Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 10:26:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 167 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 1104732 times)
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #2835 on: November 17, 2012, 06:06:22 PM

I ran a platoon today with my 8 year old.  awesome, for real

Just imagine how well cheddar's family could do!

WayAbvPar

Reply #2836 on: November 17, 2012, 08:11:48 PM

They would have to run companies to fit them all  awesome, for real

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #2837 on: November 18, 2012, 09:17:48 AM

I didn't see any mention of it in here so I thought I'd mention that 8.2 adds a new US medium line branching off of the M7. A line of US mediums with autoloaders. Autoloaders, autoloaders everywhere. aaaaaauuuuuuutttttooooooollllloaders.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #2838 on: November 18, 2012, 09:18:42 AM

Pop pop pop, watching motherfuckers drop.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2839 on: November 18, 2012, 11:21:05 AM

Oooh, sweet.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #2840 on: November 18, 2012, 11:23:25 AM

That may be the end of me.  I hate playing against autoloaders. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #2841 on: November 18, 2012, 11:27:47 AM

F13 Evil Chickens, we are going to attempt some Clan Wars landings tonight. Just a heads up:

http://worldoftanks.com/community/clans/1000000282-EVIL/battles/

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #2842 on: November 18, 2012, 02:19:00 PM

Hmmm...I mostly have T3/4 tanks, with a single T5 German tank which I bought - is it pointless for me to try to play with you all? I haven't been in a rush to move up the rank, as I mostly just die from impatience with anything but my American SPG.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #2843 on: November 18, 2012, 02:26:12 PM

When we do platoons and count-ins we drop down to lower tiers all the time.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #2844 on: November 18, 2012, 11:51:23 PM

Yeah, I didn't buy a thousand HEAT shells for my PzIV by accident this time. Tier 5 is ridiculously fun right now.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdds57rO5Mg ~autoloaders uguuuu  Heart  Heart  Heart
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 12:02:21 AM by Gets »
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2845 on: November 19, 2012, 06:05:36 AM

Thanks for pointing-out it was off of the M7 line, Bob.  I hadn't gone down that one yet so after blowing a bunch of free XP I'm working on getting the last 4k I need for the M7 itself.   Along with it and the M18 I picked-up recently it's a nice change from always getting my ass handed to me in T8 fights due to the slow load of the T34.   

Also, was it just me or were there more "Everyone charge one side!" idiots out this week than normal?  Seems like every game it was me and 2-3 other tanks left to defend an entire flank and we'd get rolled or I'd go the side the other team had left undefended and we'd roll.  There were no real brawls, just a series of steamrollers.

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #2846 on: November 19, 2012, 08:58:13 AM

The pubs were particularly bad for me this weekend, don't know why. After clan war battles are done, there's a sudden influx of decent players for about an hour, then it tapers off to a modicum of decent behavior. Of course, clan battle players are their own kind of headache, since they're often sporting gold by default and are often so good and coordinated that if you're facing 3 guys from a top clan in their tier 10 meds its often a done deal before it even starts. That's one reason I like xvm; it quickly identifies who's going to be absolutely necessary to eliminate in order to win, since these often these top dogs are better by orders of magnitude to even a 'decent' player.

In other news, Evil Chickens won five our of 7 clan matches last night. We got curb stomped on the final round for territorial control by RUS_Hardware, a well seasoned clan wars group. Considering this was EVIL's first serious foray into clan wars, we did alright :)

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #2847 on: November 19, 2012, 09:47:49 AM

I'm done with the British tanks.  I got up to the tier 9 med and stopped.  The only one I had any fun with was the Cromwell, so I'm keeping that.  The rest are very underwhelming, to say the least.  I never tried the heavy line.  Saw the speed, armor and guns and knew they would be bad.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2848 on: November 19, 2012, 10:03:54 AM

Grats on the wins, Chickens.

Ginaz, I don't know why you even tried but, wow, respect for trying.  At some point I heard the Brits had all the armor of the French with the Speed of the Russians and the massive Firepower of a tank one tier below themselves and I knew that was enough to not bother.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #2849 on: November 19, 2012, 12:55:41 PM

When we do platoons and count-ins we drop down to lower tiers all the time.

But but but, what is everyone's name? I *THINK* I have Engels now, but that's about it.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Bungee
Terracotta Army

Reply #2850 on: November 20, 2012, 02:45:48 AM

My handle is Uamel. I'm on the EU server and usually online around 9pm GMT. I do have TS, somewhere, but usually just skype it up with some mates.

Freedom is the raid target. -tazelbain
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #2851 on: November 20, 2012, 06:23:31 AM

Same name as here.

-H.L. Mencken
WayAbvPar

Reply #2852 on: November 20, 2012, 08:53:10 AM

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2853 on: November 20, 2012, 10:22:05 AM

Same here, if you can find me online.

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #2854 on: November 21, 2012, 03:21:06 AM

I'm done with the British tanks.  I got up to the tier 9 med and stopped.  The only one I had any fun with was the Cromwell, so I'm keeping that.  The rest are very underwhelming, to say the least.  I never tried the heavy line.  Saw the speed, armor and guns and knew they would be bad.
That bad ? I am driving the A13 right now and having quite some fun with it thanks to the auto loader. So it does go downhill after the next tier ?

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Bungee
Terracotta Army

Reply #2855 on: November 21, 2012, 05:31:27 AM

That bad ? I am driving the A13 right now and having quite some fun with it thanks to the auto loader. So it does go downhill after the next tier ?

Crusader is more of the same basically, the Cromwell is just flat out fun (fast, agile, fast firing and accurate on the move), Comet is well... it's a bump. Centurion is like playing a heavy- as a matter of fact it looks nearly exactly like the tier 8 heavy and drives just a little nimbler while sharing a virtually identical gun. Don't know how it is after that, but I quite enjoyed driving it. Only did those on the test servers though. But they didn't change much before going live...

Here's the review done by them:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmBW0mhhBeA&feature=share&list=ULjmBW0mhhBeA

I like how they just basically skip the Comet. Pretty much sums up the tank really well ;)

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #2856 on: November 21, 2012, 10:49:26 AM

The Centurion and the tier 9 after it aren't too bad, its just that they aren't all that great either.  I find both of them to be too large of a target for a med. tank and don't have the armor to make up for it.  Gun for the tier 8 is good, esp. the pen, but it bounces a lot and has a low alpha.  It isn't much better in the tier nine as it is almost the same tank as the tier 8 with the exception of the top gun.  I have no personal experience with the heavy line but from all indications they are mostly junk.  The "best" British tank IMO is the Cromwell.  In hindsight, I would have stopped there.  Its a keeper.
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #2857 on: November 24, 2012, 07:45:17 AM

If you haven't used the promo code TURKEYDAY yet, time is running out.  Gives one free day of premium.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2858 on: November 25, 2012, 03:23:55 PM

Thanks for pointing-out it was off of the M7 line, Bob.  I hadn't gone down that one yet so after blowing a bunch of free XP I'm working on getting the last 4k I need for the M7 itself.   

Holy shit is the M7 a flimsy piece of crap!  I've been one-shot by equal-tiers in the first 3 matches I've played with it.

angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #2859 on: November 25, 2012, 04:22:36 PM

Holy shit is the M7 a flimsy piece of crap!  I've been one-shot by equal-tiers in the first 3 matches I've played with it.

But on the bright side you have a choice of several shitty guns for it's tier! Nothing better than having to shoot a Panzer IV about seven times to kill it while rolls up on you and one-shots you with it's derp. I put a 200% crew in the thing to earn XP in it and I still can't figure out how to not suck. It looks neat though.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
WayAbvPar

Reply #2860 on: November 25, 2012, 10:01:54 PM

I am now the proud owner of my first Tier X (BatChat). Smell that catbox?

Bungee
Terracotta Army

Reply #2861 on: November 26, 2012, 05:16:29 AM

But on the bright side you have a choice of several shitty guns for it's tier! Nothing better than having to shoot a Panzer IV about seven times to kill it while rolls up on you and one-shots you with it's derp. I put a 200% crew in the thing to earn XP in it and I still can't figure out how to not suck. It looks neat though.

Just grinding through it myself and finding myself doing not that bad at all with it. You just have to treat it as the disguised light tank it really is to get something going. Once you maxed the engine and suspension it pretty much doesn't matter what gun you carry, but I found myself to be using the 6-pounder even with the higher guns unlocked.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2862 on: November 26, 2012, 05:26:14 AM

I'm elite on it.  I had gone the alternate route to the E8 before, so I had only the turret and tracks to buy and that was a piddly amount of free xp.  I'll admit I've been treating it like a medium and wondering why it felt like a light. Back to light playstyle, I guess - which I hate.  I'll give the 6# gun a try.

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #2863 on: November 26, 2012, 06:18:41 AM

I have bad memories of the M7, mediocre at everything.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2864 on: November 26, 2012, 06:23:23 AM

Yeah, I recall hearing stuff a while back about how bad it was, which was the reason I went the alternate line to get the e8.  The only reason I'm even playing it now is to have some EXP banked to unlock the autoloaders when they're patched-in.

Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #2865 on: November 26, 2012, 06:56:47 AM

I actually worked towards it because there's people who champion it on the forums. The mobility is pretty good and the gun fires fast and can actually do a surprising amount of DPS. The problem being that with no alpha to speak of you need to spend too much time on target and that tends to end explosively. Plus there's lots of fast light tanks now.

So dumped it for the M4 because if you are a lighter tank you want to give people a sudden surprise rear Derping and skedaddle.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #2866 on: November 26, 2012, 09:06:00 AM

After a few exciting days of white knuckle action, Evil Chickens now owns a few spots on the map! We have Sicily, Calabria and Basilicata, in a tenuous alliance with Hazardous

And grats to Way for his BatChat.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #2867 on: November 26, 2012, 09:28:40 AM

I have bad memories of the M7, mediocre at everything.

My entire time in the M7 was accompanied by a nonstop string of rants over Vent while I ground it out late last year. Both my Clan and myself were quite happy when I was all done with it.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #2868 on: November 26, 2012, 10:12:09 AM

The M7 is in theory an okay tank that I don't mind driving, but at no point in WoT has anyone said "oh shit, an M7!"
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #2869 on: November 26, 2012, 10:40:15 AM

I know that I'm late to the party for mentioning this, but am I the only one that really hates the new tech tree presentation? 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 167 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks  
Jump to: