Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:19:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Re: Suas leaves Goonswarm, steals Titan, news at 11 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Re: Suas leaves Goonswarm, steals Titan, news at 11  (Read 26218 times)
trevorreznik
Terracotta Army

on: January 31, 2009, 09:05:26 PM

Suas was banned from Goonswarm a few hours ago.

That's the guy who did this.

what why that's absurd
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 09:45:16 AM by Yoru »
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 09:44:31 PM

FREE SUAS
trevorreznik
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 09:48:04 PM

It may have been a temporary ban, he got drunk and lead a gang of goons on an op to go shoot some blues instead of defending an R64 moon.  Then told Darius to fuck off when he was ordered to return and defend the tower.

darius's ego is one of the conjectured reasons suas stopped playing, and i can see why. 
Pax
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: February 01, 2009, 12:40:07 AM

That gungan vid is giving Goons too much credit  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Also FREE SUAS.

Mia san de Borg. Aichan Widastaund keannt's aich ind' Hoar schmian.
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: February 01, 2009, 09:48:14 PM

I swear half of our fleet didn't have a fucking clue why they were entering a pos password, or, once inside shields, have any idea whether we were attacking or defending the tower. Still, all's well that ends well.

I CAN SEE MY SHIP!

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
trevorreznik
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 10:30:51 AM

It was lowsec not Fountain.  If they'd tried attacking a 0.0 POS they'd never have even got a tower close to reinforced.

edit:  They didn't even try to finish off the tower.  Rather hit a nearby lowsec snigg tower instead after forming up most of the day with a fleet well north of 300.  They ran at the first sign of us bridging in leaving a blizzard of drones and the shields around 65%.  I did however get my first taste of POS gunning holding the fort until cavalry arrived.  Quite fun.

Man I wish I was fighting those guys, it actually sounds like they're essentially what GS was during southern war after jammers got implemented-big fleets but almost no battleships, and no clue how to deal with cynojammers, let alone defended ones. 

It'd probably be better if those guys were sent to live in Venal and hit MM/RZR highend moons,  they're just completely unequipped to fight PL.
trevorreznik
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: February 02, 2009, 01:09:21 PM

My post conveyed my feelings pretty well  awesome, for real
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: February 02, 2009, 01:51:21 PM

Maybe we'll get another song!

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: February 02, 2009, 03:36:46 PM

FREE SUAS
That gungan vid is giving Goons too much credit  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Also FREE SUAS.
Look, regulars here know that I'm pretty much a Suas loyalist...

Let me just quote these here.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Moosehands
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: February 02, 2009, 03:52:03 PM

I still remember arguing with Rem about suas all the way back in the BOS and KHM days.

I wonder if I can get him into goontown and make him an honorary Bitter Vet(tm)
TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: February 02, 2009, 04:04:17 PM

Suas might have had some talent in FCing, but he was a faggot all the damn time.

EVE (inactive): Deakin Frost -- APB (fukken dead): Kayleigh (on Patriot).
JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: February 02, 2009, 04:12:46 PM

Oh wow, already burning him.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: February 02, 2009, 04:13:31 PM

You're surprised?  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: February 02, 2009, 04:17:18 PM

Look, regulars here know that I'm pretty much a Suas loyalist...

You missed out the whole point of my quote.  Let me do some selective quoting, too:

But he gets drunk and sometimes he does stupid stuff... this was one of his drunken mistakes where he gets carried away in his own cult of personality

Looks a bit different now.

Turns out those flaws were more dominant than I thought.  I'm still kinda let down that Suas has made such shitty choices, and I feel a bit dumb that I defended him, but I guess coke and alcohol mixed with rampant narcissism (ironically the very things that gave him the confidence to do some of that shit, night-in, night-out) took their toll in the end vOv  Feet of clay, and all that.

On the upside, colour me flighty and easily swayed but I like theAdj's chat and he seems pretty fucking determined.  He wants the job done and I don't think he's going to give up any time soon.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: February 02, 2009, 04:44:43 PM

If you guys mailed Remedial a Glazed Ham, are you going to mail Suas a bottle of rum?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: February 02, 2009, 05:07:29 PM

His best friend Nync has probably already supplied him with the finest methyl alcohol and opium a Russian Aluminium Magnate's money can buy.

Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: February 02, 2009, 10:43:18 PM

Is this the part where we say "Didn't want that titan anyway"?

Sorry but I still need prompting on "What would Bob do" matters ;-)
TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: February 03, 2009, 01:39:22 AM

Actually, since that $$$ shit related to Nync seems to be real, I wonder how much that plays a role in suas current bullshitting. If someone's actually waving around real dollar bills where there were none before, all loyalties may fly out of the window faster than you think.

EVE (inactive): Deakin Frost -- APB (fukken dead): Kayleigh (on Patriot).
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: February 03, 2009, 04:38:17 AM

Actually, since that $$$ shit related to Nync seems to be real, I wonder how much that plays a role in suas current bullshitting. If someone's actually waving around real dollar bills where there were none before, all loyalties may fly out of the window faster than you think.

More likely Darius is a huge douche who pisses off everyone who works hardest for Goonfleet with amazing regularity.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: February 03, 2009, 06:55:27 AM

aaaand once again the WAR thread has degraded to something as bad to read as CAOD.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: February 03, 2009, 06:57:48 AM

More likely Darius is a huge douche who pisses off everyone who works hardest for Goonfleet with amazing regularity.

I dunno.  Darius isn't my favourite person, but:

1) Goons are having fun in a war he prepared for well (I know because I played a tiny part in the advance preparations)

2) The alliance is finally getting put on an efficient footing (and the huge leaks where a few selfish fuckers milked the membership are eventually getting plugged).

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
trevorreznik
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: February 03, 2009, 08:07:06 AM

1) Goons are having fun in a war he prepared for well (I know because I played a tiny part in the advance preparations)

Could you go into any kind of detail on this?  DJ posted that he expected the reset, but the change in jewperhighway routes seemed to an outside party like he had absolutely no idea it was coming.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: February 03, 2009, 08:28:14 AM

Could you go into any kind of detail on this?  DJ posted that he expected the reset, but the change in jewperhighway routes seemed to an outside party like he had absolutely no idea it was coming.

I believe that the Mittanni would say "allow me to tell you all about dates and times of info from our spies and sympathisers in AAA."  awesome, for real

But yes, a period of time before the war began we had done a lot of work to prepare for something quite like this.  And DJ wasn't by any means the only person who expected AAA to try this: thanks in part to Aldebrand's very public warnings, lots of people had discussed it in certain sub-forums, and plenty had come to eerily correct conclusions.  Not me, though  swamp poop  I have to admit that I had argued against it, because I'd fought AAA on a GIA alt and seen how crap they were at any sort of sustained effort, and I didn't think ET was daft enough to think that they had a chance alone (which quickly became apparent) while I honestly never realised he'd sell out to Molle.

In my defence, once it started I said at once on this forum that Bob would be there, partly because I couldn't believe ET would be dumb enough to pit AAA vs GF in a sustained fight, and partly because Bob had by then failed so badly that they would have jumped at any excuse to get out of the north.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 08:29:58 AM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

trevorreznik
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: February 03, 2009, 08:58:07 AM

I believe that the Mittanni would say "allow me to tell you all about dates and times of info from our spies and sympathisers in AAA."  awesome, for real

But yes, a period of time before the war began we had done a lot of work to prepare for something quite like this.  And DJ wasn't by any means the only person who expected AAA to try this: thanks in part to Aldebrand's very public warnings, lots of people had discussed it in certain sub-forums, and plenty had come to eerily correct conclusions. 

But what kind of work can it even be?  There was the second jewperhighway that was built directly through -A- space and ended 6 jumps from empire-building this implies that the thought was -A- would be the last group to reset GS.  There may have been replacement of the small moon miner poses in the south with well armed larges, but that was going on anyways due to SE/sysk/c0ven attacks (I whined nonstop about having to defend smalls).  What else in the way of 'preparations' could even exist?  Stockpiling POSes and fuel?  I suppose putting GIA alts into -A- would qualify, but that should have been done ages before.  Moving to Stain?  A large part of that was due to Epsilons yammering about living in NPC space.

Also I think you confused Aldebrand and Schlieren which is not good! 
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: February 03, 2009, 09:03:49 AM

This is not a troll: I am genuinely surprised (and obviously a mixture of suspicious and delighted) that you don't know already about some of it.  But I really can't go into it.  It'll doubtless all be leaked at some point, anyway.

And you're right about the Aldebanned/Schliski mixup.  It's funny seeing the two of them studiously ignoring the fact that they agree with each other in the Suas thread.

PS Now is the time for AAA/GBC to try and rally for another assault, while half of Goonfleet is fruitlessly playing The Hunt For Red October with Suas, a man whose recent capacity to not log in for lengthy periods of time is not in doubt.

Twitter - Endieposts

trevorreznik
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: February 03, 2009, 09:12:51 AM

Schlieren always defended Aldebrand's posting for some reason no one else in Epsilon understood.

Also I made a great nerd comparison on -a- forums, I said that until now, Suas was the King Arthur of goonfleet, where everyone was always waiting for him to return and lead them to victory!
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #26 on: February 03, 2009, 09:21:51 AM

Just tell us he's not actively applying to -A- or BoB.
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #27 on: February 03, 2009, 09:46:00 AM

Massive threadsplit. Also, the rest of you should be fucking ashamed to even share the same planet with the first half-dozen or so posters.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: February 03, 2009, 11:29:52 AM

Schlieren always defended Aldebrand's posting for some reason no one else in Epsilon understood.

Also I made a great nerd comparison on -a- forums, I said that until now, Suas was the King Arthur of goonfleet, where everyone was always waiting for him to return and lead them to victory!

I've made the Arthurian reference here, too, calling him the King under the Hill.  Sadly, that seems unlikely now.  If GF had ever become truly shitty, and Suas had done something like start a PL corp like he tragicomically said the other night, I might have considered it as an option.  But unless he comes out of a four-day mescaline trip, says "what the fuck did I say?... why am i in a fucking titan in a newb corp... huh?" and hands himself in to the authorities then that's not really going to happen now.

Twitter - Endieposts

setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: February 03, 2009, 01:36:25 PM

That mescaline trip sounds pretty unlikely. Not excatly my type of music, though :)

EVE - Yalson [BDCI] [-A-]
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: February 03, 2009, 01:53:32 PM

That made me ell-oh-ell.  That sense of style is why he got the whole cult of personality in the first place...

Pale skin, chapped lips: unkissable

That was the best bit.

Twitter - Endieposts

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: February 03, 2009, 01:57:51 PM

Very good song. Its pretty catchy.

Regarding aaa, them turning on Goons and French kissing bob didn't even raise an eyebrow from me. Its been fairly obvious where they were helping since the great war.

Hic sunt dracones.
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: February 03, 2009, 02:04:08 PM

That song started haunting me after the first time I played it.

Though I'm more amazed on how the song got written and recorded so fast.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: February 03, 2009, 02:08:17 PM

That song started haunting me after the first time I played it.

Though I'm more amazed on how the song got written and recorded so fast.

He gets the Karaoke versions and sings his own lyrics over the top.  You can turn it around in as long as it takes to do some pastiche lyrics and then record the track.

Twitter - Endieposts

Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: February 03, 2009, 02:12:10 PM

Well I'm still impressed since the EVE related song I wrote took a whole day and all it achieved was this continued awkwardness between me and Phildo after I sang it to him on Vent.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Re: Suas leaves Goonswarm, steals Titan, news at 11  
Jump to: