Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:03:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: This Spring Festival Starts today. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: This Spring Festival Starts today.  (Read 20707 times)
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: April 01, 2009, 01:05:34 PM

Not sure how your seeing this one time chicken thing as serious PvP business.
A static spawn for players entering a PVP instance with no protection at all from players on the other side?

Mind-bogglingly retarded.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: April 01, 2009, 01:10:38 PM

Not sure how your seeing this one time chicken thing as serious PvP business.
A static spawn for players entering a PVP instance with no protection at all from players on the other side?

Mind-bogglingly retarded.

Its not an instance, its a zone, players from the other side (AKA Freeps) can choose to help if they want. Your a level 1 CHICKEN. The reward you get for this is the title: fool.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: April 01, 2009, 01:14:30 PM

Whatever you like. God forbid I bring on the wrath of the local fanboys with my over the top outrageous criticism of what all thinking men must agree is the single best MMOG ever to be produced.

I can't imagine what I was thinking.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: April 01, 2009, 01:18:19 PM

Whatever you like. God forbid I bring on the wrath of the local fanboys with my over the top outrageous criticism of what all thinking men must agree is the single best MMOG ever to be produced.

I can't imagine what I was thinking.

What? I just don't see it as a big deal, like, at all. Thought it was rather funny myself.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #74 on: April 01, 2009, 01:22:05 PM

If it was a real quest, I'd be outraged and the blogosphere would burn with my fury.  However, it's an April Fool's Day quest, so meh.  No, really.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: April 01, 2009, 01:33:05 PM

Sigh. It wasn't a big deal. I did it. Got ganked instantly. It took all of 30 seconds out of my day. All I did was point out that doing PvP like that is something that went out of style 10 years ago. 
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #76 on: April 01, 2009, 01:45:54 PM

It is probably best to pretend LotRO does not have PVP anyway.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: April 01, 2009, 02:28:32 PM

It's a fine idea, but it's ruined by having a campable spawn point. When camped, it's no fun for hunters or prey. You log in and die in seconds - no time to do anything.

If all creep players were honorable, it could still work. But they're not all honorable. When I tried it last night, there were Blackarrows camped behind the chicken spawn. You don't even see what kills you.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #78 on: April 01, 2009, 04:30:08 PM

That suck-ass chicken quest has knocked out the whole LotRO farm, including lotro.com.

Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #79 on: April 01, 2009, 04:42:38 PM

they didn't seem to plan this well:

1) Spring festival with new content and instances, overlapping with
2) Free Weekend with XP buff
3) a datacenter move

Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: April 02, 2009, 01:26:20 AM

That suck-ass chicken quest has knocked out the whole LotRO farm, including lotro.com.
Facepalm

I think Turbine is doing a good job in general, but right now they really need to get their shit together.

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: April 02, 2009, 05:56:08 AM

Facepalm

I think Turbine is doing a good job in general, but right now they really need to get their shit together.

Yeah, Not sure what changed over there, but something seems to have. I missed one of my few playtime's last night due to the issues.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 07:02:39 AM by Mrbloodworth »

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #82 on: April 02, 2009, 06:47:19 AM

Datacenter moves are no joke.  They have my sympathy.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #83 on: April 02, 2009, 07:36:39 AM

It's true that moving your data center is no joke but you'd think that a group of people with more than one brain cell to rub together would not have so many things going on at the same time, no?  What a dreadful weekend.  I nearly decided to ditch the game entirely and find a different one.  I just couldn't think of anything I wanted to play.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #84 on: April 02, 2009, 07:43:42 AM

Executives are executives.  Don't you read Dilbert?

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #85 on: April 02, 2009, 07:49:06 AM

I have to say that, yes, I don't read Dilbert. 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #86 on: April 02, 2009, 09:01:29 AM

feels to me like someone never updated a routing table, which is why it took so long to get moving.

but once we got access it now seems that the account db's are borked.  The auth servers that the game launcher uses are also used by the forums (?) and they are down.  Last night, people were being kicked out intermittently from the mega-thread on current status.

all in all, pretty stupid to do a free weekend and a welcome back with a DC move at the same time. 
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #87 on: April 02, 2009, 11:15:57 AM

all in all, pretty stupid to do a free weekend and a welcome back with a DC move at the same time. 

I agree.

Jamiko
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: April 06, 2009, 11:19:46 AM

Hope they fix this mess, it's been ugly.

Server Maintenance Extension 4/6/09
Apr 06, 2009 13:48 EST We are extending today's downtime to include additional investigation and resolution on errors encountered during the weekend, including rubberbanding, invisible walls, and World Queue errors. We will update this message with an estimated uptime when it is available. Thank you for your patience as we work to resolve these issues!
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: April 06, 2009, 11:42:19 AM

Besides the known issues (Server Stability, Authentication, etc.) I had some errors I had never encountered this weekend.  While exploring the foundations of stone in moria it seemed that every 10 minutes or so, my video would go black (monitor saying no input) and I would lock-up completely.  I had really never explored the foundations until that point, so I do not know if is zone related or something to do with my video card (4850).  When it wasn't locking-up I was getting strange graphical issues (flickering black box around my character) and weird ass shadows. 

I turned off shadows to test, but I didn't have time to go through the foundations again - but the game ran fine in other zones the rest of the night.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: April 06, 2009, 01:46:19 PM

That issue almost sounds like a video card overheating or something.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Jamiko
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: April 06, 2009, 02:00:36 PM

For what it's worth, I was having really strange video glitches over the weekend as well. Like the graphics exploded into crazy fractals kind of glitches. Relog and all was fine. Something was very much messed up. It usually happened when I tried to zone into or out of some place.
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: April 06, 2009, 02:17:49 PM

That issue almost sounds like a video card overheating or something.

Aye, that's what I suspected...but this is the only situation I have encountered it.  I tried running Far Cry 2 to the max afterward for 1+ hour with no problems.  Perhaps the glitching in FoS was sending the video card into haywire-mode.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: April 06, 2009, 04:32:01 PM

Nvidia? Look for an error in the lower right on your taskbar referring to a driver nvddlkkm has stopped responding or something similar. It's an issue with Vista, RAM and some Nvidia configurations which nobody will own up to. Nothing to do about it.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: April 07, 2009, 05:55:47 AM

Nvidia? Look for an error in the lower right on your taskbar referring to a driver nvddlkkm has stopped responding or something similar. It's an issue with Vista, RAM and some Nvidia configurations which nobody will own up to. Nothing to do about it.

You know, if it wasn't for DX10 I'd totally "downgrade" to XP.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: This Spring Festival Starts today.  
Jump to: