Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:59:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: I14 in open beta 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I14 in open beta  (Read 12271 times)
Glazius
Terracotta Army

on: March 19, 2009, 06:22:48 AM

Yup.

I, uh, already have an arc labeled Dev Choice, which should tell you everything you need to know about me. If you want to play through it, it's called "Dream Paper", and I had the time to make a couple sequels to it in closed beta.

Questions about things you can do in the Mission Architect? It's a pretty powerful tool but hardly perfect.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 09:39:10 AM

It tells us you're pretty sharp for a chinchilla? Grin

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 09:46:06 AM

Yup.

I, uh, already have an arc labeled Dev Choice, which should tell you everything you need to know about me. If you want to play through it, it's called "Dream Paper", and I had the time to make a couple sequels to it in closed beta.

Questions about things you can do in the Mission Architect? It's a pretty powerful tool but hardly perfect.

Will you have to redo the whole thing when I14 goes to the live servers?

Over and out.
Glazius
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 11:12:11 AM

Yup.

Will you have to redo the whole thing when I14 goes to the live servers?

Unless things change drastically during open beta, probably not. Everything you create, characters and missions alike, is saved first as a local file in your CoH directory. It should be as simple as copying the relevant directories over, and perhaps running a few missions to get enough tickets to buy the costume parts and maps I used that aren't in the standard block, though I don't think I used too many there.

This also means that you can pass characters and possibly missions to other players.
Glazius
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 11:17:21 PM

Man, custom enemies take up a lot of file space. Had to peel three out of the nice 10-man structure I built (one to make room for a boss, two to make room for more missions). It's arc ID 9257, "The Bravuran Jobs", if anybody wants to take a look.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #5 on: March 22, 2009, 07:08:40 PM

So what sort of safeguards are going to be in place to ensure that people do not create missions designed just to give out easy xp or whatever?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 07:28:37 AM

So what sort of safeguards are going to be in place to ensure that people do not create missions designed just to give out easy xp or whatever?

You can get XP, but not loot drops. Instead you get MA tickets that can be traded for loot.

Glazius
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: March 23, 2009, 11:08:45 AM

Missions have to use existing maps, so you can't create a fish-in-a-barrel shooting gallery.

Every custom enemy you create has to have at least one offensive powerset.

Other than that, nothing is stopping you from creating a giant Freakshow gathering, or a map full of fire melee/fire blast enemies for your fire tank to destroy.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: March 23, 2009, 11:19:29 AM

Other than that, nothing is stopping you from creating a giant Freakshow gathering, or a map full of fire melee/fire blast enemies for your fire tank to destroy.
I might resub for a month if that goes live.  ACK!

why so serious?

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Glazius
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: March 23, 2009, 04:08:00 PM

I might resub for a month if that goes live.  ACK!

why so serious?

Oh, it gets better. You can artificially sidekick any number of people up to 45 by putting the appropriate enemies in the mission. Under these circumstances, powerleveling is inevitable.
Glazius
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: March 23, 2009, 09:09:53 PM

Welp, today's patch broke most of the architect arcs in the system through one means or another. Animation restrictions, text restrictions, the new creature customizer letting you set difficulties for each half of your critter powers separately - had to take down all my arcs and republish them. The numbers are in the 10000s, but if you search for "Dream Paper" or "Bravuran" you should still be able to find them.

Assuming you care, that is.  awesome, for real

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: I14 in open beta  
Jump to: