Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:57:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Anyone still playing? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anyone still playing?  (Read 33836 times)
Kageru
Terracotta Army

on: April 06, 2009, 04:03:26 AM

... and willing to do invite a friend for me? If there is I'll PM my e-mail address since there's no point in multiple people doing it.

The end of Tabula Rasa and the three super-hero MMO's in development have made me think now's a good time to refresh some memories and see some zones I missed the first time.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Glazius
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 06:02:36 AM

I think I still have some free slots, yeah.

Architect is hitting this Wednesday apparently, and things are gonna get weird thereafter.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 06:13:58 AM

Sent a PM. MA sounds interesting in itself and will probably make a lively surge in activity.

- Simond
Glazius
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 08:01:59 AM

Sent a PM. MA sounds interesting in itself and will probably make a lively surge in activity.

Invite sent. You know  you have to pay for a month before you get the free time, right?
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 08:06:42 AM

There's a free trial at http://www.coh.com/trial.

stark
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009, 08:43:25 AM

Trial accounts won't be able to use the mission architect
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 03:19:08 PM

Thanks Glazius.

Yeah, I'll be resubbing for at least a month so I can see the MA and check out my dusty old characters. Thought I might as well get some free time and share it with someone on F13.

- Simond
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: April 06, 2009, 04:49:45 PM

I resubbed recently as well, but all of my toons are on Pinnacle.  What servers are you all on?  Which side?

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #8 on: April 06, 2009, 04:51:13 PM

I'm on Virtue.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #9 on: April 06, 2009, 07:41:09 PM

Virtue as well.

The f13 global channel, Batnet, is a lonely place. smiley

Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: April 06, 2009, 08:33:17 PM

Justice I think... game is taking it's sweet time with patching.

- Simond
Glazius
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: April 07, 2009, 07:02:11 AM

These days I'm on test.

Once it goes live I'll swap between Champion and Triumph.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: April 07, 2009, 07:11:27 AM

You guys play primarily villains or both.  I prefer the hero side, but I think that's because of the context rather than the story quality.  In many ways I think they did a better job creating atmosphere and story on the villain side. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #13 on: April 07, 2009, 07:24:13 AM

The vast majority of my characters are Heroes but I've been playing Villains more recently (just dinged my first two level 50 Villians last week).
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: April 08, 2009, 12:04:06 AM

Turns out I had moved my attention to freedom before I let my sub lapse... Talk about overload when I first logged in. It's all so familiar but I can't remember how it all worked  awesome, for real

- Simond
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #15 on: April 21, 2009, 06:17:56 AM

Righ and I have started up again.  Hopefully it'll last me more than a week or so this time.  I keep coming back, but I get de-motivated really quick the last couple of times.  I think I'll try a villain with a shield this time.  Villains still on Virture, heroes still on Victory.

@Signe

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Valmorian
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: April 21, 2009, 07:28:56 AM

I've been meaning to try out their newly revamped PvP.. I wonder if it's any good?
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: April 21, 2009, 07:46:31 AM

No.  But it's less bad than it was.

Over and out.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #18 on: April 21, 2009, 08:12:58 AM

Current players can refer friends for 10 day trials. If anyone wants one... (but you can also get the trial from the other link).

Glazius
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: April 21, 2009, 08:44:44 AM

Or if you're reactivating an account you can get 15 free days as can the person who referred you back.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: April 21, 2009, 10:31:08 AM

Or if you're reactivating an account you can get 15 free days as can the person who referred you back.
You can refer existing accounts and you both get some free time?  Or the free days in that case are if they resubscribe?

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Glazius
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: April 21, 2009, 11:06:58 AM

You can refer existing accounts and you both get some free time?  Or the free days in that case are if they resubscribe?

You get a free month if somebody converts a trial into a paid subscription.

If somebody who's been inactive for... over 90 days, I think? re-ups their account, you each get 15 days free.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #22 on: April 22, 2009, 11:54:22 AM

Me and 2 of my friends decided today to give it a try. We will be Villains.

Any tips, or info or whatnot?

What server should we play on. We like PVP.
Glazius
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: April 22, 2009, 08:53:52 PM

Any tips, or info or whatnot?

What server should we play on. We like PVP.

I can't help you with PVP, sorry, other than to say you probably won't get a lot of it on any server. At least for now everyone's disappeared into the Mission Architect. Freedom and Virtue are the highest-traffic servers, but be warned the latter is the unofficial RP one.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #24 on: April 22, 2009, 09:15:57 PM

I only pretend to rp.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: April 23, 2009, 05:51:56 AM

I'm playing on Freedom and Justice (apparently the unofficial aussie server). Any game that lets me make a cute anime styled Japanese schoolgirl with an assault rifle who gets damage buffs when her team-mates die can't be all bad. Also duel swords is so damn pretty. It's not actually that great as a power, but its too much fun especially with the new willpower (low key) defensive power.

- Simond
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #26 on: April 23, 2009, 06:32:29 AM

When you get your Dual Sword combos going it improves the set. Plus it looks good.

Glazius
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: April 23, 2009, 06:40:03 AM

When you get your Dual Sword combos going it improves the set. Plus it looks good.

Yeah, after you get One Thousand Cuts you can chain a pretty nasty combo together for knockdown.

OTC (knockdown in the cone) -> Power Slice -> Typhoon's Edge (activates Sweep, for AoE damage + knockdown)  -> Ablating Stirke -> Vengeful Strike (one target knockdown) -> Sweeping Strike (activates Attack Vitals, cone DoT), and then you can go back and do it all again.

Earlier combos are pretty nice too, but the final ones are great.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: April 23, 2009, 07:25:33 AM

Dual blade combo's on youtube for anyone interested. Broadsword and shield, katana, the duel pistols on the thugs mastermind all look good too. Being able to change the weapons so you could dump the default assault rifle for something much cooler looking really made it possible for me to consider playing with that powerset.

Of course I wish they'd quit with patching MA bugs every night so I could actually be playing  undecided

- Simond
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #29 on: April 23, 2009, 09:12:56 AM

Of course I wish they'd quit with patching MA bugs every night so I could actually be playing  undecided

Agreed.

Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #30 on: April 23, 2009, 09:32:04 AM

Ok, so I understand restrictions on trial accounts like not being able to send tells, or trade or use the AH to stop gold sellers and farmers. But not being able to start a group? Thats fucking stupid.

So there we are the 3 of us with trial accounts not able to group up for what is probably the best part of the game, group missions. Thats so fucking stupid its beyond belief. I think my two friends will probably not give the game a second chance because of that. Which is sad really.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: April 23, 2009, 09:53:00 AM

Can you have someone create the group and add your friends and then drop the group?  I'd be willing to create a character and make a group so you guys can play together. 

-  Mark Twain
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #32 on: April 23, 2009, 10:00:41 AM

Can you have someone create the group and add your friends and then drop the group?  I'd be willing to create a character and make a group so you guys can play together. 

Probably, but its a huge fucking hassle, and a needless cockblock. I honestly cant understand why they would do that.
Glazius
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: April 23, 2009, 06:07:39 PM

Probably, but its a huge fucking hassle, and a needless cockblock. I honestly cant understand why they would do that.

Step 1: team invite.
Step 2: HAY GUYS GO TO WESTEALYOURCREDITCARDS.COM ITZ FAKE MONEY FOR CHEAPZ

Repeat until banned.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #34 on: April 23, 2009, 07:09:28 PM

Because Paragon Studios over-reacted when the spammers came in after I8 and set up some stupidly restrictive things surrounding trial accounts. I did my best on the forums to argue against it at the time, but it has stayed in place.

The counter argument is "Why should you get to be able to play on a team for free? Just get someone else to form the team and then join it. Not that you can communicate with others that easily, or that other players will actually listen to you or help you". Anyway, yes, it's a retarded decision for a game that is 5 years old next week and really needs to see a large influx of new players.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Anyone still playing?  
Jump to: