door on the ISes)

WayAbvPar

Reply #2982 on: December 17, 2012, 08:49:52 AM

M-103 isn't quite as bouncy as the tanks before it (especially on its weak sides), but it is quite maneuverable and packs a wallop. I do quite well in mine. Other than this weekend, which was a litany of tears and frustration from start to finish  Ohhhhh, I see.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #2983 on: December 17, 2012, 09:28:34 AM

Screw your heavies. I've been having a ton of fun with my T71. To the point that I've basically stopped playing my Brits because they either do the T71's gig worse (the Comet is nice, but if I want a flanker with a fast gun.. the T71 seems to play that role better) or are just not the style I wanted (default Centurion is TERRIBLE. But the best gun seems nice if you can deal with the grind)

My T71 pretty much won a t10 match on his own just by playing in a ditch and lighting targets while the enemy mediums stood there and took 704 shots down the line instead of coming over and wasting my ass. Even the other team noted at the end that the entire reason we won such a lopsided game was that absolutely nobody tried to stop me from getting ~6,500 spot damage. I love this tank <3
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2984 on: December 17, 2012, 10:39:18 AM

I've had games like that in the 50-2 but they're rare these days.  The damn thing blows up if a wind passes-by anymore.  I'm in the T21 grinding up to the T71 now, so good to hear it's fun.

WayAbvPar

Reply #2985 on: December 17, 2012, 03:38:43 PM

Victory!
Battle: Malinovka Monday, December 17, 2012 3:26:55 PM
Vehicle: VK 3601 (H)
Experience received: 4,076 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 41,284
Battle Achievements: Confederate

11 damages, 4 kills. Perfect opfor that all camped the hill on Malinovka assault and let me just pick them apart. 3601 is such a great tank!

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #2986 on: December 18, 2012, 08:51:41 AM

Last night was a physics fun night. First I watched a KV-5 get crushed to death by an M6 (why did this even SEE a KV5!?) who came over a ridge and dropped on to the 3% health heavy.

Then I hit a 13-90 at full speed in my T71, and tipped him on his side (wedged up on my front) until my reload was finished. Which was hilarious enough that my entire team just stood there watching and laughing.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2987 on: December 18, 2012, 09:39:40 AM

Clearly the superior tank design in the world of "no flip physics"  are the wedge tanks with some speed &/or power.  Now I want to see how many tanks I can do that to.

Speaking of the M6: did they get buffed or am I just seeing them more often now because I'm playing the British TD in my rotation?  I don't remember them being tough enough to do any real damage when I played one but they seem to be terrors right now so long as the driver is smart enough to not show his tracks.

Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #2988 on: December 18, 2012, 09:54:12 AM

M6 was always fairly nasty in the hands of a good driver, the new 2 tier matchmaking spread helped them out a lot since they have a decent gun for the tier when fully upgraded.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #2989 on: December 18, 2012, 10:07:34 AM

Yeah, the M6 isn't terrible. Nice gun, decent frontal armor against smaller tanks.

I am seriously curious how many tanks my T71 is heavy enough to wedge now. It was absolutely comical to see this poor AMX on his side trying to find anything he had a shot at. The trick is you can't stop pushing forward or he'll slide off. The engine fails to correct the situation if you keep creeping forward and pushing him back while wedged.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #2990 on: December 18, 2012, 11:25:51 AM

On port I had three tooned 13 90s jump off the overpass onto my Foch (or tried to anyways). My "it's raining tanks!" comment got a good laugh.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #2991 on: December 18, 2012, 05:02:51 PM

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #2992 on: December 19, 2012, 12:53:41 PM

I just got the T71 the other day and have only played a few games it but I already like it better than the French auto loader tanks.  Not sure why, it just feels better.  It also has the added bonus of all its upgrades being the same weight as the stock, apart from the gun, which weighs significantly less than the stock gun.  Usually the first upgrade I get is tracks, so I can install mods like a rammer or vents, but I got the gun first, which reduced the weight enough to put the mods on.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #2993 on: December 19, 2012, 01:14:43 PM

The T69 needs upgrades to mount the gun, sadly. But the T71 is really fun to drive and will always have a spot in my garage. It's a 13/75 with gun depression. Other than that there isn't really a stat wise it would be better, but I agree that it feels more fun to drive. And it's cute.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #2994 on: December 19, 2012, 02:02:39 PM

I just got the T71 the other day and have only played a few games it but I already like it better than the French auto loader tanks.  Not sure why, it just feels better.

Not tried it yet, but I assume it's the US gun depression.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #2995 on: December 20, 2012, 10:07:39 AM

My T71 has a 60% win rate, and my average is about 53%. For some reason I can't get my T69 over 40% even though from everything I can tell it's a perfectly functional tank. Between crap teams and T8 Medium MM, it just seems to be falling a bit flat for me. T8 mediums just seem to be in an odd place where they're expected by the map design and MM distribution to sit still and trade shots at range with heavies. If I get a map where I can flank at some point before we've lost everything, woo! If I get a map where it's basically a frontal slugfest.. splat.
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #2996 on: December 21, 2012, 12:07:12 PM

If you are on the North American server and have a tier 10 tank or td you can get a free t-shirt for playing it 5 times between now and New Years Eve

http://worldoftanks.com/news/1870-treads-threads-campaign/

Edited because of a clarification from WG
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 12:18:52 PM by Tmon »
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2997 on: December 21, 2012, 12:39:11 PM

Damnit.. I only *just* got my M103. No way I'll hit Tier 10 by then.

WayAbvPar

Reply #2998 on: December 21, 2012, 01:14:36 PM

The good news is the 103 is a great tank.

Cool promo. I run my BatChat almost every day for practice and crew training anyway.

Pendan
Terracotta Army

Reply #2999 on: December 23, 2012, 11:24:27 AM

GeneralDirection said in forum you only have to own a tier 10. The 5 battles can be in any tank. This is good for me because I only drive my tier 10s in clan wars which I think is closed down for holidays and I have not been doing for months anyway.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #3000 on: December 25, 2012, 09:36:26 AM

HELP!

I finally have enough credits and xp to buy my first tier 8, but can't decide which to buy (love me some 5x).  Any suggestions?

Options: Panther II and the T-32

Thanks!

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #3001 on: December 25, 2012, 09:40:56 AM

HELP!

I finally have enough credits and xp to buy my first tier 8, but can't decide which to buy (love me some 5x).  Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Panther II is awesome, T-32 is so-so.  But both lead to an awesome line of T9 and T10 tanks.  So its your call.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #3002 on: December 25, 2012, 09:56:31 AM

HELP!

Thanks!

Depends which line you want to keep going up and if you're more a med or hvy fan.  I didn't care for the Panther 2 or E-50 but I really like the T32 and the T110E5 is arguably the best tier 10 hvy.  The only real downside to the T32 is its gun.  Its the exact same as the T29 so you can feel a little under gunned when facing tier 9s and 10s.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #3003 on: December 25, 2012, 10:01:11 AM

Depends which line you want to keep going up and if you're more a med or hvy fan.  I didn't care for the Panther 2 or E-50 but I really like the T32 and the T110E5 is arguably the best tier 10 hvy.  The only real downside to the T32 is its gun.  Its the exact same as the T29 so you can feel a little under gunned when facing tier 9s and 10s.

Good to know.  I don't really plan to go beyond tier 8 since I have no interest in clan wars, so this would be purely recreational.  I have far more fun playing mediums, but seem to perform better on a heavy.  I think I get to assertive with mediums trying to flank.  I am hesitant to go with the panther II just because the panther felt much more like a TD with a turret than a true medium.  Perhaps it's time to work on my T20. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #3004 on: December 25, 2012, 10:10:10 AM

Good to know.  I don't really plan to go beyond tier 8 since I have no interest in clan wars, so this would be purely recreational.  I have far more fun playing mediums, but seem to perform better on a heavy.  I think I get to assertive with mediums trying to flank.  I am hesitant to go with the panther II just because the panther felt much more like a TD with a turret than a true medium.  Perhaps it's time to work on my T20. 

US meds are really good.  They're all at or near the top for their tier and class.
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #3005 on: December 25, 2012, 11:43:44 AM

P2 and T32 are both good for their tier, eliting the P2 was significantly more painful from what I remember.  I like the t32 best of the two (principally for the much better gun depression) but kept both when I moved on to tier 9/10 in their lines.
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #3006 on: December 25, 2012, 11:51:27 AM

US meds are really good.  They're all at or near the top for their tier and class.

In our clan we prefer the T-62A and the E-50M.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3007 on: December 25, 2012, 03:59:20 PM

I love my T-32 even more than I loved the T-29.  Play it like a slow medium nd you'll do great.  It's not the brawler other tanks are (like mosT of the Americans) but if you play it smart and learn the weak points it really performs for you.

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #3008 on: December 26, 2012, 03:21:19 AM

Happy Xmas from Wargaming: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTd0RSgN5Ec

Handy hint for anyone with a 38H - the T1E6 is completely unable to penetrate its armour so have fun!

kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #3009 on: December 26, 2012, 07:15:52 AM

In our clan we prefer the T-62A and the E-50M.

The US medium line falls apart a bit past the pershing. It's not that they're bad tanks, they just aren't very scary.

That said for random pub matches, the T-54 is reminding me why I love US mediums. Soft stats make all the difference, and gun depression allows you to engage pretty much anywhere. Meanwhile if my 54 is climbing even the most mild hill I'm going to be completely unable to engage until I'm completely over it. But hey, I can actually bounce the occasional round, so it's still novel to me!
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 167 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks  
Jump to: