Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:59:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: TERA Online from Bluehole Studio 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: TERA Online from Bluehole Studio  (Read 431494 times)
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #455 on: March 20, 2014, 11:42:29 PM

I might be me be nubbing it up, but I saw no vendor selling the good health pots (x% per sec up to 75%), the soups that top you seem to be drop from chests only and regening health is SUPER slow, even next to a fire. Late quests/mob pulls in shadow basin (where 50-60% of all quests are group btw) and the quests around panda-people-town (mid to late 20s) were getting pretty tough, so I burned through my pots/soups pretty fast, after that it's a lot of downtime.

The best way to regen health out-of-combat is bandages. Well, that and not getting hit in the first place :p

If you're still using bandages from the starter island, obviously those aren't going to make quite as much of an impact though.

Ok I'll bite. Where do you buy said bandages? I did look for them too.

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #456 on: March 21, 2014, 01:58:00 AM

Additionally, every post on this page.

Considering that most of your posts come off as semi-retarded at best maybe you should consider editing a bit more.

Quote from: Shatter
Can we get back to talking about how TERA is made from the same old bullshit MMO mold?

According to Sky it's radically different - unlike any other MMO! Maybe you two should argue now!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 02:02:25 AM by Margalis »

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Outlawedprod
Terracotta Army

Reply #457 on: March 21, 2014, 05:48:21 AM

Ok I'll bite. Where do you buy said bandages? I did look for them too.

General merchant.  Scroll to right (more than one page of items).

Also Mr. Ruten is back http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClDELJubox4
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #458 on: March 21, 2014, 06:29:36 AM

I love Bas.

Is that the vendor with the enchanting dust? I could swear I was looking for something on that vendor. How much health do they give? About a health potion's worth out of combat on no cd?

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #459 on: March 21, 2014, 06:38:13 AM

13 pages and still no mention of what the thing people care about in this game: Panty progression. Are they sold separately or only as part of the armor. Are there specialty vendors? Are some race exclusive?

Yes, I'm totally serious and to reenforce racial stereotypes I'm half Japanese.

Are there still panties in the game? I know they pulled it from the Elin race and anything else that looks like it is really just part of armor, like a one-piece bathing suit.

Why am I talking about this...

According to Sky it's radically different - unlike any other MMO! Maybe you two should argue now!
We get it. You two don't like each other. At this point it's not about the game and just about you two pissing all over each other. Keep it to PMs and post a summary every week so we can enjoy it in bite sized format. Maybe publish a small coffee table book.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 06:40:07 AM by NiX »
Outlawedprod
Terracotta Army

Reply #460 on: March 21, 2014, 08:17:32 AM

Is that the vendor with the enchanting dust?

Yes.  There are multiple tabs and multiple pages on some vendors.  Bandages vary with level ranks.  Don't remember exact amounts. I think cooldown if any was short.  To be honest never used them much.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #461 on: March 21, 2014, 08:27:03 AM

We get it. You two don't like each other. At this point it's not about the game and just about you two pissing all over each other. Keep it to PMs and post a summary every week so we can enjoy it in bite sized format. Maybe publish a small coffee table book.

If this entertains you, you should check out Sky's conversations with andydavo in the Bloodbowl forums. Popcorn
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #462 on: March 21, 2014, 08:28:20 AM

Is that the vendor with the enchanting dust? I could swear I was looking for something on that vendor. How much health do they give? About a health potion's worth out of combat on no cd?
I don't believe there is a cooldown, but they are short HoTs (10 sec?) so you'll need to wait for one buff to fade before using another. Couldn't give you an exact number/level, but the bandage I was using at 23 restored something like 25% of my hp each use.

You also might want to try a class besides warrior. They're apparently in a weird place as evasion tanks, and don't have the survivability of lancers (especially vs groups of enemies) or the dps of any regular dps class.
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #463 on: March 21, 2014, 09:46:21 AM

I tried lancer and the huge sword DPS when my server went down for a bit. They're shit, the warrior is fun. 25% is plenty for me, I go through 7-8 pulls before I run out of health, if I can bandage for 25% inbetween I'll have zero downtime, where my whole issue is.

Well that and the gorup content, but I'll at least give it another weekend before completely writting it off.

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #464 on: March 24, 2014, 08:15:25 AM

Played for a couple hours in the beta last night. Game is pretty and the combat is definitely different but the readability of UI elements really needs some work. Nameplates, tooltip font, pretty much any text that is not the numbers that pop off mobs when fighting are just too thin to be able to read easily even with UI scale increased.

Will probably play a bit more tonight/tomorrow but it is not hitting me as a must buy, if only because my pc is getting long in the tooth and I can't afford a new one ATM. Though I must say the orgasmic grunt female characters make when failing at gathering is definitely a bit creepy.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #465 on: April 04, 2012, 06:16:51 AM

I have 3 beta codes if anyone hasn't tried this yet.
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #466 on: April 04, 2012, 06:36:11 AM

I have 3 beta codes if anyone hasn't tried this yet.

I'll take one :)
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #467 on: April 04, 2012, 09:15:21 AM

I wouldn't mind trying it.

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #468 on: April 04, 2012, 09:17:11 AM

I'd like one.

I am the .00000001428%
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #469 on: April 04, 2012, 09:50:08 AM

Don't know if this still works or not, but there was something from Reddit where you could get a beta key for the last closed beta weekend (April 6-8) just by entering "TERA4REDDIT" as your beta key. I recommend trying this if you didn't get a code elsewhere already or were in a previous beta only for one weekend. On Monday there were still 3500 out of 10,000.

I used to write for extinct gaming sites
details available here (unused blog about page)
Ssath
Terracotta Army

Reply #470 on: April 04, 2012, 11:51:06 AM

I have 3 beta codes as well, if people are still wanting some.
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #471 on: April 04, 2012, 01:02:01 PM

Just tried the Reddit code and it worked for the newest beta, for what's worth.
Ssath
Terracotta Army

Reply #472 on: April 04, 2012, 01:09:40 PM

Just gave away my last beta code, so hopefully the Reddit code works for everybody else who wants to try it.
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #473 on: April 04, 2012, 02:45:03 PM

They're removing item de-leveling from the game before it launches.  Heart

Now they just need to scrap the worthless Stamina system, and they'll have addressed my two major complaints.
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #474 on: April 05, 2012, 04:45:12 AM

So let me get this straight...this is from what I read last night(going to play this weekend) so feel free to correct if I read this wrong:

No battlegrounds of any kind at launch at least for solo players
Some kind of grouped battleground available(10 man)
Battlegrounds may be in this summer
World PvP has no real objectives or purpose, just gank
No PvP rewards

So as a solo PvPer why should I play TERA?
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #475 on: April 05, 2012, 05:45:17 AM

Shatter, your post sums up why I am canceling my preorder  swamp poop

And actually, I have a trusted bunch of 6 - 10 rl friends that I could get to join this, we are fairly serious for PvP in any game, but for some reason I don't trust this one going anywhere. It has been out too long (in Korea) with too little done for PvP. Sigh.

NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #476 on: April 05, 2012, 08:17:21 AM

So let me get this straight...this is from what I read last night(going to play this weekend) so feel free to correct if I read this wrong:

No battlegrounds of any kind at launch at least for solo players
Some kind of grouped battleground available(10 man)
Battlegrounds may be in this summer
World PvP has no real objectives or purpose, just gank
No PvP rewards

So as a solo PvPer why should I play TERA?

You shouldn't. They have no interest in pursuing PvP after watching the beta tests and it shows.
nurtsi
Terracotta Army

Reply #477 on: April 05, 2012, 08:53:53 AM

If anyone still has spare keys around I could give this a whirl.
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #478 on: April 05, 2012, 09:14:36 AM

Try that entering TERA4REDDIT as your beta key, was still working according to a friend of mine.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #479 on: April 05, 2012, 09:26:48 AM

Those of you who planned on playing this weekend should start patching yesterday.

I am the .00000001428%
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #480 on: April 05, 2012, 09:46:36 AM

Those of you who planned on playing this weekend should start patching yesterday.
Also, despite what it says in the minimum requirements, you will require 50gb of free space to successfully install and patch the game (mostly because their patcher sucks). Also if you don't disable P2P in the Launcher settings, it screws the download completely (either resulting in a checksum problem or detecting corrupted files on peers making the bandwidth go haywire).

tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #481 on: April 05, 2012, 10:00:23 AM

Yeah, the patch is pretty much 20+ gb zip file or something to that effect, so you need 2x that space overall for it to unpack.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #482 on: April 05, 2012, 10:13:06 AM

Also, despite what it says in the minimum requirements, you will require 50gb of free space to successfully install and patch the game (mostly because their patcher sucks). Also if you don't disable P2P in the Launcher settings, it screws the download completely (either resulting in a checksum problem or detecting corrupted files on peers making the bandwidth go haywire).

Thanks for that tip, dl speed almost tripled when i disabled p2p.  I hope i won't get screwed because it was on for 30% of the download.

I am the .00000001428%
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #483 on: April 05, 2012, 10:30:22 AM

Keep an eye on the launcher, and it's only really a problem if you get a checksum error appearing. IF you get that (checksum) then you need to uninstall and start from scratch (with P2P off).

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #484 on: April 05, 2012, 12:03:01 PM

Ok, Im gonna give away the key (unused) that Ssath gave me (thanks anyway).  PM me if ya want it!

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #485 on: April 05, 2012, 01:54:26 PM

Took me almost 12 hours to patch yesterday :P
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #486 on: April 06, 2012, 03:49:32 PM

I have a couple spare keys that nobody in my guild wanted, so first come, first served. Send me a PM if you want one.

<edit>
One claimed, one left. PM if interested.
</edit>
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 07:30:40 PM by Soukyan »

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #487 on: April 06, 2012, 08:49:46 PM

I have keys but if I can be assed I'll be trying to get my $15 back from Gamestop this weekend. I've never been so bored in a fresh new mmo world.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #488 on: April 06, 2012, 09:53:42 PM

Wow, the character models and "armor" are pretty absurd.  My character shall start on a quest for pants because her butt is gonna be getting awfully cold in this get-up.

The whole modal UI thing around inventory/character/etc panels is kinda annoying (moving dismisses them instantly, etc).

Quest rewards for intro quests that require you be three levels higher than you are are kinda silly.

The combat's a little different -- there's actually value in dodging.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 10:10:48 PM by Quinton »
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #489 on: April 07, 2012, 07:14:17 AM

Tried it last night, not sure I could get into this.  Males of 50% of the races are gay as hell, the little cutesy girl race is girl only and gives off a pedophile vibe.  Once I got into the game I expected pretty and it was, the combat was different and fun but it quickly went into quest grind mode.  If I knew the game had decent PvP I could tolerate the race and quest part but since it doesnt Im pretty sure Im out on this one. 
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: TERA Online from Bluehole Studio  
Jump to: