Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:15:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Heyalp! Heyalp! It's da Claw! It's da Claw! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Heyalp! Heyalp! It's da Claw! It's da Claw!  (Read 14553 times)
VainEldritch
Terracotta Army

on: May 13, 2009, 03:06:05 AM

Well, not actually the Hooded Claw, but something far more wicked my comes: the somewhat belated desire to play EVE Online.  ACK!

In an effort to explain myself (to myself) and my tardiness, I offer you the following litany of woe: Ever since SWG (  Beating a Dead Horse ) I've been looking for something with some depth - a place I could stay for several years. EVE crossed my radar at about the same time as AoC and I went for the blood-fest 'n' knockers (superficiality FTL...). Oh well. Said disaster behind me, I've been peering into the murk that EVE was to me on my first pass look-see and trying to figure out wtf I could do in this game. Now it seems I'm quite close to falling in love with the game, and for the right reasons this time.

I was delighted to see that F13 has an active EVE corp going on, and was wondering if you were recruiting or have a Corp for F13 members and noobsters like me?

I just installed the game again yesterday (computerage problems required that I rebuild my system, fly to USA and ram various items of hardware up Bill Gates' "Bobby Brown") so I know sweet fuck all about what I'm doing...

Everyone says "Join a corp!"... so here I am asking to join you chaps and chapesses.

Chances?

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.
Predator Irl
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 03:15:38 AM

Well, not actually the Hooded Claw, but something far more wicked my comes: the somewhat belated desire to play EVE Online.  ACK!

In an effort to explain myself (to myself) and my tardiness, I offer you the following litany of woe: Ever since SWG (  Beating a Dead Horse ) I've been looking for something with some depth - a place I could stay for several years. EVE crossed my radar at about the same time as AoC and I went for the blood-fest 'n' knockers (superficiality FTL...). Oh well. Said disaster behind me, I've been peering into the murk that EVE was to me on my first pass look-see and trying to figure out wtf I could do in this game. Now it seems I'm quite close to falling in love with the game, and for the right reasons this time.

I was delighted to see that F13 has an active EVE corp going on, and was wondering if you were recruiting or have a Corp for F13 members and noobsters like me?

I just installed the game again yesterday (computerage problems required that I rebuild my system, fly to USA and ram various items of hardware up Bill Gates' "Bobby Brown") so I know sweet fuck all about what I'm doing...

Everyone says "Join a corp!"... so here I am asking to join you chaps and chapesses.

Chances?

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Beating a Dead Horse

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one!
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 04:02:12 AM

We do have Bat Country and F13corp still in the game for newer players, although they're relatively inactive.
Trigona
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 04:26:27 AM

What sort of corp are you looking for, or more to the point, what sort of play style interests you, PvP, PvE, a mixture...that sort of thing.   That will have a big influence on the sort of corp you join.

A corp that is really good for new players is Eve University.  They help with all the mechanics of the game and give you skill books etc. 

If you can't get in with a group of friends who will look after you, and if F13 and Bat Country are largely inactive (making them not a good choice for a newbie imo), I would think about contacting the University. 
VainEldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 06:19:40 AM

We do have Bat Country and F13corp still in the game for newer players, although they're relatively inactive.

Thanks for the heads up.

As for the style of play I want - atm I'm still loving the graphics and the sheer feeling of biblical vastness I get when I log in (as opposed to the sheer feeling of secular smallness I had, like riding a horse across the lawn of a semi-detache in Golders Green, from AoC...).

I'll check out the Eve University then... but I'll look out for Goonies in game :D

Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 06:29:12 AM

Spy.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 06:34:34 AM

Damn pezzle beat me to it.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009, 06:40:56 AM

Join the F13 chat channel in-game and we can at least answer your questions and give you some newbie cash to get you started.
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #8 on: May 13, 2009, 06:52:38 AM

I wasn't going to say the S-word.  But yeah.

Also, protip: avoid the word "goonies" if you are looking to infiltrate anything.

Witty banter not included.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: May 13, 2009, 06:00:02 PM

I thought this was going to be a thread about Claw interceptors, and how they aren't very good.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: May 13, 2009, 11:35:39 PM

VainEldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: May 14, 2009, 12:38:13 AM

Join the F13 chat channel in-game and we can at least answer your questions and give you some newbie cash to get you started.

Thanks Reg, I'll do that - I'm still a bit overwhelmed.

Btw... spy? As in Harry Lime? Kim Philby?

why so serious?

WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #12 on: May 14, 2009, 01:55:35 AM

This guy looks legit.  this guy looks legit

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
VainEldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: May 14, 2009, 08:02:39 AM

Hey Reg, how on earth do I talk to you guys in the F13 channel? I don't see it listed under any of the channels in the Channels and Mailing Lists tab... nor for that matter can I find GFHelp (as suggested in the wiki).

Heyalp...

My in game my name is Vain Eldritch, and I have finally settled on a race (Caldari), and an appearance (I'm a sucker for gothic women with big hair)... currently languishing in Kisogo System at the Kisogo VII War Academy station.

lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: May 14, 2009, 08:12:04 AM

Channels & Mailing lists -> Channels -> Join -> Type channel name here -> OK
or right click Channels & Mailing lists -> Join -> Type channel name here -> OK
VainEldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: May 14, 2009, 08:23:49 AM

Channels & Mailing lists -> Channels -> Join -> Type channel name here -> OK
or right click Channels & Mailing lists -> Join -> Type channel name here -> OK

I love you and it's a good, clean love - without utensils.

Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: May 14, 2009, 10:46:18 AM

Trying to hard to be friendly.  I don't trust friendly people.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
VainEldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: May 14, 2009, 11:23:28 AM

Trying to hard to be friendly.  I don't trust friendly people.

Up yours you monosynaptic drivel-monger.

Is that better?

Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: May 14, 2009, 12:29:46 PM

Close, but you'll never fit in with the Goons unless you call someone a faggot now and again.  If you really want to blend in, just use it as a form of punctuation, like most of them do.  awesome, for real

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #19 on: May 14, 2009, 12:34:48 PM

I thought this was going to be a thread about Claw interceptors, and how they aren't very good.

OP also isn't any good at the spy game.  Though he's trying very hard.  Points for effort.

VainEldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: May 14, 2009, 02:08:19 PM

OP also isn't any good at the spy game.  Though he's trying very hard.  Points for effort.

In fact, I'm not very good at anything at the moment - even things I'm not actually doing, apparently. Well, "Heigh-ho",  as Kurt Vonnegut Jr would say. Was nice chatting a little with couple of folks in EVE F13 chat  earlier. Completed my first mission! I'll go to bed happy that Vain is learning about, well, learning actually, while I sleep.

I'm really kicking myself for not picking up this game 6 years ago.

*Takes off false nose, mustache and glasses. Removes microfilm from bow-tie camera, and prepares report for THRUSH that mentions the need to use the term "faggot" frequently*
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 02:10:13 PM by VainEldritch »

Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: May 15, 2009, 07:02:06 AM

It wasn't the same game 6 years ago.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Predator Irl
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: May 15, 2009, 07:32:18 AM

It wasn't the same game 6 years ago.

It's not the same game as 2 years ago!

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one!
Trebes
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: May 16, 2009, 02:28:12 AM

chaps and chapesses

Jade Constantine's spy account
VainEldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: May 16, 2009, 01:44:43 PM

chaps and chapesses

You chaps and chapesses are I presume familiar with McCarthyism...?

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: May 16, 2009, 02:48:22 PM

chaps and chapesses

You chaps and chapesses are I presume familiar with McCarthyism...?

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Hehe, he is a spy.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #26 on: May 16, 2009, 04:57:44 PM

Needs more images.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #27 on: May 16, 2009, 06:32:38 PM

I wonder how many EVE Uni applicants are just failed spies who had to join it to maintain appearances.

VainEldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: May 17, 2009, 01:34:43 AM

Needs more images.

Here's another... quite apt methinks  why so serious?

« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 01:49:02 PM by VainEldritch »

WayAbvPar

Reply #29 on: May 20, 2009, 01:10:33 PM

You should have posted the big version.  Ohhhhh, I see.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: May 20, 2009, 03:18:14 PM

Here's an equally apt picture.

awesome, for real

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: May 22, 2009, 01:10:22 PM

I wonder how many EVE Uni applicants are just failed spies who had to join it to maintain appearances.

I would be able to answer that question.. but my calculator just exploded.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Hic sunt dracones.
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #32 on: May 22, 2009, 02:15:28 PM

You guys have Portuguese enemies in game now?

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #33 on: May 22, 2009, 02:32:22 PM

Probably.  There's already a Spanish alliance in the enemy's coalition.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: May 23, 2009, 03:08:50 AM

chaps and chapesses

Good spot.  Quoting this because I am down.

And even if this isn't everyone's favourite space hermaphrodite, it's similar enough to be awful.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Heyalp! Heyalp! It's da Claw! It's da Claw!  
Jump to: