Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:19:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NHL Playoffs '09 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NHL Playoffs '09  (Read 115315 times)
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #560 on: June 12, 2009, 08:38:24 PM

LORD STANLEY LORD STANLEY GIVE ME THE BRANDY!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 12:46:13 AM by naum »

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #561 on: June 12, 2009, 08:40:51 PM

Stay Classy, Detroit.  awesome, for real

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #562 on: June 12, 2009, 08:46:09 PM

Brilliant strategy by Bylsma. All out defense in their zone and then breakout on the pinch by Detroit. Babcock pulled the D men back and the Wings couldn't seem to adjust.

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #563 on: June 12, 2009, 09:03:00 PM

Absolutely incredible save by Fleury at the end.

Detroit fans booing was..... heh. Wow.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #564 on: June 12, 2009, 09:06:54 PM

I wonder if nobody will sign Hossa now.

What a bad luck charm.

Enjoy the bitter, bitter taste, asshole!

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #565 on: June 12, 2009, 10:15:42 PM

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #566 on: June 12, 2009, 10:46:58 PM

Heh, wow.
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #567 on: June 13, 2009, 12:51:14 AM

fsck me for all the negative rants on fleury… …i take it all back, but better, nobody can now take away his cup inscription…

talbot always been one of my favorite pens, what a game #7 performance…

officiating again was dreadful, but it was near equal in its misapplication and atrocious calls for game #7…

red wings have nothing to hang their head over, it was a post and/or a brilliant save away from going to OT…

Big save by Fleury! And it is, that's it! The Pittsburgh Penguins have won the Stanley Cup, and Lord Stanley, scratch their names on your fabled Cup!

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #568 on: June 13, 2009, 02:54:14 AM

That last save was pure willpower. Cup saving too probably, I don't think the Pens would've come out in OT.

Also Hossa  awesome, for real

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #569 on: June 13, 2009, 04:08:17 AM

Yeah, that was basically the conversation here. Cup winning save. Seriously doubt Pittsburgh would have won in OT. Especially without Crosby.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #570 on: June 13, 2009, 04:37:44 AM

Sup, guyz.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Special J
Terracotta Army

Reply #571 on: June 13, 2009, 09:29:54 AM

It was a great final.  I glad for the Pens.

Now can we please for the love of God stop whimpering about refs?  The series was won and lost by the players.

Now for the draft and figuring out which direction to aim the Dany Heatley cannon.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 09:48:36 AM by Special J »
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #572 on: June 13, 2009, 09:47:53 AM

A cup-winning save indeed. I was surrounded by drunk pens fans the remainder of last night.

Congrats, Pens fans, your boys earned it. You, however didn't.

"High flying hockey vs, hook and hold"? Surely you fucking jest. As for Hossa, there's always next year.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #573 on: June 13, 2009, 11:51:51 AM

Sup, guyz.

The Little Ceasars sign really ads that classy touch.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #574 on: June 13, 2009, 12:21:35 PM

A cup-winning save indeed. I was surrounded by drunk pens fans the remainder of last night.

"High flying hockey vs, hook and hold"? Surely you fucking jest. As for Hossa, there's always next year.

Rofl.

Your tears are so sweet.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #575 on: June 13, 2009, 02:02:17 PM

Two things:

1) Get that Little Ceasar's shit out of that photo or I'm not buying it. Lul. So intentional.

2) Draper crying his eyes out and saying that Crosby was late for the handshakes. Get the fuck out. I can see where your fans picked it up. Guy was being mugged by 4,000 reporters and trying to give them all some time. Christ, CBC was pulling Penguins aside as the CUP WAS COMING OUT. Reporters are classless and want their soundbites and interviews, and Crosby always tries to accommodate. Do you honestly think he MEANT to be late to the lineup? GTFO and accept the loss.

Boo hoo, he was late in the lineup. IMO, give us the cup. That'll show him.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #576 on: June 13, 2009, 02:56:45 PM

Even in the end, thought DET might pull it out. Fleury made the saves he had to make, even though DET dominated the 3rd and probably most of the game.

Yeah, Fleury was damn good down the stretch. He made the saves when he had to and the Pens just plain played better for most of the game. Good on them.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #577 on: June 13, 2009, 03:08:12 PM

Rofl.

Your tears are so sweet.

No tears, cheese dick. Just truth. You want high flying vs hook and hold, look at the Yzerman era wings or the Lemieux era pens vs the devils and the avs in the mid 90s. That was then, This is now. Everyone hooks. Everyone holds, your bitches just happened to win this year. the true test is whether they'll be able to pull it off again. Odds are, they won't.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #578 on: June 13, 2009, 03:18:47 PM

the true test is whether they'll be able to pull it off again. Odds are, they won't.

O rly?  Seems to me the Stanley series is tied 1-1 Detroit and Pittsburgh.

Have they issued a flood warning in Detroit?  Freakin' rivers of tears must be making the drive to work unbearable.

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #579 on: June 13, 2009, 03:25:39 PM

God, you burgers are such clueless bitches.

Call me when Crosby and Malkin have as many rings as Lidstrom.

cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #580 on: June 13, 2009, 04:09:34 PM

I'm sure Oilers, Habs, and Leafs fans tell themselves the same thing to justify not bringing home the trophy this year, too.

Also, in the last 20 (okay, well 19) years, Wings have 4 cups and Pens have 3.  You'd have to go back to the 1950s to start adding more Detroit cups.

I'm not sure how your argument holds up.

But I still don't have a clue about hockey, do I?

Disappointed Wings fans might be worse than Florida Gator football fans when they lose.

Strazos

Reply #581 on: June 13, 2009, 06:00:39 PM

I thought it was sort of Ironic that Lidstrom had the last chance to tie it.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #582 on: June 13, 2009, 06:11:30 PM

I'm sure Oilers, Habs, and Leafs fans tell themselves the same thing to justify not bringing home the trophy this year, too.

The Habs have a decent case in that regard. They haven't gone *that* long without a cup and they totally have way more then everyone else.

Leafs though...   why so serious?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #583 on: June 13, 2009, 10:38:24 PM

Detroit deserved to lose that game. Didn't seem to be hungry.

Osgood gave Maxine like 2 foot of net on the far side on that 2 on 1. I could see if he would have cheated towards the other guy some, but he was just horribly outta position.

Overall, I was glad to see it at least come down to the wire. It was straight up depressing before that.

And seriously, you guys still crying about the calls... I think we are watching two different series' or something.

One nice thing about being a Wings fan, there is always next year and a chance at another cup. Cya next year in the 09-10 Playoffs thread :)

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #584 on: June 14, 2009, 03:15:16 AM

God, you burgers are such clueless bitches.

Call me when Crosby and Malkin have as many rings as Lidstrom.

Why so surly? why so serious?

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #585 on: June 14, 2009, 11:08:34 AM

Well played Az, well played.  awesome, for real

As for you, cmlancas, you don't have a clue, but keep telling yourself you do and that my argument is about
sour grapes since that seems to make you feel better about your cover boy team.

cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #586 on: June 14, 2009, 12:16:12 PM

As for you, cmlancas, you don't have a clue, but keep telling yourself you do and that my argument is about
sour grapes since that seems to make you feel better about your cover boy team.

rolleyes

Yeah, we sucked this year.  The cover boy comment is silly -- St. Louis, Lecavalier, and Malone are all great players, but they aren't the reason TB didn't win.  TB didn't win because their D was freakin' swiss cheese.  They were calling up every D-man they had from Norfolk just to try to fill the injury gaps.  Mike Smith had an amazing season last year, but his stats don't show it because the D playing in front of him sucked. 

That being said, you have to give credit where credit's due.  The whole, "let's see if they can do it again next year" was retarded -- Detroit couldn't do it, so why ask if Pittsburgh could do it?  Shit, I picked Detroit to win the cup (in five no less) -- I thought they were the better team.  However, Pittsburgh showed me they were the better team this year.

Strazos

Reply #587 on: June 14, 2009, 12:19:33 PM

Even if you thought DET was the better team, even if they ARE the better team....Hockey is funny sometimes, and the better team doesn't always win.

Fear the Backstab!
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #588 on: June 15, 2009, 04:43:39 AM

Tampa needs to trade Lecavalier and St. Louis for some HoT DraFt Pickz. You'd be the new Pittsburgh/Chicago/Washington in a few years.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Stewie
Terracotta Army

Reply #589 on: June 15, 2009, 07:11:42 AM

Just wanted to say Gratz to Azaroth on the pool win and excellent overall ranking.

Professional Forum Lurker.
Special J
Terracotta Army

Reply #590 on: June 15, 2009, 07:59:30 AM

Tampa needs to trade Lecavalier and St. Louis for some HoT DraFt Pickz. You'd be the new Pittsburgh/Chicago/Washington in a few years.

NO!  St. Louis would be much served getting Dany Heatley.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Or tell you what, cmlancas.  We'll take that stiff Stamkos off your hands in return for a star forward to play with Lecavalier.  why so serious?
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #591 on: June 15, 2009, 01:06:37 PM

By the the way, the Red Wings need to shut the fuck up about this "snub" shit. Talk about being sore fucking losers.

You dudes rushed the handshakes while the Penguins were celebrating. I understand you want off the ice, but try being gracious losers and sitting your fucking asses there like Pittsburgh did last year for you guys. Now you try to sully the first cup for these kids with a bunch of bullshit like this?

Seriously. Get over yourselves, idiots.

(If you haven't seen - it's not just Draper anymore, Zetterberg came out talking shit today and Lidstrom made a comment. IMHO, Lidstrom's only comment should have been congratulate Pittsburgh, regardless of how he felt about the situation.)

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #592 on: July 02, 2009, 12:21:24 PM

So yeah, Marian Hossa signs a 12-year contract? WTF? He's decent, but is any player worth giving 12 years too, especially one who is already in his mid-20's? Does anyone think he has 12 years left?

naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #593 on: July 02, 2009, 02:09:22 PM

So yeah, Marian Hossa signs a 12-year contract? WTF? He's decent, but is any player worth giving 12 years too, especially one who is already in his mid-20's? Does anyone think he has 12 years left?

Actually, he's 30.

There must be some stipulations in there for Hawks to opt out if he's a bust.

And that kind of straps them on the "paying the goalie" portion of team management. But that didn't stop Flyers from nabbing Chris Pronger and not addressing their goaltending needs…

Mandrel
Terracotta Army

Reply #594 on: July 02, 2009, 02:56:46 PM

It's a dodge of the salary cap.  Their cap hit is only what the average of the contract is, even if they pay him say, 8 million a year for the first few seasons.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NHL Playoffs '09  
Jump to: