Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:20:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: The West (as of 3/09, Bat Country will be on World 8) 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 106 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The West (as of 3/09, Bat Country will be on World 8)  (Read 801924 times)
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #1750 on: April 22, 2009, 06:42:50 AM

It's amazing that these people haven't figured out that there is literally nothing at all they can do now to make us stop attacking them. They've shown that ceasefires and truces are meaningless because they can't be trusted. Why on earth would we ever stop attacking?
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #1751 on: April 22, 2009, 06:48:51 AM

We'll stop attacking eventually. Either they will ragequit and we'll be having those sweet ghost towns or we'll get bored of the game and yawnquit or we'll see the shiny of a new server where we can remake these characters forearmed with understanding of how the game plays. However, in the short term, there's always somewhere for our combatants to do some shanking or pop a few caps. Bonus.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #1752 on: April 22, 2009, 06:55:59 AM

They seem to be using Hlem's strategy of taking my hitpoints down low without knocking me out.

I'm sure I can manage to knock myself out somehow.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #1753 on: April 22, 2009, 06:56:56 AM

They aren't doing it on purpose, they just suck.  awesome, for real

edit: Remember - knocking yourself out doesn't give you 48 hours of immunity.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 06:59:00 AM by Reg »
DirtyBirdy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1754 on: April 22, 2009, 07:24:23 AM

Hello,

Nice reading.

First of all let me just say that I am really a nice guy, a gamer for the most part...apparently not as technically gifted as some of you, more of a player then anything else.  I understand that trash talking is juvenile, it's just fun.  I prefer a peaceful existence to anything else.  I have tried several different character classes, and different strategies to the game, and have come up with a decent understanding of what works and what doesn't.  And I think that we've gotten off to a bad start, in terms of our relationship with each other.  I understand that by coming to your 'turf' I stand to be ridiculed, pwned, owned, and violated in several different ways...but I felt that there should be some type of reasonable communication between our towns/communities.

As a 'pure' builder I have no means of defending myself, so I am forced to rely on the soldiers and duelers of my town to help in this regard.  Obviously by now some of you have figured out that specializing your character is the key to building a good character...it took me a few levels and testing different characters to figure it out myself.

The truth of the matter is that by knocking out builders you are actually working backwards.  In the sense that you give them 48hrs free reign to build in town, work their jobs(usually higher paying and giving more experience then other classes), where as if you are to knock out a soldier or a dueler you affect them considerably more.  What I mean is that true solders and duelers have access to the lower echelon of jobs, and tend to only make money and experience from dueling...so by knocking them out for 48hrs you restrict their ability to grow their character.  Or at least that is the theory.  Furthermore, by comparison fighting builders gives you much less experience, relative to what you would earn by fighting someone within range of your character.

That all being said, a continued conflict will not benefit either of us.  You'll attack us, we'll attack you...in the end the money lost will likely be about even.  Our town will stay larger then yours and we'll complete the build sooner...does that mean we win?  No.  After we complete our existing towns we'll likely start another, and another and so on, to help grow our community of players.  We'll continue to develop relationships with other towns, get in minor scuffles and the like, as that is the nature of the game.  In the end, the conflict between our towns can only end in a stalemate.  We've proven our ability as fighters, and you've proven your ability as tacticians...time to move on.

For the record, I am an adult player...and I apologize for the insults that I have sent some of you..or most of you:)  I am sure that you don't really smell like dirty diapers...well possibly with the exception of Hlem;).   

So...where do we go from here?  I suppose you could consider this an overture of peace from me.  Should you choose to accept it, I believe that we'll be able to nurture a mutually beneficial relationship in the not so distant future.  I will leave it up to y'all to figure out from here.

Cheers.
DB

PS - the spell check feature is a nice touch:)

I am here for a good time, not a long time.  So have a good time, the sun can't shine everyday.  - Trooper
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1755 on: April 22, 2009, 07:27:26 AM

Ohhhhh, I see.

I think that would have been a great post to make sometime before the last two truces that your side violated shortly after they were established.  At this point overtures of peace from the Copper collective come off a bit... hollow.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
DirtyBirdy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1756 on: April 22, 2009, 07:35:56 AM

Touche.

The reality of the situation is that regardless of what type of agreement is put in place there will be suspicions on both sides, as you are not innocent in this either.  Since this overture is coming directly from me, you would have my word that it would be upheld.  For the record I never agreed to any previous ceasefire or alliance.

I am here for a good time, not a long time.  So have a good time, the sun can't shine everyday.  - Trooper
gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #1757 on: April 22, 2009, 07:37:00 AM

Beg
DirtyBirdy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1758 on: April 22, 2009, 07:38:49 AM

Beg

I didn't come here to beg for anything, only to show you that I am a reasonable person.  I have offered you what I feel would be in the best interest of both towns, nothing more, nothing less.

Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #1759 on: April 22, 2009, 07:42:24 AM

And which one of you speaks for the Coppers?

We heard the same lines from Whitebrit.  See how well that worked out?

DirtyBirdy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1760 on: April 22, 2009, 07:45:53 AM

And which one of you speaks for the Coppers?

We heard the same lines from Whitebrit.  See how well that worked out?

I have the final say in all things regarding the town's.  Previously WhiteBrit had agreed to a truce with false intentions, I am not that type of player.  What you see is what you get. 

Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #1761 on: April 22, 2009, 07:47:16 AM

He said that too.
DirtyBirdy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1762 on: April 22, 2009, 07:49:38 AM

He said that too.

He shouldn't have.

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #1763 on: April 22, 2009, 07:51:31 AM

Where's the Ackbar pic?  A few pages back or so?  We need it again.
gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #1764 on: April 22, 2009, 07:53:13 AM

I have the final say in all things regarding the town's.  Previously WhiteBrit had agreed to a truce with false intentions, I am not that type of player.  What you see is what you get. 

So when you planned a false truce with the intentions of organizing an attack during that time. And posted "Operation Batnap" on your forums that was an illusion?
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #1765 on: April 22, 2009, 07:54:18 AM

That sounds more like your problem than ours.  As it stands we have no reason to believe anything Coppers put on the table.  If you allowed someone with no honest intentions to negotiate you are going to have to pay the price.  You could clean house or turn against them.  Hell, this may not even really be Dirtybirdy.  Lorekeep will have final say on anything we do.  Right now we have no real reason to stop.  We are not playing this game for the same reasons you are.  
DirtyBirdy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1766 on: April 22, 2009, 07:55:43 AM

I did not agree to a truce prior to posting anything in the forums.  Lorekeep can atest to that via the message received around that time.

gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #1767 on: April 22, 2009, 07:57:17 AM

I did not agree to a truce prior to posting anything in the forums.  Lorekeep can atest to that via the message received around that time.

You just claimed to be responsible for both towns. Are you responsible for both towns or are you not?
DirtyBirdy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1768 on: April 22, 2009, 08:01:24 AM

That sounds more like your problem than ours.  As it stands we have no reason to believe anything Coppers put on the table.  If you allowed someone with no honest intentions to negotiate you are going to have to pay the price.  You could clean house or turn against them.  Hell, this may not even really be Dirtybirdy.  Lorekeep will have final say on anything we do.  Right now we have no real reason to stop.  We are not playing this game for the same reasons you are.  

This is the real DB, I suppose there isn't anyway of really proving that to you...  

As far as paying the price is concerned,  both sides are paying the price for it.  The best reason for you to stop is to keep your players from getting knocked out consistently, as they are now.  

I will assume that you are playing this game for fun, which is the same reason I play it...if you aren't then I suppose I missed the mark completely.

gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #1769 on: April 22, 2009, 08:03:34 AM

We have no problem with the current situation you are attempting to broker a truce after showing repeatedly you are not trustworthy. You claim to have authority over both towns yet deny responsibility for their actions that you actively supported.
DirtyBirdy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1770 on: April 22, 2009, 08:04:02 AM

You just claimed to be responsible for both towns. Are you responsible for both towns or are you not?

I am.  WhiteBrit agreed to the original offering without my knowledge, when I learned of what was tabled I messaged Lorekeep with my thoughts on the matter...

Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #1771 on: April 22, 2009, 08:04:18 AM

Not good enough.  If you want us to stop you must motivate us with something we care about.  
gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #1772 on: April 22, 2009, 08:06:04 AM

I am.  WhiteBrit agreed to the original offering without my knowledge, when I learned of what was tabled I messaged Lorekeep with my thoughts on the matter...

So what are you offering to make amends for your admitted deceptive and grimy actions?
DirtyBirdy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1773 on: April 22, 2009, 08:07:43 AM

What you care about?  Feathery pillows and chocolate candy?  The offer is there, take it or leave it.

gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #1774 on: April 22, 2009, 08:09:19 AM

So you are offering nothing.
DirtyBirdy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1775 on: April 22, 2009, 08:09:36 AM

So what are you offering to make amends for your admitted deceptive and grimy actions?

You are not in any position to speak of deceptive actions?  uh...'Fell'...?

Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #1776 on: April 22, 2009, 08:11:31 AM

What you care about?  Feathery pillows and chocolate candy?  The offer is there, take it or leave it.

Hookers. And blow.

- Viin
gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #1777 on: April 22, 2009, 08:12:08 AM

Im not asking you for anything. You came here seeking a truce. Offering nothing and have demonstrated that you are not trustworthy. What possible motivation would we have to deal with you?
DirtyBirdy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1778 on: April 22, 2009, 08:12:51 AM

So you are offering nothing.

The offer is the beginning of peaceful relations.  We would have to start somewhere.

gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #1779 on: April 22, 2009, 08:14:02 AM

Tribute is a good place to start.
DirtyBirdy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1780 on: April 22, 2009, 08:16:21 AM

Im not asking you for anything. You came here seeking a truce. Offering nothing and have demonstrated that you are not trustworthy. What possible motivation would we have to deal with you?

I have not demonstrated that I am not trustworthy in the slightest.  I made my intentions clear to your leadership from the beginning.  As I said, a truce/ceasefire benefits your town as well as ours, which should be motivation enough.

Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #1781 on: April 22, 2009, 08:18:25 AM

I have not demonstrated that I am not trustworthy in the slightest.  I made my intentions clear to your leadership from the beginning.  As I said, a truce/ceasefire benefits your town as well as ours, which should be motivation enough.

I don't think you understand.

We don't *want* a truce/ceasefire. We are perfectly happy with how things are today.

You will have to convince us that a truce/ceasefire would be more interesting for us.

- Viin
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #1782 on: April 22, 2009, 08:21:15 AM

He'll primarily have to convince Lorekeep, but this may give an indication of what Lorekeep's hearing from the peasants. :)

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
DirtyBirdy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1783 on: April 22, 2009, 08:24:17 AM

I would have thought that knocking everyone in your town out twice over, if not more would have been enough to convince you.  But that isn't the case...you are certainly stubborn.

I have made the offer, your choice as to whether you accept it or not.  In the end you will think that you won, and we'll think the samething..we'll have you knocked out time and again, you'll do the same to a certain degree.  

gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #1784 on: April 22, 2009, 08:25:29 AM

Negotiation 101. You desire something (a truce). We are perfectly happy with the current situation. What are you offering us to get what you want? We dont like you. You have verbally and sexually assaulted our members in your thread. We suspect you may be a pedophile of some type. You are dishonest. It would probably be best to directly speak to Lorekeep.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 106 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: The West (as of 3/09, Bat Country will be on World 8)  
Jump to: