Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:10:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: The West (as of 3/09, Bat Country will be on World 8) 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 106 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The West (as of 3/09, Bat Country will be on World 8)  (Read 802162 times)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #1365 on: April 16, 2009, 12:31:12 PM

Of course it's a trap.  Does anyone here really think it's not?  It was too easy.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #1366 on: April 16, 2009, 01:15:17 PM

Falc, we're going to build residences here soon and get more people in. Trammel is going to be our non-F13 town where we put the PUGs so if you want to help out there you can. We can swap out teh 25th slot if you need town access as well.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
schild
Administrator

Reply #1367 on: April 16, 2009, 01:18:55 PM

Crazy Fingers continues to hunt me.

He's allied with Copper Creek.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #1368 on: April 16, 2009, 01:24:26 PM

Yeah but what town is he in? It's clear that they have communication issues.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
schild
Administrator

Reply #1369 on: April 16, 2009, 01:26:03 PM

Eagle Point.
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #1370 on: April 16, 2009, 01:28:21 PM

I was beaten quite soundly by Ullstein of Copper Springs. I guess truce is one way.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1371 on: April 16, 2009, 01:30:20 PM

I was beaten quite soundly by Ullstein of Copper Springs. I guess truce is one way.

I think Lorekeep should ask for Ullstein to be kicked immediately.  Zero tolerance for this shit.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #1372 on: April 16, 2009, 01:32:21 PM

I sent Ullstein a polite telegram a couple of hours ago after he attacked me letting him know we had a ceasefire and asking him to talk to his town leaders about it. Since then he's attacked 2 or 3 more of us and I haven't had a reply. I'd say he's getting into deserves to be kicked out of his town territory at this point.
sidereal
Contributor

Reply #1373 on: April 16, 2009, 02:50:06 PM

If the truce collapsed I wouldn't be the saddest person in the world.  I just bought my muzzle loader and have a +12 shooting neckband.

I would have documentation set aside for the Copper allies, though, to make it entirely clear that they are the ones who are the ball lickers.  Maybe we can usurp their alliances.

THIS IS THE MOST I HAVE EVERY WANTED TO GET IN TO A BETA
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #1374 on: April 16, 2009, 03:14:35 PM

Whitebrit just messaged me. If he attacks tomorrow, I'm going to ask for him to be kicked since he isn't respecting their leadership.

Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #1375 on: April 16, 2009, 03:17:12 PM

I've just been talking to Ullstein. In his first message he told me that there was nothing about a ceasefire in any of the town forums. So I told him to confirm it with Whitebrit. A few minutes later I got a reply from him telling me that he'd heard back from Whitebrit and was discontinuing his attacks.  He also told me that he'd posted on his town forums asking the town leaders what's up.

I'm guessing things are a little chaotic over there right now.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1376 on: April 16, 2009, 03:18:01 PM

What the fuck is wrong with these chowderheads?

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #1377 on: April 16, 2009, 03:18:23 PM

I'd bet good money that they're saying that you gents begged for peace.

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1378 on: April 16, 2009, 03:19:35 PM

If so, it'd be interesting to see how they reconcile that with kicking High and Cody, and giving us free access to their shops.   awesome, for real

Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #1379 on: April 16, 2009, 03:20:02 PM

What the fuck is wrong with these chowderheads?

Other than their habit of abjectly surrendering to towns half their size you mean?
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #1380 on: April 16, 2009, 03:21:48 PM

Could always escalate our demands and find out for sure...

AKA Gyoza
Kamen
Terracotta Army

Reply #1381 on: April 16, 2009, 03:52:01 PM

Could always escalate our demands and find out for sure...

My mule endorses this message and/or product.
sidereal
Contributor

Reply #1382 on: April 16, 2009, 03:55:58 PM

I'm done questing, so I'm going to go hover in Copper Springs menacingly

THIS IS THE MOST I HAVE EVERY WANTED TO GET IN TO A BETA
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #1383 on: April 16, 2009, 03:58:41 PM

I stand in awe of our shitty luck with 'random' shop item distribution.
schild
Administrator

Reply #1384 on: April 16, 2009, 04:07:09 PM

Yea. That was horrible.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #1385 on: April 16, 2009, 04:16:09 PM

DirtyBirdy     Today at 1:14 AM
Hello,

There have been several posts in my forums about there being a ceasefire between our towns...which is odd since I am the leader of my town and have received no such message from you, or anyone else in your town.

The simple fact of the matter is that your members attacked us, specifically our builders. So we took that as an invitation for war...a war in which you have no chance of winning. We have obliged your fighters and have done our part in ensuring a steady stream of knock outs on your end.

Until I receive an appropriate apology for your towns transgressions there will be no ceasefire. I trust you understand my position, as I do understand yours.

Keep in mind that there will be no further relationship between our towns, I would only agree to down grade you from priority target to neutral...meaning that only your duelers and soldiers would be fought through the natural progression of game play.

Cheers.
DB

----

awesome, for real One thing after another...

----

Lorekeep     Today at 1:48 AM
You share names with a town that started a conflict that brought yourself and your allies into. We kicked their ass, and they asked for a cease fire. They agreed to our terms and we aren't promoting anymore hostilities til you decided to rock the boat.

If WhiteBrit doesn't speak for you and have your best interests in heart, then maybe your two towns shouldn't be acting as if you are one, because the impression I am getting now is that you only share a name and nothing else.

Moreover, I'm sure your larger allies who you claim to be in bed with would be happy to know that your smaller alliance is a clusterfuck being put to task by a bunch of upstarts like ourselves.

The transgressions are yours, if only because you Coppers are considered one and not individuals. There will be no apology. I'm not interested in your perspective of who wins, because its your opinion what the win condition is. But if you're going to insist on acting as a separate agent from Copper Creek, then I'm going to insist you change your town's name and break off from your alliance with them.

Regardless, it seems Whitebrit and his people were making diplomatic decisions for you that they had no authority to. Awesome!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 04:21:40 PM by Lorekeep »

schild
Administrator

Reply #1386 on: April 16, 2009, 04:18:38 PM

Wow. How awesome.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1387 on: April 16, 2009, 04:20:37 PM

(For those who don't want to go look it up, DirtyBirdy is the founder of Copper Springs.)

So Lorekeep, are you going to talk to WhiteBrit, or are we just going to start raping Copper Springs?  My 48 hours is up tonight and it'd be good to know whether I'm killing or being killed.

(edit) If you haven't written back to DB yet, I would tell him that we attacked them because High Lander had spoken on CS's behalf and said that all of the Coppers had declared war on us.  And that we've stopped attacking them now because WhiteBrit has again spoken on CS's behalf and negotiated a surrender.  I would further inquire whether the Copper Creek people are in fact authorized to speak for CS in this way.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 04:23:44 PM by Samwise »

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #1388 on: April 16, 2009, 04:22:16 PM

We're going to ask Copper Creek to attack Copper Springs or the deal is off. They are either with us or with them.

To WhiteBrit:

Lorekeep     Today at 1:51 AM
I'm sorry but if you weren't speaking for Copper Springs, that changes things quite a bit. I'm going to ask you now to make one decision, which modifies part 4 of the contract: Help us out against Copper Springs, or the deal's off.

Separate negotiation lines are going to be opened with the Eagle's, Legion, and others. If Copper Springs continues to be the aggressor, I want them cut off from their allies. I made a deal with the Coppers, and Dirty doesn't seem to want to see things your way.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 04:30:03 PM by Lorekeep »

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1389 on: April 16, 2009, 04:24:17 PM

YES.  Copper civil war!

Popcorn

(edit) Lorekeep, ffs try to make it clearer in your posts who you're talking to and what the boundaries between messages are.  Maybe use quote tags or something?  It looks from your post like you sent the first message to WhiteBrit, when I'm pretty sure you sent it to DB.  And I guess the bottom part went to WhiteBrit?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 04:26:01 PM by Samwise »

Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #1390 on: April 16, 2009, 04:24:59 PM

I say smoke Copper Springs.  Tell Whitbrit they rejected the deal.  If Copper Creek people stay out they get left alone, Copper Springs burns.  Also mention to Whitebrit that he may want to distance himself from Springs as a sister town and friend or ally.  He should also tell the Eagles about the breakdown and see if they will get off our backs or not.  

What makes the grass grow?

BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD!
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #1391 on: April 16, 2009, 04:28:17 PM

YES.  Copper civil war!

Popcorn

(edit) Lorekeep, ffs try to make it clearer in your posts who you're talking to and what the boundaries between messages are.  Maybe use quote tags or something?  It looks from your post like you sent the first message to WhiteBrit, when I'm pretty sure you sent it to DB.  And I guess the bottom part went to WhiteBrit?

Sorry, I'll quote it. That entire message was sent to Whitebrit.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1392 on: April 16, 2009, 04:29:11 PM

YES.  Copper civil war!

Popcorn

Sorry, I'll quote it. That entire message was sent to Whitebrit.

Then why the fuck does part of the message say "if WhiteBrit doesn't speak for you..."Huh

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #1393 on: April 16, 2009, 04:30:30 PM

Because I'm an idiot. >< And sent my response to Whitebrit without sending DB's message. I fixed it and sent WhiteBrit DB's mail.

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #1394 on: April 16, 2009, 04:42:52 PM

WhiteBrit     Today at 2:05 AM
He never read the message I sent him, I have talked to him on msn and all is sorted now, I am sorry for this minor upset, I hope all is ok again now?

I asked to hear it from Dirty.

Edit: I take a purposely aggressive tone because I don't care if they launch a war against us. It gives you guys something to do.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 04:45:32 PM by Lorekeep »

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1395 on: April 16, 2009, 04:48:13 PM

Cody and High are still in Copper Creek.  Isn't the 24 hours up by now?

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #1396 on: April 16, 2009, 04:51:02 PM

My patience is running thin with these guys. One more major fuck-up and I'm done.

"1hr 6min for Cody and 1h 12min for HL!"

I've encountered this before. If someone donates money to the Treasury, it looks like the leader can't boot them for 24 hours. Or maybe they just joined the town.

So by tomorrow morning if we still have problems...
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 04:57:44 PM by Lorekeep »

Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #1397 on: April 16, 2009, 05:06:35 PM

On my way to copper springs.  My cooldown is up at 6:39 server, which is about 4 hours from this post.  Let me know when to open fire.  I'll be idling in chatzy.

AKA Gyoza
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #1398 on: April 16, 2009, 05:12:25 PM

We'll see. I'm on good speaking terms with Legion, one of the mega alliances, but the Eagles have been real quiet.

They have the motto "If you have a problem with one of us, you have a problem with all five." Well what happens if one of them develops a problem with us? Does that make it all their problems, or only until I have a problem with that one?

I've figured out how to isolate and defeat the Eagles... don't have a problem with killing them!

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #1399 on: April 16, 2009, 05:19:51 PM

Copper Springs is to be treated as KOS and a separate entity from Copper Creek.

DirtyBirdy     Today at 2:44 AM
lol...all I read was blahblahblah come knock us out some more.

You are in no position to dictate terms...you aren't in a position to do anything but sit there and get knocked the f*ck out every 48hrs.

Your best bet would have been to accept responsibility for this little mess as it would have given you an opportunity to bow out gracefully...now there will be no such option given to you again.

The fact that our towns don't share the same diplomacy doesn't make us unco-ordinated. The fact that you are so defiant makes funny...

Cheers.

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 106 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: The West (as of 3/09, Bat Country will be on World 8)  
Jump to: