Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:03:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: The West (as of 3/09, Bat Country will be on World 8) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 106 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The West (as of 3/09, Bat Country will be on World 8)  (Read 802117 times)
sidereal
Contributor

Reply #630 on: March 26, 2009, 11:12:16 AM

He also has a dueling level of 20 and a base lvl of 15.  I'm also 15 with the same gear, and duel level of 15.  So uh. . wtf.  I need to read up on that.  Maybe he did a quest or something that jacks it up.  If someone invites me into town, I'll drop off all my cash and kamikaze him a few times.

THIS IS THE MOST I HAVE EVERY WANTED TO GET IN TO A BETA
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #631 on: March 26, 2009, 11:20:31 AM

His level is too high for me to attack.. does that go by duel level or by regular level, anyone know?

Duel level. How duel level is calculated...i have no clue.

We need more grunts to protect our warez and ladies! Even more when forts are patched in!

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #632 on: March 26, 2009, 11:28:36 AM

If you see "Caballeros del rey" and can kill him, please do.  Motherfucker took my lunch money.

Guy killed me too, but I was already broke. 

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #633 on: March 26, 2009, 12:05:07 PM

Yeah now he's on to me. WTF?

I swapped out what I could and adjusted my defensive patterns in case he tries it a third time.

Edit: Turns out he's one of the town founders of Britannia so there isn't really any diplomacy going to happen there. I did message him to see what his response would be, whether jock-level "HAHA YOU SO LAME", internet emo "you should all die", or some level of intelligence "it's just a game dude."
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 12:08:12 PM by Lorekeep »

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #634 on: March 26, 2009, 12:11:40 PM

You forgot "l2p nub."
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #635 on: March 26, 2009, 12:24:02 PM

So can people duel you anywhere or just in your town or what?

Are workers just free experience for soldiers and duelers?

How does this work?
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #636 on: March 26, 2009, 12:26:08 PM

People have to go to your town to duel you, but it doesn't matter where you are.

Yes, workers seem to just be free XP for soldiers and duelers.  No, there doesn't seem to be any way for your own soldiers and duelers to defend you from them, apart from hiking over to their town to challenge them (EVEN IF THEY'RE ALREADY IN YOUR TOWN).  And even then, they can avoid being dueled by sleeping in your hotel.

It's a shame, I was really loving this game but the PvP mechanics are beyond retarded.  I guess the fix is for us to build up our bank so none of us have to carry cash on our persons.  Still retarded.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #637 on: March 26, 2009, 12:28:28 PM

I could knock you guys all out and you would be save for 48 hours  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #638 on: March 26, 2009, 12:32:42 PM

Maybe the popular targets should just quit the town for a while and wait for him to get bored? Aside from sleeping in the hotel for free I'm really not seeing any advantage to actually belonging to a town.
sidereal
Contributor

Reply #639 on: March 26, 2009, 12:43:21 PM

Hm.  I get a 'Duel' button on Caballeros when I click on him in our town.  I can't get very far because it gives me a 'you are not a member of a town' error message.  But at least it implies that I could duel him here.

THIS IS THE MOST I HAVE EVERY WANTED TO GET IN TO A BETA
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #640 on: March 26, 2009, 12:44:16 PM

People have to go to your town to duel you, but it doesn't matter where you are.

Yes, workers seem to just be free XP for soldiers and duelers.  No, there doesn't seem to be any way for your own soldiers and duelers to defend you from them, apart from hiking over to their town to challenge them (EVEN IF THEY'RE ALREADY IN YOUR TOWN).  And even then, they can avoid being dueled by sleeping in your hotel.

It's a shame, I was really loving this game but the PvP mechanics are beyond retarded.  I guess the fix is for us to build up our bank so none of us have to carry cash on our persons.  Still retarded.

Huh? I just clicked Duel on some random in our town.... I didn't have to go to theirs...

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #641 on: March 26, 2009, 12:46:57 PM

You should be able to deny hotel access to hostile parties. If they want to recover energy to attack us, they should go someplace else.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #642 on: March 26, 2009, 12:52:17 PM

Huh? I just clicked Duel on some random in our town.... I didn't have to go to theirs...

Can you actually do the duel?  According to the help, you have to actually go to their town to duel them, regardless of where they are, but the help might be wrong.

You should be able to deny hotel access to hostile parties. If they want to recover energy to attack us, they should go someplace else.

Yes.  It is incredible that the town's hotel shelters wanted murderers.  (It's not even the energy recovery so much as the fact that they're immune to attack while sleeping.)

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
schild
Administrator

Reply #643 on: March 26, 2009, 12:52:32 PM

I just set myself up to duel the two people I could at Bat Country, I mean why the fuck not right.

Also, my building motivation is at like 84% and I didn't want to tan leather. Wooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #644 on: March 26, 2009, 12:55:13 PM

I just set myself up to duel the two people I could at Bat Country, I mean why the fuck not right.

Also, my building motivation is at like 84% and I didn't want to tan leather. Wooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

You mean two of the people not IN the town, but visitors right?

schild
Administrator

Reply #645 on: March 26, 2009, 01:00:03 PM

You mean two of the people not IN the town, but visitors right?
Sure, whatever, it's gonna take 2 hours, that's all I know. I'll probably die also.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #646 on: March 26, 2009, 01:51:48 PM

I need a Green and Blue Indian Necklace for a quest. I have a Grey one that provides huge stat benefits.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #647 on: March 26, 2009, 02:20:49 PM

Yeah, I'm on that one too.  They're expensive as hell, so I think we need to either wait until they show up in our general store or hope for good drops.  I've got the blue one already, and am kinda loathe to give it up tbh.

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #648 on: March 26, 2009, 02:24:55 PM

Residences are almost done. Then we'll get the next General Store. Which locations have it (just in case)?

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #649 on: March 26, 2009, 02:29:59 PM

Caballeros has offered to pay back the money he stole in duels as he's just after the experience.

Also, everything is in ze German after today's 1.18 update. :P

Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #650 on: March 26, 2009, 02:47:46 PM

Anyone has a link to the class portrait?  I'd like to know which class I'm engaging in duel.

Also, try to duel worker/adventurer a couple of lvl higher than you if you are a soldier or a dueler.  I won over a lvl 17 as a lvl 13 and it gave me mad xp.
schild
Administrator

Reply #651 on: March 26, 2009, 03:15:10 PM

I'm just dueling people in Brittania. They have lots of people exposed.

I hope I lose all the duels.

What happens if you lose? You just lose money?
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #652 on: March 26, 2009, 03:23:13 PM

You lose some health, and some of the cash you have on hand.  Cash in the bank is safe.

schild
Administrator

Reply #653 on: March 26, 2009, 03:24:32 PM

I deposit all my cash every time I come to town, in small denominations. Simply because I feel it's necessary.
schild
Administrator

Reply #654 on: March 26, 2009, 03:28:00 PM

First victim at Brittania down. This worker is goin on a killin spree.
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #655 on: March 26, 2009, 03:28:23 PM

schild
Administrator

Reply #656 on: March 26, 2009, 03:29:36 PM

I had no money on me. I'm just being a wanker since my motivation is low in everything I need to do. I'm killing people with a screwdriver.

Apparently my dodge/attack setup is really really good, I picked everything randomly.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #657 on: March 26, 2009, 03:31:38 PM

All we need is a duelist at home working on the buildings and the circle will be complete.

schild
Administrator

Reply #658 on: March 26, 2009, 03:32:18 PM

All we need is a duelist at home working on the buildings and the circle will be complete.
I have like 10 strength and a shitload of toughness and such. I can't dodge unless they totally miss, but I'm a killing machine.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #659 on: March 26, 2009, 03:34:58 PM

Mein Deutch ist nich gut, sprechen sie English?
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #660 on: March 26, 2009, 03:38:54 PM

So much for diplomacy, haha.

Callabros was sorry, but I figure a show of strength might be better!

schild
Administrator

Reply #661 on: March 26, 2009, 03:40:28 PM

Fuck sorry, over in Britannia everything turns into German. I have a reputation to uphold.

Edit: Also, my screwdriver needs to feast on blood.
Sutro
Terracotta Army

Reply #662 on: March 26, 2009, 04:09:49 PM

Man, I don't know what to do to hit these assholes. I've opted not to dodge to increase attack rating and I didn't hit caballeros *once* in the second duel.

Premium duel advantage inc, I guess. Quite a crafty gig they've got for themselves there. Like a mandatory competitiveness fee or some shit.

Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #663 on: March 26, 2009, 04:12:37 PM

Respeccing is pretty expensive. I wouldn't count on changing your skills quickly anytime soon.
Yeah, I know. That is why I am going the dex route, changing attributes is even more expensive...  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

You don't really need to worry about attributes though, do you?

For attacking, the skills are aiming (dex), appearance (cha) and either vigor (str) for melee or shooting (dex) for ranged.
For defending, the skills are dodging (mob), tactics (cha) and either toughness (str) for melee or reflexes (mob) for ranged.

So provided you don't spend all your points in strength and then focus on ranged or all on dexterity and focus on melee, everything else balances out. You simply want to migrate your skill points into the above eight skills, of which two are in each attribute tree.

I actually think that because strength is good for both attack and defense and you can stack skill points against aiming and ignore shooting it gives it a slight edge if you just want to focus on one fighting style. Pumping dexterity without strength requires putting points in toughness for melee defense and health for hit points. But it isn't really important.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #664 on: March 26, 2009, 04:23:32 PM

I keep getting the "cant join world 8 because you have a char on world 9" message. Except i don't have a character on world 9! Anyone else getting this?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 106 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: The West (as of 3/09, Bat Country will be on World 8)  
Jump to: