Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:00:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: So I'm resubbing 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So I'm resubbing  (Read 86004 times)
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #35 on: April 16, 2009, 08:23:32 AM

So far things are ok, relearning stuff and all that jazz.  Raped my previous characters - got a few plat to play with along with a ton of containers and whatnot.  Warden has been fun so far, we will see how things progress!  I had a heck of a time finding a good description on the classes.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #36 on: April 16, 2009, 09:20:34 AM

I've been playing my new Inq the last couple nights, he's a friggin' monster. Sliced through those undead healer ^^ heroics in Tim Deep when they were only one level below him, just using App1 spells (might have had one or two adepts from drops). Main thing is power management, he goes oom pretty quick jumping between nuking, debuffs and heals.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #37 on: April 16, 2009, 10:43:11 AM

Changed my mind on the rat thing - I  am gonna try an Ogre Warden.  I am still betraying; something about an Ogre in the good city just makes me smile!

Betraying just adds a layer of tedium to the whole thing. I don't get it.

I have never played WoW.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #38 on: April 16, 2009, 11:12:11 AM

Changed my mind on the rat thing - I  am gonna try an Ogre Warden.  I am still betraying; something about an Ogre in the good city just makes me smile!

Betraying just adds a layer of tedium to the whole thing. I don't get it.

I have issues.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: April 17, 2009, 06:28:41 AM

If you time it right you can grind xp on the orcs while you do the quest.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #40 on: April 17, 2009, 07:14:48 AM

If you don't know the trick to betrayal, betray to kelethin, use basic biodiversity quest to grind faction, cancel and retake until you get orcs, kill 3 20 seconds away on orc hill, rinse and repeat. Takes me about 45 minutes.

What level do I start this, and where does quest begin?

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: April 17, 2009, 07:58:15 AM

Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: April 17, 2009, 09:20:33 AM

You can start it almost anytime. I think the orcs are around level 10?

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #43 on: April 17, 2009, 04:06:29 PM

Started betrayal, its just as bad as previous version.  Basically I am doing quests from the dude in the Common lands, southern tower.  No idea where that quest you mention is located - spent a couple hours so far working it and still need 50k rep.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: April 17, 2009, 04:17:09 PM

That's a lot of grinding just to be a semi-special snowflake.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #45 on: April 17, 2009, 04:30:31 PM

That's a lot of grinding just to be a semi-special snowflake.

Was a big mistake.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: April 17, 2009, 04:36:12 PM

You know that ratonga brigand I have?  It was going to be a swash.  After a few runs I thought "screw this".  I understand man.  I do. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #47 on: April 17, 2009, 05:15:25 PM

Fun fact - you cannot share items when in middle of Betrayal.  :)  I am going to roll a Fairy for now until I figure out what to do with my other dude.

Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: April 17, 2009, 05:52:51 PM

The betrayal quest is in Kelethin, not Qeynos. It's under the kelethin betrayal timeline on the eqi wikia. You do a few quests to get set up then get your faction from an NPC at The Green Knoll.

Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: April 20, 2009, 12:27:05 PM

When I betrayed my High-Elf to Freeport I teamed up with a higher level Wizzie.  We would just round up all the orcs in an area and run in circles while nuking em down.

Betraying only took a couple of hours.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #50 on: April 20, 2009, 01:50:14 PM

When I betrayed my High-Elf to Freeport I teamed up with a higher level Wizzie.  We would just round up all the orcs in an area and run in circles while nuking em down.

I just want to reiterate that since race and city plays so little effect on your character, this seems like two hours that could have been spent getting 2-4 levels. That said, hooray for those of you who really want to play an Ogre Templar or some such.

I have never played WoW.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: April 20, 2009, 02:34:53 PM

This is why MMO's are messed up.  Two hours that could have been spent doing something both more fun and more interesting. 

-  Mark Twain
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: April 22, 2009, 08:10:41 AM

This is why MMO's are messed up.  Two hours that could have been spent doing something both more fun and more interesting. 

Agreed.  However, as far as MMO cockblocks go that one is pretty minor.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: April 22, 2009, 08:48:41 AM

As far as quests are concerned, I actually found the citizenship/betrayal quests one of the better lines in EQ2.

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #54 on: April 22, 2009, 11:06:50 AM

Doesn't betrayal offer AA xp as well? 
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: April 22, 2009, 12:15:05 PM

Pretty sure. And if you know you're going to do it, killing the orcs for the quest will bag you XP as well.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #56 on: April 23, 2009, 12:49:01 AM

I logged in back after more than 2 years of absence and found my berserker at 62. Took me very little to bring her at 64, I am impressed by that. Even more impressed by AAs and AA xp: I had 14 and by doing green quests I already got 6 more. And AAs are now meaningful. Back in the days, when they were introduced, they were annoyingly uselss. Now the STR path and 20 points spent on it made my berserker a crit machine. That is cool.

RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: April 23, 2009, 12:21:56 PM

You only had 14 AA at level 62?  Best suggestion to get more AA is to mentor way down and go on a named killing spree while picking up any quests you may have missed.  That should garner you a fair amount as well, plus add to the xp totals.

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #58 on: April 23, 2009, 01:39:27 PM

I am having a blast.  Finally settled on a rat/brigand.  New noob area completely pwns the old one; I actually began on the old one and ended up just running to the new one!  Lag seems to have automagically cleared up without me making any graphic changes.  No idea why, unless there was a sekret patch I missed.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #59 on: April 23, 2009, 01:44:09 PM

You only had 14 AA at

I was already 60 when they introduced AAs  awesome, for real

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #60 on: April 23, 2009, 06:41:41 PM

I am having a blast.  Finally settled on a rat/brigand.  New noob area completely pwns the old one; I actually began on the old one and ended up just running to the new one!  Lag seems to have automagically cleared up without me making any graphic changes.  No idea why, unless there was a sekret patch I missed.
They opened up extra core support a few months back, which put shadows and other processes on the other cores. 

The game plays smooth like butter now.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #61 on: April 23, 2009, 06:59:38 PM

Screwed around with crafting tonight - WOOT.  Takes a little bit to learn the basics, but it sure is fun.  Not sure if doing a second character would be as fun, would seem tedious.  BUT... first character is definitely worth keeping up with!

Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: April 24, 2009, 03:55:33 AM

They opened up extra core support a few months back, which put shadows and other processes on the other cores.

And Real Soon Now shadows are moving to the video card.

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #63 on: April 24, 2009, 04:43:07 AM

Also, I wub the market.  Christ, I made 30 gold in lik 5 minutes!

Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: April 24, 2009, 05:13:00 AM

Well someone is definitely making money from me. I'm chronically behind on my AA and I'm an MT shaman so I really need to get those upper level mystic AAs, so off to the market I go to buy up those collectible shinies.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: April 24, 2009, 05:18:40 AM

Ched,

Do the crafting quests.  They are timed and can be a fun way to both raise skill and play beat the clock.  If you're in a guild, they're even more helpful.

By the way, I hate you.  You're making me want to start playing again. 

-  Mark Twain
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: April 24, 2009, 06:16:05 AM

protip: fastest selling stuff on the market is plant food.

Just about everything I put up there will move eventually, but plant food always moves first. On Oasis, it goes for 1-5gp depending. I can always count on a steady 10-50gp or so if I'm out hunting with my wizard, and I used to just toss the stuff out!

My latest market has been the next-to-the-last wizard root. I was putting an Ad1 up and noticed there were no Ad3s. Priced the 1 at 1pp and whipped up a few 3s and marked 'em 5pp. They sell slow, but paying 1pp for the rare makes for a nice profit. I had one competitor last month, undercut war until it got down to 1p50s, I said "fuck it" and marked mine back to 5pp. The next day his was gone and I had sold one at 5pp. I had a nice laugh.

If I were more seriouser about it, I'd track what Ad3s were commanding solid prices and sit on them, but eh.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: April 24, 2009, 11:43:47 AM

Speaking of brokers, I was mildly annoyed at the Zam ad they were pushing through the launcher....but holy Zam upgrades. Searching the broker across servers? I searched for the Shackle I mentioned in the last post, the search looks borken, but I'd have to check in-game. I haven't logged into my wiz to see if mine's sold, but I was the only one with a single shackle up there last week.

Fake edit: yeah, there's a bug in there. Here's Cav's current store. Vith's looks ok. Other than both of them being sadly empty because I haven't adventured outside my alts in a couple weeks :)

I see my 5p is by far the highest across any server....maybe I don't like this new Zam!! Pay up, bitches, supply and demand!

Fake edit 2: Oooh, the item db is linked to the broker info! That's nifty!

Checking out their wiki, it's pretty slow. But I think I like it better than the eq2.wikia. Might have to spin Zam as my homepage ingame for a while. Wish they'd tone down the ads, but eh, whatchagonnado..
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 11:54:58 AM by Sky »
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: June 18, 2009, 08:48:28 AM

There's a 14 day freebie promotion going on if you have an Iksar. So my main account is not eligible, but that new alt account is. Going to log in just to grab the +25% run speed cloak for Iksar!
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: August 15, 2009, 12:16:20 PM

Okay. So I am considering subscribing again in the fall. Please refresh my memory with the "essential" add-ons for this game if any of you have a moment.

EQII client from SOE
EQ2Map?
UI Mods?
etc.

Thanks in advance.

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: So I'm resubbing  
Jump to: