Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 12:39:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Who needs a kin-invite? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who needs a kin-invite?  (Read 23427 times)
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

on: May 12, 2009, 10:54:29 AM

Please put your Toon name in this thread. i will be online  (wed)  till about 9:30
(EST) as "Grimst". (other officers that play later than that: Bravade, Nightweedband, Rudialas)

I can't keep track of who needs in an invite in all the threads, so i am making one here.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 11:17:28 AM by Mrbloodworth »

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 11:02:38 AM

9:30 in what time zone?

My dude is named Ingur.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 11:17:57 AM

9:30 in what time zone?

My dude is named Ingur.

Sorry, EST. I will be on until 9:30ish.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 12:40:56 PM

I made a human Lore-Master last night. Her name's Saerthir, which is Sindarin for "Bitter Watcher." I felt it appropriate for an F13-related character.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 01:10:09 PM

Tarrathir, level 18ish Hunter.

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 01:11:30 PM

K, if my people (that means me) don't contact you, contact me (Grimst).

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: May 12, 2009, 04:33:29 PM

I will just be walking out the door at work by the time you've logged, so I will have to try to catch one of the other people.

Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: May 12, 2009, 05:24:45 PM

Looks like I missed you. I'll try again tomorrow - time for dinner with the family.

- Henry Cobb
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: May 12, 2009, 07:17:39 PM

Arasi , but  it looks like I've missed ya as well
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: May 13, 2009, 06:17:05 AM

Its OK, this was early notice, in the OP i stated that i would be on Wednesday night.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: May 13, 2009, 10:43:19 AM

Its OK, this was early notice, in the OP i stated that i would be on Wednesday night.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

...I knew that. Honest. Facepalm

- Henry Cobb
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: May 13, 2009, 10:50:56 AM

...I knew that. Honest. Facepalm

Your secret is safe with me.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: May 13, 2009, 03:13:56 PM

Online now.  awesome, for real

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: May 13, 2009, 06:14:56 PM

Now, offline.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #14 on: May 14, 2009, 05:55:23 AM

awesome, for real
 Ohhhhh, I see.
 awesome, for real
 Ohhhhh, I see.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: May 14, 2009, 08:36:44 AM

Does anyone in this Kin group?  I played for a month solo and got bored out of my skull.  If there were regular groups I may be tempted to resub. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: May 14, 2009, 08:38:56 AM

...I ended up working late last night. -_-

- Henry Cobb
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: May 14, 2009, 08:44:56 AM

Does anyone in this Kin group?  I played for a month solo and got bored out of my skull.  If there were regular groups I may be tempted to resub. 

Yes, but there seem to be a lot of very spread out play times. Speaking for myself, i mostly kin-group everything.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #18 on: May 14, 2009, 08:50:27 AM

When I am playing, it is usually with my wife, but I am sure it would be no problem to get you in on what we are doing assuming you qualify for the quest chain.  The downside is that we usually only play on Sunday during the day.  Weeknights I'm playing alts, when I do play, and I'm pretty open about who I group with (those kin people are all level 50+ and don't stop to read quest text), but then I'm not stuck on anything with the alts since I'm happy enough skipping fellowship quests.  Also I fuck around a lot, doing crafting, or deeds, or quests, or exploring, of any sort in any place I feel like, maybe like if The Dude played LotRO.  So I don't have a lot of people saying "hey can I go with you and check out the hills around Oatbarton".  Silly achievers.

I guess that was a really long way of saying "if you see me on we can hang out and do shit".

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: May 14, 2009, 09:41:37 AM

As Schild has pointed out, I may be "too chatty" for this bunch.  The whole reason that I play MMO's is to log on and shoot the breeze while killing stuff.  What I've found in every f13 guild is that I log on to hours of silence... even when 20+ people are playing. 

For all of the posting on these forums, most of you are pretty antisocial online.  why so serious?

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #20 on: May 14, 2009, 09:45:38 AM

True enough for general kin chat, trouble is that the wife and I are on intercom with each other.  You are far, far more likely to get some chatter out of me if we are fellowed.  Probably too much.  Imagine my forum posts without the delay-and -filter inherent in the medium... if you can.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: May 14, 2009, 09:48:43 AM

I am quite chatty!

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #22 on: May 14, 2009, 09:52:22 AM

Well now I feel left out.

Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: May 14, 2009, 10:30:46 AM

As Schild has pointed out, I may be "too chatty" for this bunch.  The whole reason that I play MMO's is to log on and shoot the breeze while killing stuff.  What I've found in every f13 guild is that I log on to hours of silence... even when 20+ people are playing. 

For all of the posting on these forums, most of you are pretty antisocial online.  why so serious?

Raises hand for being one of the antisocial ones.  Not really antisocial, but I do get immersed in my gameplay - even when doing ridiculous grinding.  I just don't even notice the chat bar in general.  I would much rather be kin grouping, but still waiting for a few more to hit 55+.  I am not an alt guy, especially in LOTRO, because the achiever in me can not ignore unfinished deeds (although I have started a warden).  I stop to chat once in a while, but then move on not looking at the chat bar again.

I am still interested in some organized kin-grouping, whether it be new alts or existing.  Just let me know those who are interested.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: May 14, 2009, 10:45:44 AM

Raises hand for being one of the antisocial ones.  Not really antisocial, but I do get immersed in my gameplay - even when doing ridiculous grinding.  I just don't even notice the chat bar in general.  I would much rather be kin grouping, but still waiting for a few more to hit 55+.  I am not an alt guy, especially in LOTRO, because the achiever in me can not ignore unfinished deeds (although I have started a warden).  I stop to chat once in a while, but then move on not looking at the chat bar again.

I am still interested in some organized kin-grouping, whether it be new alts or existing.  Just let me know those who are interested.

Well, if this chain of command thing goes through. May I place you as event/kin-group family outing organizer? I do think this is something we are missing.

Another issue i want to solve, is like i said before, we have some really spread out playtime's. I'm going to make some people who clearly have playtime's that don't really overlap, as officers, and have them start inviting people for that playtime. CASE IN POINT, Tarami.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 10:48:28 AM by Mrbloodworth »

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #25 on: May 14, 2009, 11:23:24 AM

If you are even remotely considering me for that (or any) job, I decline in advance.

Apostrophes mean possession.

Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: May 14, 2009, 11:56:17 AM

I've been known to type a line or two in kinchat. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

I'll be online tonight (your night), I got a couple days off. awesome, for real

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #27 on: May 14, 2009, 12:16:51 PM

I've noticed that once people start talking, kin chat keeps going for a bit. But someone has to start (other than the few insane/kids who natter on at times)
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: May 14, 2009, 12:34:11 PM

Mind not my straight jacket, good sir, I'm quite sane sometimes.

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: May 14, 2009, 02:06:34 PM

I totally forgot to log in last night. :(

Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #30 on: May 14, 2009, 02:07:59 PM

I'm guilty of being quiet - I don't think I've said much of anything during my few days in the kin.  Although to be honest, no one else has said anything either.  Next time I promise to at least say Hi when I log on!
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #31 on: May 14, 2009, 03:28:34 PM

Most of the time I listen to audiobooks when I play morgs.  Seems almost silly for me to join a kin, actually.  I turn my game-playing part of my brain off while I play games.  If you figure that one out, let me know. 
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: May 14, 2009, 03:40:30 PM

I haven't been on in a few days, working OT. I'll try to bother somebody on Sunday, which will be the earliest I can play more than likely.

I don't usually say much but I join in if guildchat is lively. After 4 years of WoW I can also liberally throw in AOLspeak for added MMO ambiance.

"lol imma going to Lonelands at lvl 5, can ne1 maek me a wepon?"  why so serious?

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #33 on: May 14, 2009, 10:49:44 PM

That's pretty much the way to get me to ignore you forever.

Exceptions are made for sarcastic remarks. 'sup thou'
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: May 17, 2009, 09:26:55 AM

Online now as trucegore.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Who needs a kin-invite?  
Jump to: