Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:15:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Server merges announced 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Server merges announced  (Read 57850 times)
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #35 on: March 12, 2009, 08:41:32 AM

Quote from: MarkJacobsEA
Folks,
Oh, and as an FYI, once again our number of paying subs in NA went up again yesterday as did our PCU (even with backing out the trial accounts). These are undeniable facts, not spin.

Mark
Fuck his posts are so fucking meaningless. UP COMPARED TO WHAT?
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: March 12, 2009, 09:14:30 AM

I'll stick this here instead of creating a new thread, but I have a couple of friends playing and they say the merges and such are improving the game. While swearing I'd never play again after seeing that idiot's horrible tone deaf video about firing all those devs, my anger has decreased a little, and my friends are playing and really having a good time.

So I just get an email from Mythic offering 10 days free to check out all the changes.

And I think great.

Except you don't get 10 days free.

Ten days free to check out a failed game that says its fixed itself is great. 10 extra days on your first month after you resubscribe and spend more money? That's not so great. And that just pissed me off wicked. No they don't owe me anything, but if they want me back they better come up with something better than a deceptive offer with the reality hidden in the fine print.

The absolutely incredible tone deafness of the company is simply astonishing.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Bismallah
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: March 12, 2009, 09:16:50 AM

Wonder if with the number of paying subs are they going to re-hire their recently unemployed?

So I just get an email from Mythic offering 10 days free to check out all the changes.

And I think great.

Ten days free to check out a failed game that says its fixed itself is great. 10 extra days on your first month after you resubscribe and spend more money? That's not so great. And that just pissed me off wicked. No they don't owe me anything, but if they want me back they better come up with something better than a deceptive offer with the reality hidden in the fine print.

Oh wow, maybe that's where Mark is getting his "number of paying subs went up again yesterday" from? What a cheesedick.
schild
Administrator

Reply #38 on: March 12, 2009, 09:22:08 AM

Hahaha wow, they can't even give things away right.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #39 on: March 12, 2009, 09:26:16 AM

Like I said in an earlier post it's the "Mythic Way". They can't do anything the "normal" way, they always have to put their fucked up spin on it.
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #40 on: March 12, 2009, 09:29:20 AM

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #41 on: March 12, 2009, 09:34:17 AM

Facepalm
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: March 12, 2009, 10:21:34 AM

That just screams professional.

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #43 on: March 12, 2009, 10:43:00 AM

Righ of Order   

You are ordered by Karl Franz himself to return to the front lines! As a loyal soldier in the armies of Order, your strength is needed once again! There is no time for rest at rank 30. Brave the perilous dungeons and seek powerful new treasures. Your friends Kadesh, Amitlu and Renfield are still in the battle! Rise now, and bear the standard of Bat Country to the very heart of The Inevitable City! To arms, and to glory!

Who? Somebody bought the annual recurring billing option?

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Jherad
Terracotta Army

I find Rachel Maddow seriously hot.

Reply #44 on: March 12, 2009, 10:50:35 AM

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: March 12, 2009, 10:56:49 AM

I'll stick this here instead of creating a new thread, but I have a couple of friends playing and they say the merges and such are improving the game. While swearing I'd never play again after seeing that idiot's horrible tone deaf video about firing all those devs, my anger has decreased a little, and my friends are playing and really having a good time.

And I think great.

I think the WAR bashing has biased all your comprehension skills.

Please note that returning players will need to reactivate their accounts and update their billing information when they re-enlist. No purchase is required for the 10 free days, which begins upon reactivation. You may cancel at any time during your free play, after which the normal billing cycle will begin.

This is no different then some other games that have given out 10 days free. 
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #46 on: March 12, 2009, 11:08:35 AM

They should've also said that you can roll slayers and choppas come next week.

That graph was hilarious.

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: March 12, 2009, 11:21:44 AM

Righ of Order   

You are ordered by Karl Franz himself to return to the front lines! As a loyal soldier in the armies of Order, your strength is needed once again! There is no time for rest at rank 30. Brave the perilous dungeons and seek powerful new treasures. Your friends Kadesh, Amitlu and Renfield are still in the battle! Rise now, and bear the standard of Bat Country to the very heart of The Inevitable City! To arms, and to glory!

Who? Somebody bought the annual recurring billing option?
Gaelwen of Order

You are ordered by Karl Franz himself to return to the front lines! As a loyal soldier in the armies of Order, your strength is needed once again! There is no time for rest at rank 24. Speed your journey to the campaign with increased experience in Tier 3. Your allies are still in the battle! Rise now, and bear the banner of Order to the very heart of The Inevitable City! To arms, and to glory!
Same mail, but apparently my allies all left.

Also they're boasting about the increased speed of Tier 3 in my mail.  Guess Tier 4 still sucks. awesome, for real

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #48 on: March 12, 2009, 11:27:22 AM

Bueck of Destruction

You are ordered by Tchar'zanek himself to return to the front lines! As a loyal soldier in the armies of Destruction, your strength is needed once again! There is no time for rest at rank 16. Join in Public quests scaled to match population and skill. Your allies are still in the battle! Rise now, and bear the banner of Destruction to the very heart of Altdorf! To arms, and to glory!

Not a word about tier 2, hrm. I had no friends, so those allies are a mystery.

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: March 12, 2009, 11:28:21 AM

Please note that returning players will need to reactivate their accounts and update their billing information when they re-enlist. No purchase is required for the 10 free days, which begins upon reactivation. You may cancel at any time during your free play, after which the normal billing cycle will begin.

Maybe than some games, but what it should have been is "Click this link here to get 10 days free!", not "Enter your credit card so there's a chance you forget to cancel and we can legally rip you of fifteen bucks!" It resonates badly with people because it seems like a scamming attempt and makes Mythic look like one of the companies that do that kind of thing.

Really, if you intend to give away stuff that's perceived to be in fairly bad shape, don't be dicks about it.

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: March 12, 2009, 11:34:06 AM

Also, if you read carefully, when you cancel your free period they'll start your normal billing cycle.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #51 on: March 12, 2009, 11:46:10 AM

Quote from: MarkJacobsEA
Folks,
Oh, and as an FYI, once again our number of paying subs in NA went up again yesterday as did our PCU (even with backing out the trial accounts). These are undeniable facts, not spin.

Mark

To the day before yesterday, of course. /napoleondynamite GOSH!

Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: March 12, 2009, 11:49:52 AM

That was not part of the email I got.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #53 on: March 12, 2009, 11:52:14 AM

Actually, LOTRO didn't require a credit card from me until I actually activated my paid subscription. The 10-day free trial never asked for any type of payment.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: March 12, 2009, 11:52:58 AM

When I did the free trial for WoW before resubbing, all Blizzard made me do was log into my account and click 'apply trial'.  None of this credit card or subscription that you need to cancel foolishness.

Over and out.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #55 on: March 12, 2009, 11:55:09 AM

same for SWG and CoH (pretty sure)
Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: March 12, 2009, 12:02:47 PM

I don't recall having to use a CC for a EVE trial.
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: March 12, 2009, 12:05:11 PM

Not EQ2 nor AC1 required CC to try them either.

Edit:
In Turbine's case, you're even allowed to have multiple trials on the same account. I have three on my US account.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 12:08:01 PM by Tarami »

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #58 on: March 12, 2009, 12:10:09 PM

same for SWG and CoH (pretty sure)
The CoH free weekends don't require you to resub but those only last for 3ish days (Friday through server maint Monday morning).
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #59 on: March 12, 2009, 12:18:40 PM

Hehe, that's pretty damning.  Yet again the MMOG industry has changed and Mythic can't keep up.

"Me am play gods"
waffel
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: March 12, 2009, 12:29:49 PM

Mark said the PCU is based on each server.

However, you know damn well the PCU didn't go up on any of the 40+ servers that got closed down/merged.

Which means the only servers the PCU went up on are the ones that... ARE BEING MERGED TO.

Wow! Who would have thought?!?!

No spin my ass.
Jherad
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: March 12, 2009, 12:45:19 PM

I have no doubt that the subs blipped up a little after the 1.2 announcement, as I'd imagine they  do after every patch announcement.

Hence the cheeky graph (plus, I couldn't resist, for other reasons  why so serious? ).
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: March 12, 2009, 12:49:04 PM

That just screams professional.

Lol.  Just lol.  Those tools are the public face of that company.  That's got to be embarrassing

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: March 12, 2009, 12:53:20 PM

Paul Barnett and Mark Jacobs are on a collision course with wackiness in "Turdmunchers Go East!" the great new comedy from the risen Don Knotts and Nipsy Russell.

I can't stand to watch the whole thing. Please tell me they mentioned mail order brides.
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #64 on: March 12, 2009, 01:19:49 PM

This is far worse, I skipped the middle as I got bored stupid but a few great quotes in the first and last few minutes.

http://war-russia.ru/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=123&Itemid=55
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: March 12, 2009, 01:36:02 PM

And people wonder why that Putin fellow seems a little cranky and that Russia deserves more respect.

Jherad
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: March 12, 2009, 01:45:31 PM

I'd say MJ needs to stop talking where people can hear/read him - but that just leaves tweedledum and tweedledee.

Can they not get some professional PR?
waffel
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: March 12, 2009, 02:13:45 PM

Jesus christ hearing Mark talk makes me want to punch babies.

"I think we are on track to having a great system"
"I hope we've hit a home run with this system just as we have with things like the tomb of knowledge, public quests, and other things in our game that are really going to set a new standard for MMOs"

awesome, for real
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 02:21:12 PM by waffel »
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: March 12, 2009, 02:44:24 PM

I rather liked the Tomb of Knowledge...

Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #69 on: March 12, 2009, 02:55:26 PM

I liked the whole anti grinding section, way to go finding the point on a side element of the game and then totally missing it again on the main gameplay part.  Also the whole we aren't doing a recipe based crafting system, there's nothing wrong with recipe based crafting systems, but everybody does them so we want to be different.  How's game design based on standing out from the crowd, as opposed to actually working well, turning out?  I liked PVE players being mentioned further up the importance list than RVR players later on as well.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Server merges announced  
Jump to: