Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:19:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: TERA Online from Bluehole Studio 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: TERA Online from Bluehole Studio  (Read 431489 times)
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #315 on: February 12, 2012, 01:09:43 PM

Really?  Someone actually said those terrible character models look better than SWTOR?  Seriously?  And that's not even taking into account the super creepy little pedo girls.   ACK!

Subjective stuff aside just technically they are way better.

In the shot of the character her outfit looks very 3 dimensional, the textures are good, the shadow is good, the lighting is good.

On my two year old laptop I get textures, 3d outfits and lighting that are comparable to that screenshot, only with better faces and without the creepy little girls.  Shadows I have turned down, though.  So technically I don't think Tera way better.  And subjectively Old Republic waaaaaaaay better.

Over and out.
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #316 on: February 12, 2012, 02:04:08 PM

On my two year old laptop I get textures, 3d outfits and lighting that are comparable to that screenshot, only with better faces and without the creepy little girls.
Speaking objectively, texture resolution (and mesh quality) may be similar in the SWTOR dialogue scenes to what can be seen on http://i.imgur.com/7fWx4.jpg but even that would require a stretch in SWTOR's favour imo. Outside of the cutscenes it's no contest at all. There's a reason why there's plenty of bitching about the quality of SWTOR textures in the relevant threads.
AcidCat
Terracotta Army

Reply #317 on: February 12, 2012, 03:35:58 PM

Yeah I know this veers into subjective territory but the character models and even the starter armors are so, so much better than SWTOR in both technical and aesthetic aspects.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #318 on: February 12, 2012, 07:36:28 PM

The oddly-shaped races (like the Panda dudes or whatever the fuck they are) are also really nicely modeled, especially compared to the typical stick a tiger head on a man's body and call it a day.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #319 on: February 12, 2012, 10:13:10 PM

So what about, you know, actually playing the game?
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #320 on: February 13, 2012, 04:55:18 AM

Im not playing but this is what Ive interpreted from beta testers so far...

Levels 1-20 suck for combat until you finally get more abilities
Standard kill / quest system
No world PvP
Pretty

NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #321 on: February 13, 2012, 06:00:40 AM

Im not playing but this is what Ive interpreted from beta testers so far...

Levels 1-20 suck for combat until you finally get more abilities
Standard kill / quest system
No world PvP
Pretty

I enjoyed the combat enough. It can seem repetitive, but I guess it depends on which class you're playing. I played a Slayer, apparently the most played class, and was never bothered by the combat. It also helped that there was a lot of thought put into each race and how they use each skill. My Pandaman's evade as a slayer was awesome.

Also, they'll be releasing the 1-40 revamp as part of the open beta, so everything people play in the CBT probably isn't going to represent the same launch experience.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #322 on: February 13, 2012, 06:03:34 AM

4 more screenshots (just the tutorial/starting area, nothing fancy), max. settings that the game currently allows:

How did you get rid of the UI? I couldn't figure that out for the life of me.
Outlawedprod
Terracotta Army

Reply #323 on: February 13, 2012, 07:15:05 AM

How did you get rid of the UI? I couldn't figure that out for the life of me.

CTRL-Z
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #324 on: February 13, 2012, 08:25:42 AM

This game looks very pretty, and the UI is fantastic.  I played a Mystic up to level 12 and it was very fun to play.

About level 10 or so it just got extremely repetitive with kill this kill that kill this kill that and I facerolled everything.  The mobs hardly did any damage on the newbie island and I just stood there tanking everything.

This probable changes but the game gets dull very fast.  Might get better later on.  At least you level quickly.
Outlawedprod
Terracotta Army

Reply #325 on: February 13, 2012, 08:42:56 AM

Looks like the new content in KR is going to be public quest/rift invasion style thing.  http://steparu.com/previews/mmo-rpg-previews/823-tera-queen-of-argon-part-1?start=3
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #326 on: February 13, 2012, 08:50:49 AM

This game looks very pretty, and the UI is fantastic.  I played a Mystic up to level 12 and it was very fun to play.

About level 10 or so it just got extremely repetitive with kill this kill that kill this kill that and I facerolled everything.  The mobs hardly did any damage on the newbie island and I just stood there tanking everything.

This probable changes but the game gets dull very fast.  Might get better later on.  At least you level quickly.

Did we play the same game? The UI needs work, especially the choice to have alt/escape and any menu (Inventory, character..etc) open the non-attack mode version of the UI, which instantly makes it possible for you to drag any god damn UI element all over the place without warning. Sometimes it feels like way too much is on the screen.
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #327 on: February 13, 2012, 09:17:08 AM

Looks like the new content in KR is going to be public quest/rift invasion style thing.  http://steparu.com/previews/mmo-rpg-previews/823-tera-queen-of-argon-part-1?start=3

Which would make this 1 year or so after launch? 
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #328 on: February 13, 2012, 10:53:51 AM

Did we play the same game? The UI needs work, especially the choice to have alt/escape and any menu (Inventory, character..etc) open the non-attack mode version of the UI, which instantly makes it possible for you to drag any god damn UI element all over the place without warning. Sometimes it feels like way too much is on the screen.

I didn't have an issue with it.  You can lock the UI if you want too.  It seemed pretty standard to me.  The design was very minimal which I like a lot.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #329 on: February 13, 2012, 01:30:45 PM

Whar tits

disapointed
Outlawedprod
Terracotta Army

Reply #330 on: February 14, 2012, 05:13:31 PM

raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #331 on: February 14, 2012, 09:04:25 PM

I used to like anime and anime inspired art and modeling. Now I want to shoot it in the face/nuke it from orbit. Have I gotten old or has everything just gone to shit? It's like the whole style has just become a parody of itself. That screenshot is vomit inducing. And I've got a steel gullet.

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #332 on: February 14, 2012, 10:22:24 PM

It's not age, anime has always encompassed diverse styles and what is popular now is not the same as what was popular 10 or 20 years go.

Also I'm not sure if anime is what to call Korean stuff, which from what little I've seen is like more "typical anime" than most actual anime.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #333 on: February 15, 2012, 04:29:16 AM

Also I'm not sure if anime is what to call Korean stuff, which from what little I've seen is like more "typical anime" than most actual anime.

They don't make much anime as far as I know, and it's generally called "Manhwa".

And from having read quite a few titles, their material it is a bit more creepy compared to Japanese stuff. Less subtle, very strong gender roles and sexist tones and the heroes are all motivated by power or cash. Lots of power fantasies. Though that might also be the result of a more narrow readership. So the female models here don't surprise me at all, the female dwarves in lineage 2 were a bit... hmm, as well.

And it's not like manga itself is a beacon for enlightenment to start with.

A comparison with something like the Tarutaru probably shows the difference in game terms, I don't remember them having a lot of "panty" outfits.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 04:38:46 AM by Kageru »

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #334 on: February 15, 2012, 07:02:58 AM

I'm going to have to stop reading this thread at work.  If I got called into IT for some of these images it would be pretty awkward...

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Severian
Terracotta Army

Reply #335 on: February 15, 2012, 08:36:29 AM

That produced an odd mix of simultaneous amusement, revulsion, and a twinge of stomach pain.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #336 on: February 15, 2012, 09:21:21 AM

Anime is an artistic cancer.
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #337 on: February 15, 2012, 11:01:24 AM

Anime is an artistic cancer.

I think it is now. 15, 20 years or more ago it had merit. Now it's become a bad parody of itself.

Sorry for the derail.

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #338 on: February 15, 2012, 11:15:02 AM

Our guitarist had gotten a vhs of Akira in a trade deal for some speakers. He put it in and despite massive quantities of marijuana, it was quickly removed and never watched again. I haven't seen anything since I've liked better.

Though thinking back, I guess it goes back to G-Force in the late 70s. As a kid, I'm all 'where the fuck are my looney tunes, what's this soap opera bullshit'.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #339 on: February 15, 2012, 01:18:07 PM

Anime isn't a fucking art style. angry

(Queue three or four year old argument.)

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #340 on: February 15, 2012, 01:35:18 PM

Anime isn't a fucking art style.
No, that's hentai!

why so serious?
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #341 on: February 15, 2012, 02:12:34 PM

Rimshot

Cthulu

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #342 on: February 16, 2012, 07:07:30 AM

7GB Patch available for download. It's quite BIG because it will introduce high resolution tits textures.

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #343 on: February 17, 2012, 06:35:33 AM

Apparently you can get into all beta tests for 5 euro preorder couldn't do that for US server/beta for who knows what reason. Not sure if the IGN trial got people into all the "closed" testing periods or just one?

http://community.tera-europe.com/shop.html

I wish that Amazon or someone was selling US version preorder for $5 but haven't seen that yet.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 06:43:00 AM by Hoax »

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #344 on: February 17, 2012, 10:29:45 AM

I was under the impression that any pre-order got you into everything.
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #345 on: February 17, 2012, 12:09:12 PM

Amazon and Gamestop.com preorders don't actually cost you anything either. You can cancel them before the game launches if you don't like the beta, or if the 13-year old cat girls without pants creep you out.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #346 on: February 17, 2012, 01:45:48 PM

Preordering on the official site takes all the cash at the time of pre-order, but you can cancel for a refund.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #347 on: February 17, 2012, 11:11:27 PM

So.... when is the US court date?

NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #348 on: February 22, 2012, 11:27:40 AM

So.... when is the US court date?

No date set that I can find. It was only filed in the US on January 9th.
Outlawedprod
Terracotta Army

Reply #349 on: February 23, 2012, 04:02:00 PM

Info on changes made specifically for NA Tera based on CBT1 feedback.  Well I guess they can already do better as far as tailoring stuff to their potential market than Aion did.
http://tera.enmasse.com/news/patch-notes/patch-160305

In other news they did announce that the most popular character in CBT1 was Female Castanic Warrior
http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/recapping-teras-successful-first-closed-beta-test

2 PVP servers will be available in CBT2.  Right now they have no final plan for open world PVP ruleset.  Appears they will adjust it based on CBT feedback.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: TERA Online from Bluehole Studio  
Jump to: