Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:21:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: The West (as of 3/09, Bat Country will be on World 8) 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 106 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The West (as of 3/09, Bat Country will be on World 8)  (Read 801979 times)
gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #1295 on: April 15, 2009, 11:19:54 AM

They don't really talk i believe im in the lesser of the two towns. Its seriously like "OMG VIIN KILLED ME!" bunch of people swear vengeance. No mention of any conversations or what is actually going on. Bat Country is listed as a priority with the 3 other towns they are not allies with. Somebody invite me so i can dump 1,300 and delete the character  ACK! I will instantly leave.
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #1296 on: April 15, 2009, 11:35:47 AM

Workers impact their cash flow. If they are killed mid-work, they lose the money from doing the construction, any money on them, and can't build for 8 hours at the least. It's hurting their town's wallet overall.

More importantly, while they are killing our workers, I may as well kill theirs. Until my dueling level goes too high, its very good XP for me to squat in their hotel and snipe their workers. So good that I may as well do it whenever we're at war and I have sufficient dueling motivation to win fights.

The Legion guys aren't obsessed or anything. One dueled me within three seconds of me dropping out of the hotel to snipe. That's still three seconds too late if I'm sniping one person, but they must be refreshing constantly.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #1297 on: April 15, 2009, 11:38:05 AM

Either refreshing constantly or running a macro. Given how many people out there cheat with alts I wouldn't be shocked if they were macroing too.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #1298 on: April 15, 2009, 11:54:14 AM

Got knocked out by 480 damage in one duel. Can we please get a precise gun on the next upgrade after the next upgrade to our gunsmith ?

edit: I also dropped enough money for 2 hours of contruction into the bank, gid tu wurk, peons.  awesome, for real
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 11:58:45 AM by Der Helm »

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #1299 on: April 15, 2009, 12:01:47 PM

You can queue up a duel from a motel and instantly re-enter. Ive had some pretty fast reactions to me leaving a hotel. The interface tends to lag behind as well even if you spammed it. 75% of our town is KO'd  Heartbreak

Its not just the gun its your stats compared to theirs. Both offensive and defensive.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #1300 on: April 15, 2009, 12:03:00 PM

Its not just the gun its your stats compared to theirs. Both offensive and defensive.
Yeah, I started a conversation with the guy who knocked me out, maybe he tells me how high his aim rating is. smiley

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #1301 on: April 15, 2009, 12:10:04 PM

The gear disparity is huge just their hat and chest is usually like 5 levels worth of stats difference.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #1302 on: April 15, 2009, 12:11:16 PM

I created a chat room on Chatzy:

http://www.chatzy.com/527834729325

Password is BC spelled out, all one word, all lowercase.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 12:27:21 PM by Viin »

- Viin
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #1303 on: April 15, 2009, 12:27:48 PM

Pyjamas     Today at 9:05 PM
lol - hiya Lore :)

Nothing personal of course. We got word that one of our allies builders were being KO'd constantly and sent aid. Of course there's 2 sides to every conflict, and almost always a 'who it started first' debate, but it's really not my place to get involved.

I was told they have been trying to settle this peacefully but that you had been refusing. Agian, I dont want to get into a 'he said/she said'.

It's up to you guys to decide how you are going to deal.

Might I suggest a NAP between builder attacks? That always seems to smooth things over.

Whatever you decide, I wish you the best of luck.

Cheers :)

Lorekeep     Today at 9:54 PM
No, they tried to settle it by being intimidating and threatening us indirectly with allies if we didn't see things their way. They don't care if they are hypocrites and honestly they are crying foul because we're beating them at their own game.

Yeah ain't nothing personal, except with the Coppers. But, here's what happened: Multiple Coppers attacked our town multiple times. We put them on an internal KOS list. One of our guys attacked one of their builders. Their Sheriff, Cody sent a message to me while I was out of town (in real life) about the incident. Instead of waiting for a response, they launched a full fledged attack. So we fought back. There wasn't any "We'll only KO what we lost or take the XP you gained" type deal from them, there was only total war.

I talked to High Lander, he said, to pharphase, but logs are available upon request, "Kneel before Zod." I said, to paraphrase, "Fuck You" (because while we were moving towards some kind of agreement involving "No worker attacks, go ahead and attack duelers", then reached said agreement, he renigged on the deal, kept demanding our people, then had the gall to demand an apology, WHILE NEGOTIATIONS WERE TAKING PLACE), and he didn't really care because they were dominating us at that point. He had no control over his people; his leadership skills were nil.

Then we got a gunsmith upgrade and started beating the crap out of their duelers and their workers. They got real quiet after that.

Cue you being brought in because we refused to bow to their will until they showed some respect.

You know, if you want to ally with us against the Coppers, that'd be awesome, but I don't know your prior relationship. I only say that because those Coppers ain't all that. I'm not going to call you in casually like these guys seem to want to.

We don't care if all of The West comes down on us because of this. We're already used to the idea of being knocked out every 48 hours. It isn't going to keep us from playing. Underdogs have the most fun.

--

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong anywhere.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #1304 on: April 15, 2009, 12:34:37 PM

As long as the Coppers continue to be upset about getting knocked out every 48 hours and we aren't we really can't lose. I think it's important that we keep on smacking the Coppers and leave their allies alone for a few days. If we make it obvious that all they're doing is helping a so-called ally who can't even defend themselves from a smaller town I think the political situation might change.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #1305 on: April 15, 2009, 12:37:51 PM

I'm willing to talk to their allies like civilized human beings. But the Coppers get nothing from us. Nothing.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #1306 on: April 15, 2009, 12:59:57 PM

Holy shit. I should make my guy StDrahcir a dueler.  That shit sounds like fun!  What should I spec?  I'm level 12 w/ barely anything specced.

I have an adventurer on World 4... so I'm up for anything.  What you guys need more of?

Chinchila - LaRoche Server, APB
Drahcir - 50 Captain/GM Weaponsmith, LoTRO Silverlode (Retired)
St Drahcir - 7xMage, UO Chesapeake (Retired)
Chinchilla Dakilla - Barbarian R50, Shadowbane (Retired)
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #1307 on: April 15, 2009, 01:06:33 PM

Well the legion guys destroyed me.  I guess I won't get Sarah this time.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #1308 on: April 15, 2009, 01:08:48 PM

We need fighters.

Sutro
Terracotta Army

Reply #1309 on: April 15, 2009, 01:09:13 PM

My recommendation, having looked over everything, would be a melee-based soldier with a 2:1 strength - charisma stat ratio. If I were to ratio out point assignments, it would be 2 vigor 2 aim 1 toughness 1 tactics 1 appearance.

(i.e., every level you just move through that rotation - 2 vigor, 1 aim for one level; 1 aim, 1 toughness, 1 tactics next level; 1 appearance, 2 vigor... you get it, right?)

Should keep you at a high enough base strength to participate in some town construction; you've got enough skills to do a few jobs, and you're just a dueling beast. The tactics bonus soldiers get is *huge* when defending.

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #1310 on: April 15, 2009, 01:15:39 PM

When Forts go into the game, Soldiers will be more important. For now, we can't force them to fight our soldiers.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1311 on: April 15, 2009, 01:18:50 PM

We can't force them, but since they seem hell bent on attacking all of us, I think they will anyway, even if it means incapping themselves.  They're not very bright.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #1312 on: April 15, 2009, 02:29:46 PM

From Copper Creek's Founder:

WhiteBrit     Today at 11:36 PM
Alliance?

Shameful to call in alliances I admit but we couldn't beat you in a dueling contest so we did what we had to...

Can we keep it cool between us?

I will be first to appolgise for all attacks on your builders, I am sorry.

--

I'm thinking of responding with the following. I'll be sending this depending on majority response.

"As much as I have some respect for your kind words earlier, I have none for any of your subordinates. You are the weak. You will be eaten. You should respect that we're playing the game by your rules. I have absolutely no animosity or even seek to lash out against your allies for coming to your aid. If they can't see the truth of the situation then we're not going to punish them for it. Unlike your crew, I'm going to talk to them and stay in open communication with them without sending my guys after them. If my guys do go after them, I'm going to tell them to stop until it's clear diplomacy will fail.

Your agents High Lander and Cody started all this. They attacked before waiting to hear a response from us. They kept attacking while we were talking, and broke an agreement they made within 24 hours of it being made. The troubles we face are on their heads. Kick High Lander and Cody McGyver from your town and don't let them back into any of your Copper towns or your larger Alliance network. Then we'll stop all attacks. Hell, we might even be friends. Might. I can't speak for the rest in my crew. But that's better than saying  we MIGHT stop attacks, as High Lander would like to put it."

--

I thought WhiteBrit was the leader of Copper Springs and was a separate town from Copper Creek. Turns out Copper Creek is the town he founded. Oops. But everything that happened from his underlings becomes the leader's problem. That's why I hope you guys understand if I kick your ass if you do something to make me look bad. :P

I understand this is a little out of character for the "Kill Them All, Let God Sort Them Out" tone we've been having, but it sounds like the leader is starting to show some humility, and my beef isn't really with him, especially if he's taking responsibility. I'll talk to him in a normal tone like I would his allies. It's the arrogant sonsabitches that are under him that I say to hell and high water with.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 02:32:35 PM by Lorekeep »

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1313 on: April 15, 2009, 02:36:22 PM

I would remove "You are the weak.  You will be eaten."  Or maybe work it into the next sentence parenthetically.  He might be too dense to realize that you're simply parroting back his own town's motto and take it as a threat.  tongue

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #1314 on: April 15, 2009, 02:39:45 PM

Shameful to call in alliances I admit but we couldn't beat you in a dueling contest so we did what we had to...

So here he admits that he couldn't beat a smaller town and HAD to call in his overwhelmingly powerful allies. Personally I'd be satisfied if he made that admission public say by putting it on his town signs for a week or two in exchange for an end to hostilities. But maybe I'm going to easy on them...
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #1315 on: April 15, 2009, 02:43:00 PM

Umm... I am playing this game. 
Already seems much more appealing than Ikariam.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #1316 on: April 15, 2009, 02:51:34 PM

Lorekeep, if your answer hits more than a paragraph, it won't be read. Should also try to keep it under 40 words.

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #1317 on: April 15, 2009, 02:56:16 PM

Yea that and instead of asking for dudes to be booted, ask for relinquishing one of their towns to us.  They're far more likely to capitulate to that than boot one of their friends.  Even if they say no, so what.  If they say yes, then it's something tangible that they can't take back.  After all, even if they did boot them, they could just invite them back, or they'd roll alts.  Not that any of that matters to us if they stop attacking.  But being as they have so many towns and such, it might just be easier for them to give one up and start again than continue fighting us.

But with that said, don't settle for their noob town, get springs.

AKA Gyoza
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #1318 on: April 15, 2009, 02:57:39 PM

Tribute!

"Me am play gods"
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1319 on: April 15, 2009, 02:59:01 PM

Offer both options IMO.  Say that you've talked it over with your people (who you should subtly imply are a gang of bloodthirsty maniacs that you hold the leash on), and that some of them think the fuckheads should be booted, while others think that an entire town should be ceded to us.  He can decide for himself what's more palatable.

Sadly tribute is not possible (other than in the form of an entire town, or perhaps offering sacrificial cash cows) because there's no way to exchange money or goods, and although nuggets can be swapped the TOS makes any attempt to extort them a bannable offense.

Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #1320 on: April 15, 2009, 03:15:00 PM

A sort of tribute is available.  They are required whenever we wish (reasonable time allowances) to invite us into any of their towns so we can make purchases and leave!
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #1321 on: April 15, 2009, 03:22:58 PM

Coppers just called a cease fire from their town and all alliances until they get my response. I think they're going to read more than 40 words.

Get on Chatzy if you have a vested interest in seeing what happens.

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #1322 on: April 15, 2009, 04:22:32 PM

Level 6 now, my early grinding to level 2 payed off with items for 3 quests back to back, yay me.

Can I get an invite on Boondoggle please?

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #1323 on: April 15, 2009, 04:31:53 PM

We're full. We'll have residence space soon.

-----------

Here's the response:

After much discussion, we've come to four items we want you to accept before we stop. If you agree, we will cease all hostilities. If someone from our town attacks, it is a mistake unless one of these four items was violated (which will be preceded with a 24 hour notice), and you should talk to me first so I can handle my people.

First: Your agents High Lander and Cody started all this. They attacked before waiting to hear a response from us. They kept attacking while we were talking, and broke an agreement they made within 24 hours of it being made. The troubles we face are on their heads, and, subsequently, yours. Kick High Lander and Cody McGyver from your town and don't let them back into any of your Copper towns or your larger Alliance network.

Second: Remove "Where the weak are killed and eaten!" from your town and all Copper town descriptions. It's insulting to you. Just leave your town roles and recruitment up there. Originally, I wanted High Lander and Cody branded as well, but given #1, it would be impossible to enforce.

Third: We want full access to Copper Creek, Springs, Cove, and any future town's store stocks. If someone requests to join, we'd like to be granted temporary town membership within a reasonable amount of time. Depending on how our relationship goes, I may allow this for your people to ours as well.

Fourth: We're going to be launching a new offensive against a county-local town. We want your soldiers / duelers to focus there, assuming you're not embroiled in some other conflict. We are not asking for a commitment beyond this one conflict. I do not treat this as an Alliance where you can call us in for your problems. This may change in the future. It all really depends on how you behave.

--

I await your response. And, by the way, just to reinforce how important the first one is, High Lander, your CHIEF DIPLOMAT, sent me this while I was writing this response:

High Lander     Today at 1:16 AM
So I have been notified by Cody that you cried bitch for a ceasefire. Is this true?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 04:43:16 PM by Lorekeep »

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1324 on: April 15, 2009, 04:35:30 PM

Thumbs up!

Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #1325 on: April 15, 2009, 05:33:11 PM

I'm guessing you don't want a truce   awesome, for real
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1326 on: April 15, 2009, 05:34:12 PM

After High Lander's little missive, I'm much more a fan of the "pound them into the dirt" option.  If a truce doesn't come with his banishment and/or humiliation, it's not worth having.

Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #1327 on: April 15, 2009, 07:28:50 PM

I frickin' love this game.

AKA Gyoza
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #1328 on: April 15, 2009, 08:27:02 PM

May I get a town invite?  Name's "Ghambit"
I reckon I'll be a fightin man.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #1329 on: April 15, 2009, 10:18:03 PM

Heartbreak
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 09:38:38 PM by gryeyes »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 106 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: The West (as of 3/09, Bat Country will be on World 8)  
Jump to: