Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:02:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NHL Playoffs '09 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NHL Playoffs '09  (Read 116335 times)
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #490 on: June 06, 2009, 02:33:55 PM

I wonder if it'll get to the point where I'm watching RDS.

Lawl.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #491 on: June 06, 2009, 07:25:16 PM

This thing is a bloodbath.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #492 on: June 06, 2009, 07:42:34 PM

Top shelf! Where gramma keeps the cookies!

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #493 on: June 06, 2009, 07:43:49 PM

I'm curious as to what happens if you give the Stanley Cup Champions 17 straight powerplays.

Oh wait, no I'm not. As such, I didn't need to see this.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #494 on: June 06, 2009, 07:47:06 PM

I'm curious as to why slashing and punching Red Wings results in penalties?

Haven't been penalties when you do it to the guys in the other jerseys all series. Kinda chapping my ass, but whatever. Refs called this game.

Whether the penalties were legit or not, they haven't been called the other way. This game, or all series.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #495 on: June 06, 2009, 07:53:50 PM

heh stepped out to pick up food for party tonight and missed all of 2nd until there was just a few minutes left and pens with garon in net facing 5v3 down 5-0...

WTF happened?

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #496 on: June 06, 2009, 07:55:25 PM

Step 1: Pens dominate first ten minutes of first period.

Step 2: About 10 straight powerplays for Detroit.

Step 3: Detroit enjoys cup.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #497 on: June 06, 2009, 07:58:56 PM

Funny thing is that, technically, Detroit had 4 powerplays and Pittsburgh had 1 last game. The last one was meaningless and the second was nullified 3 seconds in, etc. Pittsburgh had one actual powerplay.

Now, Detroit straight up gets the game called for them. Anything they do in the game, completely ignored by the refs (including a straight butt-end to Staal's face off a faceoff.. but it's nothing new, the Red Wings elbow off of every faceoff).

This is after Detroit had the "let 'em play" shit going in their favour, hooking and holding and slashing and elbowing and whatnot.

Pittsburgh fans have a legitimate beef with the reffing at this point. I don't give a fuck what Detroit fan says otherwise.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
fuser
Terracotta Army

Reply #498 on: June 06, 2009, 08:02:07 PM

This second period has been so crazy and not in a good way...
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #499 on: June 06, 2009, 08:05:30 PM

I do totally blame the Penguins for the game being 5-0 and not 3-0, though.

Once you see that the refs intend to call EVERY SINGLE THING against you and let EVERYTHING the other team does go, you can't start acting like bitches and go out all frustrated and do some slashing.

They're gonna call it. They've proven that. They'll keep calling it until it's 42-0.

Play hard. Lose. Have the coach go up on the podium and ask for referees who know how to a) call penalties and when they do, b) call penalties against both teams. Take the 10k fine, split it between the players and have a laugh. Fin.

Edit: Oh, and Fleury was fucking awful. Detroit was like 90% on the powerplay.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 08:07:32 PM by Azaroth »

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #500 on: June 06, 2009, 08:12:40 PM

FYI here come a few powerplays for the Penguins so the scoresheet doesn't look quite so bad.

Kinda like last game.

Kinda like every game in the NHL.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #501 on: June 06, 2009, 08:17:45 PM

I don't think what you want to happen is actually going to happen.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #502 on: June 06, 2009, 08:29:13 PM

Uh... Ya got some sand in yer vag there...

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #503 on: June 06, 2009, 08:38:46 PM

Satisfied with being handed a win on a silver platter, are you?

I'd be at least a little ashamed of winning with the powerplays 72-1 after how dirty Detroit has been this series. Fucking embarassing what these referees have done with this final.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #504 on: June 06, 2009, 08:44:11 PM

That's hockey. There's always going to be dirt and grit. If you can't stand that it could be decided factor, it's clearly the wrong sport for you. I'd suggest golf.
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #505 on: June 06, 2009, 08:48:19 PM

Sorry, what?

Did I complain about dirt and grit?

I complained that it was being called one way.

If you can't see that, I'd suggest a brand new white cane.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #506 on: June 06, 2009, 08:50:53 PM

I'd be at least a little ashamed of winning with the powerplays 72-1 after how dirty Detroit has been this series. Fucking embarassing what these referees have done with this final.

Datsyk owns you guys.

I wouldn't go so far as to say Pens dominated the first 10 mins, as they DIDN'T SCORE. They played well though. Once that adrenaline wore off, they once again were facing a better team.

Just face it man, Detroit made your guys look like a JV team tonight. My only bitch is that they kept 13 out there. His ass shoulda been on the bench after the 2nd.

Your Pens take stupid penalties and you blame the refs? You are watching a different game than I saw man, from your commentary anyway.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #507 on: June 06, 2009, 08:53:40 PM

You did complain about dirt. It's only being called one way when your team loses. That's every hockey game and, unfortunately, part of being a fan.

Either way, you were baiting Wings fans I believe, now it's your turn to be on the opposite end of that. Chin up! Maybe next year.
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #508 on: June 06, 2009, 08:56:41 PM

It's only being called one way when the penalties are 12-2....

As far as "You did complain about dirt.", check out the entire sentence.

Whatever. What can you do when the other team is on the powerplay the entire game?

Like I said. After how the series has been called and all of the crap the Wings are doing (-as well-), it's an absolute fucking disgrace to call a game for one team like that.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #509 on: June 06, 2009, 09:58:16 PM

Cry moar bitch

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #510 on: June 06, 2009, 10:33:41 PM

Penguins lack balls and heart. Malkin is a dirty player, Crosby is a cry baby that chokes in the clutch, and who even knows any other players on that dirtball squad.

Oh wait, i forgot the big guns... Hal Gill, and old man Guerin.

It's amazing Penguins have two wins.  It's the same story as last year, but with Hossa on the better team.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #511 on: June 06, 2009, 11:08:15 PM

"Cry moar bitch" and "sandy vaginalol" are such compelling counter arguments and insightful analysis into the game of hockey.

Retards.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #512 on: June 06, 2009, 11:19:51 PM

I think you are mistaking "insightful" with "horribly biased." I have zero dog in this fight, and I think you're off the reservation at times with your analysis of the reffing.

The Penguins only show up at home. That's the reality of the situation. Also, they can't mentally deal with any bad breaks on the ice. They have not looked like a Stanley Cup championship team at all, and frankly it would be embarrassing for them to win it right now. IF they can pull it together and stop worrying about all the other shit going on outside of simply putting the puck in the net and playing defense, then I'd be happy. As it stands, that's not the game we're watching at all.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #513 on: June 06, 2009, 11:33:08 PM

Ah, nobody can stop sucking the balls off of the last team who won. It's a symptom of a much larger disease.

Pens played great in the opening 10 minutes (whether they scored or not - you CAN actually dominate play without scoring. It's not basketball.), but then went completely off the rails and looked like shit. This had quite a lot to do with 400 penalties in a row an Fleury playing like trash. They got deflated.

Please don't mistake the fact that I'm complaining about the calls with the idea that I'm saying all of the calls were unjust. You can call 50 minor penalties a period on each team if you really want to. It's hockey. But it's also the playoffs. It's chippy as fuck out there.

They only called them on one team, and if you're disagreeing with that you're either balls crazy or someone who would come into a thread and make comments about sandy vaginas.

Also Datsyuk was a beast especially for having a broken foot/sprained ankle/whatever. They came out with no game plan for stopping him and that was stupid.

But you can't win hockey games when the other team is on a perpetual powerplay no matter what the fuck you do.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #514 on: June 06, 2009, 11:40:04 PM

True if you're killing time the entire game, you'll lose. Still, it always looks like mental breakdowns out there. I'm almost willing to blame the coaches for not getting their guys under control or mentally prepared for the adversity, but then again these are supposed to be professionals.

Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #515 on: June 06, 2009, 11:45:47 PM

Part of the problem was getting frustrated at 3-0 and starting to take shots at people. You know the refs are watching you at that point, and are going to watch you more closely the further out of hand the game gets.

Basically, they got themselves into a shit snowball hurling down shit creek without a shitpaddle by being undisciplined after the Wings were gifted a strong lead. You don't give up at 3-0 in the Stanley Cup Finals, but that's exactly what they did.

Still not defending the string of calls that got them there or any deeper. Just saying that there's a valid explanation for them, even if it's kind of a shitty one and there should have been calls the other way too. How many times is Jordan Staal going to get elbowed in the fucking face off of a draw before it's called? etc.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 12:03:13 AM by Azaroth »

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #516 on: June 07, 2009, 12:13:29 AM

Well, at least now you know what it feels like to have your team on the wrong end of some obviously one-sided refereeing.

Not a troll.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #517 on: June 07, 2009, 07:00:26 PM

The penalties have gone either way in the playoffs, this thread is a testament to that. That being said, Pitts didn't stick around for the last game. They checked out early and that was a big part in their loss.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #518 on: June 09, 2009, 08:43:57 AM

Soooo.....Big game tonight, any predictions?

4-3 Wings (in OT?)

naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #519 on: June 09, 2009, 12:00:21 PM

The penalties have gone either way in the playoffs, this thread is a testament to that. That being said, Pitts didn't stick around for the last game. They checked out early and that was a big part in their loss.

Kind of hard to blame the officials when you lose 5-0…

I hope Fleury shakes it off and delivers a better performance tonight. Otherwise, it's curtains for the Pens and again will be treated to the ignominy of the visiting squad prancing around with Lord Stanley's Cup in their home igloo…

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #520 on: June 09, 2009, 12:24:38 PM

I think the Pens win tonight 3-1, and take it to the 7th game.

Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #521 on: June 09, 2009, 06:36:57 PM

Wow, Guerin with the 10/10.

I think the Zetterberg penalty was legit, though. He took the chance of being shoved a bit to into Fleury. He figured he could go in there because it wouldn't get called - which is precisely why it should be.

Needs to be a goal here though, because Detroit is going to get an evenup call soon.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #522 on: June 09, 2009, 07:07:01 PM

HEEEEEEEEEEE SHOOTS & SCORES!!! BUY SAM A DRINK AND GET HIS DOG ONE, TOO!!!!

I could take or leave the Pens but I  Heart Mike Lange

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #523 on: June 09, 2009, 07:27:19 PM

Respect the legends, I always say. Forcing Lange out to radio in favour of that hack Steigerwald was a damn shame and an awful move by Fox.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #524 on: June 09, 2009, 07:37:23 PM

PING!

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NHL Playoffs '09  
Jump to: