Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:43:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: A Sneak Peek at Patch 1.2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Sneak Peek at Patch 1.2  (Read 43142 times)
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: February 16, 2009, 09:38:53 AM

Hrm. I really did like the underwater crap in WoW. Rubbish aggro mechanics, but fun concept.
My problem with an underwater adventure is how murlocks ignore ship walls.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: February 16, 2009, 10:31:38 AM

Hrm. I really did like the underwater crap in WoW. Rubbish aggro mechanics, but fun concept.

Thats because Murlocks rule the world.
ashrik
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: February 16, 2009, 11:01:20 AM

I just read through those notes, there's some nice stuff for people who're playing. But like before, I don't think there's anything special enough to lure you back if you've sworn off it previously.
Delmania
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: February 16, 2009, 11:08:40 AM

Right, most people who left the game did so because of design flaws, whether or not they realize it.  This patch addresses issues with the current design, but do very little, if any, to address the designs flaws that people tend to mention.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #74 on: February 16, 2009, 11:24:45 AM

Circuit City had a bunch of 60-day time cards for WAR in their PC Games section this weekend, all at 60% off. So I could have bought like 4 months for $24. I opted to spend $16 on the Lord of the Rings Online Mines of Moria expansion, even though I'm not sure when I plan on playing this if at all. That's how bad the game has soured on me. Thanks to Jacobs' intransigence, the game's basic design flaws and Barnett's douchebaggery, it'll be a cold day in hell before I'll play this game again.

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #75 on: February 16, 2009, 01:03:18 PM

It was sarcasm, at least on my part.  Apparently we really do need to go back to green. swamp poop

But dude, where's my car? there really are 55 pages of patch notes!

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Register
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: February 16, 2009, 10:37:34 PM

Thats because Murlocks rule the world.

Check this clip - its old, but some of you guys might not have seen it.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9keaMXDb9Sk
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #77 on: February 16, 2009, 10:53:45 PM

I had not seen that. Amusing, and thanks for the link.  awesome, for real

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: February 23, 2009, 12:26:23 PM

Blizzard should totally make that into a mega-live event. Something akin to what Turbine used to do with AC back in the day.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #79 on: February 25, 2009, 02:12:18 AM

Paul Barnett on Games list creation

Part 1 sets the background to what he's doing.

Part 2 top 10 important games in history

I found more interesting the game he didn't mention.

Part 3 top 10 games right now part

Again, interesting the two games he didn't mention.

Delmania
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: February 25, 2009, 05:03:56 AM

I thought I'd mention that there are more patch notes, but not currently on the Herald.  Seems they have some extensive tweaks to all of the classes.  For example, the auras for a chosen no longer drain AP and they have a tactic that will actually cause to them to regen when running an aura.  This seems to be typical Mythic fashion: fixing the game and rethinking design decisions after ythe majority of your population has left.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #81 on: February 25, 2009, 12:57:09 PM

Part 3 top 10 games right now part

Again, interesting the two games he didn't mention.

What's interesting isn't that he didn't just not mention DAoC or Warhammer, he didn't mention ONE STINKING MMORPG. NOT ONE.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: February 25, 2009, 02:50:07 PM

I also found it interesting that most of his choices in the second part were console or handheld titles.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: February 25, 2009, 05:56:49 PM

I also found it interesting that most of his choices in the second part were console or handheld titles.

Because MMO's simply aren't money makers, duh.  why so serious?

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #84 on: March 03, 2009, 04:06:59 PM

Well, at least they are making the remaining players wait a week to enjoy the new classes.  That is unless you want to spend countless hours "unlocking" the new classes. 

Hmmmm.  Good idea for floundering ship.  Let's not give the crew any water or limes....... ACK!
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #85 on: March 03, 2009, 04:27:06 PM

Tbh, you could unlock the KotbS and the BG in about 5 hours /played.

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
Delmania
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: March 03, 2009, 05:26:34 PM

I don't know the specifics, but if Bitter Rivals is anything like The Murder Night, people will do it without even realizing they've done anything.  Live Events are a lot like Public Quests - great idea on paper, but in reality, hard to pull off.

Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #87 on: March 03, 2009, 05:37:18 PM

Right. Gave it a spin. Game's running a tad bit better.

New scenario has a creative design, but is buggy as fuck. Classes are unlocked like in the heavy metal event, by completing scenario quests. Thing is, you can't do all in a single day, since only two were available today. Took me about 5 minutes to complete them. Got 7k as quest xp rewarded. Xp needed to level 33 was 565k.

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: March 03, 2009, 09:43:04 PM

Got 7k as quest xp rewarded. Xp needed to level 33 was 565k.

Good ol' Tier 4; Mythic's personal tribute to the Korean grinder.  I just wish they would get honest about it, and add a little counter at the end of every scenario.  Something like, You need 7039 more Serpent's Passages to go to reach the next level.

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: March 04, 2009, 12:41:51 AM

All I know is that new Zone Domination system is pure win.  No more leaving zones or not queueing for scenarios so that the other side can't do anything.

We pushed 3 zones and made it to Inevitable City in like 6 hours.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #90 on: March 04, 2009, 11:01:51 AM

Tbh, you could unlock the KotbS and the BG in about 5 hours /played.

It is interesting that I would rather just wait than play 5 hours at this point swamp poop
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: March 04, 2009, 11:39:54 AM

We pushed 3 zones and made it to Inevitable City in like 6 hours.

That just made me flinch.  I don't want to have to play anything for 6 hours straight to see it come to a conclusion. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #92 on: March 04, 2009, 11:50:52 AM

Sounds pretty sweet to me.  Campaigns are suppose to be long.  It's not a battleground.

Evil: have people actually started defending yet?  Are you still in Grudge?

"Me am play gods"
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: March 04, 2009, 11:51:09 AM

Considering you could spend 6 hours before trying to flip a zone and then just have the other side just leave and screw you.  This is a vast improvement.  

6 hours is nothing considering this is to get us to endgame material.  
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: March 04, 2009, 11:53:12 AM

Yeah I'm in Grudge still. 

We had decent defense, the City seiges still need some work though.  This was my first Inevitable City push and I had amazing amounts of fun with the new system.  No more swearing at destro for leaving the zone or them not queueing for scenarios.
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: March 05, 2009, 04:26:06 AM

The new system is working on my server as well, unfortunately my server has a slight Destro number advantage since they let people transfer over.  But using last night for example, they took the Dwarf pairing but we held em off in HE and Empire and was alot of fun.  The other good thing about 1.2 as a WH is picklock now works so I can enter postern doors.  I took out a DOK on the outer oil then killed a Sorc on the inner door oil, was funny cause I dont think the people I killed realized that was fixed lol.  Then we had about 6 WH's go to a busy keep and we held off a bunch of Destro from the oil on the inside.  Strategies are very different now cause whther you defend or attack a keep you now have to expect the enemy to get inside and prepare for that. 
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #96 on: March 05, 2009, 12:30:34 PM

So I wonder if is even possible to flip a zone without Domination.

"Me am play gods"
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: March 05, 2009, 12:53:40 PM

You can flip zones both ways, the old way and with the domination method.  It's just easier to do the domination method because if the other side just leaves the zone or does no scenarios the old system doesn't work.
Delmania
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: March 05, 2009, 01:05:31 PM

Is it true that arch mages can make themselves invulnerable while healing and that witch elves took a massive hit with ye old nerf bat?

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: March 05, 2009, 01:11:59 PM

WE's did get a nerf, not as bad as the WE community makes it out to be though.  AM's finally got a little bit of love though, they had been in the shitter for a bit.  I think that invulnerable thing was just a bug that got hot fixed yesterday.  Although their survivability finally got a boost.
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: March 05, 2009, 01:45:22 PM

My understanding with AMs is they had an ability that reduced damage, which had no cooldown timer.  That, with a couple of their morale abilities being fixed, plus stacking detaunts, plus AP drain, led to AMs being able to survive.

Needless to say, the horror of the concept of a healer that didn't fold like a cheap table upon which one has dropped a block of cement has caused much wailing and gnashing of teeth.
Delmania
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: March 05, 2009, 06:01:09 PM

Needless to say, the horror of the concept of a healer that didn't fold like a cheap table upon which one has dropped a block of cement has caused much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

No, more like a healer that was unkillable.  WP are pretty nasty last I played.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: March 05, 2009, 06:56:29 PM

I'm almost tempted to start playing my zealot and RP again.  Er... Almost.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #103 on: March 05, 2009, 07:47:43 PM

Dammit, people shouldn't start saying good things about the game.  The addicted among us might be tempted to do something unwise. 

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Delmania
Terracotta Army

Reply #104 on: March 05, 2009, 07:51:39 PM

Dammit, people shouldn't start saying good things about the game.  The addicted among us might be tempted to do something unwise. 

Go read the WHA forums.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: A Sneak Peek at Patch 1.2  
Jump to: