Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:31:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  But is it Fun?  |  Topic: Grey's Anatomy - Longtail Studios - PC 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Grey's Anatomy - Longtail Studios - PC  (Read 5980 times)
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

on: May 26, 2009, 07:12:40 PM

Anal Sex, and lots of it.

Most nights I find myself chatting with Schild over MSN and lately we’ve been discussing games that have been looked over because there is no hype behind them or they aren’t AAA titles. We got on the topic of games that evoke emotion from the player and really make you think about the decisions you should be making in a game. We came to the conclusion that Grey’s Anatomy was probably the most underrated game, especially in this category. We debated for hours and put Grey’s Anatomy up against stiff competition like Hell’s Kitchen and CSI (ALL OF THEM! SORRY GRISSOM!) But, Grey’s won out in the end and thus I set out to experience a game that “allows you to truly experience the world of ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ through the eyes of a doctor, the hands of a surgeon, the mind of a professional and the heart of a romantic.”

So, without hesitation and much enthusiasm, I made my way to the EB Games down the street and enquired the shop keep Adrian as to whether or not he had a copy of this riveting and ground breaking melodrama of a PC game. For a mere $30, which is petty cash for an unemployed recent college grad such as myself, I was able to procure this masterwork of code and beautiful cel-shaded graphics. As fast as Adrian could bag the game, I ripped it from his hands and ran home in full sprint.

From the minute I started the installer I knew I was in for a treat. The developers, Longtail Studios, were sure every Grey’s fan would be so excited to play the game as to be impatient, so they play a tune from the show as the game installs. Very soothing! But, it didn’t help my uncontrollable desire to play the game. And play I did! The menu itself was a sight to behold, but I didn’t spend much time studying its… anatomy. Haha! Oh god. Anyway, I started up a new game and was treated to a nice flyby clip of Seattle and a shot of Seattle Grace Hospital, my anticipation was building! From there the game actually starts with Meredith and McDreamy at which point you’re introduced to the sole means of story progression within Grey’s Anatomy: Mini-games. Mini-games are how you make decisions within the game, whether you’re trying to be flirtatious, cold or caring, it’s all decided in a mini-game. They also come in many flavors like puzzles, rhythm games, bubble breaker and tearing and cutting pictures. Oh and how could I forget surgery! This is very realistic and challenging to the player. When they said the gameplay was accessible, well they weren’t lying. Each time you start a new mini-game you’re treated to a very simple tutorial on how the mini-game works.

The story is as enthralling as the TV show with moments so riveting and emotional that you just have to lean back and let it wash over you. At one point I was so conflicted with the decision presented to me that I went and ate dinner so I could think over my choice to make sure I was doing what was truly right. No game has ever come close to that. Ever. I’ve only finished episode 1 of 5 and right now I’ve just learned that Seattle Grace Hospital is about to face a most dire situation. I’ll probably suffer sleepless nights until I can continue my adventures in the fantastitacular universe that is Grey’s Anatomy.

Verdict: Buy it. For the uninstall music. I swear to you it's THAT good.

UPDATE!

So, I uninstalled it today and was treated to the same delightful and dreamy (get it?) music that was played during the installer. Wow, they thought of everything! Even getting rid of this masterwork was a fun experience. I just might install and uninstall just to get the fullest experience out of it. Updated verdict!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 03:00:01 PM by NiX »
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 08:39:54 PM

Your review is so positive, and yet the Verdict is so harshly negative.  I don't know how you want me to feel about this game!
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 08:54:53 PM

ACK!
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 04:31:38 AM

Tell me you didn't pay 30 actual dollars.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 05:20:57 AM

So is this game exempt from Schild's never-trade-in-games-it-is-the-devil policy? Of course, they'd only give you a $1.95 if you bring it back tomorrow.

Seriously, were you that desperate for entertainment? You could have just downloaded Sims 3, made all the characters, and locked them in a room for a week to see who eats who first.

Did you really type "McDreamy" ?

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 05:37:52 AM

Expect an intervention.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #6 on: May 27, 2009, 06:17:08 AM

Tell me you didn't pay 30 actual dollars.

Tell me you didn't believe that a guy that can't afford a haircut actually bought this game.

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: May 27, 2009, 07:01:26 AM

No one can afford a haircut when there are clippers and flowbies.

NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #8 on: May 27, 2009, 08:59:13 AM

Tell me you didn't believe that a guy that can't afford a haircut actually bought this game.

This. I made a point of mentioning I couldn't actually afford the game for a reason. We need to bring back green text.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: May 27, 2009, 09:44:19 AM

This. I made a point of mentioning I couldn't actually afford the game for a reason. We need to bring back green text.

No, I can just stop being less dense.  Or, as was actually the case here, just posting to hear my own voi...er, sound of typing.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Jherad
Terracotta Army

I find Rachel Maddow seriously hot.

Reply #10 on: May 27, 2009, 02:28:12 PM

Hilarious - I could almost taste the rictus grin!  awesome, for real

Cheers NiX.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #11 on: May 28, 2009, 03:00:14 PM

UPDATED! awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real
execute

Email
Reply #12 on: May 30, 2009, 05:10:44 AM

Figures.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #13 on: June 07, 2009, 04:13:34 AM

Does EB in the US have a 7-day return policy?

Also, I hope you used British Telecom alongside your trip to EB.

Ohhhhh, I see.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  But is it Fun?  |  Topic: Grey's Anatomy - Longtail Studios - PC  
Jump to: