Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:44:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: NCIS 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: NCIS  (Read 3606 times)
Venkman
Terracotta Army

on: March 12, 2009, 06:57:57 AM

Anyone watch this? There was a marathon a month ago that got me into it. I didn't even know about the show and was chagrined to find out how long it's been around.
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 07:05:35 AM

Anyone watch this? There was a marathon a month ago that got me into it. I didn't even know about the show and was chagrined to find out how long it's been around.

Some times  DRILLING AND MANLINESS, but mostly  swamp poop

Scenes with the faux-goth lab tech are fast-forward worthy. 

The script and plots are usually beyond awful rip offs of action/horror movies.

The season when Gibbs finds his emotion chip is awful and the show goes downhill from awful to swamp poop in subsequent seasons.

Just a complete waste of time.  Try http://www.blueservo.net/ instead.

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 07:08:57 AM

The funny thing for me is that I'm totally out of touch with the multi-season narrative (if there is one). Every episode I've caught has been a repeat on TBS. I have no idea how the characters evolved except for those that died/left. So as a series of disconnected episodes, it's pretty good for me. But I could totally see it being sucky if you watched the show in realtime.
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 07:13:04 AM

My wife likes it, so ... yeah.

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 10:29:40 AM

I'd drill her.   awesome, for real
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 02:56:16 PM

You think there is a real goth?  ACK!

"Me am play gods"
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 03:35:00 PM

I dunno, its not as bad as Oban makes it out to be. Its not Inspector Morse, no, but its sorta cute. Also, Cote de Pablo is to DIE for.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #7 on: March 12, 2009, 03:45:04 PM

The show is about the character interactions unlike CSI (the original) which is more about the cases/forensics. If you don't like the characters you aren't going to like NCIS.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: March 16, 2009, 06:03:47 PM

I'm glad the main character is "Jethro".  Anything to make that name more acceptable.

Jethro was my nickname as a kid.

I kid you not.
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #9 on: March 30, 2009, 09:59:46 AM

Did you have a long wild hair, a beard and play a flute?

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: March 30, 2009, 04:55:18 PM

Ah likes it. I too just started to catch the show this past few months, and pretty much dig the characters. Especially Abby.  Heart

And the forensics in NCIS is more believable than the medicine in House lately.  swamp poop

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #11 on: April 01, 2009, 06:14:25 AM

I don't really think House is about the medicine.  I've seen some NCIS shows and they can be ok when I remember to look away at the right times.  I don't really enjoy seeing Iliya Kuriakin elbow deep in chest cavity, especially at dinner time.  Personally, I think House is miles beyond this show in terms of entertainment value.  (even though it's tarnished a little since the start)

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #12 on: April 01, 2009, 10:22:45 PM

I dunno, its not as bad as Oban makes it out to be.

Yes it is, if not worse. We'd need to rediscover a dark and vile prehuman language to have the words to accurately talk about the different levels of shit that every aspect of this show sucks dry. The stories are fucking godawful, but the characters are the worst. Seriously, they're some of the worst characters ever on TV. Especially the mary sue commando chick who stole her personality from every Vulcan that was ever on Star Trek. Somehow this fucking turd manages to be even worse than that turd JAG with the fighter-piloting, special ops lawyers.

Jesus fucking Christ you people, staring at the wall and letting your mind wander is a much better way to kill an hour of your life than this show is.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #13 on: April 02, 2009, 06:05:23 AM

Jesus fucking Christ you people, staring at the wall and letting your mind wander is a much better way to kill an hour of your life than this show is.

I do this a lot when the TV is on!

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: NCIS  
Jump to: