Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 07:07:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Estiah 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Estiah  (Read 127844 times)
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #35 on: March 06, 2009, 06:13:18 PM

For pvp you def don't want to run non cumulative armor/ward unless it is at least 1.5 times the average damage for your level's metagame.  Which means already at L10 I'm pretty much only liking bunny hoods, yeti cloaks, L7 pvp +20 charms and the +23 200 gold vendor charms.

I'm resting all my characters except the one that is running the battle tournament in Inachis.  I'm still doing jobs because I don't really fear leveling up, I'd like to hit 12 through jobs then go on a fucking tear for fragments and max out all my pvp charms this time around.  The Thunderock charm drops look great but I don't think that I'll be able to use that many of them at 12 judging from the dungeons I've farmed so far.

Here's how i would have done it:
-focus on getting self defense up, before you go ape shit and make your pvp rating so good that people don't attack you ever.
-make sure that by 12 you have 6x5x5 fragments, this is for the 6 battle charms you will get 5 of before you hit 17, you can supplement with armor/ward/dot depending on your pvp build.
-once you've done all that pvp, you can look around and go for craftable/dropped charms to fill out your charm list.  Either for skill ups you need or to make your pvp deck better.
-make sure if you can't get a job that is useful to you, then take a movement job and the +250gold.
-if you still have action points left over, I mean if your getting over 900AP saved up, then gather based on what the skill up gives you.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 08:25:28 PM by Hoax »

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: March 12, 2009, 05:01:10 AM

I am out here farming for more brawler gear right now!  Hoax has a point about the self defense skill, but it is hard to get that many attacking you.  At this point I do not get attacked.  My defensive setup is also much nastier than my offense.  In offensive pvp you are going to end up filling gaps in skills.  Right now my deck is doing dots and training up skills I never used much (like swords, earth and other random junk).  It still wins because the concept is solid enough, but it is a bit spread out.

Level courage.  It is not that hard at low levels which makes it easier to do without specializing.  My advice would be stick with a deck that does one damage type.  Players are going to have both defenses in a deck.  If you are able to focus one one defense half the protection they have is useless.

At level 10 try to get battle protections (pvp item).  I would also suggest battle preparation, that might be of little use depending on your deck though.  Do not ignore the level 12 brawler armor/wards.  +32 defense is amazing.  At level 12 with the right loot or purchases you can get 14/14 shoulderpads through crafting in Luminia.  At level 13 there is a 17/17 item crafting item in Inachis.  Both are expensive 75/100 gp each + materials.  PVP Items do not cover both defenses. 
Delmania
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: March 12, 2009, 07:39:31 AM

Does anyone have a good strategy for building power?  I am working towards the Deathknight class, which makes heavy use of Dex, Int, and Power, but I can't seem to find any way to build all 3 at a reasonable rate.

Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: March 12, 2009, 08:32:19 AM

Destruction (break armor)
Recklessness (no defense)
Fist, Shadow, Sword
Condenser (from kata gathering)

Prospector Apprentice
Firefighter
City Guard
Graverobber

Of course, it is pretty hard to raise a third attribute into useful levels.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: March 12, 2009, 08:41:14 AM

Does anyone have a good strategy for building power?  I am working towards the Deathknight class, which makes heavy use of Dex, Int, and Power, but I can't seem to find any way to build all 3 at a reasonable rate.
There are a couple of jobs which I alternate between since I am also going for a Deathknight.  It depends on the city, but there is some overlap there are a couple of near identical jobs when it comes to stats.

City Guard: +4 Pow +2 Int
Fire Fighter: +4 Pow +2 Int
Bodyguard: +5 Pow +1 Con
Barber: +3 Dex +2 Pow +1 Int
Scribe: +3 Dex +2 Int

There were some others I liked, but Lumina doesn't have those available.  Current stats: 54 Dex, 42 Pow, 33 Con, 31 Int, 27 Spirit, 156 Hp, Level 13.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #40 on: March 12, 2009, 09:35:25 AM

I think my big revelation has been, that leveling up is sort of the enemy in many ways.  You don't want to level up while increasing a stat that has no value.  Its much better to be a very well built L13 then rush to L15, pay more AP per pvp fight and have worse stats.  I've started to use the +250 gold movement jobs much more often, basically if I don't see a job I really like the stat and skill bonuses of available at the city I happen to be at.  I've also started to pay more attention to what leveling a battle skill actually gives me.  If it doesn't level up one of my top two skills, do I really care about gimping my pvp deck to skill it up?

The wiki is down so I can't look over the Ornate Bronze L13 crafted set but here is my list of stuff that is worth going for besides the Brawler(L12) pvp sets for my characters who are all at L12 or 13 currently.

Brutal Axe(52pow/34con/L13) - Thunderock
Iron Kneepad(L10) - Cut Amethyst(Ecl), craft(Lum)
Lightning Reflexes(34int/31dex/R1Lightning) - Battle Tourny
Thundercall(36int/26dex/R1Lightning) - Battle Tourny
Stone Fist(43con/31pow/R1Earth) - Thunderock

Its in my gibberish shorthand but shouldn't be too hard to decipher.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: March 12, 2009, 01:13:04 PM

I've got a DoT deck going that does wonders.  I almost tried it out on Pezzle yesterday.

I think I'll start engaging y'all if I see you.  I still find myself feeling guilty for attacking people even if it doesnt' mean anything.

5 x Ornate Ring
1 x Brawler Shield Mug
4 x Summon Spider (need one more)
3 x Burn
2 x Poisoned Sword
3 x Spider Kris
1 x Acid Daggers
3 x Bronze Knuckles
1 x Battle Shadow Scroll
1 x Battle Holy Scroll

Most of those cards are crafted.  On top of a massive amount of DoT damage, there are a few armor breakers to make sure it can penetrate every round.  Interestingly, summons deal damage on your turn, while magic DoTs apply on the opponent's turn.  I'm hoping for more summons and a few quickening cards since I am going Scout -> Rogue -> Deathknight.

Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: March 12, 2009, 04:12:22 PM

That deck will beat me Lantyssa.  I know this because I still have trouble with DoT decks.  Trying to work out a way to beat them.
I also know because I have skirmished you several times ;)

My current defense deck is a bit silly, but it makes me grin anyway.

5x Brawlers claws
5x Bronze knuckles
5x Battle claws
2x Steelwood hammers
1x Acid daggers

The rest is defensive stuff, some of which needs upgrading.  I will probably trade out battle claws for spiders.  Once I go to town I will pick up shield mugs and poisons as well.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: March 12, 2009, 04:19:33 PM

Wow, mine is a good deck.  A level 16 attacked me, so of course he gets first hit.  He won with 4 hp.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #44 on: March 12, 2009, 06:33:46 PM

Lant get some Iron Keepads if nothing else, you should be running at least 3 of them imo.  They are L10 required craftable +8 armor +1 action.  There's also Lightning Reflex which is 6 magic damage from the Battle Tournament dungeon.

-William Gibson
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: March 12, 2009, 09:27:57 PM

I don't have the stats for the Lightning Reflexes or that other one I have but can't remember.  I've thought about the knee pads, but want to stick with my current deck for a bit.  I don't want to change too many variables at once.

Delmania
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: March 13, 2009, 05:20:16 AM

Lant get some Iron Keepads if nothing else, you should be running at least 3 of them imo.  They are L10 required craftable +8 armor +1 action.  There's also Lightning Reflex which is 6 magic damage from the Battle Tournament dungeon.

Whoa, where can you craft those?

Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: March 13, 2009, 06:18:49 AM

Imperial armorsmith in Lumina
2x Iron ore
1x Cut amethyst
1x Aluminum
60 gold

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: March 13, 2009, 09:28:07 AM

I'll cut you! angry

Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: March 13, 2009, 11:47:15 AM

I'll cut you! angry

Remorseless  training?
hehe

Can you level heroism fighting pvp 3 over your level or is it just dungeons?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 11:52:26 AM by Pezzle »
Delmania
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: March 13, 2009, 11:56:13 AM

Grr, I have no inventory space.  Since I don't really have a good idea of what are good items to craft, I keep everything.   I need to research into what items I should keep.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: March 13, 2009, 12:14:10 PM

I should build a Remorseless deck.  I like my ornate rings too much though.  M4g1c felt my wrath today, just because.  (Y'all are welcome to fight back.)

Grr, I have no inventory space.  Since I don't really have a good idea of what are good items to craft, I keep everything.   I need to research into what items I should keep.
The items will depend upon what you want to focus on.  Grey ones can safely be sold unless you want to use them as food or boosters for pet stuff.  Many things like ores, metals, vita, and kata can be bought in the town you want to craft in.  Food seems like a pet thing.  Alchemy and leather goods seem to be the ones with the most use that you cannot easily buy.

IMO, Inachis has the best armor.  Eclis has DoT items.  Zeal has Focus items (with annoyingly low damage).  I don't remember what Lumina carries.  Non-PvP cities have the PvP item traders.

Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: March 13, 2009, 12:30:09 PM

Recklessness is the one that uses no defense stuff.  Easy to do at our level really. 

I was just jumped by a level 16.  Won by 16!
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: March 13, 2009, 01:43:28 PM

Good job!  Now I'm glad I didn't attack you yesterday. Grin

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #54 on: March 15, 2009, 08:51:04 AM

I should build a Remorseless deck.  I like my ornate rings too much though.  M4g1c felt my wrath today, just because.  (Y'all are welcome to fight back.)

Lant crushed me with her DoT deck, this is m4g1c's new setup which will absolutely crush that setup versus a almost 1700 rank player at his level. FIGHT

I'm pleased with the early build of this, at L13 it won 83.3% of fights with me attacking L16's and top pvp'ers (1600+ rating to give them -1 natch)
-Not a safe bet versus people with over 175hp, so I skip them.
-If it gets unlucky with the wide swing timing (an unresolved +damage makes me  Sad Panda)
-People with +action can outrun it.  I'm otw to pick up Quick Glyphs to even those fights out more.

All four of my characters are taking on a more serious air, I've bought the 4-6 Brawler sets they can use, now I'm just toying with builds for them.  I'll be in Lumina (Spiritual Shield 4tw) for the next couple days if anyone is there to pick a fight with me.  Characters are: Hoax, El1t3one, El6t6one & M4G1Cbullet
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 08:56:51 AM by Hoax »

-William Gibson
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: March 15, 2009, 09:08:01 AM

I managed to get Lightning Reflexes (x5) into a trial deck yesterday, and after job training I will be able to add Quick Blade (x4).  I'm curious how that will play with a DoT deck.  I'm interested in trying out my Remorseles DoT deck against M4g1c again though.  It'll let Hoax see how good the defenses really are and let me make tweaks to it.  I also have a destruction set using spider summons and a ton of fist and destruction cards.  It's not as solid as the DoT deck, but I still won the majority of fights with it.

I went on a killing spree yesterday and fought every even-level player in Eversweep.  The DoT deck never lost.  The Destruction deck lost twice.  I got seventeen shards out of it.  Time for some upgrades...

Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: March 15, 2009, 10:00:53 AM

I need to farm up some extra action and tech cards.  Blargh, DELAYS
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: March 15, 2009, 10:03:53 AM

It's worth it to not be underpowered when you level.

Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: March 15, 2009, 02:55:05 PM

In case it was not mentioned, you can leave items in storage for a long long time.  Days and days and days.  I think the timer on  the items might reset if you add to the stack as well.
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #59 on: March 17, 2009, 01:16:56 AM

The scout's extra action cards all deal 1 spirit damage to yourself in order to cast.

It is harsh, but effectively brutal in most circumstances, especially if you sneak in a few powerup + willpower cards.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #60 on: March 17, 2009, 06:17:21 PM

Lant attacked me today, I didn't do too badly, Brawler's armor was a bad draw, was within 2 cards of winning, lost with her at 21hp and me sitting on 32armor.  Same day, same deck a L17 attacks me (I'm L14) and he doesn't fare so well.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 06:24:31 PM by Hoax »

-William Gibson
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: March 17, 2009, 09:07:30 PM

You did really well considering a I was a level higher.  It was a strong magic DoT deck, so the armor didn't help you at all, though against most people it wouldn't be a bad thing.

I actually thought I was going to lose.  I need to beef up my direct damage cards though.  I've only added two or three and my skill gains were so effective I leveled more than I intended.

One of my builds is an interesting skill learner:

Summon Spiderling x5
Lightning Reflexes x5
Bronze Knuckles x5
Acid Daggers x5
Quick Blade x5
Brawler's Shield Mug x2
Wide Swing x1

Destruction, Tactician, Summoning, Recklessness, Quickness, Fist, Twinblades, and potentially others.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #62 on: March 18, 2009, 10:10:34 AM

The issue is I haven't invested in Ornate Bronze or Brawler ward charms because I am at Thunderock trying to get 10 liquid stones for Spiritual Shields but its taking for fucking ever.  So I literally have no heavy ward charms on that character.  All my other defense decks run at least 3 30+ ward charms but that one.

-William Gibson
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: March 18, 2009, 10:23:05 AM

I got a destroy 42 ward card today.  That went into the magic DoT deck real quick.

If anyone is curious, it seems after four quick draws you stop.  I had a lucky chain...

Senses
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: March 19, 2009, 06:16:02 PM

These guys refuse to send me a confirmation email, does this game still exist?
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #65 on: March 19, 2009, 06:59:31 PM

Sure seemse to.

I got the first available "shifting" charms. I was wondering what the hell was up with them since they were going to be a major part of my selected T3 class.

Shifting damage is awesome, btw. It automatically turns itself into the damage type that your opponent is least defended against. Likewise with shifting cumulative armor, which automatically turns itself into the defense type you have the least of.

Totally hot for auto-defense decks.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: March 19, 2009, 08:53:15 PM

I had two shifting daggers I was finally able to use today, too.  They are great.

In PvP, I had a match-up I won with 1 hp left!  Talk about a nail-biter.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #67 on: March 20, 2009, 12:10:46 PM

These guys refuse to send me a confirmation email, does this game still exist?

Check spam folder? 

I'm a little overwhelmed atm with 4 characters, may end up  shelving my two most promsing for awhile and working with my more failed experiments up to L20.  I'm just getting to L15, which means colliseum, which is something I've been very excited about.

I still dominate people 2 levels above me but the margin for error has been shrinking noticably.

-William Gibson
Delmania
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: March 20, 2009, 05:37:43 PM

I've been finding that levels really aren't a good indication of anything.  It really does depend on how well you setup your deck and the luck of the draw.  Certainly is interesting!

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #69 on: March 20, 2009, 09:33:17 PM

That's not true, minimum +2 levels have +20 hp, usually they have more.  I judge based of hp when I choose my attacks since I run mostly under max charm decks for efficiency of draws.

I beat Lant today with one of my characters who is L15 (she's at 16) but I haven't made it public.

-William Gibson
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Estiah  
Jump to: