Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:32:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Mythic Reveals PVP Token System 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mythic Reveals PVP Token System  (Read 38587 times)
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: April 09, 2009, 06:33:41 AM

Dude in my guild is checking the system out. Likes it but you have to loot the corpse... hahahahaha. Yeah, you have time for corpse looting when war is everywhere. Even still, he got about a quarter of the way to a piece of badass gear in one siege just doing normal PvP which isn't too shabby.

He also claims little to no casting lag finally and balance fixes re: ranged dps that actually work.

Of course my free ten days runs out on Saturday so I won't see it.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: April 09, 2009, 07:49:44 AM

Dude in my guild is checking the system out. Likes it but you have to loot the corpse... hahahahaha. Yeah, you have time for corpse looting when war is everywhere.

You have to loot the corpses already, thats the only way to get the boots for every single pvp set so no corpse goes unlooted anyways.

I am the .00000001428%
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: April 09, 2009, 08:14:46 AM

I know but it just feels odd to me.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: April 09, 2009, 08:16:12 AM

Loot should still be automatic.  I'm still pissed about losing the gold bag due to dying before being able to reach the chest. ><

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #39 on: April 09, 2009, 08:17:57 AM

You can loot the chest from any range.

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: April 09, 2009, 10:16:22 AM

Most people dont seem to know this and everyone crowds around the chest making it hard to loot from a distance.

I am the .00000001428%
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: April 09, 2009, 11:51:18 AM

How?  Since I died I was nowhere near it, and no one in our full warband knew it either.  Not that it really matters now, but you've made me curious.

Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #42 on: April 09, 2009, 11:58:46 AM

Just click on it. There's no range check. If you can see the chest, you can loot it.

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #43 on: April 09, 2009, 12:09:13 PM

She couldn't see the chest at the time, because she DIED and was at the war camp, while the chest was in the keep. Just like what happened to me.

Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #44 on: April 09, 2009, 12:16:06 PM

She mentioned no keeps. But yes, if they let you click on that awful rolling dice screen, might as well let you loot from there.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: April 09, 2009, 03:42:05 PM

I was in some instance in the Dwarf lands, but yes.  Essentially that was the problem.  We had to fight through respawns with two minutes to get to a place that was a three minute run unmolested.

Oh, and it was the only loot I won (besides a green bag [or blue -- whatever the junk bag is] on the last one) out of six or seven PQs despite contributing first or second for every one of them, so it was a bigger "fuck you" to the night. 
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 03:44:24 PM by Lantyssa »

amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: April 10, 2009, 12:40:34 PM

Starting to notice a trend. 

Seems like whenever Mythic does some things right or better than they have managed in the past, it seems eerily scary that the moves they do/did take them one step closer to resembling WoW, or something in it.  And people applaud it without even realizing what they just did. swamp poop

Hey chucklefuck:  If they had designed a game that was exactly the same mechanics as WoW and instead of a PvE endgame had an engaging PvP endgame they would be drowning in a see of cash right now instead of taking the gyrocopter to failtown.
GoodIdea
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: April 13, 2009, 07:51:18 AM

So we're back to WOW, eh?  Grind PVE content for tokens.............sounds great. 

Seriously, if they were going to put all this PvE in why not make it less shitty?

No, you get tokens from PVP.

In the next patch, there is absolutely not reason to PVE at all.

GoodIdea
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: April 13, 2009, 07:57:57 AM

I think the token system will be great and it's too bad they didn't have it there in the first place.

Every MMO is a grind of some sort, the WAR grind for RR is fun. If open rvr isn't fun, play another game. Doing open RVR for RR, I'm on my third RR 40+ character, so it isn't that hard (and I'm a casual player) and it's lots of fun doing it, so you don't even think about it. Conqueror gear only needs RR 40 and TBH for most classes it's all you need.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Mythic Reveals PVP Token System  
Jump to: