Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:16:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: So I'm resubbing 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So I'm resubbing  (Read 86024 times)
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #70 on: August 15, 2009, 08:40:57 PM

The client and EQ2maps are the only ones I use. 

I resubbed a few weeks back, went from 44 to 56.  In the middle of the Peacock Club sequence but it's getting harder to solo.  Thinking of heading to Tenebrous and/or Island of Mara as the solo timelines say. 
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #71 on: August 15, 2009, 10:28:05 PM

I only use EQ2 Map. There used to be a POI plugin, not sure if it's necessary any more.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: August 15, 2009, 10:45:32 PM

If you're a healer, ProfitUI is nearly essential. It has a full cure readout for the entire raid and for me as a mystic, it shows much much is left on my wards which lets me time recasts. If you're not healing, well it's generally a nice UI, but you don't need it.

I run with that and EQ2maps.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: August 16, 2009, 10:00:45 AM

Yeah, I only run ProfitUI and EQ2 maps, that's pretty much all you need, IMO.

Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: August 17, 2009, 09:46:34 AM

SOE should just hire the guy who made ProfitUI.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: August 17, 2009, 10:05:18 AM

And the guy doing EQ2 Map.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: October 18, 2009, 06:28:51 PM

RISE FROM THE DEAD!

Thinking about resubbing; I quit before TSO came out. What's new besides the 200 AA cap (and new tree)?

Are there any details on the forthcoming expansion?

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: October 27, 2009, 12:29:21 PM

Next expansion will be Odus,called Sentinel's Fate, and is due for release spring next year. It will also have New Halas patched in as free content simultaneously.

Short form of recent changes:
A lot of small improvements and cockblock removal (improved chances for named to spawn instead of placeholders, etc).
Aggro meter added to UI.
Spell lines tiers are now a lot clearer (Spell Name I -> II -> III etc rather than similar but different names, and the old "Apprentice I - IV, Adept I - III, Master I - II" is now "Apprentice, Journeyman, Adept, Expert, Master, Grandmaster".
Research Assistant NPCs added to, well, research (improve) spells for PC. (i.e. upgrading an Adept to Expert spell)
Self-mentoring added.
A bunch of nodrop stuff changed to Heirloom (i.e. Bind To Account).
Lavastorm revamped, including a quest line that ends up with a faction vendor that sells a living magma war-rhino.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Shadows can now be run on the GPU of a videocard rather than hogging the CPU.
All houses gained a free room and improved item counts.
Old Achievements are now AAs, and an AA slider has been added ("Send z% of my xp to AA bar" so you can leave combat xp on and send it all to the AA bar instead of locking it, for example).
WoW/X-box style Achievements added.
Guild halls added (may have been before you quit, possibly).
Multicore support added (as above).

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: October 27, 2009, 01:05:34 PM

Ooo, I missed the AA slider! Kinda cheapens AA, but eh.

Lavastorm also has some quest vanity plate that looks wicked on my wizard when he has his fire aura going, avatar of Ro!
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #79 on: February 16, 2010, 03:32:59 PM

arise?  I'm thinking of heading back for the 3rd or 4th time.  Stupid dabbler questions:

1) how easy to level?
2) how much a CPU hog is it?  Runs Ok on Win7?
3) is there any hope of finding a group for lowbies? i.e. lvl20ish
4) is there a henchmen system or something to help with group-only quests? (I remember there were a lot)
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: February 16, 2010, 04:13:51 PM

1) how easy to level?

Very

2) how much a CPU hog is it?  Runs Ok on Win7?

It's a terror on CPU but they have moved some things to the GPU and it supports a second core. Runs great under Win 7.

3) is there any hope of finding a group for lowbies? i.e. lvl20ish

Groups begin at 80.

4) is there a henchmen system or something to help with group-only quests? (I remember there were a lot)

Higher ups can mentor you, no NPC henchcritters, but they did a lot of redesign and its easy to solo level through quests.

Redgiant
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: February 17, 2010, 11:13:14 AM

Come to Antonius Bayle server, and join The Grubs guild: http://www.thegrubs.com

Falwell here on f13 is the GL.

A bnuch of their regulars transferred here a few months ago in preparation for the new expansion. And a few like me rerrolled new characters. I got to 80 in a month solo, with a few guild HQ runs along the way. You won't notice or need a group until 80, quest content is more than enough and of course they make it much easier and streamlined to solo the more they pile on the xpacs and level max (now 90 with he new SF expansion).

Some guys in the guild who know the ropes and have the RAF (refer a friend) bouns xp as well, went from 1-80 in like a few days.

There's a lot of people on, 8 instances of the xpac starting zone are up right now.

A FUCKING COMPANY IS AT STEAK
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: February 17, 2010, 11:23:39 AM

I got to 80 in a month solo, with a few guild HQ runs along the way. You won't notice or need a group until 80
awesome, for real
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: February 17, 2010, 12:34:32 PM

Damn, I've played on and off for years and don't have anything near 80. 

I need more free time and fewer collection quests. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: February 17, 2010, 02:00:42 PM

I got my wizard to 75 last year :) 80 is overrated imo, game is over at that point  why so serious?
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: February 17, 2010, 11:47:26 PM

Even after playing since November 2007 on Antonia Bayle (not Antonius), I still have only one level 80 char (well, she's 81 now with the xpack).  My next highest char is only 70 and that was achieved recently (like back in January).  After that is a pair of level 40 alts.  I much prefer not leveling like a madman and missing out on lots of fun stuff along the way.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: February 18, 2010, 08:02:26 AM

I could never get passed level 20!  The graphics, sounds, animations etc etc just don't appeal to me at all and end up irritating me.  Maybe it is the game's font too.  I duno.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: February 18, 2010, 08:23:55 AM

I like the graphics but moving to 1080p I probably crippled myself for shadows again :(

Forgot to cancel LotRO so it took $30 out of my mmo account, so basically no more mmo this season (since LotRO is pretty boring to me). Boo.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: February 18, 2010, 08:28:06 AM

Forgot to cancel LotRO so it took $30 out of my mmo account, so basically no more mmo this season (since LotRO is pretty boring to me). Boo.

Damn!  I was hoping to maybe play a little EQ2 with you this spring. 

I too left LotRO.  I like what it wants to do, but the game just lacks any kind of flair.  The world is pretty but the pacing seems oddly off.  I just don't feel any sense of urgency when I quest or am in combat.  I can't really explain it. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: February 18, 2010, 10:04:08 AM

I think they moved the shadows to the GPU, so they should be a lot more tolerable.

Soln
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: February 18, 2010, 12:29:25 PM

thanks folks I'll definitely think about this.  I too need a break from LotRO.  My biggest gripe about EQ2 was always technical, so here's hoping it's smoother.
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: February 18, 2010, 01:38:25 PM

I resubbed for the expansion, after missing the last couple.  Never managed to get a character past 30.  We'll see if it goes any better this time around or not, but my ADD tends to get the better of me with this game.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: February 18, 2010, 01:57:21 PM

Only reason I got my wizard to 75 is I got tired of not having money for dicking around with crafting :) My "main" is 45 or 46 (my SK). I just (rightly) figured the wiz would be easier to level pump (still mostly questing and exploring, because I can't help but play my way) without needing armor and weapon upgrades constantly, spell upgrades were much less painful imo.
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: February 18, 2010, 02:12:29 PM

Yeah, crafting + collections + exploring + AA's tend to get the better of me with this game.  That and rolling alts.  AO has the same effect on me.  Seems like I always get mired in an overly long early level process in those two games.  I've already set my AA xp to 100% at level 10.  Oops.
Redgiant
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: February 18, 2010, 02:59:06 PM

I"m defintely more of a 'take your time' type too. I was just saying that if you want to get to the level where groups are easy to come by (80+), you can without grouping on the way up (not because you don't like to group, but cbecause you cannot depend on others being available/wanting to group).

And it can take you anywhere from a week (if you have no life and play all the time and know all the tricks and have Refer A Friend or any other bonus xp), or months if you take your time.

When I went from 1-80 on my Illusionist, I soloed everything, did quests (I never really grinded any mobs except for when a quest needed  me to), and did some HQs and group stuff with guildies mainly to get enough guild status points for guild level 30 (for guild hall reasons).

I bought EQ2 when it came out, and quickly found that (a) it was unplayable due to lag, and (b) for someone who came from EQ1 and the expectations, it did not measure up. So I quit years ago, only to return a few nonths ago as practically a total noob. I had no idea what had happened to the game, zones added, dungeon names or levels, what 'shards' are for and why they are screaming for groups for them in the 70-80 chat channel, what an 'HQ' or 'Writ' is, etc.

EQ2 today seems like a far, far cry from the mess it was in the first year that I recall. Lots more content, at all levels. LIke I said, I leveled up on quests at all times, never a shortage. And the move to re-introduce (in a re-imagined way, I might add for anyone from EQ1), most of the old zones and continents: Kunark, Faydwer, Plane of Sky, Ro Deserts, LoY/Gunthak areas, and with the new expansion you get Erudin (The Hole, Paineel, Kerra Isle, etc) back. Halas is coming in a future GU update I hear.

Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: February 18, 2010, 03:13:25 PM

For leveling, EQ2 isn't on rails the same way that WoW is, but those same rails are there just under the dust and if you get a solid guide to them and follow the dots on eq2maps, you can level in the same fast efficient way. Even more if you have something with invisibility/stealth and speed--my dirge leveled like crazy through guided quest grinding even though they're generally considered sub-par as soloists.

I don't know why anyone would want to do it that way if you didn't have a raid guild waiting at the end. But if you want to, the option is definitely there. I'd say faster than WoW.

Soln
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: February 18, 2010, 04:21:20 PM

I really really hated the chained-grouped mobs.  My swashie was always getting owned by 2xwhites or a hord of greys.  If the money/time curve is reasonable from 20->50 let's say, I'll be happy. 
Soln
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: February 18, 2010, 05:09:59 PM

their deal is amazing: $20 and 2 free months will all expansions
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: February 18, 2010, 05:11:53 PM

They pretty significantly upped the leveling time a while back if you're specifically after raw leveling speed. They very specifically addressed the level range you're talking about with something they're calling the golden path, which basically helps guide your progression.

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=470776
http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=470271

There were more details somewhere, but it currently leads up to like level 30 or 40.  I can't remember for sure, and I'm too lazy to go digging through the eq2 forums for it right now.  It applies to the newer leveling areas though, leading from kelethin, neriak, and whatever the kunark area was called.

Also, if you're starting a new account, make sure you get a referral for some pretty large bonuses, and if not, don't forget you have xp potions as a veteran reward.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 05:17:47 PM by Ard »
Soln
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: February 18, 2010, 09:24:13 PM

I have literally spent the last 1.5 hrs installing and trying to get this mother fucking Station Launcher to work AND then to try and renew my sub.  I bought the Complete Collection as a box in the hope of a fast install.  The install went fine (I have nothing else on this Win7 box but MSOffice and LotRO) but the shortcuts give me a broken link to a dud launcher version.  Once I figured how to get around that (sweet out of the box experience) the fucking shitastic billing service keeps asking for CC's and then repeats.  You can see the cards in the handy "Payment Sources" but you can't fucking apply them to the game you want... Oh and don't try this in Safari.

"How the fuck can they stay in the business like this?"  prolly the same words I said in "12/13/04" when it seems I first registered

Edit: endless loop -- keeps asking for credit cards, keep entering them until I have to repeat them and then I get the message "card already on file".  Fucking clownshoes.  How the fuck do they let this go on

UPDATE: problem is my country on file is CDN but all my payment types are US.  You have to call SOE to get them to change the currency/country code.  Players can't.  They will need the CC# from your last purchases.  Fun stuff.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 11:50:44 AM by Soln »
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: February 19, 2010, 08:08:13 AM

I really really hated the chained-grouped mobs.  My swashie was always getting owned by 2xwhites or a hord of greys.  If the money/time curve is reasonable from 20->50 let's say, I'll be happy. 
That's one of my least favorite things about the game. Even if you can build a good character that can handle heroic mobs, linking them together makes it almost impossible. I use the Wailing Caves as a testbed. Only my monk can pwn that place, because he can FD between mobs. Pick off the minor mobs then take out the named for the lewtz. Not to mention feign travelling, run through the dungeon training the hell out of the mobs and then FD to clear them all off; rinse and repeat.
Redgiant
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: February 22, 2010, 06:22:40 PM

For leveling, EQ2 isn't on rails the same way that WoW is, but those same rails are there just under the dust and if you get a solid guide to them and follow the dots on eq2maps, you can level in the same fast efficient way. Even more if you have something with invisibility/stealth and speed--my dirge leveled like crazy through guided quest grinding even though they're generally considered sub-par as soloists.

I don't know why anyone would want to do it that way if you didn't have a raid guild waiting at the end. But if you want to, the option is definitely there. I'd say faster than WoW.

Yes, WoW > EQ2 now >>> EQ2 when launched, as far as leveling, content completeness and ability to solo or group at your discretion.

Redgiant
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: February 23, 2010, 11:13:16 AM

Comments about lack of quest coverage to 90.

Moved: http://forums.f13.net/index.php?topic=18813.0
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 11:15:46 AM by Redgiant »

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #103 on: June 11, 2010, 10:29:39 AM

If anyone is playing and is in Bat Country on Oasis, could you invite my character named Twee?  I don't know how long I'll be playing, but I might as well be in the guild while I do.  I promise not to mock you too much for inviting a character with a naff name like Twee.  I think pretty much all my other characters are in it unless Sky has booted me for something I've forgotten I've said or some lie I've accidentally made up about  him. 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #104 on: June 11, 2010, 11:22:01 AM

Lt Dan did it.

Just kidding - I haven't booted anyone. I'd invite you but I haven't been subbed for months now. Everyone else has invite and promote privs, but I doubt anyone is playing and still in BC. Most people who played semi-regularly joined actual real guilds with benefits. I think that means sex.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: So I'm resubbing  
Jump to: