Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:59:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: The West (as of 3/09, Bat Country will be on World 8) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 106 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The West (as of 3/09, Bat Country will be on World 8)  (Read 802153 times)
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #875 on: April 07, 2009, 10:59:18 AM

Are you attacking their duelers or are you being stupid and attacking their builders? Because they have a big red sign that says "We'll bring everyone onto you."

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
schild
Administrator

Reply #876 on: April 07, 2009, 11:00:18 AM

I attack any of them that are near me.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #877 on: April 07, 2009, 11:25:45 AM

Don't attack their builders.  It's bad enough they have better duelers than most of our town, but they also have 4 towns worth of them. These guys have played the game since World 1. They don't fuck around and honestly I'm tired of the bullying routine they're pushing on us.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
schild
Administrator

Reply #878 on: April 07, 2009, 11:38:24 AM

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :(
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #879 on: April 07, 2009, 11:50:09 AM

Wait.  This is how we go out?  A 'The West' guild?  Really?  If I'm not mistaken, you put them on the list.

AKA Gyoza
schild
Administrator

Reply #880 on: April 07, 2009, 12:32:05 PM

Hm? I'm not quitting. I'm also a take no prisoners kind of guy, but Lorekeep (while he hasn't said it yet), wants us to back off until Forts are in. That's a reasonable request. As we can then utterly destroy them. Also, we have more builders than them, so it's somewhat strategic to not fuck around with them as they can cripple us (despite the fact I can give someone a bad fucking case of gangrene with my ice pick).
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #881 on: April 07, 2009, 12:38:09 PM

All we have to do is not attack the builders, while continuing to attack their adventurers and duelists. That's okay for now. We wait.

Hmm, just checked, and three of them incapped me, doing some 540 damage. Changed my mind. Their workers all die as soon as I have health back.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 12:44:58 PM by Righ »

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #882 on: April 07, 2009, 01:30:26 PM

Yah I'm incapped too. Those f*ckers hit hard.

- Viin
Xerapis
Contributor

Reply #883 on: April 07, 2009, 01:51:04 PM

Woohoo!

Level 9! And I found a slingshot that I can't use yet   awesome, for real

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you're not a town member you can't see store products above the first store level? Cause the Bat Country stores have been upgraded, and I still only see basic items. Or is it just that my level is too low to even look at the shiney?

..I want to see gamma rays. I want to hear x-rays. I want to...smell dark matter...and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me...
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #884 on: April 07, 2009, 01:52:49 PM

Well.  I got spam attacked by duelers/soldiers with better weapon.  Lost 200$ today.  I don't think I'll ever be able to accumulate 2000$.
I'll give what's left to the town but we badly need a better gunsmith.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #885 on: April 07, 2009, 02:14:19 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you're not a town member you can't see store products above the first store level? Cause the Bat Country stores have been upgraded, and I still only see basic items. Or is it just that my level is too low to even look at the shiney?
You only see products 2 levels below the actual shop level.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #886 on: April 07, 2009, 02:15:50 PM

Well.  I got spam attacked by duelers/soldiers with better weapon.  Lost 200$ today.  I don't think I'll ever be able to accumulate 2000$.
I'll give what's left to the town but we badly need a better gunsmith.
I am sure I'll get knocked out in the next 6 hours. I have no cash on me so all they will get is a tiny bit of XP and I'll have 48 hours to raise some funds/level up/wait for decent guns showing up on our gunsmith.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #887 on: April 07, 2009, 02:43:52 PM

If you are a member of a town, you should never be carrying any cash on you if you can help it. 

If you need to save up for something big, keep it in the form of extra items in your inventory (if you're like me, you get about as much value-wise in goods as you do in cash), and sell them only when you need to buy something bigger than your bank account.

Any actual cash that doesn't fit in your bank account should go into the treasury.  Better there than in some enemy dueler's pocket, and the more we build, the more will fit in the bank.

Also, I still need an invite, assuming we have space for me to have one lying around.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #888 on: April 07, 2009, 03:02:39 PM

Yeah, lesson learned I guess.
Xerapis
Contributor

Reply #889 on: April 07, 2009, 03:07:32 PM

If there's room, I'd appreciate an invite as well. Don't want to lose my donkey savings, meager though it may be.

..I want to see gamma rays. I want to hear x-rays. I want to...smell dark matter...and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me...
gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #890 on: April 07, 2009, 03:33:19 PM

Is there anyway to dole out funds from the town bank? So we can keep a surplus that we can withdraw and use to buy gear at another town? Lots of towns offer shopping passes for free or a small fee.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #891 on: April 07, 2009, 03:43:09 PM

Is there anyway to dole out funds from the town bank? So we can keep a surplus that we can withdraw and use to buy gear at another town? Lots of towns offer shopping passes for free or a small fee.

Are "shopping passes" actual passes or "join our town for a day to buy your shit then leave"?

- Viin
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #892 on: April 07, 2009, 03:46:29 PM

Are "shopping passes" actual passes or "join our town for a day to buy your shit then leave"?

This.

And no, no way to get funds out of the town bank.  Anything in the treasury stays there until it's used for building.  Which is usually pretty quick.  The only bank you can withdraw from is your own account (which currently maxes at $250).

Like I said, the way around it is not to sell your surplus goods.  I have about $700 worth of random surplus right now that I'm saving in case a quest needs me to spend a big pile of cash at once on something.  (The notes you get from trading are worth almost $300 each, and I've found two of them so far.)

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #893 on: April 07, 2009, 04:27:48 PM

Damn, two? I've only recently got to Trading ability, so I've only done 8-10 hours. I'll switch between it & Cutting Trees for the level 23 quest.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #894 on: April 07, 2009, 04:55:10 PM

I've been doing a lot of trading because it's got the highest Luck of anything I can do (grave digging is another good one for that), and I like random loots.  The two notes has to be a fluke, because it's listed as being much rarer than my luck would indicate.  The cloth isn't bad either, though, and I think there's a quest at some point that uses it.  And I have found some very decent clothes.

gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #895 on: April 07, 2009, 05:52:27 PM

Ya ive been saving items to conserve bank space for awhile now. But since 90% of my income comes from other players i really cant store it. And with such a huge gear disparity that im just beginning to feel we really cant protect the town. Maybe have the fighters join up in dung heap (does it have a mortician?) while the workers and money makers buff up the shops. Have fighters join to deposit some cash as needed. Every town ive ventured out to is allied with 2-3 other towns.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #896 on: April 07, 2009, 05:58:28 PM

It seems like most towns don't get offended at you picking off their adventurers.  And speaking as an adventurer, I don't think we're generally any better at dueling than workers are (all of my skill points go towards stuff for jobs).  So my inclination would be to leave the workers alone if there's a big taboo on them, and stick to fleecing either lower level duelers/soldiers or equal level adventurers.

schild
Administrator

Reply #897 on: April 07, 2009, 06:01:30 PM

One of them just tried to duel me. He did like 2 more damage than me and got $4. Woooooo for him!
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #898 on: April 07, 2009, 06:13:43 PM

Considering a lot of you are level 20+ and fighting with level 10 slingshots it looks like you're going to be on the defensive until you can even the gear gap.

I guess it's always best to be a peaceful and law-abiding town.... until you've finished your weapons research :)

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #899 on: April 07, 2009, 06:51:07 PM

Aez is trying to surpass my dueling rank! I also just lost a duel by 4 hps. Hits me twice i hit him 5 times and he still won. Heartbreak. If you are a worker and you dont have many points in dodge. You can turn off your dodge and it will double your attack roll.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #900 on: April 07, 2009, 08:28:07 PM

ORLY?  I wondered why the hell there was an option to not dodge.  If I ever get invited back I'll try that.  I might at least be able to fuck the other guy up before he takes my lunch money.

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #901 on: April 07, 2009, 10:35:48 PM

We're not going to own them when forts come out, but we'll be able to own our county unless they open a local chapter in our area.  The point is that we can duel them and they can duel us, but only Duelers / Soldiers / Adventurers (? Asking about that.) If you attack their builders, which is like kicking their women and children, then they go from casual rage to focused rage, and we're ALL gonna get incapacitated, which sucks. I'm trying to get them to lay off.

Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #902 on: April 07, 2009, 11:19:59 PM

Zabar from copper creek has a Precise Shotgun hitting for 10-36 (gunsmith 4)
Lorekeep has a slingshot hitting for 6-12 (gunsmith 1-3)

Seems to me some weapon parity would help the situation a whole heap.

- Simond
schild
Administrator

Reply #903 on: April 07, 2009, 11:24:56 PM

I have no problem dumping all my points into the gunsmith.

If you want us to do that (as adventurers) since you seem to be getting slaughtered, just start depositing money. I only build for like 30 minutes today because the town was broke. I saw people walking around with a few hundy today. I have like $60 to my name. We can fast track gunsmith to the max, but we need the funds to do it - and that's the hard part.
gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #904 on: April 07, 2009, 11:36:08 PM

I have to trek back to town to deposit. But the guys camping our town are now awake so ill have to wait. Almost incapacitated me in 1 round.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #905 on: April 07, 2009, 11:59:26 PM

Being out of town doesn't actually protect you though? Eventually they'll run out of energy at least... and then sleep in your hotel. Which as I can see is what Zabar is doing now.

I would expect since duellists level through combat they're always going to be on the lookout for a town with lots of (ideally rich) members with a low duelling levels.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 12:15:18 AM by Kageru »

- Simond
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #906 on: April 08, 2009, 12:32:05 AM

Just rejoined the town and dumped about 1200 bucks into the treasury. I'm currently putting 2 hours into the bank and have enough energy to put in 2 more before I sleep in the hotel and leave the town to build up funds again.

Or would you rather I stayed and kept building? My construction skill at 20 isn't exceptional and I get the impression that we've got more workers than we need.
gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #907 on: April 08, 2009, 12:44:09 AM

Being out of town doesn't actually protect you though? Eventually they'll run out of energy at least... and then sleep in your hotel. Which as I can see is what Zabar is doing now.

It has nothing to do with protection. But if i am attacked during my 3 hour hike back to town i will die and lose my money.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #908 on: April 08, 2009, 12:55:04 AM

Inactive for about 2 weeks. Kick me from the town if you need room during that time.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #909 on: April 08, 2009, 01:07:14 AM

We should just kick you anyway so you aren't free duel fodder.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 106 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: The West (as of 3/09, Bat Country will be on World 8)  
Jump to: