Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:53:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: The West (as of 3/09, Bat Country will be on World 8) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 106 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The West (as of 3/09, Bat Country will be on World 8)  (Read 807170 times)
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #560 on: March 24, 2009, 06:19:36 PM

Awesome, finally some decent footwear. I hadn't gotten any boots upgrades except for one quest.

The boots you have atm are from town? If so someone squeeze me an invite at some point! :)

I can finally hunt turkey! Woo. Now I just need the darn leather tanning to work.. got it all the way down to 75% without another drop.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #561 on: March 24, 2009, 06:27:19 PM

The awesome +1 strength brown shoes Lorekeep has on right now are a quest reward.  New stuff in the tailor is brown and black ragged shoes, red and blue ponchos, and brown and black caps.  I think everything else was there at level 1.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #562 on: March 24, 2009, 06:28:09 PM

The awesome +1 strength brown shoes Lorekeep has on right now are a quest reward.  New stuff in the tailor is brown and black ragged shoes, red and blue ponchos, and brown and black caps.  I think everything else was there at level 1.

Ah ok, cheers. Looks like nothing that would be super useful to me at the moment then.
gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #563 on: March 24, 2009, 06:29:49 PM

Are there any ranged weapons in the store?
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #564 on: March 24, 2009, 06:30:37 PM

Hey, some sumbitch named Ragtag dueled me and stole $3.  And he's at our town right now.  Mob

Our gunsmith is only level 1 so what you see is what you get.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #565 on: March 24, 2009, 07:10:06 PM

Yeah Ragtag got $50 out of me.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #566 on: March 24, 2009, 07:20:51 PM

Join town, complete quest without reading and lose enough money to deny a mount.  Go make money, get mugged by random guy losing more money.  Great day for me!  Is there some way we can disguise town membership?
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #567 on: March 24, 2009, 08:36:55 PM

What's Ragtag town?  Where is it?  Maybe I can get some cash back. 

On a positive note I'll soon donate 150$ to town, all from duel.  We should break event with enough soldiers/duelers.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 08:39:00 PM by Aez »
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #568 on: March 24, 2009, 08:41:08 PM

What's Ragtag town?  Where is it?  Maybe I can get some cash back. 

She's still at our town.  Click on her name and it shows you her town and where it is.

gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #569 on: March 24, 2009, 08:49:33 PM

Is there now extra space to join? I have enough for a mule (im only level 9) but cant other then my inventory trash have nothing extra.
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #570 on: March 24, 2009, 09:18:04 PM

Two random people dueled me today.  They both lost.  Both were lower level than me, and I suspect, retarded.  But I bring their money to town.

AKA Gyoza
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #571 on: March 24, 2009, 11:24:27 PM

Do we have anyone that likes to duel? Ragtag attacked me a second time and is hanging around our town farming.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #572 on: March 25, 2009, 02:03:06 AM

I think we need to appoint some town defenders to discourage foreign duelers. We should let them hold on to enough money so they can buy some decent equipment for it when it's available rather than donating every penny to the town the way most of us have been.
gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #573 on: March 25, 2009, 02:14:31 AM

Ragtags equipment isnt much better than what you can find at low levels. Little bit of an upgrade from a slingshot.
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #574 on: March 25, 2009, 03:19:21 AM

I went to bed (IRL) before Samwise's post.  SO I missed Ragtag.  Anyone can look in his report and tell me the town of Ragtag?  You can also center on his town and tell me the location.
schild
Administrator

Reply #575 on: March 25, 2009, 03:25:22 AM

Townhall at 99.6%, I don't have enough money to finish it, bank is empty.
gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #576 on: March 25, 2009, 03:33:18 AM

I went to bed (IRL) before Samwise's post.  SO I missed Ragtag.  Anyone can look in his report and tell me the town of Ragtag?  You can also center on his town and tell me the location.

Vasilkov its one grid north of bat country. Mideast of that square.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #577 on: March 25, 2009, 06:25:54 AM

People should write down Name. Hometown and if possible the attack/dodge setup of the attacker.
(I read you can see this if you look at the duel-report, can't find it)

Also, it might be a good idead to change your setup in the duel tab, to easy to kill you with the default dodging setup.

edit: Looks like there is no default setup.Seems to be generated at random upon entering the world the first time.  Nevertheless if you keep your head down, they are less likely to knock you out because they can't hit you in the high damage places.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 06:31:04 AM by Der Helm »

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #578 on: March 25, 2009, 06:28:20 AM

Ragtag is a beast. Also, your friendly mortician (that's me) got attacked over night by mark11, from south of heaven (town).

We need to put a posse together!

EDIT: you can see where you were hit take a look at the icons on the left and right, also hitting HTML view will show you slightly more detail.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 06:31:41 AM by Mrbloodworth »

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #579 on: March 25, 2009, 07:13:44 AM

Question:  Is it more likely to get an item if I have a lot more labor points in the task?

I keep Guarding the Fort in hopes of securing a Union Jack (3% drop rate).  Do my chances to get that flag ever go up past 3%?
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #580 on: March 25, 2009, 07:24:59 AM

It must.  My screen shows a 2% rate.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #581 on: March 25, 2009, 07:27:09 AM

3% is the rate with the "better earner" premium thing, which you can get a few days of as a quest reward.  Base rate is 2% and I don't think it goes up.

Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #582 on: March 25, 2009, 07:38:31 AM

So the only thing extra points help with is decreasing danger?
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #583 on: March 25, 2009, 07:39:58 AM

Decreasing danger and increasing cash earnings.  At least according to the tooltips.  XP and drops appear to be constant.

Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #584 on: March 25, 2009, 07:54:48 AM

Since you are in a question answering mood, are soldiers and workers the only groups that get a level 10 class item?
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #585 on: March 25, 2009, 08:23:39 AM

I'm an adventurer and I don't have one.  So, maybe?

Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #586 on: March 25, 2009, 08:46:49 AM

Adventurers rise up!
 Shaking fist

Anyway, I should have my donkey fund soon and will leave so others can get invited.  I meant to give the rest of my cash to town but that did not work out.  I will donate whatever is left over.  We need level 4 residences (and maybe even 5?) for the rest of Bat Country!
schild
Administrator

Reply #587 on: March 25, 2009, 09:10:49 AM

Adventurers rise up!
 Shaking fist

Anyway, I should have my donkey fund soon and will leave so others can get invited.  I meant to give the rest of my cash to town but that did not work out.  I will donate whatever is left over.  We need level 4 residences (and maybe even 5?) for the rest of Bat Country!

Adventurers don't get to dictate what we need, especially when they're running a "donkey fund"
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #588 on: March 25, 2009, 09:18:21 AM

I would like to note at this time that 3 of the top 4 treasury contributors are adventurers.  Those quests rake in phat cash, and most of it is going straight to the treasury.  FWIW.

I wouldn't mind having a bigger bank, myself.  Some of the quests want you to accumulate money in excess of what the level 1 bank holds, and if we're being vultured for our wallets that might get difficult.

schild
Administrator

Reply #589 on: March 25, 2009, 09:22:36 AM

I would like to note at this time that 3 of the top 4 treasury contributors are adventurers. 

Obviously. But building requires money. Until a city is built up, the crafting class is basically a bot for whenever adventurers and others pull in cash. That is to say, we'll obviously get to everything, but Pezzle was being a knob.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #590 on: March 25, 2009, 11:06:20 AM

Yes.

Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #591 on: March 25, 2009, 12:41:42 PM

I've been hanging around the city and doing quests.  Not doing too bad so far.  My character is StDrahcir.

Chinchila - LaRoche Server, APB
Drahcir - 50 Captain/GM Weaponsmith, LoTRO Silverlode (Retired)
St Drahcir - 7xMage, UO Chesapeake (Retired)
Chinchilla Dakilla - Barbarian R50, Shadowbane (Retired)
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #592 on: March 25, 2009, 01:28:39 PM

Ok.  Wild West theorycraft time. 

What's the difference in benefit between doing a job for 10 minutes vs. an hour, or two. 

For instance.

Picking sugar cane.  Underneath the sugar thingey it says 100%.  Does that mean that say, if I need 5 sugar for some strange Indian recipe, that I can get away with queuing it 5 times for 10 minutes?  If I do it for an hour will I get one for sure?  Or will I get six.  In other words.  How does this shit work?

AKA Gyoza
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #593 on: March 25, 2009, 01:48:46 PM

Obviously. But building requires money. Until a city is built up, the crafting class is basically a bot for whenever adventurers and others pull in cash. That is to say, we'll obviously get to everything, but Pezzle was being a knob.
That donkey is THE major investment needed to advance that story arc. And the shoes which are the final award now allow me to hunt turkey, which are a big part of several story arcs after that. So don't give him a hard time because his main goal is getting that donkey (especially if it cuts down travel time, which it does). Donkeys are serious business.

Speaking about business, I just startet a construction job with my own money, but figured it would be better to give the money to the town. So I cancelled. Looks pretty weird in the Bank report but it is my own money I got back.

Also I donated 280 $, no need to feed that guy more money than necessary.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #594 on: March 25, 2009, 01:50:11 PM

I think the % chance for products is the chance, on average, that you will get one of that item with 1 hour of work.  Sometimes you'll get more than one, sometimes you'll get none, but I'm pretty sure it's per hour, not per "job".

It works similarly for cash and XP, except that the percent is the amount of XP or dollars you'll get per hour, and is not variable.  At least that's what I've observed from looking at my job reports; I'm inferring the products thing from those observations.

Unrelated: I've realized something that may have been obvious to everyone else.  If you need to save up lots of money to buy something big or for a quest or something and it won't fit in the bank but you want to keep it safe from duelers, accrue it in the form of goods, and then sell them at the store right when you need to cash in.  I need to poke around and figure out what jobs might give you goods that sell well despite having poor cash pay...

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 106 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: The West (as of 3/09, Bat Country will be on World 8)  
Jump to: