Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 10:27:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Breaking Bad 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Breaking Bad  (Read 104300 times)
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #210 on: July 31, 2013, 10:37:01 AM

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #211 on: July 31, 2013, 11:04:55 AM

Also, she really does.

Oh come on.  She is a solid 7 at best.  That doesn't mean that she shouldn't get naked because why not?  But she certainly isn't "man I really want to see her naked" hot.

I have never played WoW.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #212 on: July 31, 2013, 11:36:55 AM

Ah, Sorry, I didn't realise my own tastes.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #213 on: July 31, 2013, 11:59:32 AM

You express yours.  I express mine.  It's what we do here.

I have never played WoW.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #214 on: July 31, 2013, 06:13:36 PM

Not me.  I lie about everything.  All the time. :)

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #215 on: July 31, 2013, 10:47:57 PM

Are we talking about Deadwood Anna or Breaking Bad Anna? She seems to have gotten a bad case of Plastic Surgery between the two, which didn't improve her looks. Not that this should matter once she gets naked.
WayAbvPar

Reply #216 on: August 01, 2013, 08:57:22 AM

Extensive nudity would have been the only thing that could have saved her Deadwood character. God she was a drag.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #217 on: August 01, 2013, 09:26:03 AM

Wow, I knew I'd seen Anna Gunn somewhere before Breaking Bad, but never connected it to Deadwood. Her character really never had much of a chance to be anything in Deadwood - maybe she would have in Season 4 (fuck you, HBO).

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #218 on: August 01, 2013, 11:12:55 AM

Had to look her up. The whole point of her character is to be a drag.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 06:57:37 AM by tazelbain »

"Me am play gods"
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #219 on: August 02, 2013, 04:53:53 AM

Strange, I watched all of Deadwood and it just didn't register with me at all.

Maybe I just notice Milf accountants.

I'm married to one after all.

MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #220 on: August 02, 2013, 08:53:43 AM

I noticed bitch.

Dated a few of those.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #221 on: August 03, 2013, 11:29:09 PM

When they did the pullback on the hat I literally got goosebumps. The fuckall of it is that I am on vacation in some remote dude ranch when the first episode is on so won't get to see it for 4 days after air.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
WayAbvPar

Reply #222 on: August 05, 2013, 11:39:19 AM

Midway through S2. Still digging it even as my stomach churns from stress while watching (or even thinking about) it  awesome, for real

Glad to see Tuco get his finally. Nice to see Hank get the credit too..he is a fun character. Just when he is starting to look like a caricature, he comes back and acts human for a bit. Good writing and good acting.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #223 on: August 05, 2013, 11:43:35 AM

Hanks a lot like that throughout.  It's very strange actually.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #224 on: August 11, 2013, 11:03:01 PM

Over and out.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #225 on: August 12, 2013, 05:41:12 AM

Fantastic episode. I was not expecting the conversation at the end to go down for at least another few episodes.
cironian
Terracotta Army

play his game!: solarwar.net

Reply #226 on: August 12, 2013, 09:58:26 AM

Same here. It's like the director knew people would expect the tension to be dialed back a bit for a few episodes and went: "Haha, fuck that shit, full speed ahead!"  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #227 on: August 12, 2013, 03:54:26 PM

The last 10 minutes kept it away from breaking boring. Jesse is back to being a guilty mess, Walter pretends he isn't a drug lord monster, and Skylar does nothing to redeem her character. Does Hank need to have an anger induced panic attack? No. Was it awesome? Yes. How personal Hank is taking this makes him semi calmly accepting Walts threat feel,... there are moments when this show reminds me that much of the drama of it's parts come from the low middle class family living somewhere their income can no longer manage.  Case in point Hank realizing that he is too white collar for what is about to happen.
Ozzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #228 on: August 14, 2013, 11:23:21 AM

Walter White singing "My Way"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53j4vQ8Un0k

Yeah. It's awesome.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #229 on: August 14, 2013, 10:54:28 PM

Same here. It's like the director knew people would expect the tension to be dialed back a bit for a few episodes and went: "Haha, fuck that shit, full speed ahead!"  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

That Director would be....Bryan Cranston.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #230 on: August 15, 2013, 10:03:05 AM

Ozzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #231 on: August 19, 2013, 09:35:57 AM

Well, that was intense.  awesome, for real
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #232 on: August 22, 2013, 09:58:55 AM

Fuck yeah. I am going to be so sad to see this end.

Skylar finally realizing just how deep in this whole thing she is, and just what that means, as well as Todd's reappearance were all awesome. Fucked up future Walt has got me so jonesing to figure out what has happened between now and then. Also, Jesse has so totally lost it. Hank is going to shred him.

naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #233 on: August 22, 2013, 12:42:04 PM

Fuck yeah. I am going to be so sad to see this end.

Skylar finally realizing just how deep in this whole thing she is, and just what that means, as well as Todd's reappearance were all awesome. Fucked up future Walt has got me so jonesing to figure out what has happened between now and then. Also, Jesse has so totally lost it. Hank is going to shred him.

Was so bummed when it to the show end just before Hank was about to waltz in to the interrogation room. Can't wait until next week's show.

Todd is the new Walt.
Lydia is the new Skylar.
Todd's uncle is the new Mike.
But Hank is still Captain Ahab questing for the old Walt whale.
And the meth game goes on and on.

My bossman believes Walt will survive but everything dear (and/or close) to him will be destroyed -- family, Jessie, etc.… That that is the form of his tragic destruction. I not so sure I subscribe to that but after this recent episode maybe my bossman is spot on… …seems like it would fit the narrative -- Walt compartmentalizes his deed(s) (think of when Saul suggests he "send Hank to Belize" and Walt is aghast over that) and somehow thinks he can bear the weight of his wrongdoing but what if the true *tragedy* is seeing the destruction of those he thought he was acting and caring for, and fails ultimately in shielding from repercussions and fallout.

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #234 on: August 22, 2013, 01:16:30 PM

the true *tragedy* is seeing the destruction of those he thought he was acting and caring for, and fails ultimately in shielding from repercussions and fallout.

I think it's pretty obvious that's going to happen regardless of whether Walt ends the show as a corpse.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #235 on: August 22, 2013, 01:19:05 PM

The state of his house in the foreshadowing represents the wreckage of his life, I'm sure.

Over and out.
Ozzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #236 on: August 26, 2013, 10:27:51 PM

Jesse coming to his realization while looking at the cigarette pack threw me at first.

I thought he was looking for the cell phone that Saul gave him and found cigarettes instead and that somehow this meant that someone was coming to kill him. Yeah. I dunno where I came up with that one.  swamp poop
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #237 on: August 27, 2013, 10:34:52 AM

When I saw the shot of the van coming down the road, I thought they were going to kill him off, too.  I kind of hope he's the one who takes out Walt, if Walt is to be taken out.  It would make me too sad if Walt killed Jesse after playing him for so long. 

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #238 on: August 27, 2013, 11:51:31 AM

Walt's video: Wow. Just... fucking... wow.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #239 on: August 27, 2013, 12:26:43 PM

Walt's video: Wow. Just... fucking... wow.

I know!  And the way they watched it.  I mean, does Hank have any chance at all explaining that to anyone?  He's being naughty at work as it is.

naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #240 on: August 27, 2013, 02:24:23 PM

I love how Saul's bodyguard can't stop anyone rushing into Saul's office but is adept at fingering out cigarettes from a pocketed pack.

And that confession video was awesome…

"Walt, confess!"

"Kill yourself, Walt!"

"OK, I confess it was Hank that made me."

KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #241 on: August 29, 2013, 04:55:33 PM

Jesse coming to his realization while looking at the cigarette pack threw me at first.

I thought he was looking for the cell phone that Saul gave him and found cigarettes instead and that somehow this meant that someone was coming to kill him. Yeah. I dunno where I came up with that one.  swamp poop

Honestly I had the same thought.  I didn't understand the significance until Jesse had the gun pointed at him.
Ozzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #242 on: September 03, 2013, 11:46:17 AM

A very familiar reaction that has occurred numerous times in Breaking Bad occurred again this last episode:

No Jesse! No Jesse! DAMN IT, JESSE!
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #243 on: September 03, 2013, 01:03:48 PM

I've been a bit frustrated with the show ever since the reveal that they go into Witness Protection and the whole series turns into a Malcolm in the Middle prelude.

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #244 on: September 04, 2013, 07:45:26 PM

Only 4 more episodes left and I am still at a loss at how it's going to end.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Breaking Bad  
Jump to: