Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:21:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Pride and Predator 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pride and Predator  (Read 3858 times)
Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

on: February 18, 2009, 08:10:50 AM

Pride and Predator has begun production.  Yes, it is what you think it is.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 09:18:40 AM by schild »
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 08:14:33 AM

Elton John's Rocket Pictures hopes to make the first Jane Austen adaptation to which men will drag their girlfriends.

Will Clark is set to direct "Pride and Predator," which veers from the traditional period costume drama when an alien crash lands and begins to butcher the mannered protags, who suddenly have more than marriage and inheritance to worry about.

It actually sounds kind of cool.

Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 08:19:53 AM

Decapitations, disembowlments, and copious blood spraying set to an Elton John tune?  That could be either absolutely wretched or the most awesomest thing ever.

I'll most likely be so drunk it'll be awesome either way.

“Why the fuck would you ... ?” is like 80% of the conversation with Poly — Chimpy
Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 08:21:02 AM

Decapitations, disembowlments, and copious blood spraying set to an Elton John tune?  That could be either absolutely wretched or the most awesomest thing ever.

See, the only worry I've got is that I was prepared for Snakes On a Plane to be equally awesome and was incredibly disappointed.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 08:25:33 AM

"Mr Darcy! Get to the chopper!"

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 08:42:08 AM

Pride and Predator has begun production.  Yes, it is what you think it is.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Oh man, this will be so awfulsome. DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 09:13:56 AM

Pride & Prejudice World

Yet Another Costume Drama

These mashups with Jane Austen seem to be all the rage. I was pitching the idea of trying to adapt Mansfield Park into a zombie film or straightforward slasher flick to a director friend the other day*.

*Yes, because of the Pride & Prejudice & Zombies novel that came out recently.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
schild
Administrator

Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 09:18:26 AM

See, the only worry I've got is that I was prepared for Snakes On a Plane to be equally awesome and was incredibly disappointed.
Snakes on a Plane was very, very obviously going to be a giant piece of shit. It was just pure marketing brilliance.  I have still yet to see that crap. This however, is far beyond marketing brilliance.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 09:25:27 AM

Snakes on a Plane was good stupid fun. It was exactly what you should expect it to be, a campy, braindead movie you can get drunk with your buddies and MST3K. If you expected anything more, you didn't pay enough attention to the marketing.

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 09:34:47 AM

For the next one, 300 Aliens.

"Me am play gods"
Rishathra
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: February 18, 2009, 10:19:35 AM

Brilliant idea.  Almost as brilliant as...

"...you'll still be here trying to act cool while actually being a bored and frustrated office worker with a vibrating anger-valve puffing out internet hostility." - Falconeer
"That looks like English but I have no idea what you just said." - Trippy
Broughden
Terracotta Army

I put the 'shill' in 'cockmonkey'.

Reply #11 on: February 18, 2009, 12:03:22 PM

Spoiler. Pre-production move still.

The wave of the Reagan coalition has shattered on the rocky shore of Bush's incompetence. - Abagadro
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: February 20, 2009, 07:57:41 PM

I'm predicting they finally get Predator when the female heroine impales it with whalebone from her corset  awesome, for real

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: February 20, 2009, 08:00:32 PM

I'm predicting they finally get Predator when the female heroine impales it with whalebone from her corset  awesome, for real

I don't know...  This was the age of the duel, so maybe it'll be flintlocks vs. shoulder mounted plasma cannons at dawn.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS
dusematic
Terracotta Army

Diablo 3's Number One Fan

Reply #14 on: February 20, 2009, 09:23:13 PM

Who killed Alexander Hamilton?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Pride and Predator  
Jump to: