Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:54:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Farscape 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Farscape  (Read 16745 times)
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #70 on: May 06, 2011, 11:10:48 AM

This is why Sci-Fi never gets to keep nice things.  Thanks assholes.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: May 06, 2011, 02:50:59 PM

Besides, The Culture would win anyway.  awesome, for real

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: May 06, 2011, 02:59:46 PM

The only thing I can't remember about Talyn is if they said his firepower was equal to a command carrier or not.  I doubt it was the carrier, because that'd be just crazy. Check out the size differential, no way a 250m ship could generate the same power as a 5km one.

They said flat out that Talyn would not be able to fight a command carrier till he had grown up. The ship was still a baby and really only had one functioning but very powerful gun. That said there was no way to know what he would have been capable of when he was fully grown as he died long before that time. They did say he was bristling with weapons when he was being born.

Hic sunt dracones.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: May 06, 2011, 08:17:07 PM

The Enterprise vs Star Destroyer has a whole website dedicated to it that has the SD winning.  Even "the shiny one" can't be that much of a tech improvement vs the OS one, so it loses hands down.

That website is awesome but also shows clearly what happens when you get a guy who is or claims to be an engineer who obsesses with this stuff. He based most of his shit off of tech manuals and figuring out how powerful weapons had to be based on their affects on on-screen objects. If it is the same website he didn't just predict a Star Destroyer could take the Enterprise, he predicted Boba Fett's ship could wipe the floor with the Enterprise based on the asteriod explosions in AOTC and the Enterprise not being able to destroy a single asteroid with its entire complement of torpedos according to Riker in some episode of TNG.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #74 on: May 07, 2011, 05:10:52 PM

Besides, The Culture would win anyway.  awesome, for real

What's worse is that they'd probably be annoyingly condescending about it.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #75 on: May 07, 2011, 05:28:45 PM

Culture would actually build the ships in question and have them battle each other for the sport of it. 

"Me am play gods"
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #76 on: May 13, 2011, 12:50:50 PM

Lexx Wins all battles.

Lexx is on Netflix, I just found it the other night.  I only watched it sparsely, but I've committed myself to watching it from the start.  I'm an hour into the series and it is really, really fucking weird.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #77 on: May 13, 2011, 01:49:54 PM

Yea, weird is about the only adequate description for Lexx. Oddly engaging though.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: May 13, 2011, 01:52:49 PM

I just started streaming Season 1 of Farscape though Netflix. Last night, I watched the episode where the crew turns into space-beet farmers on the hippy-dippy planet with all the tanned girls. I know Rygel is a jerk, but I think he's my favorite character so far. This is my new favorite show now that I'm on the last season of The Wire.

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: May 23, 2011, 05:42:43 AM

Its very hard to dislike Rygel, perhaps because despite the fact he is a totally selfish bastard, he is the one that somehow does all the really unselfish things that save the crew. he was the one that went in and cut out the tracker out of Moya despite him hating every minute of it. He want and negotiated with the alien queen of those shapeshifting things. He was tortured for a really long time but he somehow could laugh in his torturers face. I wouldn't like to live with him, but I would have him on my side in a tough situation in a heartbeat.

Hic sunt dracones.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: May 23, 2011, 06:22:44 AM

Lexx Wins all battles.

Lexx is on Netflix, I just found it the other night.  I only watched it sparsely, but I've committed myself to watching it from the start.  I'm an hour into the series and it is really, really fucking weird.

Fire, Water, Boomtown, Prince.

"I have killed thousands. I have killed proud young warriors and wise old rulers. I have killed
  mothers with babes in their arms. I have killed the just, the wicked, and the beautiful. I have done
  this for two thousand years in the service of His Divine Shadow and apparently the fun never stops!
"

All I'm saying.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #81 on: May 24, 2011, 09:44:16 AM

Fucking Brunin G.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #82 on: May 24, 2011, 10:41:04 AM

I'm sorry, I had to merge the threads.  I was starting to develop a nervous tic.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: May 27, 2011, 12:00:52 AM

Culture would actually build the ships in question and have them battle each other for the sport of it. 
When the Culture comes I am fucking joining them, because they would.
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #84 on: June 15, 2011, 12:38:16 AM

Different Destinations was a real downer.
Fraeg
Terracotta Army

Mad skills with the rod.

Reply #85 on: August 14, 2011, 11:29:43 AM

Watching Season one and up to episode 19 - nerve.   

So I learned something about myself, apparently I really have a thing for ladies with blue skin.  All this time spent snickering at furries and cosplay, yet here am thinking hubba hubba every time I see Chiana or Zhaan  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS.  Who knew

Good to hear it gets better as some of the bits have made me cringe.  The D'argo - Me Warrior Male schtick has gotten old.

"There is dignity and deep satisfaction in facing life and death without the comfort of heaven or the fear of hell and in sailing toward the great abyss with a smile."
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: August 14, 2011, 01:49:17 PM

Sure it has problems, but you can't tell me you don't forget Rigel is a puppet!

Also, Chiana is grey skinned, not blue!

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Fraeg
Terracotta Army

Mad skills with the rod.

Reply #87 on: August 15, 2011, 11:37:47 AM

Sure it has problems, but you can't tell me you don't forget Rigel is a puppet!

Also, Chiana is grey skinned, not blue!

blue grey to me? perhaps it is my monitor 

"There is dignity and deep satisfaction in facing life and death without the comfort of heaven or the fear of hell and in sailing toward the great abyss with a smile."
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: August 15, 2011, 02:55:41 PM

It is possible there is a slight bluish tinge to her skin tone, I will grant you that. But I don't think "blue!" when I see her.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #89 on: August 15, 2011, 06:06:42 PM

She's the most lovely shade of blue-grey.

Kind of a PMS5445.

http://www.cal-print.com/InkColorChart.htm

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: August 16, 2011, 08:12:35 AM

I present the Chiana Makeup Test.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #91 on: August 24, 2011, 06:58:02 AM

Ah, Pip.... Love Letters

For a couple years I was calling my fiancee Pip  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Farscape  
Jump to: