Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:00:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Hellgate: London  |  Topic: HGL's last moments: "The servers are coming back after maintenance, right?" 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: HGL's last moments: "The servers are coming back after maintenance, right?"  (Read 39310 times)
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #35 on: February 16, 2009, 11:20:14 AM

Seems right in-line with US social policy to me.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: February 16, 2009, 06:21:28 PM

I yam sad to see the final shutdown. I liked HGL, despite the hard knocks it got. That I liked it as a single player game and didn't care about the online portion may say something though.

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: February 16, 2009, 06:30:35 PM

"Farmers" (see below for what this means) have plenty of clout.  The U.S. farm lobby is pretty much the most powerful there is, except for maybe AIPAC (and even that's a close contest).  There is a reason you NEVER hear about reform of farm policy- not even usually a peep or a whisper from even the most renegade of Congressmen.   Believe me, the only thing worse than being accused of "not supporting the troops" is "not supporting the nation's farmers."

That being said, the farm lobby only protects the big agricorps and agribusinesses.  The family farmer is still poor and utterly fucked usually.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #38 on: February 16, 2009, 07:14:54 PM

That being said, the farm lobby only protects the big agricorps and agribusinesses.  The family farmer is still poor and utterly fucked usually.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #39 on: February 17, 2009, 09:07:25 AM

That being said, the corporate lobby only protects the big corps and businesses.  The family is still poor and utterly fucked usually.
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: February 17, 2009, 09:22:49 AM

It doesn't.  However we willingly keep them sub-human by not allowing them cable access, and thus continue to not care bout them.

That's even funnier if you just ignore  Merusk's reply and tie it to IainC's  Ohhhhh, I see.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 09:24:44 AM by sigil »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Hellgate: London  |  Topic: HGL's last moments: "The servers are coming back after maintenance, right?"  
Jump to: