Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 12:29:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 167 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 1117325 times)
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #2870 on: November 26, 2012, 11:14:56 AM

Seems like everyone hates it. There is supposedly a mod floating around that takes it back to the old vertical style. I wouldn't be surprised if they go back in the next patch or two.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #2871 on: November 26, 2012, 11:17:36 AM

I've gotten used to it, but I still don't see what was wrong with the old one.
WayAbvPar

Reply #2872 on: November 26, 2012, 12:40:40 PM

I don't like it, but now that I am used to it I don't want to deal with modding it to vertical and then having to get a new mod for every patch. I really really hated it at first though.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #2873 on: November 26, 2012, 12:49:00 PM

The vertical mod we have is an improvement over the old vertical layout. I'll see if I can provide the link tonight.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #2874 on: November 26, 2012, 12:59:40 PM

I have just found the best longest tank...in the world: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwVSGT6pwp4

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Pendan
Terracotta Army

Reply #2875 on: November 26, 2012, 01:00:37 PM

I really liked the M7 in beta so on release I went up the American line quickly but then found the tank very frustrating to play. The 6 pounder gun penetration was reduced by 10 in late beta and although sounds minor I think it really hurts the tank. On the rare occasions you can get a heavy in the open it is still fun to circle kill it but if you can't circle then you have no chance against a tier 5 heavy and rarely against other mediums. I classify the M7 as a fun to drive but terrible tank. Redriving it during the Veteran's code premium days I did manage to raise its win percentage from the near the bottom of my over 100 game tanks. Much better match maker from a year ago when I was playing the tank.

The Chaffee has similar armor, similar movement, and a much better gun. You also get the light benefit of on the move better camo and better gun depression. The M7 is a good money maker however while the Chaffee is not.

8.2 preliminary notes say the new tree will all fit on screen without scrolling.
Bungee
Terracotta Army

Reply #2876 on: November 26, 2012, 02:57:47 PM

8.2 preliminary notes say the new tree will all fit on screen without scrolling.

Speaking of trees, as of 8.2 fallen trees will work just like bushes.

Freedom is the raid target. -tazelbain
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #2877 on: November 27, 2012, 03:56:50 AM

Just realised I haven't played this in a month or so. Really must fire it up again.

Hic sunt dracones.
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #2878 on: November 28, 2012, 07:18:08 AM

TURKEYDAY code still worked for me.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #2879 on: December 01, 2012, 08:47:37 PM

LOL I think I just told someone from EVIL playing an arty to "eat a dick".  I hate arty. awesome, for real

I'm also really starting to love the ST-I. Heart
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #2880 on: December 01, 2012, 11:37:57 PM

My 8 year old ran Clan Wars tonight. He said it was "intense".

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #2881 on: December 02, 2012, 12:12:16 AM

You kid has a top-tier tank?  cry

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #2882 on: December 02, 2012, 12:19:27 AM

No, we were short handed and took all comers tonight.

Even Nebu.  I keed.  awesome, for real
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 12:26:18 AM by Abagadro »

-H.L. Mencken
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #2883 on: December 02, 2012, 09:31:25 AM

I deserved that.

What is the point of clan wars other than to make me really self-conscious?  Is it just an e-peen thing or are there tangible rewards?

I'm starting to get back into this more and have been watching a fair number of Youtube videos to improve my gameplay.  My rating is pretty terrible (760) and I'm wondering if it's because I play mostly low tier tanks or that I just suck.  I can't seem to get above mastery 1 on any of my tanks and wonder if I'm just being too aggressive rather than letting the field come to me.

If you have a minute, take a look at my stats/medals when I'm online and tell me what you think I could do to improve. 
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 09:42:24 AM by Nebu »

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #2884 on: December 02, 2012, 10:56:46 AM

When you hold territory the clan accumulates gold based on the value of the territory held. That gold can be distributed to clan members. You will get some credit for being in that match last night and have some gold coming your way if/when they distribute the pool.

I'll try to hook up with you for some toons so I can see what you are doing.

-H.L. Mencken
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #2885 on: December 02, 2012, 11:00:22 AM

When you hold territory the clan accumulates gold based on the value of the territory held. That gold can be distributed to clan members. You will get some credit for being in that match last night and have some gold coming your way if/when they distribute the pool.

I don't want any gold and would prefer it go to those members that need it.  I just wondered.

As for the rest, thanks.  I am hesitant to toon up with people because I don't want to embarrass myself.  Been playing pvp games for a long time and done quite well.  This game, however, seems to be a different story.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #2886 on: December 02, 2012, 11:50:58 AM

It's ok, you can team up with me - if I don't already suck, then my random lag spikes certainly makes it seem like I do.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #2887 on: December 02, 2012, 03:39:43 PM

Thanks for the tips today.  After you left, I've had a steady stream of 3 kill matches.  Perhaps I was just rusty.

-  Mark Twain
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #2888 on: December 02, 2012, 07:10:08 PM

I'm somewhat ashamed to say I haven't taken a break long enough over the last two years to get rusty at this game.  swamp poop

-H.L. Mencken
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #2889 on: December 02, 2012, 07:39:30 PM

I do, I play it in spurts. But it's a game that has aged pretty well. The mechanics of tanks make the shooting interesting and it's pretty well represented in game. And it's well programmed. The grind is retarded but it does mean that whenever I come back I always have some goal to work towards.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
WayAbvPar

Reply #2890 on: December 03, 2012, 12:24:28 AM

Thanks for the tips today.  After you left, I've had a steady stream of 3 kill matches.  Perhaps I was just rusty.

'Toon up with Abagadro, Engels, and/or GargaMoelle. They are all damned good players and are happy to help. When you die, go find them and follow them around. See how they move, where they go, how they set up their shots, etc. They all have different styles too, so you learn different stuff from each of them. My game is an amalgamation of all the stuff they taught me, plus a good dose of my own pants on fire style (and some hard-headedness  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? ).

Your efficiency rating is largely dependent on damage done, so it will be low until you get into higher tiers when you can do more damage. My T-34 or M103 does as much damage in one shot as 3 or 4 shots from a Tier 4 or 5 (even some 6s, probably). They shoot slower yes, but overall they do a TON more damage. If you want to work on efficiency in lower tanks, things like spotting, capping, and defender points will help too.

One more thing- play all styles of tanks. You will learn how the whole battle comes together. Wanna learn how to avoid being arty bait? Play arty. You learn what spots are safe from your shots, and what kinds of things to do when you are in the open to keep safe. Basically never stop moving, and don't keep moving in a straight line. If you are wiggly enough, arties will find someone easier to shoot. Unless they are stubborn like I am and will stay on you and blow you the fuck up for making them waste so much time on you  DRILLING AND MANLINESS  Learn where good spots for TDs are to set up, and then avoid the firing lanes of those spots when you play other tanks.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2891 on: December 03, 2012, 05:57:48 AM

Playing a few arties has increased my own survivability so much that it becomes painfully apparent when someone hasn't done it.

Like those heavies that roll out in to the middle of fields and then... STOP for 15-20 seconds (at least) to snipe.  Mob

Hell, I rage when they AREN'T insta-gibbed by arty because all of them were paying attention to the rocks, mountains or city on the other side of the map instead.  Nobody covering the open areas gives me hives.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
WayAbvPar

Reply #2892 on: December 03, 2012, 10:47:31 AM

3 900+ XP, 90k+ credit games in my T-34 in a row, all losses. Have an off game, my team finally wakes up, and I get a 1684 XP 53k double  Mob GOD this game is frustrating some times.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #2893 on: December 03, 2012, 11:01:35 AM

Is there a way to turn off General chat?  The whining from dead people when I'm trying to close out a tough match is REALLY distracting.  

Why are pvp gamers such a whiny bunch of horrible shitheels?  I want to reach through the intertubes and punch them square in the pie-hole.

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #2894 on: December 03, 2012, 11:43:42 AM

I am especially whiny because I want to win, and my cretinous teammates do more to prevent that than the other team about 80% of the time. I never complain about the other team...it is their job to kill me.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #2895 on: December 03, 2012, 11:46:13 AM

You're screaming into a void. 

My coach always told me to win and lose with dignity.  Whining is not dignified.

-  Mark Twain
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2896 on: December 03, 2012, 11:50:36 AM

It's not whining if I point out something because I know 90% of the players are looking at sniper site and not seeing the ELC-AMX roll up behind them to blow their ass up.  (Laughed hard at an IS-6 who went from 30% to dead this way.) 

Or pointing out to arty "HEY.. this 103 is sitting open in the field trying to blow up the rock I'm behind. Take your free shot!"

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
WayAbvPar

Reply #2897 on: December 03, 2012, 12:03:59 PM

Yes, I don't whine so much as try to instruct. Then I move to insults after polite nudgings are repeatedly ignored. Plus it is fun trolling bad players who think they are experts. Pot/kettle  awesome, for real

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #2898 on: December 03, 2012, 12:55:45 PM

Or pointing out to arty "HEY.. this 103 is sitting open in the field trying to blow up the rock I'm behind. Take your free shot!"

Correct, this isn't whining.

What I'm sick of are the 0 kill guys that die in 20 seconds and then spam the chat with "ANOTHER FAIL TEAM" and "YOU GUYZ SUXXORS"

I want to turn that shit off.  Especially the guys telling ME what to do 10 mins after they died.  I'm alive because I didn't do what you did.  Leave me the fuck alone. 

-  Mark Twain
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #2899 on: December 03, 2012, 03:41:35 PM

Tell them that they can leave the battle and play with a different tank. There are still lots of people who don't know this.  awesome, for real

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #2900 on: December 03, 2012, 05:30:48 PM

Correct, this isn't whining.

What I'm sick of are the 0 kill guys that die in 20 seconds and then spam the chat with "ANOTHER FAIL TEAM" and "YOU GUYZ SUXXORS"

I want to turn that shit off.  Especially the guys telling ME what to do 10 mins after they died.  I'm alive because I didn't do what you did.  Leave me the fuck alone. 

You can, right click on their name, choose "ignore" and never hear from them again.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #2901 on: December 05, 2012, 05:30:00 AM

Can someone give me advice on how to play the T-34 (tier 5 Russian medium)? 

I just can't seem to kill much with it.  The gun is inaccurate, it's not mobile enough to flank anything, and it has a pretty high profile. 

-  Mark Twain
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #2902 on: December 05, 2012, 06:28:56 AM

http://wiki.worldoftanks.com/T-34
You're faster than heavies and bigger & nastier than lights/mediums. So play it like a light against heavies and like a heavy against lights/mediums.
Also have this on loop as motivation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-gsBEzCT0U  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Bungee
Terracotta Army

Reply #2903 on: December 05, 2012, 06:59:41 AM

http://wiki.worldoftanks.com/T-34
You're faster than heavies and bigger & nastier than lights/mediums. So play it like a light against heavies and like a heavy against lights/mediums.
Also have this on loop as motivation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-gsBEzCT0U  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

What.the.hell?

And god I love the T-34. The 57mm shoots like a machine gun and penetrates nearly anything in its tier range. Simond is right- go flank KVs etc and just stand tall against the rest. Well, you shouldn't exactly stand still of course but you should be able to deal with almost anyone in a dogfight. You may even decide to snipe with the 57mm. It's that awsome.

Freedom is the raid target. -tazelbain
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #2904 on: December 05, 2012, 07:05:37 AM

The T-34 is my replacement sniper after the PZ-IV nerfing, that gun is high pen and nice accuracy. Though like all tier-5's you do spend a lot of time chipping away at higher tier tanks.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 167 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks  
Jump to: