Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:44:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: The West (as of 3/09, Bat Country will be on World 8) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 106 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The West (as of 3/09, Bat Country will be on World 8)  (Read 801989 times)
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: March 09, 2009, 08:12:36 AM

I am a bit north east of Schild
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: March 09, 2009, 08:26:58 AM

Town system is self sufficient. All you need is cash. However the best "spots" are only visible when you're higher level as you can't see the good jobs until you get higher up.

So nothing worth scouting just yet. I'd focus on getting to Lv. 10 which will take awhile given there are no hotels to rest at. The Energy Premium is really good here.

Bloodworth: Click 8. It's grey because they have an extra confirmation due to only 8 or 9 being playable, not both.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
schild
Administrator

Reply #37 on: March 09, 2009, 08:28:14 AM

Ok, I just queued up Sugar for too little time. I just added 10 minutes to the queue as a second item, does that mean I'll have to walk 20 minutes agani? If so, I'll just cancel and hope for the best. Yargh. I have 4 minutes to get an answer before I leave my fate in this weird game's hands.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: March 09, 2009, 08:29:39 AM

Town system is self sufficient. All you need is cash. However the best "spots" are only visible when you're higher level as you can't see the good jobs until you get higher up.

So nothing worth scouting just yet. I'd focus on getting to Lv. 10 which will take awhile given there are no hotels to rest at. The Energy Premium is really good here.

Bloodworth: Click 8. It's grey because they have an extra confirmation due to only 8 or 9 being playable, not both.

Yeah, i figured it out, i'm in. Grabbing some sugar.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: March 09, 2009, 08:30:17 AM

I made that same mistake a little while ago on my world 7 guy. If you haven't moved you'll still be in the sugar field so there won't be any travel time.
schild
Administrator

Reply #40 on: March 09, 2009, 08:31:13 AM

I made that same mistake a little while ago on my world 7 guy. If you haven't moved you'll still be in the sugar field so there won't be any travel time.

Thank the lordy. How do I know when I've gotten the sugar? Will it show up in my inventory?
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: March 09, 2009, 08:31:38 AM

Ah travel time, why hitting 10 minutes means 30. Thanks!

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
schild
Administrator

Reply #42 on: March 09, 2009, 08:33:53 AM

46 Minutes to cotton. I could not have started in a worse place. I swear I'll be in the dead center when I finish the newbie quest chain.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: March 09, 2009, 08:34:32 AM

Yeah, it shows up in inventory. I checked that after I picked tobacco. What I'm curious about is what happens if we don't get sugar after 30 minutes? Is it just a random chance thing so we should start up another 30 minute job and hope for the best? Or does the chance of getting some sugar gradually increase as you spend more time at it?
schild
Administrator

Reply #44 on: March 09, 2009, 08:37:59 AM

I got it in 10 minutes. I guess we'll find out when someone here gets screwed. I already tried reading their forums and their admin is an annoying hag of a woman and the users are some of the worst I've encountered in a webgame that takes some modicum of planning. I'm never, ever going back in there.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: March 09, 2009, 08:44:45 AM

Guess i need a horse to lower the travel time tack on to jobs.

Also the help is rather useful.

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: March 09, 2009, 08:50:47 AM

It's best to do it for 30 minutes since it's a more efficient use of time for energy. 10 minutes I guess you can do if you want to take your chances getting an item, but I always consider myself planning all my actions in 30 minute blocks.

Yeah I noticed some of the resources are really spread out.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
schild
Administrator

Reply #47 on: March 09, 2009, 08:51:49 AM

It's best to do it for 30 minutes since it's a more efficient use of time for energy. 10 minutes I guess you can do if you want to take your chances getting an item, but I always consider myself planning all my actions in 30 minute blocks.

Yeah I noticed some of the resources are really spread out.
Thankfully, now that I'm going to the middle of the map (and am, apparently, carrying an entire tavern full of quest givers in a pouch or someshit), I'm going to be closer to a lot more resources than I was when I started. I am OK with this.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: March 09, 2009, 08:53:12 AM

(and am, apparently, carrying an entire tavern full of quest givers in a pouch or someshit)

I was finding this odd too.

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: March 09, 2009, 08:53:24 AM

Guess i need a horse to lower the travel time tack on to jobs.

Also the help is rather useful.

Your first "horse" which is required for a quest will be a donkey. It can be obtained in a Town's General Store Lv. 1. BUT... if it's not a town you are a part of, it will cost 4 times as much. So it normally costs $1000 or $250 at your store.

Plus, all those items you're getting can't be sold until someone gets a town with a General Store up. It's going to be pretty nice and even for awhile until we all amass the appropriate amount of cash to get a real town going.

Bleh, it's taking the awhile to credit my account with Premium nuggets.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: March 09, 2009, 08:55:57 AM

Times is hard in the west it seems.

Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: March 09, 2009, 09:07:10 AM

Well I got my sugar at the last possible second (ie. right at 30 minutes) so it looks like if there's a 100 percent chance of getting it in a certain time and you don't get lucky enough to get it earlier it will just give it to you at the end of the time.

Cotton picking only has a 50 percent chance of working in 30 minutes though. I've got a 40 minute walk to get to some so I've set myself up to pick for an hour. I'll check back later I guess.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: March 09, 2009, 09:16:06 AM

This game needs a gadget.

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: March 09, 2009, 09:21:53 AM

Just an FYI: Later on you'll need to do some jobs to raise your level without quests. Go Sugar Cane. You need a lot for a quest later on and the stuff is the best return on investment.

schild
Administrator

Reply #54 on: March 09, 2009, 09:26:05 AM

I didn't get sugar in the first 10 minutes, but I got a broken wine bottle that's worth more than everything in my inventory and my wallet combined.
schild
Administrator

Reply #55 on: March 09, 2009, 10:42:15 AM

1 hour spent on cotton, NUTHIN.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: March 09, 2009, 10:49:34 AM

One hour and got a cotton. The next quest is to get to level 2 so I guess I'm off to pick more sugar. Putting up posters is far too scary and dangerous!
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: March 09, 2009, 10:50:16 AM

1 hour spent on cotton, NUTHIN.

Games random as shit then, because i set mine to 10, and got one. I'm currently working on level 2, gettin' some sugar.

schild
Administrator

Reply #58 on: March 09, 2009, 10:53:31 AM

Heh, if the next quest is get to level 2 then I might've just canceled my 30 minutes and switched it to 2 hours as i'm halfway there already. awesome, for real
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: March 09, 2009, 10:56:37 AM

I suspect that it rolls the dice at the end of each work period. If you have time to babysit it I think the most efficient way to gather stuff is to work in 10 minute chunks. No way I'm doing that though. I'm just not quite that obsessive. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: March 09, 2009, 11:00:46 AM

I suspect that it rolls the dice at the end of each work period. If you have time to babysit it I think the most efficient way to gather stuff is to work in 10 minute chunks. No way I'm doing that though. I'm just not quite that obsessive. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Like i said this game needs a gadget, one with a live timer and current job name, at least.

Also, art side. To their credit, the use of poser models do not even bother me. Normally, they do.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #61 on: March 09, 2009, 11:32:38 AM

All right, I'm in.  I can't find a "guild" thingy in game.  Is there one?  How do I hook up with all y'all?

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: March 09, 2009, 11:46:54 AM

I just started and I'm picking tobacco.

yay

edit:
I'm in the very middle/bottom of the map.
schild
Administrator

Reply #63 on: March 09, 2009, 11:49:18 AM

All right, I'm in.  I can't find a "guild" thingy in game.  Is there one?  How do I hook up with all y'all?
We're going to have our own little town with a "bulletin board" of sorts it would seem.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #64 on: March 09, 2009, 11:52:32 AM

Ah, I see.  A town is a guild.  Cool.  My character name is "Spamwise", so toss me an invite when we're ready.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: March 09, 2009, 12:13:59 PM

I'm in world 8 under Xanthipe.  Can't use my other name because that's in World 7 still.

Started way over on the right edge, 3rd down.  Walking toward the middle more on my jobs.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 12:30:20 PM by Xanthippe »
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: March 09, 2009, 12:21:43 PM

So does anyone know enough about this game to suggest what character classes a town needs? From the description it looks like "Workers" are useful but geeze it sure doesn't sound like much fun.
schild
Administrator

Reply #67 on: March 09, 2009, 02:02:33 PM

This is the best resource cluster I've been able to find. Walking there now, but anyway, filter out for "picking cotton" and look for that blue dot. Just a bevy of stuff to grind your way quickly to level 10. Also, since we're aiming for a town, it may be worth doing stuff that has a high luck possibility so we have stuff to sell in town right when it opens. Also you can come across weapons and clothing and such. Anyway, yea, I'm going there. Whoop whoop.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #68 on: March 09, 2009, 02:07:43 PM

Want to include the global map in that there screenshot, hoss?  (Lower right of the minimap dialog, under the search dropdown.  Tells what minimap "screen" you're on.)

schild
Administrator

Reply #69 on: March 09, 2009, 02:11:05 PM

The global map is in the screenshot, hoss. I just took 2 screenshots so I could move it to not cover up the resources.

Edit: That's the SW Area (really, about 80% of the whole map) of the global map.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 106 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: The West (as of 3/09, Bat Country will be on World 8)  
Jump to: