Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:58:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: The West (as of 3/09, Bat Country will be on World 8) 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 106 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The West (as of 3/09, Bat Country will be on World 8)  (Read 807248 times)
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #1645 on: April 20, 2009, 09:08:07 AM

Jannokas just attacked me and I destroyed him for 240 dmg.  I don't have time to go to their town right now but you can finish him if you're already there.

Okie.

- Viin
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #1646 on: April 20, 2009, 09:25:28 AM

Get fell into our town so they know for certain. :)

I'm almost out of energy and ready to reassume my throne.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #1647 on: April 20, 2009, 09:30:24 AM

Nobody was around to invite so i joined a pissant town deep west. Toss me an invite and ill leave and rejoin.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1648 on: April 20, 2009, 09:31:34 AM

Welcome back, Musha
YEA BABY

THE NOODLE IS BACK

Welcome back!   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

After their crowing that "several" members of BC have been banned, I bet the reactions on their forum will be priceless when the one guy who they did manage to get temporarily removed shows up and resumes raping face.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #1649 on: April 20, 2009, 09:57:50 AM

What level do I have to be to join in the carnage?  I'm kind of digging this game.  Point on a circle and afk for an hour!

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1650 on: April 20, 2009, 10:00:42 AM

What level do I have to be to join in the carnage?  I'm kind of digging this game.  Point on a circle and afk for an hour!

It's easy to join.

It's SO EASY to join.

(edit) Once you join, prepare to be gangraped regularly.  As long as you regularly dump all your cash into the bank/treasury, though, it's a minor inconvenience at worst.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #1651 on: April 20, 2009, 10:01:58 AM

I guess I mean what level will I be able to do more than die a lot?  No point in joining if I'm just going to be perma KO'ed. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1652 on: April 20, 2009, 10:04:16 AM

I guess I mean what level will I be able to do more than die a lot?  No point in joining if I'm just going to be perma KO'ed. 

Around level 10 is where you start to be useful, I'd say.  People can only duel within something like 7 levels of their own dueling level, so if you're level 6 then a level 13 is the highest level that can attack you.  If you're going for a combat-oriented build, you can probably start being useful straight away by picking on their lower-level worker types; if you're going worker/adventurer, your usefulness at low levels is more a function of how much moneys you can make and put into the treasury for the higher level workers to build with.

(edit) Being perma-KOed is a fine state to be in for a worker type since it gives you immunity from duelling with very little downside.  It's only a handicap if you're a combat type and you depend on dueling for your livelihood.  But they've shown themselves to be pretty bad at KOing our combat types anyway.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #1653 on: April 20, 2009, 10:08:05 AM

Thanks.  I'm messing with being an adventurer type right now.  I'll send a telegram to Lore when I hit level 10 or so. 

-  Mark Twain
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1654 on: April 20, 2009, 10:09:23 AM

I already sent you an invite, so you can join any time you want.

I learned to speak to an octopus!

Kamen
Terracotta Army

Reply #1655 on: April 20, 2009, 10:21:21 AM

After their crowing that "several" members of BC have been banned, I bet the reactions on their forum will be priceless when the one guy who they did manage to get temporarily removed shows up and resumes raping face.
At which point they'll start complaining about dev favoritism or some such.  They are stupidly predictable.

I see the thread on world 8 is gone.  Pity, watching Dirty Bird make a public fool of himself was hilarious.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #1656 on: April 20, 2009, 10:32:34 AM

I see that aside from a couple of New Avalon newbies all of their allies that were attacking us are gone.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #1657 on: April 20, 2009, 10:33:41 AM

They indicated they wanted a truce. I told them if I don't see any New Avalon attacks after a week, I'd consider saying "Alright, we don't care about you." New Avalon ain't worth it.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #1658 on: April 20, 2009, 10:34:38 AM

They can take my money, but they can't take my xp.  Whenever my immunity wears off, I head out to do high XP, low money work.  Invariably I get killed within a few hours.  So then I rest up and go back to high wage jobs.  Rinse, repeat.  

I originally was going to go pure trapper, but I've got to do something different to defend myself a little better.  Where is best to put my future points?  Should I diversify between dodge, toughness, reflexes and tactics?  Or should I pump one of those up as best I can.  I don't go looking for duels, but when one comes to me I want to be able to fight back.  
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #1659 on: April 20, 2009, 10:53:46 AM

I'll join soon too.  I'm still a pissant though, I think.  I am disappointed that I can't run away screaming from a duel, though.  It's what I'm best at!

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1660 on: April 20, 2009, 11:02:59 AM

They indicated they wanted a truce. I told them if I don't see any New Avalon attacks after a week, I'd consider saying "Alright, we don't care about you." New Avalon ain't worth it.

No no no.

They must change their flag to this:

THEN we don't care about them.

gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #1661 on: April 20, 2009, 11:13:51 AM

Dirtybirdy is sending me sniveling telegrams but blocked me so i cant respond. huh
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1662 on: April 20, 2009, 11:16:15 AM

Serves ye right, ye bluidy SPY!

I really wish you'd held on long enough for us to get the reactions to Gyoza's reappearance.  We never got that much useful intel out of them (intel is only useful against an enemy who has a coherent strategy), but the private BAWWWWWing was entertaining.

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #1663 on: April 20, 2009, 11:22:47 AM

Don't we have low level guys that could apply for membership ?

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #1664 on: April 20, 2009, 11:24:19 AM

I guess it does deplete energy when you have a duel interrupted by hotel.  Heartbreak
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #1665 on: April 20, 2009, 11:36:32 AM

I guess it does deplete energy when you have a duel interrupted by hotel.  Heartbreak
Of the attacker ? Yes. I think so.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1666 on: April 20, 2009, 11:46:42 AM

AWESOME.

This explains why they don't even take shots at me when I'm in hotel-sniping mode any more.  I had a lot of trouble getting KOed last night because they were all scared to touch me until I'd been sitting out in the open for a full hour.   Heart

Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #1667 on: April 20, 2009, 11:48:19 AM

I don't understand how that works.

If someone tries to duel a person while they are sleeping, it depletes their energy as a duel would?

(I've never initiated a duel).
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1668 on: April 20, 2009, 11:51:55 AM

You can't initiate a duel while someone is sleeping, but the duel takes 10 minutes to "resolve" after you initiate it (like a job).  So if they go to sleep in that intervening 10 minutes, the duel is cancelled, and you apparently lose the 12 energy it cost to initiate the duel.

Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #1669 on: April 20, 2009, 11:53:21 AM

But you can duel someone when they're on a job, so you schedule naps and work in odd intervals?
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #1670 on: April 20, 2009, 11:53:25 AM

Oh nice. I think I got Cody like that.

Yeah, easily sploited mechanics.

Kamen
Terracotta Army

Reply #1671 on: April 20, 2009, 12:08:05 PM

Yeah, I got two or three to waste energy attempting to duel me today also.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1672 on: April 20, 2009, 01:07:15 PM

But you can duel someone when they're on a job, so you schedule naps and work in odd intervals?

In my case, I schedule naps and duels in perfectly timed 10 minute intervals.  This way I burn through my energy quickly (duels eat energy faster than jobs) while remaining immune to retaliation (I'm only vulnerable to duel initiation while I have a duel queued, and my duel is always going to be over before any duels queued against me finish).  Once I'm down to really low energy, I let myself get KOed and go back to jobbing.  It's a flawless system.

"Perfectly timed" actually makes it sound tougher than it is, because the queueing system takes care of most of that for you.   why so serious?

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #1673 on: April 20, 2009, 02:04:08 PM

Back in. Sam, schild, can you promote me back to Founder please?

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1674 on: April 20, 2009, 02:07:19 PM

Done. 

Did you see my post about New Avalon?   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #1675 on: April 20, 2009, 02:09:46 PM

Yeah. Feel free to keep wailing on New Avalon. I'll tell them my town disagreed with the leadership and that's why I was a pariah for 24 hours.

Also, General Store 5 HOOOOO!

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1676 on: April 20, 2009, 02:11:25 PM

Did you tell them about the flag?  I'm serious about that.   why so serious?  Tell them we'll lay off their non-combatives if they lay off ours and they keep that as their flag.  But if they ever take down the flag we have given them or attack our squishies, all bets are off.

Assuming the rest of the horde agrees.  I think making them do something stupid and permanent extracts as much entertainment as we'd get from continuing to beat on them.  If they agree we can just find someone else to beat on and get them to do something else stupid.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 02:13:57 PM by Samwise »

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #1677 on: April 20, 2009, 02:19:32 PM

We can just find someone else to beat on and get them to do something else stupid.
Like starting a forum war with schild/f13 ?  awesome, for real

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1678 on: April 20, 2009, 02:25:41 PM

We can just find someone else to beat on and get them to do something else stupid.
Like starting a forum war with schild/f13 ?  awesome, for real

God I want them to start another thread.  That was epic.  Boo on the mods over there for deleting it instead of locking it for posterity.   swamp poop

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #1679 on: April 20, 2009, 02:29:12 PM

I want to start getting more active F13 members into the town. I've moved Residences 6 down a bit since we still have open slots, but who all needs an invite? Doesn't matter what your level is.

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 106 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: The West (as of 3/09, Bat Country will be on World 8)  
Jump to: