Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:56:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Breaking Bad 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Breaking Bad  (Read 103038 times)
Ozzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: April 25, 2010, 08:53:59 PM

Tonight's episde was pure  awesome, for real
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #36 on: May 02, 2010, 09:01:27 PM

Finally caught up to last week's episode. Skylar has gotten to be even more of a MILF than she was at the start.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS The whole season has been absolute win from the start. 3 seasons in, and they still have me hooked. I expected it to be full of glory the first season and either end or peter out because of Walt's sickness. But somehow, they've found a way to keep it interesting, entertaining and uncomfortable.

Best line of the season?

I keep waiting for a shark jump, and they just haven't had one yet.

Ozzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: May 02, 2010, 09:18:07 PM

Wait til you catch this week's episode. Holy crap. It's just getting better and better.

Ozzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: May 02, 2010, 09:33:00 PM

Oh and just a word of warning for those who have this episode recorded, but haven't watched it yet:

AMC screwed up in the last commercial break and gave a huge hint about how this week's episode ends in their preview for next week's show before the scene actually took place. So, uh, avert your eyes or something.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #39 on: May 02, 2010, 10:47:49 PM

This show is approaching The Wire as the greatest thing ever on television.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Ollie
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: May 03, 2010, 06:04:59 AM

S3_E7 was top class, no question – though personally, I enjoy the show more when it deals with the gradual disintegration of the protagonist's bourgeois morals, as opposed to rampant gun-toting. Still, there's no arguing that it left me wanting more.

Pinkman's hospital monologue was gut-wrenching. I love the way the show shoves those awkward confrontation moments in the viewer's face, and refuses to fade to black. It kind of reminds me of this board, actually. "Here is the social reality you've created, deal with it."  Grin

Hug me, I'm Finnish!
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: May 03, 2010, 04:34:45 PM

Dean Norris, playing Hank, deserves acknowledgement. He's really really great.

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Ozzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: May 03, 2010, 04:51:36 PM

Dean Norris, playing Hank, deserves acknowledgement. He's really really great.

And while I consider Jesse to always be great, he was especially great in this last episode.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #43 on: May 03, 2010, 09:14:24 PM

Damn. Now that was one hell of an episode.  awesome, for real

Ozzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: May 16, 2010, 10:05:21 PM

Another most excellent show tonight.

KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: May 17, 2010, 05:46:56 AM

This show is like Dexter.  Every season ends and I go "That was awesome, but how are they going to go on from here and still make it good?" and then they pull it off and pass my expectations!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #46 on: May 17, 2010, 09:27:04 AM

Another most excellent show tonight.

I keep watching Jesse with the words "YOU FUCKING IDIOT!" on my lips.

Ollie
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: May 19, 2010, 01:49:01 AM

Ditto.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 02:17:23 AM by Ollie »

Hug me, I'm Finnish!
fuser
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: May 19, 2010, 11:06:58 AM

I keep watching Jesse with the words "YOU FUCKING IDIOT!" on my lips.

"Bitch!"

Seriously, this show just keeps picking up steam. Gus is an amazing written/acted character.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: May 23, 2010, 11:58:52 PM

Truly epic bottle episode.  It was a great chaser to wash the stink of the Lost finale from my brain.

Those two actors are fucking amazing.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Ozzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: May 25, 2010, 01:30:15 AM

Truly epic bottle episode.  It was a great chaser to wash the stink of the Lost finale from my brain.

It was definitely a good episode and reminded me a bit of the one where they got stranded out in the desert.

It was funny, but also uncomfortable with just how close Walter came to spilling everything about Jane's death. I'm also happy that he was paying enough attention to realize that Jesse was taking some product off the top and not to confront him, but to just warn him that these are not people you want to fuck with.

And their conversations were really something. Jesse's story about his sick aunt and Walt talking about how he's lived too long. That's good stuff right there.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 02:01:54 AM by Ozzu »
Ozzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: May 25, 2010, 03:56:00 AM

I'm at work and bored. So, a couple of good lines from the episode that still have me chuckling a bit:

"We're making meth, not space shuttles!"

and

"When did they change it to opossum? It sounds Irish."

awesome, for real
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: May 25, 2010, 05:41:43 AM

I just watched it last night. When did Walt go insane? Did I miss something here?  Honestly, the whole irrational fly obsession seemed to come out of nowhere.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #53 on: May 25, 2010, 10:03:08 AM

The fly was new, but I think it's definitely a precursor to later things. It's amazing how good what was in essence a filler episode was, purely on the writing and acting. Both of these guys could get an Emmy for that episode alone.

fuser
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: May 25, 2010, 04:10:15 PM

I just watched it last night. When did Walt go insane? Did I miss something here?  Honestly, the whole irrational fly obsession seemed to come out of nowhere.

It's been slowly building. There's been a few OCD moments with his sandwiches, the lab procedures, and cleaning. It was one blowup due to ongoing stress that Gus could any moment replace him with other cooks(like Jesse), holding the secret of Jane, Hanks career and life getting ruined, and his whole grand purpose in life to protect his family falling apart in front of him.

The fly I think was a snapping point where the only thing pure left in his life is the lab/chemistry and yet a simple fly could corrupt it. Didn't Gus say there was a highend air system and it was pressurized to keep it clean when the lab was first introduced.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: May 25, 2010, 05:29:08 PM

He has turned into an insomniac, likely from the stress of knowing what is is fully into at this point, and that can twist your brain a bit. It was just taking his OCD and turning it up to 11 combined with sleep deprivation.

-H.L. Mencken
ffc
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: May 30, 2010, 11:09:44 AM

It was funny, but also uncomfortable with just how close Walter came to spilling everything about Jane's death.

I had 3 simultaneous heart attacks when I thought Walter was going to spill the beans.  My interest in the show has been waning this season but thanks to last weeks amazing episode I'm looking forward to watching again.
Ozzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: June 01, 2010, 10:04:33 PM

I'm not completely sure what Jesse is going to do, but he looked pretty pissed/shaken up at the end of that episode.

And Walt going to dinner with Gus was pretty tense. His piece of advice about not making the same mistake twice was pretty cryptic as well. I'm wondering if it's just general advice, if Gus knows about Jesse's shenanigans, or if he's referring to something else. I can't imagine Gus would be taken by surprise by anything.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 12:27:22 AM by Ozzu »
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: June 01, 2010, 10:41:31 PM

I just assumed Gus was referring to Jesse when talking about "making the same mistake twice." 
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #59 on: June 02, 2010, 08:17:43 AM

He may have been talking about Jesse or about Skyler being involved in the money laundering part. Either one could be considered repeating a mistake, and either one could be disastrous.

Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: June 02, 2010, 08:22:56 AM

I figured that Gus is keeping an eye on Jesse and is ready to move if he gets too unreliable.  I'm surprised he  hasn't just had him killed really. It'd be easy enough to do without Walt knowing for sure that he did it.

I'm not convinced that he'd be against Skyler getting involved though. If anything I think her willing participation binds her more strongly to the organization and makes it less likely that she'd ever go to the police.
grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: June 05, 2010, 10:48:02 PM

I'm a bit late, just got caught up today...

I took this as Walt realizing just how hot the fire is that he's playing with.  He needs Chicken Man's protection or the cartel kills him.  He also has to stay the best choice for cook or Chicken Man kills him.  He can't afford any mistakes.  Even a stupid little fly can get him killed, or so he thinks.

Why don't you try our other games?
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #62 on: June 05, 2010, 11:57:53 PM

Actually I had that thought as well, but even if Gail was meant to be a replacement, he's a much safer choice than Jesse ever would be. Jesse's stupid enough to do something like steal from Chicken Man, whereas Gail is looking to replace Walt. Better the enemy you know than the one you can't predict.

Evil Elvis
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: June 06, 2010, 08:04:07 PM

I can't believe a show with this many "shit just got real" moments could be this good.  But it is.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: June 06, 2010, 11:10:38 PM

Holy Shit!

-H.L. Mencken
fuser
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: June 06, 2010, 11:43:41 PM

Run  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Ollie
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: June 07, 2010, 02:42:09 AM

No more half-measures.  awesome, for real

Extra brownie points for the awesome Spielberg camera swoop at the end.

Hug me, I'm Finnish!
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: June 07, 2010, 12:44:29 PM

Ok, that was good.
ffc
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: June 07, 2010, 03:58:14 PM

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #69 on: June 07, 2010, 08:56:08 PM

HOL-EEE FUCK-ING SHIT.  ACK! awesome, for real DRILLING AND MANLINESS ACK!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Breaking Bad  
Jump to: