Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:39:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Better off Ted 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Better off Ted  (Read 4638 times)
Stewie
Terracotta Army

on: April 16, 2009, 05:37:09 AM

This show just started a few weeks ago but is pretty damn funny.
About life in an office of a company that makes all kinds of crazy technology.
At the first commercial break they always have a little promo for thier company Veridian Dynamics

Its worth checking out the show.
The latest veridian promo mentioned creating more hurricane proof dogs with a clip of a dog with its head out the window of a moving car. For some reason this really cracked me up.

Professional Forum Lurker.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 05:44:30 AM

I love those promos. The rest is funny as well, but the promos are pure win.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 05:47:12 AM

I caught a bit of last weeks episode. The premise was that the company had put in a new security system. The new system couldn't detect Black employees for some reason. They fixed this by hiring white interns to follow each of the Black employees around all day.

Also, it has Portia de Rossi, and coincidentally the mood of it reminded me of Arrested Development.

I'll likely check out more.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 07:32:57 AM

It's great if you like geek humor. Don't get too invested however, ratings are terribly and it's likely to be cancelled.

Stewie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 08:25:35 AM

It doesn't surprise me that the ratings are terrible. I had no idea about the show at all until I saw it on the pvr because the girlfriend recorded it. I have seen no ads for it at all. Its a shame that good shows like these continue to get killed because the network execs are idiots.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 08:32:43 AM

I've been watching it because it's on right before Lost.  I agree, the promos are the best part.  That and the two scientists.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 08:39:05 AM

Good show.  Instead of being a The Ofiice clone, it does great at striking its own tone.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 11:24:55 AM by tazelbain »

"Me am play gods"
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #7 on: April 16, 2009, 09:09:13 AM

Damn, I saw the promos and wanted to watch it, but didn't realize it had started yet. I'll have to Hulu that.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #8 on: April 16, 2009, 09:17:31 AM

I caught a bit of last weeks episode. The premise was that the company had put in a new security system. The new system couldn't detect Black employees for some reason. They fixed this by hiring white interns to follow each of the Black employees around all day.

Which lead to a great exposition about how they were getting in trouble hiring only white interns, so they had to hire black interns as well.

This show is pretty good, but it's the situations that make it funny not the characters, who are pretty forgettable.  (Other than the scientists.)  Which is probably another reason it's not doing so well.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #9 on: August 13, 2009, 12:19:07 PM

Last 2 shows of the season were very good.  The Veronica character is starting to hit her stride. It really starting to remind of Arrested Developement with its self-aware snarky humor.  So surprising that this show got renewed.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 12:05:28 PM by tazelbain »

"Me am play gods"
Stewie
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: August 14, 2009, 08:43:01 AM

I am so glad they renewed this show.

It is closing in on 30rock and my fav sitcom right now.
I love how Phil and Lem's so desperately need Ted's approval and look up to him so much. It always cracks me up to see them worried that they disappointed Ted.

jason
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: August 14, 2009, 12:01:04 PM

Count me in as someone who loves this show.  I especially love the fake commercials... its scary how they start off sounding very legit and then slide into absurdity.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #12 on: August 14, 2009, 12:25:46 PM

The fake commercials feel like something out of Portal.  They just need the GLaD voice.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #13 on: January 27, 2010, 03:38:19 PM

The best new sitcom nobody's watching
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #14 on: January 27, 2010, 07:38:08 PM

The best new sitcom nobody's watching

And about to be canceled.

schild
Administrator

Reply #15 on: January 27, 2010, 07:42:11 PM

The worst not new sitcom nobody watched because it was unfunny schlock.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: January 28, 2010, 03:22:01 AM

It's a pretty uneven show but has had some really funny moments.  I liked the red labcoat, Phil and Lem realizing that they're evil scientists, etc. 
I'lll continue to watch and enjoy it until it's last episode and then forget about it.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #17 on: January 28, 2010, 07:52:14 AM

This got shitcanned? I can see why. It's hilarious like nothing else on TV, and completely absurd. I love it. When's the last show?

Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: January 28, 2010, 09:58:29 AM

I absolutely love this show, but honestly, if it's getting canceled, it's probably for the best.  The very premise of the show would have worn thin really fast, sorta like Eureka did.  It's not really sustainable.  Invention of the week isn't really any different than monster of the week, and I'm glad this show mostly avoided that direct trap so far, but I really think it's only a matter of time before the writers got lazy on that.
AutomaticZen
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: February 01, 2010, 08:31:41 AM

It's not cancelled yet, but like Scrubs, ABC is double-airing the episodes to burn through their existing runs.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Better off Ted  
Jump to: