Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:35:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: The West (as of 3/09, Bat Country will be on World 8) 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 106 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The West (as of 3/09, Bat Country will be on World 8)  (Read 801929 times)
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #980 on: April 10, 2009, 01:02:50 PM

The agreement changed. Now they want an apology for attacking their builders. They sent this AFTER Cody came down and attacked me 3 times. But I kinda had to laugh.

I Shot The Sheriff!  awesome, for real

Anyway, these guys are whipping their dicks out and rubbing it in our faces, thinking we're the bitch.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #981 on: April 10, 2009, 01:35:35 PM

We are until gunsmith 5 for sure.  I'm getting dueled every 30 minutes.  Sad.
schild
Administrator

Reply #982 on: April 10, 2009, 01:45:03 PM

So, are these fuckbags fair game now? I wanna stab something.
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #983 on: April 10, 2009, 01:47:19 PM

Wait, they make a deal with us, proceed to violate it in less than a day and then expect US to renegotiate as the guilty party?  Yeah, I need to respec and camp their builders.  Hmm, that is going to cost big money.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #984 on: April 10, 2009, 01:58:02 PM

Are they violating the deal? Are our builders being attacked? Nobody's attacked me today so far.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #985 on: April 10, 2009, 01:58:55 PM

Negotiations So Far over the last week:

High Lander: Your town believe in dueling builders? Should our soldiers pay your's a visit? Because we won't hesitate. Last time a town attacked our builders, we got togather all our allies and KOed the entire town (Rock Ridge).

Lorekeep: Your duelers have already been visiting our town on a routine basis without provocation. One of our members did attack your builders (something I don't condone because you guys clearly have bigger dicks than we do), but diplomacy doesn't seem to be in your best interest anyway. Domination is.

High Lander: Ha! We do not need provocation. A dueler becomes a dueler because they like to duel. However, we only attack duelers. And if we have attacked a builder(unless it was Builder vs Builder) please tell me. I will dismiss that player.

Lorekeep: Dueler = non-Builder, or Dueler = Dueler / Soldier? I sure as hell ain't a dueler and you've been hitting me a lot.

High Lander: That's because you attacked our builders. We retaliated. I told you the last time our builders we were attacked, we knocked out an entire town. We may just continue hitting you forever...I'm not sure. It depends on when we get a sincere apology.

High Lander: And ny the way:

Duler=Dueler/Soldier/Hybrid Adventurer

Non-Dueler=Builder/Pure Adventurer (But like shooting or Traps don't count, aim and shooting...or like reflex. You know.)

Lorekeep: Well I'm a Pure Adventurer, for now. Only reason I've been considering raising those skills is because you guys have been farming the shit out of me and my people. Maybe because I'm town Leader and you're trying to send a message? I don't know.

I've managed to reign in my guys a bit by pointing out that getting in a pissing match with a World 1 meta-guild PvPing focused town is a poor idea, but I need your boys to lay off a bit too. Duelers / Soldiers, fine by me. But I'm not really sure how you can tell if someone is a Hybrid or Pure Adventurer. I sure as hell ain't Hybrid right now.

High Lander: Yep. Town leader gets the worst. Agreed. However, as a builder myself, I may continue to get on your pure builders every now and then ;)

Lorekeep: Actually our builder schild is the main instigator it seems and also a pure builder. Sooooo ...

Builders got strength, yo.

High Lander: I've beaten schild twice now.

Lorekeep: You need to pull Cody McGyver back. He's beating up our workers incessantly.

High Lander: I will. He's our Sheriff, by the way. So he's dueling the most. pretty much everybody. We'll pull back on Adventurers and Builders, I promise to make that happen. Duelers and soldiers not so much.

Lorekeep: That's fine, if I was a soldier / dueler I wouldn't be bitching. Thanks.

High Lander: Apologize to Cody. Then maybe we'll stop. he wants an apology for attacking our builders.

Lorekeep: Who did the attacking?

(At this point Cody comes in and attacks me 3 times)

High Lander: Listen, Sheriff Cody is headed back down your way. Unless you want half the town's builders attacked, I suggest you simply write an apology to him saying you're sorry for attacking our builders.

Lorekeep: *Who did the attacking?* I didn't attack your builders, so why should I be sorry? Your boy Cody was already on his way down to try and kill me multiple times by the time you sent this message instead of waiting for negotiations to cease, so I think an apology ain't gonna do much if he can't keep his gun in his holster while talks are going on. That's like saying "We'll make peace, but while we're doing that, we're gonna make war."

Besides, your wording changed. You'll *maybe* stop. I think you know you have no reason to, so despite these talks and an agreement being reached to focus on Duelers / Soldiers, you couldn't rein your Sheriff in, which didn't really matter because you'll know there'll be no retaliation. I can police my guys by kicking them out. I don't think you'd do the same for an upstart in your group.

Though I did beat Cody in one duel, which was pretty hilarious all things considered.

BTW, High Lander's Logic? It is  swamp poop
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 02:01:16 PM by Lorekeep »

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #986 on: April 10, 2009, 01:59:36 PM

Wait, they make a deal with us, proceed to violate it in less than a day and then expect US to renegotiate as the guilty party?  Yeah, I need to respec and camp their builders.  Hmm, that is going to cost big money.
Yeah, I wish I had not put so much skills in trapping a a moneymaker, respeccing is going to be costly.

Well. One guy just knocked me out in one round (I was at 4/5 of my health from work) with a precise shotgun. DO WANT!

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #987 on: April 10, 2009, 02:00:04 PM

They're attacking me. That's proof enough. I've already told them I ain't a Hybrid Adventurer.

God I wish we were a 300 people Meta Guild so we could just roll these fucks.

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #988 on: April 10, 2009, 02:03:58 PM

I like this bit from their town motto:

"but we will NEVER attack builders unless you attack ours, we will only attack yours until all our money is recovered and we have gained as many exp points off you as you have off us"

I think they've done that and then some. These guys are like "We're going to rape your face but we'll be nice about it!" or some stupid logical fallacy shit.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #989 on: April 10, 2009, 02:05:22 PM

Could you ask them if we should just go ahead and start molesting their builders for real, since it seems like they're bent on molesting us either way?  I've been curious to see how much ruckus I can raise with their non-combat types, since it seems like the whole system is pretty ripe for abuse, but will only do so if it's not going to make things any worse for us.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
schild
Administrator

Reply #990 on: April 10, 2009, 02:06:03 PM

I need to get me that sharp stabbing knife. For reals. Not depositing any money for a while, sorry guys. Heh.

Edit: Hm, I have a couple thou in items on me. That'll work. IT'S ON.
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #991 on: April 10, 2009, 02:06:14 PM

Their town has an abnormally high number of top rated products per tier.  I wonder if their is a way to influence what you get.  I have a hard time believing it is 'random'.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #992 on: April 10, 2009, 02:09:10 PM

Sounds very typical.

"Me am play gods"
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #993 on: April 10, 2009, 02:10:30 PM

Ugh.  It was me who attacked their dick face builder.  I did it because they were on the KOS list.  I have no qualms.  If it will help, just kick me out of the guild, as it seems I'm target number one anyway.  It will give me some time to farm up some cash for a better gun.  Then when they have a couple days to check our roster to see that you did indeed boot me out, we can go get them.  If it helps, I can throw a tantrum when they undoubtedly rub it in my face.  All this of course, unless they are reading this right now.

AKA Gyoza
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #994 on: April 10, 2009, 02:11:42 PM

I need to get me that sharp stabbing knife. For reals. Not depositing any money for a while, sorry guys. Heh.

Edit: Hm, I have a couple thou in items on me. That'll work. IT'S ON.
Don't forget to put some time in constructing the gunsmith once you got yourself knocked out.

Oh.

And happy hunting.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #995 on: April 10, 2009, 02:12:38 PM

All this of course, unless they are reading this right now.
*waves at the audience*

*google us* is in our town description, isn't it ?  awesome, for real

Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #996 on: April 10, 2009, 02:36:32 PM

They're attacking me. That's proof enough. I've already told them I ain't a Hybrid Adventurer.

They're attacking me too, despite having beaten me soundly before. Clearly they are your usual PvP turds who go after easy prey and then cry foul when others do the same to them. I say we burn their workers. Ask Endie if any of GoonFleet wants in and lets see if they feel the same way when facing an order of magnitude more people.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #997 on: April 10, 2009, 02:41:31 PM

Ask Endie if any of GoonFleet wants in and lets see if they feel the same way when facing an order of magnitude more people.
I'd pay to see that. Well, actually I am already doing just that.  awesome, for real

Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #998 on: April 10, 2009, 02:45:48 PM

Oh now that would be good if they manage to bring the Goons down on themselves.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #999 on: April 10, 2009, 02:46:51 PM

They're attacking me too, despite having beaten me soundly before. Clearly they are your usual PvP turds who go after easy prey and then cry foul when others do the same to them. I say we burn their workers. ..

Seems like it - I haven't gotten dueled once, yet.

As soon as we hit Gunsmith 5 I'll go and rape everyone in their town(s) unless someone says no workers again.

- Viin
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #1000 on: April 10, 2009, 03:07:44 PM

High Lander:

Know what? If you're gonna be an @$$ hole about it, then maybe we'll just keep knocking you guys out. Heh? I don't give a rat's @$$ who did the attacking. I don't care if we're hypocrits. I know this:

I was attacked by a soldier. I am a builder. I asked sheriff Cody to get togather The Posse and go down there and teach you guys a lesson. Cody loves to duel. Cody said "Ok." Cody's pissed because you're town attacked our builders.

Now, all he asks is you politely apologize. If you can't to that, it's not our problem. We're winning this war.

--

Introduce the Goons. Show them the power of a fully operational Battle Station. I'll invite any and all Goons into the town and we can even get that second town of ours rolling.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 03:09:39 PM by Lorekeep »

schild
Administrator

Reply #1001 on: April 10, 2009, 03:11:59 PM

That's it. When I'm done with corn, it's fucking battle royale time.

My building is only at 93% anyway. Welcome to hybrid land, fuckers.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #1002 on: April 10, 2009, 03:14:43 PM

Yeah, I'm ready to go apeshit on these bitches. The question is how to properly craft a response.

I was thinking: "Fofofo!" But I want to make sure I have Goon backing before I do anything.

Edit: I'm not going to respond for right now. I told their two guys to hold off so I think maybe 8 more hours. I've got 0 health left and I want to get this extra energy out of the way.

Their chatter smacks of retard tweeners with no concept of who they are fucking with.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 03:19:19 PM by Lorekeep »

Righ
Terracotta Army

Reply #1003 on: April 10, 2009, 03:20:27 PM

Well, somebody PM the EVE folks and ask them to put out the invitation. :)

Meanwhile, I'll start the point-a-day cheapo stat migration process. First one is easy - I have one point in shooting from before I went melee. I have the good dagger, I just need to hit more and be hit less, so its all about the aim & dodge now. Not that it matters too much at first - once we're ready I'm going to start with their builders.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1004 on: April 10, 2009, 03:29:10 PM

So should I go start brawling with them tomorrow when my 48-hour protection is up, or are we going to lay low until we can bring a hundred goons down on them?

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #1005 on: April 10, 2009, 03:30:25 PM

God I want to see a Goonswarm bee with a cowboy hat.

Let's hold off for now. Gunsmith 5 might bring bountiful shit.

Righ
Terracotta Army

Reply #1006 on: April 10, 2009, 04:25:16 PM

Here's what (51) Bat Country - 23/25 is up against:

(19) Copper Creek - 29/30
(34) Copper Springs - 34/35
(362) Copper Cove - 10/10

their stated allies:

(4) Eagles Point - 37/45
(9) Eagles Drift - 29/35
(13) Eagles Nest - 32/40
(32) Eagles Crest - 21/30
(7) Monmouth - 33/40
(31) The Beastro - 21/25
(16) The Legion - 34/35
(215) Jasper Junction - 10/10

allies of allies:

(167) Eagles Canyon (sister town of Eagles Nest, Eagles Crest, Eagles Point, Eagles Drift) - 2/20
(101) Sanctuary (sister town of Monmouth) - 13/20
(14) Crow Town (ally of Monmouth) - 29/35
(52) Waynes World (ally of Monmouth) - 19/35
(20) Toxicity (ally of Monmouth) - 27/30
(106) Santa Rio (ally of Monmouth) - 15/20
(18) City Of Dead Pints (ally of Monmouth) - 29/35
(207) Wild Wild West (ally of Monmouth) - 9/10
(112) Nowhere (ally of Monmouth) - 14/15
(71) Vasilkov (ally of The Beastro) - 9/10
(33) Samson (ally of The Legion) - 26/30

other:

(143) Toxicity II (sister town of Toxicity) - 10/15

Format: (town rank) Town name - number of members / maximum members

Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #1007 on: April 10, 2009, 04:36:35 PM

Power of Cheese's mortician is still 11 points from completion, but should be done tomorrow late sometime.  Anyone who wants "plausible deniability" is free to shift over and crack heads all y'all want.  I don't give a shit about being attacked. 

You'll have to use Bat to sleep and shop though, Cheese has nuthin'.

“Why the fuck would you ... ?” is like 80% of the conversation with Poly — Chimpy
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #1008 on: April 10, 2009, 04:39:05 PM

Fuck.  The Eagles towns have some nice shit.  We're up for a helluva ride.  

Oh, and lol @ browser game internet wars.  

Someone get Signe onboard.  We need all the people we can get.  

I'm going to start diversifying points from here on out.  Can't be just a trapper anymore.  
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #1009 on: April 10, 2009, 05:11:18 PM

Now this... this'll be a game.

gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #1010 on: April 10, 2009, 05:23:41 PM

Allies of allies is irrelevant. Well actually its a good thing since it gives a broader scope of people who hate someone they are allied with. Talking to those douches and letting them shit on us stupid. Copper creek/Beastro/The legion are their allies. The rest of the towns are just people they have NAP's with. Need to use the forums to co-ordinate attacks on specific people or we wont even dent them. Talk to the eagles nest and talk about them attacking our builders same with Britiania. Approach every decent sized town in our area seeking allies.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #1011 on: April 10, 2009, 05:25:20 PM

Shunned is me.  I think I'm fishing or chasing birds or something.  I am not surprised that you've all managed to piss off most of the server.  Good job! 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #1012 on: April 10, 2009, 05:48:14 PM

I got kicked from the town... Fuck y'all I don't need you! I'll start my own town, with blackjack, and hookers. In fact, forget the town.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
schild
Administrator

Reply #1013 on: April 10, 2009, 05:50:24 PM

I got kicked from the town... Fuck y'all I don't need you! I'll start my own town, with blackjack, and hookers. In fact, forget the town.

huh?
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #1014 on: April 10, 2009, 05:52:37 PM

The only reason they want to support "don't attack workers" is so that nothing interrupts building their tech advantage. The game is going to turn into a bloodbath as soon as that's finished.

Any game that gives the best XP rewards from PvP and allows ganking (attacker controls the battle and can imbalance the fight in his favor) is going to see a lot of people getting farmed. The advantage is if you win some / all of the duels your getting some decent XP yourself and with a good bank / hotel you can recover relatively painlessly.

I'd say kill as you want, but only join a town if you want to be duelled (since you will be) and are competitive (so you can hurt the attackers, make some xp).

That said, would be happy with an invite when you have space. Also if you reckon you might have > 50 people should probably seize another town space... the ones around us are being bought up pretty fast.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 106 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: The West (as of 3/09, Bat Country will be on World 8)  
Jump to: