Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 06:32:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Ten-Day Free Trial 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ten-Day Free Trial  (Read 5584 times)
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

on: January 27, 2009, 08:32:47 PM

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 06:39:31 AM

Oh good, the trial is back.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 10:13:36 AM

You should still try to get a key from a Founder first, before resorting to that trial.  If you activate a sub off a Founder's trial key then you get the $9.99 rate instead of the regular $14.99.

most often known as Drevik
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 11:45:20 AM

You should still try to get a key from a Founder first, before resorting to that trial.  If you activate a sub off a Founder's trial key then you get the $9.99 rate instead of the regular $14.99.

Good luck with that.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 11:48:59 AM

Reminds me of when I told my wife that Founders get horses early.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 01:32:59 PM

Good luck with that.

Are you saying it's hard to get one? (honest question)

Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 03:30:15 PM

Reason #762 I love LotRO: their hot elf marketing mascots are not dressed like sluts.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 06:39:54 AM

Good luck with that.

Are you saying it's hard to get one? (honest question)

Yes, they only had a set amount, and its been what, over a year and a half if not more since the founder program? (it was a preorder/lifetime thing if i recall right)

A founder is wayyyyyy different than just the lifetime sub.

Jamiko
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: January 29, 2009, 07:14:19 AM

I think the first 10 referrals from founders get the founders' price offer (which they frequently offer to anyone regardless).

I still have 6 or so left and I'm sure there are others like me. Problem is you want to know (trust) who you give them to because if they get banned you might also get banned.
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: January 29, 2009, 09:45:33 AM

I have 7 Founder keys left for anyone that wants one.  As Jamiko said the referrals can reflect on me so I'll limit them to long standing members of F13.  From what I understand you don't have to be a Founder as defined as someone who pre-ordered the game, you simply have to have the Founder pricing.  So for the 7 keys I hand out, any of those that get converted into a subscription will then also have 10 Founder keys to hand out.  So I'd imagine there'd be plenty of keys to go around if we start a chain.

I didn't speak up earlier because I figured people were already handing out Founder keys and I didn't really care about the free month credits so I was letting other people get the credits.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: January 29, 2009, 09:59:36 AM

A founder is not the same as a lifetime account.

The Lord of the Rings Online™: Shadows of Angmar™ > Pre-order

Turbine and Midway Unveil Revolutionary Pre-Order Founder's Program for The Lord of the Rings Online™
[25-Jan-2007]

Highly-Anticipated MMO Currently Scheduled to Launch on April 24, 2007

WESTWOOD, Mass. & CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Turbine, Inc. and Midway Games Inc. (NYSE:MWY) today announced the details of the revolutionary pre-order Founder's Program for The Lord of the Rings OnlineTM: Shadows of AngmarTM. The highly anticipated massively multiplayer online game, The Lord of the Rings Online,lets players experience the greatest epic fantasy adventure of all time and join with millions of fans from around the globe in the vast world of Middle-earth.

This exciting Founder's Program rewards all players who pre-order The Lord of the Rings Online with special $9.99 monthly subscription pricing, early access to the game (beta version), character roll-over and unique in-game bonus items. Players can become a Founder by pre-ordering the title at The Lord of the Rings Online™: Shadows of Angmar™ > Pre-order or at retail stores nationwide beginning February 1, 2007. This limited-time offer is exclusively available to pre-order customers.

"The Lord of the Rings Online immerses you in one of the greatest literary works of all time," said Jeffrey Anderson, president and CEO of Turbine. "The Founder's Program pricing plan rewards fans for their loyalty with a special opportunity to join Middle-earth from the beginning."

The Lord of the Rings Online Founder's Program(a) offers players two different membership options:

Only $9.99 per month subscription price!

OR

Just $199 for a Lifetime Membership!

In addition to these special pricing options, The Lord of the Rings Online Founders receive:

Open Beta: Guaranteed access provides Founders the first opportunity to create a character and enter Middle-earth currently planned for March 30, 2007

Character Roll-Over: Moves the character that you created during the Open Beta into the live service -along with the stats, levels, items, and experience that character earned prior to launch!

Bonus Items: Two special in-game items that are only available to those who pre-order:

-- Enchanted Cloak of Regeneration
-- Ring of Agility

This exciting Founder's Program is available for a limited time until the commercial launch of The Lord of the Rings Online (currently scheduled for April 24, 2007). At launch, millions of fans will be able to explore the untold stories of Middle-earth, interact with legendary heroes like Gandalf, and play a vital role in the War of the Ring. The Lord of the Rings Online is the first and only massively multiplayer online role-playing game based on the Books of J.R.R. Tolkien. The game recreates the vast world of Middle-earth with incredible dedication to the Tolkien lore with an unprecedented level of detail. The game delivers an experience that takes players beyond the books to where they can create their own story within the most famous fantasy world of all time. For more information, visit The Lord of the Rings Online™: Shadows of Angmar™ > Home Page.

This is the original news article. Just posting for clarification.

EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: January 29, 2009, 10:16:49 AM

Yes, but what I'm saying is you don't have to be a Founder to hand out Founder trial keys.  You simply have to have "Founder Pricing".  That's my interpretation.

https://myaccount.turbine.com/referral/rules/lotro

The first ten (10) Guests who are invited to participate in this Referral Program by a Customer who has special Founder pricing terms may take advantage of the Founder pricing terms also. Please visit www.lotro.com/founder for more information regarding the Founder pricing terms.

Emphasis is mine.  Again, my interpretation I don't know for sure.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: January 29, 2009, 10:22:42 AM

That sounds about right.

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #13 on: January 29, 2009, 11:08:36 AM

I'll take two if someone wants to hand them out (myself and wife). It'll be a couple of weeks before I can even activate them though, and no promises on loving the game so much I subscribe..  awesome, for real

PM me if this suits. Ta.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #14 on: January 29, 2009, 05:30:51 PM

What Az said, in totality.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #15 on: January 30, 2009, 11:00:02 AM

Brandywine.

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #16 on: January 30, 2009, 05:27:07 PM

Brandywine.

Brandywine.  I imagine my Asherons Call kick will wear out next month, which is good for people.  Real good.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #17 on: January 31, 2009, 07:56:57 AM

WTF is up with this retarded patcher?  I'm only getting  1kb downloads, so now that the game itself is done downloading the tutorial will now be done downloading in 2 days.  swamp poop

Gah! Non-standard ports on patchers.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 08:13:27 AM by Merusk »

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: January 31, 2009, 12:22:40 PM

I just checked out the trial, pretty cool.  Tried the two new classes up to level 3/4.  I like the idea of the Warden seemed fun.  The Runekeeper was odd.  Was looking at the spells, you get a lot of them, but it seems like a large jumble.

Anyone play them to any extent? 

I'd forgotten how good the game environment looks and sounds.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #19 on: January 31, 2009, 01:47:21 PM

I just checked out the trial, pretty cool.  Tried the two new classes up to level 3/4.  I like the idea of the Warden seemed fun.  The Runekeeper was odd.  Was looking at the spells, you get a lot of them, but it seems like a large jumble.

Anyone play them to any extent? 

I'd forgotten how good the game environment looks and sounds.

Both are extremely viable solo.  I did a comparison in another thread. 

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #20 on: January 31, 2009, 06:53:12 PM

The Runekeeper was odd.  Was looking at the spells, you get a lot of them, but it seems like a large jumble.

The Loremaster is a jumble while the Runekeeper does mostly two things: hurt and help.  Not at the same time.  My dwarf RK is surprisingly resilient, although I did take a death once when I didn't keep running when I should have... three times.  I kept thinking that those Dourhands must have stopped by now, but each time I looked behind me I got a couple of axes in the face.  Being able to cast a HoT on yourself helps a lot, and being able to cast two stacking HoTs on yourself helps even more, as does paralyzing your foe which is one of the few non-damage/non-healing spells I have.  The RK is almost as awesome as the Hunter, and he doesn't need a bow to be his best, so maybe he is more awesome.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: January 31, 2009, 07:38:57 PM

If you haven't tried this game yet you really should.  If you have DX10, this game is very beautiful.  I have a Rune-Keeper at 12th now and it's a fun class but nothing earth shaking.

Most soloing is fairly fun, but the real fun to me is grouping.  It can be very satisfying to run in a good group.

The game has some faults, but overall an incredible simulation of Middle Earth.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #22 on: January 31, 2009, 10:17:08 PM

Ohhhh, now I can justify playing if I can get the founder pricing. Anyone want to help me out? Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: February 01, 2009, 05:59:20 AM

For anyone that wants a Founder key just PM an email address.  If you need a second key for an SO just make sure you send me two unique email addresses.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #24 on: February 02, 2009, 06:00:28 AM

Ohhhh, now I can justify playing if I can get the founder pricing. Anyone want to help me out? Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Get a job?

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Ten-Day Free Trial  
Jump to: