Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:56:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Estiah 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Estiah  (Read 128089 times)
Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #420 on: August 11, 2009, 10:28:02 AM

Yay, finished the test thingies for Paladin, now I just gotta wander back to the right town  awesome, for real

“Why the fuck would you ... ?” is like 80% of the conversation with Poly — Chimpy
Delmania
Terracotta Army

Reply #421 on: August 11, 2009, 01:19:40 PM

Finally defeated The Underground Academy.  5000 HP makes for one long fight.

Severian
Terracotta Army

Reply #422 on: August 11, 2009, 02:42:55 PM

Finally defeated The Underground Academy.  5000 HP makes for one long fight.
Yeah, it took me a while to come up with a workable combo, and it's still probably not a whole lot better than 50-50 to get a win (I can't heal those dudes). But now I'm done looting its coffers and off my duo go for Tier Three: The Becomening
Delmania
Terracotta Army

Reply #423 on: August 11, 2009, 02:55:03 PM

I actually waited to become a death knight before trying that fight, just so I could use Touch of Decay.  However the one time I've won, I had 0 charms left, so I suspect it will be a fun few fights.   The only way to keep those dudes alive long enough is to use a combination of protect and melee debuff charms as well as 5 White Sealing Orbs. 

Delmania
Terracotta Army

Reply #424 on: August 11, 2009, 02:58:01 PM

The only class that has any real group healing is the hierarch, so when she gets to that level, I hope she has an easier time...

Severian
Terracotta Army

Reply #425 on: August 11, 2009, 03:50:52 PM

The key to big damage towards the end is Sylan equipment (or other melee+magic attacks you might have), you double your accumulated drug induced stabbiness. I pulled that tip off the forums when I was frustrated. Here's the gear I used at 39 FWIW.

And here's a fight. The cards didn't fall that great for me in this one, but I made it anyway.
Delmania
Terracotta Army

Reply #426 on: August 27, 2009, 06:32:58 AM

Ok, Greydam is an utter bitch.  That is all.

Severian
Terracotta Army

Reply #427 on: August 27, 2009, 03:05:10 PM

Ok, Greydam is an utter bitch.  That is all.

Bah, he's a pushover. I've already beaten him twice in twenty attempts.
Ignoring my eighteen losses I'm perfect against him.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #428 on: August 27, 2009, 03:08:39 PM

My character feels super weak at Lv. 22. Probably because I didn't go for pure damage dealing likes axes and went for supportish offense like Fists.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Delmania
Terracotta Army

Reply #429 on: August 28, 2009, 04:33:23 PM

What class, Lorekeep?

stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #430 on: September 09, 2009, 10:06:31 AM

I have a lvl. 19 character named Greth who is about to become a Scout. Can I get an invite?

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #431 on: November 19, 2009, 11:03:59 PM

Slight necro.

Started playing this as Rendakor, would like an invite to the F13 guild if it's still active at all. I'm only level 4, but thinking about going Death Knight. Do your early class choices make any impact on your endgame abilities? I see that you can become a DK as either a Rogue or a Mercenary; do you retain old class charms when you select a new class?

http://www.estiah.com/user/register/index/id/56101

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #432 on: November 20, 2009, 07:25:02 AM

Yes, you always keep the charms from your previous class.  So in that sense your early class choices impact your endgame abilities.  You could also say that the choice impacts you later based on what stats you decide to raise.  I'm not sure if the F13 guild is still active, but if you don't hear from anyone and still need a guild let me know and I can invite you to my guild.

most often known as Drevik
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #433 on: November 20, 2009, 08:15:24 AM

I've been playing this since I found this thread.  I'm now level 39 and about to be a Heirarch.  You can find my old posts in this thread to find when I started to let you know how long it takes.

I got a guild rolling from the FOH boards. 

It's a fun game to play once a day.
Delmania
Terracotta Army

Reply #434 on: November 20, 2009, 10:06:44 AM

Slight necro.

Started playing this as Rendakor, would like an invite to the F13 guild if it's still active at all. I'm only level 4, but thinking about going Death Knight. Do your early class choices make any impact on your endgame abilities? I see that you can become a DK as either a Rogue or a Mercenary; do you retain old class charms when you select a new class?

http://www.estiah.com/user/register/index/id/56101

Your tier 2 and tier 3 charms aren't important in the endgame, but they are important before that.  While that's obvious, what's not obvious is what defines the endgame, which is anything level 45 and above.  However, leveling takes a bit, and the game's got so much content all the way through, ignoring tier 2 and tier 3 is not something I'd advise.  As my highest is a death knight, I'd highly recommend the scout/rogue path, and the damage you get from those classes outweights the stuff from the mercenary charms.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #435 on: November 20, 2009, 10:11:17 AM

Ok thanks Del; thats the path I was leaning towards anyway.

EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #436 on: November 20, 2009, 06:55:23 PM

I've been playing this since I found this thread.  I'm now level 39 and about to be a Heirarch.  You can find my old posts in this thread to find when I started to let you know how long it takes.

I got a guild rolling from the FOH boards. 

It's a fun game to play once a day.

Out of simple curiosity, what's the name of the guild?

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #437 on: November 21, 2009, 01:39:14 PM

Richshaw Revolution

I just hit 40 and made myself a Heirarch.  Now I have to collect "Mark of..." items for my class charms.  Then I have to create a whole new deck.
Delmania
Terracotta Army

Reply #438 on: November 23, 2009, 06:03:51 AM

Richshaw Revolution

I just hit 40 and made myself a Heirarch.  Now I have to collect "Mark of..." items for my class charms.  Then I have to create a whole new deck.

Once you hit 40, I'd highly recommend the first thing you do is to rank Spirituality, Survival, and Cheat Death to ranks 3 and 2, respectively.  Also, acquiring those marks will not be easy, and may require you to rank up other skills.  Those marks comes from 4 of the most challenging dungeons in the game, and these dungeons represent the shift that occurs as you enter the endgame.  Previous to this, all of the dungeons have a theme that designed around a particular strategy.  The dungeons have no such thing, they require you pretty much to build a unique deck for every fight.  Make sure  you've gotten all the useful charms from the previous dungeons, as those will  help.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #439 on: November 23, 2009, 08:09:45 AM

Well I have two of those marks already.  Only need a few more now for the first couple of charms.

I havn't been able to touch Cheat Death skill up at all.

Edit:
Ah.  Looks like I couldn't even get Cheat Death until I hit level 40.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 08:11:19 AM by Draegan »
Delmania
Terracotta Army

Reply #440 on: November 23, 2009, 09:11:41 AM

Well I have two of those marks already.  Only need a few more now for the first couple of charms.

I havn't been able to touch Cheat Death skill up at all.

Edit:
Ah.  Looks like I couldn't even get Cheat Death until I hit level 40.

I forgot the difference between marks and insignias.  Marks come from the Trials, insignias come from the dungeons.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #441 on: November 23, 2009, 10:42:24 AM

Ah ok.

I also have someone telling me I don't have enough skills at level 40?  I wasn't aware of how far behind I was.  Also I thought there was a finite amount.

Some I don't have, that I need is the Extreme Gathering for +hps.  I need Courage/Leadership/Defender but they seem difficult to get.

I thought my character was progressing nicely.  But people seem to think that to be uber you need to sit at some level and work on a ton of skills before leveling up or something.  Shrug.
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #442 on: November 24, 2009, 04:46:25 AM

Ah ok.

I also have someone telling me I don't have enough skills at level 40?  I wasn't aware of how far behind I was.  Also I thought there was a finite amount.

Some I don't have, that I need is the Extreme Gathering for +hps.  I need Courage/Leadership/Defender but they seem difficult to get.

I thought my character was progressing nicely.  But people seem to think that to be uber you need to sit at some level and work on a ton of skills before leveling up or something.  Shrug.

It just depends on what you want to accomplish.  If you want to win the Coliseum consistently and go for a 3K+ Rating then yes, you'd need to slow down and boost your +hp skills a bit.  Other than that it's not really that big of a deal and you can certainly win without boosting every single +hp skill.  My guys routinely beat characters with more HP than me (sometimes as many as 100 more).

Delmania
Terracotta Army

Reply #443 on: November 24, 2009, 05:08:44 AM

Ah ok.

Don't worry, you'll have of plenty of chances to level skills.  Did you ever notice that x/900 that appears under you character's info?  That's your growth, and once it hits 900, jobs no longer give you stats boosts, which is important because increasing your stats is how you level in Estiah.  So once, you reach 900 growth, you need to rank lots of skills to level.  As for what skills to level, you've got  your basic defense skills - Armor, Ward, and Iron Will, your basic attack skills, which in the heierarch's case, are Holy and Mace.  Then you've got your class flavor skills like Discipline, Strengthening, and Faith.  Those are what I'd recommend ranking to 5 first, then do all the HP skills, then other ones, like tradeskills, travelling, treasure hunting, etc

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #444 on: November 24, 2009, 08:33:54 AM

nm
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #445 on: November 29, 2009, 09:58:18 PM

Having 26 Spirit at level 10 makes PVPing with an all defense deck very easy. However, since I do mostly PVP I'm pretty poor; is it worth trying to make money and buy the level 10 vendor charms, or should I just wait til 13 and buy the Soul Fragment ones? Any dungeons I should run for charms in the near future? I plan to hit up the Abandoned Manor for Willpower charms at 15, not sure what to do until then except keep farming bads for Fragments.

Delmania
Terracotta Army

Reply #446 on: December 10, 2009, 06:21:21 AM

I don't think I can stress enough the importance of skill building in this game.  If you make the effort to keep all your skills capped throughout the course of the game, it really does make things go smoothly.  Basically all 8 of my characters have been doing nothing but the Arena for the past few weeks.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #447 on: December 10, 2009, 07:40:53 AM

Hmm, alright. Should I work on skills that don't up my primary/secondary stats too, or are they skippable? Example: I'm Dex/Str focused, can I just ignore Holy (int/con)?

Delmania
Terracotta Army

Reply #448 on: December 10, 2009, 08:11:18 AM

Unless you have a burning need for a charm that requires Holy, yes.  I am assuming since you're dex/power, you're a DK to be, so you want to choose either int or cons, and then build up the skills that go with that stat.  For example, my dump stat is int, so that means I can use fire, fist, lightning, and twinblades charms. Of those, I selected lightning and twinblades and am working on ranking up those skills.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #449 on: December 10, 2009, 10:16:47 AM

Got it, thanks.

Le0
Terracotta Army

Reply #450 on: February 25, 2010, 11:19:00 PM

Been playing this game a for a little while, I'm Leodido lvl13 at the moment, could I get an invite if there is any room left please?

Also I noticed recently that sometimes I'd drop some not so bad item (ie extra action item or bane item) and the charm would never appear in my gear selection screen, is that a bug of some sort? My inventory is full of shit at 100/100 with a lot of item in temp storage but that should not be my problem ?

edit: ok I'm stupid, its just that I can't use those charms ...
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 12:33:24 AM by Le0 »
Delmania
Terracotta Army

Reply #451 on: February 26, 2010, 09:41:40 AM

I think Bat Country died on Estiah...

Le0
Terracotta Army

Reply #452 on: March 10, 2010, 04:58:07 AM

Ahh my bad... I gotta say I'm really enjoying this one, wondering why you guys all quit? Does it stays the same forever and bored you?
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #453 on: March 10, 2010, 08:55:10 AM

I played for 6 months or so and started a pretty nice guild with the FOH forum.  I just got really bored with it and just stopped one day.  It was a fun game.
Severian
Terracotta Army

Reply #454 on: April 10, 2010, 10:28:49 PM

Apparently they have been cloned in China without their consent.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Estiah  
Jump to: