Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:08:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: This Spring Festival Starts today. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: This Spring Festival Starts today.  (Read 20745 times)
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

on: March 24, 2009, 10:06:47 AM

So, i will post some helpfull links!

First, new developers diary about the newest addition to this festival.

Second, a great guide to the INN league!

Also note, this is our chance to get the Inn league keg for our kinhall!

« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 10:10:56 AM by Mrbloodworth »

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 10:23:56 AM

Agreed. must get Inn League Keg for Kinhall! It randomly teleports you to obscure areas with full drunk effects.  First time I tried it, it sent me to an island in the middle of Forochel...surrounded by instant death frozen water.

It was always great to see new kin mates in my previous guild try out the keg for the first time.

That maze looks awesome, is that new?
Jamiko
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 10:27:56 AM

There is a keg reward at the maze. Not sure if it will look the same, but it sure sounds the same. I almost had it but passed out a few feet from the exit.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 10:38:12 AM by Jamiko »
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 10:38:37 AM

That maze looks awesome, is that new?

Brand spanking new.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Jamiko
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 10:50:34 AM

I hope the maze stays even after the festival, it's pretty cool.
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 11:03:12 AM

I hope the maze stays even after the festival, it's pretty cool.
I would say this is likely (because keeping two different sets of world geometry would be impractical) but the quest givers will likely disappear.

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 11:06:07 AM

Just watched "The Shining" two nights ago, flashbacks to the shining hedge-maze  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 11:07:51 AM

They just disabled the Spring Festival Horse Races.

Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: March 24, 2009, 11:38:25 AM

Well, I hope we get the spring festival before spring ends.
Jamiko
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: March 24, 2009, 11:57:11 AM

Spoiler regarding the Inn League hedge maze quest (because it was not obvious to me):

Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: March 24, 2009, 12:12:40 PM

So you get the keg and maybe some rep for the maze?

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Jamiko
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: March 24, 2009, 12:23:42 PM

Assuming you can get the quest in the first place (need to be an Inn League member I think), you get a choice of the keg or 2 leaves (barter item). And some rep with the Inn League.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 12:28:38 PM by Jamiko »
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: March 24, 2009, 01:01:05 PM

Assuming you can get the quest in the first place (need to be an Inn League member I think), you get a choice of the keg or 2 leaves (barter item). And some rep with the Inn League.

I am a member. In fact, I'm an Inn League Sage of Fine Spirits!

Are the leaves the golden leaves for Lothlorien? And what is the reset timer on this quest?

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Jamiko
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: March 24, 2009, 01:18:32 PM

The leaves (appear to be green) are barter items for an NPC near the hedge maze entrance. Good for anything else? I have no idea. Looks like all the quests are on 12 hour timers. If you fail you can try again right away though. I'm currently doing a chain of quests where you race through the maze against shorter and shorter time limits.

Update: this keg is smaller than the previous and it has a skull/crossbones on it.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 05:31:00 PM by Jamiko »
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: March 24, 2009, 01:22:35 PM

Cool. The maze sounds like fun.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #15 on: March 24, 2009, 05:15:02 PM

I have been slacking like Magellan on the Sage of Fine Spirits part, but of course Fallia is only lv29, or maybe 31 after the latest book.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: March 24, 2009, 05:30:37 PM

Welcome back weekend starting up also, and bonus xp for everyone:

http://www.lotro.com/news/377-welcomeback
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: March 25, 2009, 12:45:02 AM

I really should move my account to the US servers. The retards at Codemasters won't give us the Spring Festival until Book 7, which has been delayed till April.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #18 on: March 25, 2009, 06:01:33 AM

That is shitty.  EU--.

Related, I got the Amazeing title last night.  Go go 25 years of videogames training me to run mazes! awesome, for real

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: March 25, 2009, 06:06:37 AM

That is shitty.  EU--.

Related, I got the Amazeing title last night.  Go go 25 years of videogames training me to run mazes! awesome, for real

I got it too and both kegs, and a hobbit yard shrubbery statue and a patch of clovers. My house now looks like a frat house. I've gont 1 chair, a bunch of fish trophies, my "room of death" which has all my stuffed dead things, and 2 kegs.

Now I just need the garden dwarf, the fish slap emote, the horse, and hopefully the black eye patch out of a gift box and I can move on!

Ozzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: March 25, 2009, 08:25:32 AM

After running around the maze a few times, I'm all nauseous. Motion sickness blows.  swamp poop
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #21 on: March 25, 2009, 11:37:20 AM

We might start playing this again for a bit because we're very bored lately and I like festivals.  I say we because I have a Righ in me pocket.   I know there's some guild on one of the servers but do we still have an f13 Bat Country guild?  I'll be disappointed if there are no Eaaster eggs during this festival!  The website account pages is uncooperative today, too.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: March 25, 2009, 11:55:14 AM

We might start playing this again for a bit because we're very bored lately and I like festivals.  I say we because I have a Righ in me pocket.   I know there's some guild on one of the servers but do we still have an f13 Bat Country guild?  I'll be disappointed if there are no Eaaster eggs during this festival!  The website account pages is uncooperative today, too.

No bat country i am aware of, most of the F13 users are in RoME (Brandywine). Doesn't he tickle in your pocket?

Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: March 25, 2009, 12:19:48 PM

I'm glad to see I still have mad flower picking skills for the Bree quest. One hour, 270+ flowers, ten gift boxes. A perfect way to spend lunch.

* Disable landscape frills so they don't obscure the flowers.

* Flower patches have a very close LoD fadeout - use a zig-zag search pattern and be sure to look around (half the time I'm strafing).

* Nen Hilith (the Howling Wolf cul-de-sac) in Ered Luin has a very concentrated number of patches. It's like the mountains cluster them up or something.

Wait. This is nothing to brag about, is it?

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: March 25, 2009, 12:26:16 PM

I'm glad to see I still have mad flower picking skills for the Bree quest. One hour, 270+ flowers, ten gift boxes. A perfect way to spend lunch.

* Flower patches have a very close LoD fadeout - use a zig-zag search pattern and be sure to look around (half the time I'm strafing).

* Nen Hilith (the Howling Wolf cul-de-sac) in Ered Luin has a very concentrated number of patches. It's like the mountains cluster them up or something.

Wait. This is nothing to brag about, is it?

Maybe. I'm going to take your advice when I do my own flower quests again. Did you get anything good out of your boxes? I only got 2 boxes and got a tart recipe and a recipe for a corsairs legs and tunics.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: March 25, 2009, 12:31:41 PM

There is no coal.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: March 25, 2009, 12:40:40 PM

Did you get anything good out of your boxes? I only got 2 boxes and got a tart recipe and a recipe for a corsairs legs and tunics.

I ran afoul of the "open next box too soon, get same item" bug. So far I opened three Blueberry Tart recipes, and one farmer recipe to make a house decoration flower arrangement. I saved the rest to open later.

Let me see if I can find a list of everything available for you.

EDIT: Try this thread.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 12:48:48 PM by Stormwaltz »

- Henry Cobb
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: March 25, 2009, 02:10:14 PM

What is the cat lady quest people refer to?

Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: March 25, 2009, 03:47:11 PM

I have no idea. First I'd heard of it.

The Cat Lady's apartment is on Scholar's Walk in Bree. I'll check it out tonight, maybe there's something there.

- Henry Cobb
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: March 25, 2009, 06:48:42 PM

I have no idea. First I'd heard of it.

The Cat Lady's apartment is on Scholar's Walk in Bree. I'll check it out tonight, maybe there's something there.

Talk to the love struck guy just near the boar fountain...i think?

Jamiko
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: March 25, 2009, 08:27:15 PM

Nen Hilith was awesome, thanks for the tip. Couldn't find a place like that in the Shire or near Bree. Another tip I found helpful was to turn on item names. I found I could see that even before the flowers. It's up higher than normal for other items so it kinda sticks out like a sore thumb. I've picked enough flowers today - need sleep.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #31 on: March 25, 2009, 09:29:27 PM

spoiler map for the maze:  http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss17/hammerman1993/SpringMazeMap.jpg

and prolly in karma, I got a free gift in the mail... right click... its COAL.

here we go again....
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: March 26, 2009, 05:51:20 AM

My free gift was a blueberry tart recipe. You can't even give those silly things away.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: March 26, 2009, 07:37:26 AM

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #34 on: March 26, 2009, 08:37:20 AM

I don't know what my problem was, but even with getting the Amazeling title I still somehow missed out on a ton of rewards.  I must have just not been looking at the quest rewards or something.  I don't even know where to turn in my hedge leaves, but I could probably use them to construct a new maze.  I should have done something other than play tag for half an hour.

I did the "cat lady" one, too, so I just need to bite it and go pick flowers.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: This Spring Festival Starts today.  
Jump to: