Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:42:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: ECM nerf sighted 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ECM nerf sighted  (Read 7609 times)
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: March 26, 2009, 06:25:50 AM

That would be the end goal I think. Have enough lolScorps so that you can cycle the ECM Burst indefinitely while shittng FoF missiles everywhere.

Locking? Fuck locking!

Then they all die a horrible death to the 200KM Sniper fleet.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: March 26, 2009, 06:26:31 AM

Do FoF's hit friendlies?

Doesn't really matter, they don't do any damage.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: March 26, 2009, 07:03:42 AM

Falcon:
Caldari Cruiser Skill Bonus:
20% Bonus to ECM Target Jammer Optimal Range per level
5% Bonus to Medium Hybrid Optimal Range per level

Recon Ships Skill Bonus:
20% bonus to ECM Target Jammer strength per level
-96% to -100% reduction in Cloaking Device CPU use per level

Attribute Changes:
+1 turret hardpoint / -1 launcher hardpoint

Consider ECM much like autocannons now - you're always going to be in falloff. This has the side effect of making ECM very, VERY powerful when at close ranges (<40km), even more powerful than it was before. Also, due to the way falloff works now with ECM, 'easy jam' targets will no longer be able to be permajammed as full falloff has a 50% chance to miss regardless of sensor strength. I suspect this means that people will jam more battleships, less HACs, and won't jam cruisers at all.

How can you be working in falloff now if the bonuses are the same, am I missing something?

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #38 on: March 26, 2009, 09:06:08 AM

On the modules themselves, they flipped the falloff and optimal numbers. They are also altering the SDA and fixing the lack of stacking penalty on ecm rigs.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: March 26, 2009, 11:16:50 AM

On the modules themselves, they flipped the falloff and optimal numbers. They are also altering the SDA and fixing the lack of stacking penalty on ecm rigs.

Ah I thought so, I think this might be a better approach perhaps.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: ECM nerf sighted  
Jump to: