Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:31:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: TERA Online from Bluehole Studio 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: TERA Online from Bluehole Studio  (Read 431467 times)
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #805 on: August 29, 2013, 07:55:59 AM

NA got the crappy versions of these Ohhhhh, I see. No boob sliders like KTERA and we can't change the colors on the standard costumes either.

tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #806 on: August 29, 2013, 09:35:38 AM

Costumes come in two versions -- fixed colour, and one that's dyeable (but comes from random item box rather than direct purchase, for bigger moneyhats)

The sliders supposedly don't work with NATera version at the moment, KTera is running on newer code. So once they catch up with the updates to where KTera was when these swimsuits were released, the sliders are likely to be added. Should happen around September.

Also, it's not just boob sliders, but also thigh size sliders. I don't even swamp poop
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #807 on: August 29, 2013, 09:44:16 AM

The EU page implies that even the standard swimsuits are color changeable. In NA only 1 of the typically 3 styles is dyeable.
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #808 on: August 29, 2013, 10:59:47 PM

The EU page implies that even the standard swimsuits are color changeable. In NA only 1 of the typically 3 styles is dyeable.

Hmm yeah, the EU page makes it sound they are only selling the dyable versions of the swimsuits. I don't have account there so can't check it, but I didn't see any outrage on the NA forums about EU getting better deal, so no idea how accurate it is. I did see dyeable version of pretty much all the new swimsuits on the broker in NA version though, so I think they are there, just a subject to the usual loot lottery.

In any case there's new addition to NA version today -- school uniforms
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #809 on: September 05, 2013, 09:59:43 AM

Been playing this now for about a 4 days.  If you want old school UO ganking, go PvP server.  I accidentally did this (don't ask,) and found out quick that anyone can attack anyone outside of town.  That mostly involves lvl 60's instakilling me for giggles.

Quickly went to RP server and having more fun.  This is a more visually appealing WoW with some real action combat aspect to it.  The "real action" becomes more apparent after about 20 lvl.  The mobs get harder so you have to do some work (read: moving around) to kill them.  It is nice because depending on how much work you want to do, you can kill things that would normally be too high lvl.

The game is stable.  My biggest gripe is that it is very senesitive to your bandwidth.  Anytime one of my kids starts to download or stream anything on their phones, tablets, etc., the game freezes up and basically becomes unplayable.  It is the most sensitive to this out of all the other online games I play.

I really haven't run into a reason to pay for anything yet.  I expect I'll hit a reason soon and just might pay since I'm having some fun with it.  I haven't done much with crafting, so that's my next action now that I have a ton of resources.  I'll try PvP a bit later once I get a better feeling for itemization in this game.  Level 24 now.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #810 on: September 05, 2013, 10:24:56 AM

The game is stable.  My biggest gripe is that it is very senesitive to your bandwidth.  Anytime one of my kids starts to download or stream anything on their phones, tablets, etc., the game freezes up and basically becomes unplayable.  It is the most sensitive to this out of all the other online games I play.
Yes it can also slow down the pace of your attacks even when things aren't freezing since skills are checked against the server (protecting against client-side abuse). If your router has a QoS (Quality of Service) feature you might want to see if enabling that for your PC helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWwVV0hd9_I
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #811 on: September 05, 2013, 10:25:45 AM

I've been saying this for a long time, TERA is an awesome game that has many, many things just done right. Also, the business model is fantastic that is completely and absolutely free up to level 60. My biggest gripe is exactly the level 60. Once you hit the cap the slot maching/gambling mechanism of enchanting kicks in and can totally drive you nuts, not to mention that you will need to start paying a subscription if you want to keep growing (ie: make money and faction) at a decent rate.

All in all, this is a really good non-sandbox MMORPG with stellar combat and outstanding graphics, and it deserved much more attention.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #812 on: September 05, 2013, 11:04:56 AM

The slot machine/gambling enchanting mechanic is really only necessary if you want to do the very top end content in a PUG*. There's plenty of level 60 end game content you can do without needing the best gear or if you are in a good guild they probably won't care as much if you don't (and can help you get what you need). You can also get a lot of good stuff just by working on the daily reputation quests which don't require you to have good gear to begin with. After you get that gear, if you want to, you can then partake in the dreaded masterwork enchanting process (to create the best items in the game), but like I said there's plenty of end game stuff you can do at 60 that doesn't require it. Having a subscription which gives you Elite status does help a lot with the reputation grind cause it'll double your reputation earnings for an hour of game time every 24 hours of real time which is significant.

* Items have "item levels" (ilvl) and you'll get kicked if your gear isn't of high enough ilvl and of the right kind
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #813 on: September 10, 2013, 07:59:58 AM

New patch being released today. The highlight is 4 new instances, interestingly aimed at various player numbers. They're made for 3, 5, 7 and 10 player groups, and the smaller ones allow to enter with any group composition. Whether the group is lacking tank, healer, or a damage dealer, they can activate NPC which will perform needed role for them.
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #814 on: September 10, 2013, 12:07:07 PM

My kids and I are enjoying this game an aweful lot. We play an hour or two every night and our guys are in the mid teens. The especially nice thing so far is that all the different abilities fit on our mice buttons. it's nice to not have to have to deal with a bunch of keyboard hotkeys.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #815 on: September 10, 2013, 01:55:53 PM

I just started subbing since I"m playing the game enough to justify in my own mind.  I figure I've got a few months of interest at least.

I'll look at that tip for bandwidth.   For now I've solved it by getting on my kids about our Netflix usage last month.  Waaaay too much!

I do like the combat setup with chained options.  I agree it is nice to just be able to do most everything with one clicks on the mouse while WASD navigating.  It still feels very active while not being cumbersome.  I also agree this one is a sleeper MMO.  I just stumbled across the discussion of it here and never expected what I found after install.  I definitely suggest trying it for free if you are looking for something different in an MMO.

I need to find a guild now.  Most tell you to apply online outside of the game.  Why is that?  Is the in-game application system borked?
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #816 on: September 19, 2013, 04:18:23 AM

Does anyone know what the chances are on the loot boxes you buy from the store? 
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #817 on: September 19, 2013, 04:34:12 PM

TERA has quite interesting event running during this weekend: They are handing out permanent level 58 characters. While the level cap is 60. All you need to do is to make a new character during the weekend, and it will be auto-leveled on Monday all way to level 58.

details:

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #818 on: September 19, 2013, 05:35:02 PM

WTF?
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #819 on: September 19, 2013, 06:21:47 PM

So you are saying that I need to install TERA and make a character just for the free boost?

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #820 on: September 19, 2013, 06:23:45 PM

Guess I'll patch my client and roll a character for this.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #821 on: September 19, 2013, 06:25:48 PM

Yes you should if you want to try the game with an almost maxed character. However if you haven't played before or don't have characters that have a decent amount of money on them it'll be a bit rough since you won't have enough money to buy skills and/or glyphs.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #822 on: September 19, 2013, 06:36:11 PM

I have a slayer in the 30s I think; my debate is if I want to roll another slayer since I know how to play them, or something else.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #823 on: September 19, 2013, 06:36:36 PM

What's good for pvp? preferably melee.

I am the .00000001428%
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #824 on: September 19, 2013, 07:30:03 PM

If it's melee, then lancers are very strong in all types of pvp, from duels, though 3v3, battlegrounds and world pvp. Warriors are probably second choice to go. Other melee got some pvp buff recently but not sure how well they work out in practice.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #825 on: September 19, 2013, 08:50:21 PM

Does anyone know what the chances are on the loot boxes you buy from the store? 
This is the only analysis I've seen so far, though I haven't tried to do an exhaustive search on the forums:

http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forums/general-discussion/topics/An-Extensive-Analysis-on-Extensive-Alkahest-Boxes?page=1
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #826 on: September 19, 2013, 10:00:59 PM

What's good for pvp? preferably melee.
This image which was posted here earlier still sums up the state of PvP AFAIK except that Warriors are now (or were until recently) FoTM for melee as they are very good in 1v1 or 3v3 situations.

If you want to do damage (i.e. kill other players) go with Warrior or Slayer. Berserker you should avoid unless you roll with a regular PvP group that can slow/stun/immobilize enemies for you. Lancer is still main CC class with its leashing and other CC abilities.

hal1
Terracotta Army

Reply #827 on: September 20, 2013, 10:35:31 PM

ok, i know its last minute here but make a char with the name something.levelup where something is whatever you want and buy tuesday youll be lvl 58 with kinda ok gear, i think or somewhat awesome, for real
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 10:43:14 PM by hal1 »
hal1
Terracotta Army

Reply #828 on: September 20, 2013, 10:41:41 PM

that was a dot. looks like a comma but use a dot
somthing.levelup and you get a name change voucher as well
only 1 per account
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 10:46:43 PM by hal1 »
Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #829 on: September 21, 2013, 01:59:55 AM

Awww. Can we keep it?
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #830 on: September 21, 2013, 07:40:30 AM

It's not pretending to be human, or whatever it is we're all supposed to be.  No caps probably gets it de-rezzed though.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #831 on: September 21, 2013, 07:47:53 AM

I'll do this again now because they emailed me free surprises!  And I really do enjoy it when I play but I've been sort of hooked of FF14 atm.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #832 on: September 21, 2013, 03:01:20 PM

Do we have a specific server or something that everyone's playing on?
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #833 on: October 17, 2013, 09:02:40 PM

Email from mmorpg.com saying they have keys for some kind of Halloween stuffs.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #834 on: May 21, 2015, 11:09:23 PM

Arise!!!  So, this is now on Steam and has apparently become the #1 played MMO on Steam.  I've tried it a few times in the past and it never clicked.  I was even given a free lvl 55 with the appropriate gear and a nice sum of money because of some sort of promotion or test they were doing.  It still didn't appeal to me.  Fast forward to today and I got in and tried out the newest class, the Gunner.  Holy shit!  I know it's early and I don't want to go full Italian and get super hyped up for a game this early on but I haven't had this much fun with a character class in an MMO in a long, long time.  Even looking past the fact the class is restricted to the female high elf and the cat people race, it was so much fun I didn't notice how generic and boring the quests were.  There's quite a few people running around in game, and who knows how long that will last, but I highly recommend at least trying out the Gunner.  There's a even a double monster killing xp event going on now until 02 June to help get past the bland quests and leveling.  Next up, the 2nd newest class, Reaper, which you unlock after reaching 40 and is restricted to...Elins. this guy looks legit  FML. Facepalm
WayAbvPar

Reply #835 on: May 21, 2015, 11:15:45 PM

I installed it a couple of months ago, got a look at the clownshoe lancer my lancer was supposed to wield, and uninstalled it. So fucking stupid looking.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #836 on: May 21, 2015, 11:50:44 PM

I like the lances -- they are retractable so you don't have this incredibly long stick hanging off your back.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #837 on: May 22, 2015, 12:21:16 AM

This game is so damn fun, and possibly the best combat in any MMORPG to date. It has been said so many times since 2011 but for some reason too many don't care/listen. I think it's just great and definitely got better over time. The questing treadmill is a joke but as you said the combat is so fun and the visuals so pretty that it's very easy to simply enjoy the repetition as opposed to what usually happens with this kind of games. I hit a wall after about three months as the progression after a while you are level 60 becomes dependant on too much repetition, dailies, luck and even real money, but overall it's a really cool MMORPG and I am glad someone else around here noticed.

angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #838 on: May 22, 2015, 07:35:58 AM

I played it for a long while and really enjoyed it. I especially appreciated that I could effectively use all my skills and stuff using the buttons on my MX518 mouse and one or two keyboard keys. It made combat a lot more fun not having to dick around with a million hotkeys and a million skills. Sort of the opposite of Warhammer Online which had way too many skills, many of which overlapped with other skills.

There used to be a funny stick figure infographic about the classes and what they were like to play. I'll have to go find it.

*edit Lancer:

Slayer:

Archer:

Warrior:
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 07:45:59 AM by angry.bob »

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #839 on: May 22, 2015, 08:11:50 AM

This game is fantastic but once you hit level 40 or so, the dreadful content in this game makes you quit. You can only take so many kill X quests before you get bored, especially once it starts slowing down. There is also a severe lack of content, even now, from what I hear. And gear is just RNG nuts type of korean stuff.

However, I heard the new class is tits awesome too. One day I'll give it a go again.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: TERA Online from Bluehole Studio  
Jump to: