Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 12:08:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Who needs a kin-invite? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who needs a kin-invite?  (Read 23439 times)
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: June 17, 2009, 10:01:33 AM

Kinchat is definitely in fits and starts, but that doesn't mean that they don't care about one another  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #71 on: June 19, 2009, 07:11:41 PM

Finally got around to getting Ingur the champion into the kin. Now I just need to find time to play this in between everything else.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Rishathra
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: June 20, 2009, 09:03:52 PM

Only rule I have is don't be a jerk, and don't abuse our kin hall box sharing exchange thing.

"...you'll still be here trying to act cool while actually being a bored and frustrated office worker with a vibrating anger-valve puffing out internet hostility." - Falconeer
"That looks like English but I have no idea what you just said." - Trippy
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #73 on: July 11, 2009, 03:26:15 PM

How active is the kinship?  Thinking about getting back into this a bit.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: July 13, 2009, 08:51:23 AM

How active is the kinship?  Thinking about getting back into this a bit.

Its quite active.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: July 13, 2009, 11:54:57 AM

Yeah there are always people on when I log in. They don't talk that much, and mostly I have no idea who any of them are, but they're there!

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #76 on: July 13, 2009, 11:58:46 AM

Some are noisier than others.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: July 13, 2009, 12:03:43 PM

BTW re: the kin box looting incident, aren't there logs so you can just boot whoever did it?

Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: July 13, 2009, 12:06:56 PM

incident?
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: July 13, 2009, 12:08:34 PM

BTW re: the kin box looting incident, aren't there logs so you can just boot whoever did it?

Nope. I suggested it to the very helpful GM that helped me literally moments from submitting a ticket. She well understood the issue, and said this was already something the developers were working on, as most kinships do the same thing we do. She sadly, could not help us, in any way other than to confirm it was not a server hiccup.

incident?

Someone took every item out of our kinhall chests. Seems to have happened last weekend. I have not been on much do to moving.

It is simply sad someone would do this. The chests we set up with class items, and book pages and Noob gear (Crited), the items and pages represent time, so its the bigest disappointment, as many have been greatly helped by the class items being there (Time).

The person got away with MAYBE 3 gold in items.

Some are noisier than others.

This is correct. Many will pipe up though if you ask a question, or need help.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 12:13:49 PM by Mrbloodworth »

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: July 13, 2009, 12:14:17 PM

I admit to taking a suit of the crafted leather about three weeks ago a couple levels vefore I could use it, but I plan to pay the kin back with giving people wood.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: July 13, 2009, 12:17:09 PM

I admit to taking a suit of the crafted leather about three weeks ago a couple levels vefore I could use it, but I plan to pay the kin back with giving people wood.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

This is A-OK, that's what they are for, and was always the intent. It is there for anyone, if you can use it, take it, if you have extra, dump it in, if you just like helping make some items.

The class items were the best, simply questing would sometimes give you what you needed, but sometimes you gather a ton of stuff for other classes, so we had a chest full of items that you could take to meet your requirements, and drop off stuff not for your class. Huge time saver.

But to show how much a great kinship we have, the chests were filled up with in days with useful items again, once we discovered what happened. The class stuff, and book pages may take a while.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 12:19:08 PM by Mrbloodworth »

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #82 on: July 13, 2009, 01:27:42 PM

I plan to pay the kin back with giving people wood.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Awesome.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: July 13, 2009, 01:38:08 PM

This is A-OK, that's what they are for, and was always the intent. It is there for anyone, if you can use it, take it, if you have extra, dump it in, if you just like helping make some items.

The class items were the best, simply questing would sometimes give you what you needed, but sometimes you gather a ton of stuff for other classes, so we had a chest full of items that you could take to meet your requirements, and drop off stuff not for your class. Huge time saver.

But to show how much a great kinship we have, the chests were filled up with in days with useful items again, once we discovered what happened. The class stuff, and book pages may take a while.

Aye must have been refilled quick.....as I believe I grabbed a pick and axe on Saturday and everything was pretty much filled up at that point.  Any suspicious (not that it matters) on the culprit? should I be making preparations to go Tolkien vigilante-styles on his/her ass?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: July 13, 2009, 01:52:04 PM

The major bummer about no logs/help from Turbine on it is that it sort of means that whoever did it now knows they can get away with it and thus might do it again.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: July 19, 2009, 02:29:32 AM

The major bummer about no logs/help from Turbine on it is that it sort of means that whoever did it now knows they can get away with it and thus might do it again.

Do vault Thefts just follow you around now Ing?   Ohhhhh, I see.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #86 on: July 20, 2009, 08:48:37 AM

Dat dat duuummm!

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: July 20, 2009, 01:30:21 PM

I dunno, maybe I have some kind of bad karma that causes it. I do know there's nothing LESS fun in WoW than the way Blizzard does vault restores - they mail it all to you as attachments and you have to ferry it all to the vault by hand. Last time someone got hacked and our WoW vault got emptied I had freaking hundreds of stacks of shit to sort through.

rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #88 on: July 20, 2009, 02:31:54 PM

I *wish* we could have the problem of having 100s of stacks to put back. Too much stuff in this game for the tiny storage space available.
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: July 20, 2009, 04:44:27 PM

Some day I'll sit down and figure out how crafting works in this game. I know purple items are good, but I just sell everything else. I'd steal stuff from the vault but then it would just take up inventory space and I wouldn't know what to do with it. So F that.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #90 on: July 20, 2009, 05:44:46 PM

Unless you are a craftard, I'd say avoid, although it's easier now than before.  I end up getting my equip from friends or the AH (not in the kin house storage for some reason) anyway, what isn't a quest reward, that is (exception is that my hunter makes most of my bows).  Also playing a RK means I really don't care if I'm lvl 35 and wearing lv16 armor. Ohhhhh, I see.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: July 20, 2009, 05:45:30 PM

As far as I can tell there's real money to be made just selling hides and wood and bars or whatever, so I just do that and occasionally splurge on a purple weapon to hold me for a few levels, it seems to be working out ok.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: July 20, 2009, 07:26:43 PM

I end up getting my equip from friends or the AH (not in the kin house storage for some reason) anyway

I need to make a bunch of stuff, I just haven't been on.  To many other things right now. But the stuff I do put in seems to go fast.

Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: July 21, 2009, 01:44:03 PM

Also playing a RK means I really don't care if I'm lvl 35 and wearing lv16 armor. Ohhhhh, I see.

Yeah, well my 33 Warden is still wearing his level 15 shield. Although I just got a level 37 group quest for a fantastic new one.. Let's kill some trolls in Fornost sometime!
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Who needs a kin-invite?  
Jump to: