Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:17:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Farscape 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Farscape  (Read 16735 times)
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #35 on: March 22, 2011, 08:48:49 AM

John Quixote in S4 is also a really fun episode. Watching it now and forgot how bizarre it was.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: March 22, 2011, 09:37:48 AM

The one thing that differs between me and most people is I really don't care for Aeryn at all. I can't put my finger on why though.

Oh and if you are watching on Netflix, be careful. They were on Netflix when I joined, then poof - no more streaming for like 4 months, then suddenly poof-streaming again.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Fraeg
Terracotta Army

Mad skills with the rod.

Reply #37 on: March 22, 2011, 08:46:28 PM

about to wrap up the final season of Babylon 5, and looks like I found my next netflix/hotel fix.

cheers

"There is dignity and deep satisfaction in facing life and death without the comfort of heaven or the fear of hell and in sailing toward the great abyss with a smile."
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #38 on: March 22, 2011, 09:54:56 PM

All four seasons are free streaming from Amazon if you've got a Prime account.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: March 23, 2011, 07:43:44 AM

Well, I just watched the 3 part Princess episodes and the episode with the little critter hunting the parasites.

The Princess episodes were pretty good. I can only imagine if I'd been watching live that the wait on a couple of those cliff hangers would have driven me crazy. I liked how it ended with Aeryn giving him the little vial to see if they were compatible. Overall it was quite fun and it was odd to see them working with Scorpius a time or two. I had mixed feelings about the side story with Zan and ship since it felt like a distraction from the main story in some ways.

I didn't really care for the parasite episode mostly because I found the little critter to be totally unbelievable. I did however like that John was hallucinating about Scorpius.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: March 23, 2011, 08:03:23 AM

Well, I just watched the 3 part Princess episodes and the episode with the little critter hunting the parasites.

The Princess episodes were pretty good. I can only imagine if I'd been watching live that the wait on a couple of those cliff hangers would have driven me crazy. I liked how it ended with Aeryn giving him the little vial to see if they were compatible. Overall it was quite fun and it was odd to see them working with Scorpius a time or two. I had mixed feelings about the side story with Zan and ship since it felt like a distraction from the main story in some ways.

The Zan plot was to get the ship out of there, so they were on their own.

John Crichton going space walking with no suit after going babbling-ly insane with Bracca?  Awesome.  Statue Crichton?  Awesome.  Cutting off statue Crichton's head and tossing it in acid?  Awesome.

The "Guns and Liars and Money" three parter plus the Season Two finale are amazing.

I didn't really care for the parasite episode mostly because I found the little critter to be totally unbelievable. I did however like that John was hallucinating about Scorpius.

This episode was about where they about dialed in the right amount of continuing story arc (relationships, character development, Crichton stuff) and episodic time filler.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: March 23, 2011, 09:30:25 AM

Might want to spoiler tag some stuff, gents.

Seems like quite a few people have not seen the show at all.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: March 23, 2011, 11:54:37 AM

I haven't watched the show before, but reading all this makes me want to now.  I'd caught the odd episode here and there back when it was on TV but never followed.

Getting a Netflix sub is looking more and more attractive.

Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #43 on: March 23, 2011, 02:00:06 PM

Might want to spoiler tag some stuff, gents.

Seems like quite a few people have not seen the show at all.

Jesus died.
The Titanic sinks.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #44 on: March 23, 2011, 02:12:50 PM

It's not lupus.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #45 on: March 23, 2011, 02:13:02 PM

Snape Kills Dumbledore.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: March 23, 2011, 02:32:00 PM

Soylent Green is PEOPLE!

Over and out.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: March 23, 2011, 02:32:33 PM

Verbal Kint IS Keyser Soze.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #48 on: March 23, 2011, 02:45:53 PM

Vader was Luke's Father
Vincent Dies, killed by Butch.
Jason's mother is the killer.
Norman's mother died years ago and he dresses like her to commit the murders.
Dil is a man.
Bob wakes up and it was all a dream -- Vermont, the two Darrells, everything!
Gandalf isn't really dead and gone forever.
Charlotte dies but Wilbur lives.

Mazakiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: March 23, 2011, 02:51:17 PM

Bruce Willis was dead all along. 
Rosebud was his sled. 
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #50 on: March 23, 2011, 03:38:13 PM

Vince Faraday is actually The Cape!  ACK!

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: March 23, 2011, 04:38:11 PM

Glad to know my comments lead to all you jackasses being able to entertain yourselves for a minute or two  tongue

Fraeg
Terracotta Army

Mad skills with the rod.

Reply #52 on: March 28, 2011, 10:25:12 AM

I haven't watched the show before, but reading all this makes me want to now.  I'd caught the odd episode here and there back when it was on TV but never followed.

Getting a Netflix sub is looking more and more attractive.

If you travel for work at all the 7.99 streaming only is a must IMO.  I used to blow $$ on renting movies while on the road, and Netflix has saved me heaps of cash.

"There is dignity and deep satisfaction in facing life and death without the comfort of heaven or the fear of hell and in sailing toward the great abyss with a smile."
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: March 28, 2011, 11:41:52 AM

Huh.  I watched one episode (the very first) of this almost a year ago.  I didn't hate it, but I don't recall why I didn't keep watching.  I'll have to give it another go, it seems.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #54 on: March 28, 2011, 12:17:01 PM

Like anime you have to give it 4-5 episodes to get into it.  I just rewatched the first last week and it was slooow and cumbersome compared to others.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #55 on: March 28, 2011, 12:49:04 PM

Huh.  I watched one episode (the very first) of this almost a year ago.  I didn't hate it, but I don't recall why I didn't keep watching.  I'll have to give it another go, it seems.

Like Johny Cee and others commonly mention, the show doesn't really start to shine until you're a little into season 2. This was the case for me, as I had a little trouble getting into the show at first (felt too much like ghetto Star Trek with puppets).  I know it's a rather large time investment, but overall watching Farscape was one of the more worthwhile entertainment experiences I've ever had. 

The wrap-up mini-series, IMO, is a little sloppy in parts, but it caps everything off very well.

-Rasix
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: April 26, 2011, 10:36:35 AM

I finished the show including the Peacekeeper Wars. Overall I was quite happy with the show. It had some stinker episodes but the good far outweighed the bad. I was a little disappointed in the Peacekeeper Wars but it was mostly because I think the show needed more than 3 hours or so to wrap everything up in the way that it deserved.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #57 on: April 27, 2011, 06:00:55 AM

Rewatching this over the past few weeks, likely my favorite episodic space show ever. 

"Welcome to the Federation Starship USS Buttcrack!" had me rolling again.
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: April 27, 2011, 03:59:46 PM

Scorpius: "I condemn you, John Crichton, to live so that your thirst for unfulfilled revenge will consume you."
Crichton: WRRRGARBBLE
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: April 29, 2011, 12:27:33 PM

Amazon is selling Farscape: The complete series for $49.99.Link.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: May 04, 2011, 06:47:04 PM

Who would win in a four way space battle;  Moya, Battlestar Galactica (Tigh at helm, not Adama), U.S.S. Enterprise (version with lens flare) or a Star Destroyer (original TIE fighters, not the later Interceptors)

Show your work.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #61 on: May 04, 2011, 06:54:58 PM

Does Moya have access to Talyn and are they allowed to board other vessels?
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: May 04, 2011, 07:00:03 PM

Talyn yes, boarding no.  Boarding wouldn't be fair for the SD, stormtroopers can't hit shit.
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: May 04, 2011, 07:10:00 PM

Is there lupus?

AKA Gyoza
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: May 04, 2011, 07:32:10 PM

Farscape is one of my all time favorite series.  Even the not so stellar episodes are better than your average fare.  They took chances and I loved it.  A few friends still have favorite Rygel moments we can quote or emulate for circumstance.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #65 on: May 04, 2011, 07:45:10 PM

Who would win in a four way space battle;  Moya, Battlestar Galactica (Tigh at helm, not Adama), U.S.S. Enterprise (version with lens flare) or a Star Destroyer (original TIE fighters, not the later Interceptors)

Show your work.
http://conservationreport.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/spaceship-size-comparison-chart.gif

Moya has no weapons and her only defense is a half-functional screen and starburst.  She's right out of the running and fled as soon as they realized there was shooting happening.  Talyn hangs behind to fight but ultimately is destroyed by any of the other 3 ships.  2 of them have shields, 2 have fighters and 2 are larger by a significant factor so they'd be able to take a much more significant beating than Talyn.  The only thing I can't remember about Talyn is if they said his firepower was equal to a command carrier or not.  I doubt it was the carrier, because that'd be just crazy. Check out the size differential, no way a 250m ship could generate the same power as a 5km one.

The Enterprise vs Star Destroyer has a whole website dedicated to it that has the SD winning.  Even "the shiny one" can't be that much of a tech improvement vs the OS one, so it loses hands down.

Star Destroyer vs Galactica... Galactica has missiles and is about 1/2 the size of the SD and has no shielding.  I'd go with the SD here just for the ability to use ion cannons to fry her low-tech electrical systems with no resistance.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #66 on: May 05, 2011, 08:31:54 AM

The Galactic Empire has had mature tech for longer than most of those other species had left their homeworlds.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: May 05, 2011, 03:33:12 PM

ACK!

Facepalm

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: May 06, 2011, 10:39:55 AM

Lexx Wins all battles.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #69 on: May 06, 2011, 10:59:06 AM

Yamoto?

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Farscape  
Jump to: