Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 12:46:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Twilight 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Twilight  (Read 14037 times)
Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: March 23, 2009, 11:02:17 PM

The actual book John Carpenter's Vampire$ was based on is an awsome novellete. Written by texan John Steakley, it has a lot the movie entirely skips, and in the end, is an entirely different and awsomer experience. Don't get me wrong, I love John Carpenter, but he cut waaaaay too many corners making the movie.

He wrote something other than Armor?  And it was a vampire story?  Color me befuddled.

And named a character Jack Crow in both?  Man needs to stretch his imagination just a bit further :P  Although I still re-read Armor every once in a while.

“Why the fuck would you ... ?” is like 80% of the conversation with Poly — Chimpy
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: March 24, 2009, 06:53:36 AM

I'm told by the movie reviewer at work (TV network) that if you want the best in teenage vampire romance, you should watch Let The Right One In.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1139797/

oooooo, torrent time.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: March 24, 2009, 12:55:27 PM

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: March 29, 2009, 09:43:57 AM

I'm told by the movie reviewer at work (TV network) that if you want the best in teenage vampire romance, you should watch Let The Right One In.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1139797/

oooooo, torrent time.

Ok, Excellent movie... Some really great scenes. I also recommend watching it with subtitles, not over dub..those kids are great at delivering lines...even if i don't know what they are saying.. Over duns made it seem cheesy because it removed ALL of the emotions in the dialog.

Spinning star Spinning star Spinning star Spinning star Spinning star

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: March 29, 2009, 01:29:52 PM

This movie (and the book(s)) was hilarious for all the wrong reasons.

"We love to play baseball.  But we can only play when during thunderstorms because when we hit the ball, it sounds like thunder..."

Fucking give me a break. I'm glad you're making shitloads of money, but you're a shittyshitshit writer.

I don't really blame the movie for being so terrible though -- the movie didn't have much to work with.

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #40 on: March 29, 2009, 01:34:48 PM

you make it sound more silly than it is. they didn't say why they played baseball in the rain. they just showed why.
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: March 29, 2009, 01:36:05 PM

Sorry, I just picked the most ridiculous part of the entire series I could think of that nobody had said yet.

We already made the baby eating me from the inside joke.

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #42 on: March 31, 2009, 08:15:46 AM

Everything I know about Twilight et al I learned from reading these recaps. It's where I got my sig from.

WayAbvPar

Reply #43 on: April 03, 2009, 03:05:44 PM

The actual book John Carpenter's Vampire$ was based on is an awsome novellete. Written by texan John Steakley, it has a lot the movie entirely skips, and in the end, is an entirely different and awsomer experience. Don't get me wrong, I love John Carpenter, but he cut waaaaay too many corners making the movie.

Sweet! Just ordered it from Amazon. Thanks for the heads up- the movie is a guilty pleasure of mine.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Twilight  
Jump to: