Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:24:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: The Sims 3 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Sims 3  (Read 91842 times)
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #245 on: June 19, 2009, 11:01:55 PM

Anyone have any idea if/how one could move all the Sims 2 music to the Sims 3? I'm tired of hearing the same three songs on the various stations.

God Save the Horn Players
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #246 on: June 19, 2009, 11:18:56 PM

I think you can only put it on Custom folder radio under my documents\sims 3 folder

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #247 on: June 20, 2009, 02:34:58 AM

Alice and Kev: The story of being homeless in Sims 3

This is an experiment in playing a homeless family in The Sims 3. I created two Sims, moved them in to a place made to look like an abandoned park, removed all of their remaining money, and then attempted to help them survive without taking any job promotions or easy cash routes. It’s based on the old ‘poverty challenge’ idea from The Sims 2, but it turned out to be a lot more interesting with The Sims 3’s living neighborhood features.

I have attempted to tell my experiences with the minimum of embellishment. Everything I describe in here is something that happened in the game. What’s more, a surprising amount of the interesting things in this story were generated by just letting go and watching the Sims’ free will and personality traits take over.
Not a Sims fan but that was a good read, thanks.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #248 on: July 07, 2011, 09:11:46 PM

/necro

Started playing World Adventures, after having played just the Sims 3 (my daughter has all of the Sims 3 expacs except Medieval), and now I remember why I hate EA.  Buggy games.  You'd think with all the money they have made, they'd be able to make games that don't fuck up so badly.

I was having a great time, visiting tombs in China and Egypt, until my sim came back from Egypt only to find herself cloned - now I have two sims that are almost the same but with slight differences - one has stats from before my Egyptian trip but inventory from after, and the other vice versa.  Picked one at random to go back to Egypt with, and she has disappeared.  

The EA forums are no help - people have been complaining about this bug for 2 years.  I just installed this game yesterday, and updated it, etc.

Shitty shitty shitty EA fuckers.  Is it really that hard to fix this kind of stupid with all that money from their cash cow franchise?
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #249 on: July 18, 2011, 10:49:48 AM

So, after perusing the official EA Sims3 forums, it seems that the most recent patch for the newest expansion royally fucked up everything else.  This patch came out in early June.  There has been no patch since, nor even an official acknowledgment from EA that they are even aware of any problems or are working on solutions.

The technical forum has pages and pages and pages of threads from people complaining that they can't play for one reason or another.

How can long can a company shit on its customers in such a way that they break the game that customers have bought, and continue to sell the games that cannot be played due to the patches that the company has come out with?  I'm surprised that there isn't a bigger shitstorm over this.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #250 on: July 18, 2011, 11:50:45 AM

Huh, I haven't had any problems with the latest patch. Not that I don't believe you, as this is certainly not a new problem, it's just funny to me how I manage to usually avoid the "THIS PATCH BROKED IT" shit with regards to the Sims and all its runty children.

God Save the Horn Players
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #251 on: July 18, 2011, 12:22:15 PM

I didn't have problems until I had played my world traveler about 16-20 hours.  Now I don't see a point in playing, or at least playing a sim that I want to attempt to fulfill a lifetime wish for - playing more like a game than a sandbox - since the sim can be "broke" such that I can no longer play that sim.

Seems like a showstopper bug to me, and judging from the 120 or so threads on the technical problems forum that people have just posted in today, there is no lack of other serious showstopping bugs (some from this, and other similar things).

It surprises me that EA's customer service is no better (and probably far worse) than it ever was, yet people continue to buy their products.  I had sworn not to after the buggy shit that Sims 2 was, but then I caved to my daughter and bought the sims 3 stuff (never played it much until now).  Even in their regular forums, the complaints far outnumber normal posts.  Any sane company might be concerned, but EA has it's own special brand of crazy.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #252 on: November 23, 2017, 10:41:26 AM

/necro

This is really a question about The Sims 4  - is it worth getting for $9.99?
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #253 on: November 23, 2017, 11:36:44 AM

That's not a bad deal especially if it includes some expansions. If it's just a loss leader to get you to buy their over priced expansions I'd wait another year or two.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #254 on: November 27, 2017, 12:28:07 AM

I found it really limited and couldn't really enjoy it past 2 hours demo.
After the open sprawling city where I could mod it to have sexual predators at night in Sims 3, I just can't go back to it.
But at $9.99 - I'm thinking it's fine.
Why not just pick up that EA Access sub thing so you got other games to go along for one month?

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #255 on: November 27, 2017, 03:59:29 PM

Thanks - I think I'll wait until the next sale, when some expansion will go on sale too.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #256 on: November 28, 2017, 07:09:03 AM

Generally, my wife is disappointed in the state of the add-ons in that they don't seem to be generating them in quantity, plus she really liked Seasons and they didn't make one of those for the last two versions.  But it is still a fine dollhouse.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #257 on: November 28, 2017, 07:50:30 AM

Sims 4 was basically what was going to be Sims Online 2, then they decided to scrap all the Online stuff and just use it for the next single player. No open world - just a small navigable area between houses in a "neighbourhood" of about five lots. Multiple Neighbourhoods make up your city. Worlds are 95% not modifiable, there's no height maps on lots, they did away with the color pallet system of 3...

And as with all Sim games, 80% of the content comes in the expansions.

For $10 its probably a fun waste of time to try out a few of the new systems they did put in, but honestly, its one of the saddest excuses for a AAA sequel ever produced.  About the only thing they improved over 3 was making the actual sims look, well, less hideous (though very cartoonish).

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: The Sims 3  
Jump to: