Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:35:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Heyalp! Heyalp! It's da Claw! It's da Claw! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Heyalp! Heyalp! It's da Claw! It's da Claw!  (Read 14554 times)
VainEldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: May 23, 2009, 09:43:08 AM

You guys have Portuguese enemies in game now?

1. I'm English - I just happen to live in Portugal (which sucks, btw)
2. I'm not anyone's enemy because no one is my enemy - I've been playing the game for 9 days and have yet to shoot or be shot at by another player
3. I've been around F13 for a few years - mostly lurking - as I liked the acerbic wit and"usefully cynical commentary". I thought F13 / Goons might be a good bunch to join up with for a new player, since you have a ton or reallly helpful links in the F13 EVE forum and appeared to be actually encouraging more people to play and even join up - having chat channels and such. Thus far Regel in the F13 channel has been very helpful (even game me some ISK, which I have since been able to pay back - thanks again mate) and Predator irl helped with some advice too so thanks there as well.
4. I've now read around on the history of EVE Online and the Goons so I understand (to the degree that a reasonably intelligent outsider might) the "spy paranoia" bit. I had no idea how deep EVE was in either game-play terms (number of skills and thier differing applicability to game siuations) nor in terms of the sov wars. Well, now I do and I want more than ever to be a part of this game - I'd like to do that with F13/Goons, but you lot don't recruit openly and it seems I am not considered an "insider", so I'm at a loss.

'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: May 23, 2009, 10:44:53 AM

If you really want to join up with the Goons it's not that hard - certainly easier than getting into the F13 goon corp anyway. Just get a forum membership at Something Awful and post regularly there but NOT about Eve. After a few months at Something Awful building credibility you can apply to Goonfleet and most likely get in.

I'm just paraphrasing stuff I've heard Endie say in the past so he should correct me if I'm wrong.
Trebes
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: May 23, 2009, 09:00:58 PM

Just get a forum membership at Something Awful and post regularly there but NOT about Eve. After a few months at Something Awful building credibility you can apply to Goonfleet and most likely get in.

For you, I recommend FYAD.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #38 on: May 24, 2009, 12:52:37 AM

stuff

I don't even play. I just like to come here and call people spies.

You fucking spy.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
VainEldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: May 24, 2009, 12:54:01 AM

Just get a forum membership at Something Awful and post regularly there but NOT about Eve. After a few months at Something Awful building credibility you can apply to Goonfleet and most likely get in.

For you, I recommend FYAD.

FYAD...? Whodat?

Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: May 24, 2009, 03:41:37 AM

/shrug

No idea. Probably some goon meme I'm clueless about.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: May 24, 2009, 04:11:39 AM

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Trebes
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: May 24, 2009, 05:41:29 AM

FYAD...? Whodat?

Look, the important thing is that you stay out of Trad Games, because I don't need any spies trying to muscle in on the Shadowrun action while they wait out their three months to infiltrate Goonfleet.

There's at least one game going on with pretty good odds of at least two characters getting splattered, and I got an application in as a Formori Shark shaman named "Fin McCool" that is a sure bet to get picked.
VainEldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: May 24, 2009, 01:09:20 PM

Following the advice of Cadavarine... WUA, gtfo you faggot.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #44 on: May 24, 2009, 01:25:16 PM

Never burn your handler like that, Vain!
VainEldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: May 24, 2009, 11:52:30 PM

Never burn your handler like that, Vain!

Hey, I was only only following advice - I'm easily led so blame Cadavarine! Besides, I wasn't aware I was being "handled"...  ACK!

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: May 25, 2009, 12:57:53 AM

Lock and gas...

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #47 on: May 25, 2009, 02:17:15 PM

Tempting.. but no.
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #48 on: May 25, 2009, 04:24:49 PM

Stupidity magnets make my job easier elsewhere.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
VainEldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: May 26, 2009, 12:21:02 AM

Stupidity magnets make my job easier elsewhere.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

This was not my intention and I apologise for any ad hominem offense. Neither was it my intention to create a trash thread, nor a "stupidity magnet". Obviously.

Yoru

Reply #50 on: May 26, 2009, 03:48:26 AM

I was thinking more of the AF idiocy into which some other newbie's thread descended.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #51 on: May 26, 2009, 04:29:01 AM

I'll believe he's not a spy if he can explain his stance on the following subjects:
  • Pre-Trammel UO
  • SW:G and the NGE
  • Anthropogenic Global Warming
  • Logical Determinism
  • Libertarianism
  • Weather patterns in Central Texas

I think that any new recruit should address any three of the above topics in that list in their opening post as a test of their mettle.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Yoru

Reply #52 on: May 26, 2009, 05:21:15 AM

Bonus points for charts.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: May 26, 2009, 05:46:53 AM

I am seriously - and I mean seriously - beginning to think that plenty of spies just see me posting shitloads about Eve, check out my post history and finds that I get folks to do stuff in Eve, and then copies my first sentence of my first post:

I have been lurking through f13, waterthread and back to L:tM.

I mean, it happens almost every time now.  Difference is I didn't even notice the Eve thread for six or seven weeks, and was having far more fun in the AW graph thread.

I dare these people to spend their first ten posts like me: going for HaemishM and Tazelbain of all people, making inaccurate jibes about Lum, and getting in a detail-centric argument with Arthur_Parker.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Grand Design
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: May 26, 2009, 03:46:03 PM

I'll believe he's not a spy if he can explain his stance on the following subjects:
  • Pre-Trammel UO
  • Logical Determinism
  • Libertarianism

I think that any new recruit should address any three of the above topics in that list in their opening post as a test of their mettle.

Tick-tock, Clarice.
VainEldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: May 27, 2009, 12:19:35 PM

• Pre-Trammel UO
  • Logical Determinism
  • Libertarianism

Very well… allow me address these in no particular order whatsoever and to jump form one to the other with no regard for my audience, for these subjects are in fact all closely connected, as you will see.

Weather patterns in Central Texas are in fact as likely an explanation as anything yet advanced by the responsible parties for both the “Trammelisation” of UO and the implementation (via lubricant-free insertion) of the NGE in SW:G. The friction generated by the frantic pumping and ramming actions required to achieve the aforementioned community-wide hoop-stretching insertions in turn contributed in no small way to global warming and thus may be considered a direct anthropogenic cause, to wit, the pulling of a “Smed”. Even the most libertarian thinkers must surely have winced at such heinous propositions, the more diabolical because the illusion of future choice was maintained even as the gargantuan shafting approached zenith and the decisions made in that terrible present that would render any future choice little more than the problem of free will.

WayAbvPar

Reply #56 on: May 27, 2009, 12:36:29 PM

Weather patterns in Central Texas

Ok that made me LOL. Sorry Eric  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: May 27, 2009, 01:37:53 PM

Now that I see the relationship between weather in Texas and the NGE I understand why Schild's car was specially targeted by the baseball sized hail stones.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #58 on: May 27, 2009, 04:27:13 PM

Now that I see the relationship between weather in Texas and the NGE I understand why Schild's car was specially targeted by the baseball sized hail stones.
And, perhaps, why mine was spared.
Vedi
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: May 29, 2009, 02:52:01 PM

Quote from: Schild
Good? Lots of neat skills such as Orbital Strike

Quote from: Schild
Once collision detection goes in, this will probably be the game I play.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #60 on: June 01, 2009, 02:48:13 AM

to wit, the pulling of a “Smed”.

Points deducted for not following or preceding "Smed" with the term, "Goatfucker".

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Heyalp! Heyalp! It's da Claw! It's da Claw!  
Jump to: