Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:59:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Order Takes King on Dark Crag 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Order Takes King on Dark Crag  (Read 14122 times)
waylander
Terracotta Army

on: May 15, 2009, 08:05:12 AM

Post and Pics

Some Destro say the sky is falling!

Now there are a couple of things to note here.

A set of T2 Twinks for city scenarios, and fast Stage I flipping is making this go to Stage II++ more often. This was introduced in 1.2 or 1.2.1, and took the city invasion PVP scenarios out of T4. It put them in the hands of T2 players, and has helped pushed the victory bar.

Order on this server has had a big gear advantage for a while. Destro went through some rough times, and got a lot of reroll guilds in February.  But most of those guilds only have lesser-greater wards, and cannot survive City Invasions past Stage I without more wards.  The gear check alone will prevent Destro on this server from getting to the King for quite a while still.

Off hour pushes result in 17+ hour lockouts.  DC has a good sized EST playing population so the server getting locked at odd hours or during the work day have resulted in T4 people logging in with nothing to do but log off or play an Alt. 

I don't know what will happen to the server, but I do know that for the past week or so Destro has logged on during prime time to find the battle already lost and our capital city in some stage of lockout or lockdown due to an ongoing assault. DC is one of the highest population servers in Warhammer, so it will be interesting to see the lingering effects of this Order victory.

Lords of the Dead
Gaming Press - Retired
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 08:17:00 AM

WAR has much bigger issues than this, but I can understand why people are complaining about the Order vs Destro disparity.  Class for class, Order is better in almost every direct comparison.  That's not good. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 10:39:55 AM

Special Thanks: The CSRs that assisted us as we progressed through the buggy portals

Evarni
Soulrais
Lothande
Drasaw
Xatryn

lol wut?

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 10:42:59 AM

lol wut?

It was the answer to "How many CSRs does it take to navigate WAR's buggy endgame?"

The answer is 5.

Ironically, 5 is also the answer to "how many weeks will it take before I get a response to my in-game bug report?"

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
waylander
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 11:52:41 AM

Ironically, 5 is also the answer to "how many weeks will it take before I get a response to my in-game bug report?"

It took me 2.5 months to get an email reply from Mythic support about a guild rewards issue related to our guild rank. I'm glad it wasn't a huge issue, but I just can't believe it took so long.

Lords of the Dead
Gaming Press - Retired
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 11:58:15 AM

The words used as slang in MMOs aren't taught in English classes in Bangalore.  It took a lot of research so they could understand your concern.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 12:33:31 PM

It must be Friday.  It took me two passes to parse out the meaning.  Then I laughed.

So all was well, in the end.
Pendan
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 03:03:00 PM

WAR has much bigger issues than this, but I can understand why people are complaining about the Order vs Destro disparity.  Class for class, Order is better in almost every direct comparison.  That's not good. 
I was under the impression that Destruction dominated most servers. http://www.warheap.com/servers/

Bad data, bad interpretation, or is the pendalum swinging towards Order?
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: May 18, 2009, 03:30:53 PM

Destro dominated the servers until just before 1.2.  Then order dominated.  Now we see people playing both sides to find a fight.  On some servers, order has locked the capital so much that destro has little or nothing to do nightly in the endgame.  This is a serious issue.

The numbers are hard to tell from.  You would need to mind the statistics on active accounts.   

-  Mark Twain
Chockonuts
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: May 28, 2009, 12:30:38 AM

Quote from: MMO Gamer Interview

Paul Barnett: [laughs] Are we going to get into a balancing issue conversation?

The MMO Gamer: I’m just curious. It seemed a little heavy-handed, let’s say.

Paul Barnett: Getting careers right is impossible. Getting the balance right is impossible. And no matter how much you try to design, no design survives real players.

And so as much we adore our internal testing and QA people and our signed up open testers, those players turn out to be trickier and cleverer and more interested in how to abuse our systems than we ever could be.

That however, does not excuse certain careers being overbalanced. This sort of thing Mark takes really seriously, and the careers team takes very seriously, and when you’re trying to put them right it’s very, very hard.

I don’t begrudge anyone whose job it is to balance careers. When to make the change, when to pull the levers, when to roll it into the build, it’s “you’re dammed no matter what you do.”

The people who are playing a career that is considered overly powerful, or has an ability that stacking incorrectly, or having a combinational system that is making them disproportional powerful… On the whole, most of them have no idea that that’s wrong or bad.

Quite a lot of people just assume that they figured out a good tactic and are pleased with the way they’re playing it. And suddenly, they log in and find out that the way they’re playing has been taken away from them, and now because they’re robbed of the tactic they’ve been using, they’re now in much deeper hole and trying to get themselves out of it and learn how to plan their career properly.

Whereas other people are playing the game, and believe they’re playing it well and they just getting absolutely cream-crackered. And these people end up going “Well it’s completely unreasonable, it’s unfair!” and they end up playing their career badly or just play with the strings they have.

It really is incredibly difficult and I’m glad I don’t do it. Always play Order, that would be my bet.

Yes, he just did say "Fuck it...  just go play Order."   ACK!

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: May 28, 2009, 06:29:15 AM

Holy fuck.
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #11 on: May 28, 2009, 07:03:43 AM

Sounds like he's trolling to me.

"Me am play gods"
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #12 on: May 28, 2009, 07:47:27 AM

His entire career has been one giant troll.

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: May 28, 2009, 08:17:44 AM

Sounds like he's trolling to me.

Which is equally stupid as being serious. Hi, you're the most public face of a failing game. Don't be a fucking rock star. Shut your fucking mouth when it comes to...

You know what? We've said it before. And we don't REALLY want him to shut up.
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #14 on: May 28, 2009, 08:29:44 AM

Since we can't can have the game that is a badass, we get the game designer that is a dumbass.  I am sure most of us would choose the former.  Laughing at him is our consolation prize. 

"Me am play gods"
Jherad
Terracotta Army

I find Rachel Maddow seriously hot.

Reply #15 on: May 28, 2009, 09:22:38 AM

And we don't REALLY want him to shut up.

Good grief no. Lost interest in the game ages ago, but he provides free car-crash entertainment. He will be remembered for *years*.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #16 on: May 28, 2009, 11:43:28 AM

His entire career has been one giant troll.

what Haem said

I want to watch this guy's career crash and burn.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Order Takes King on Dark Crag  
Jump to: