Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:35:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: $20.00 at Best Buy - Again, Feb 1-7 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: $20.00 at Best Buy - Again, Feb 1-7  (Read 8445 times)
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

on: January 05, 2009, 06:12:22 PM

My local Best Buy has the Mines of Moria Xpac for $20 right now.  Looks like that price is online as well.  So I bought it to play when I get bored of WoW in a few months. 

Looks like it's not just an xpac, but has the base game in it as well.  $20.00 sounds like a pretty decent deal for anyone, including those on the fence about whether they want to try it. 
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 05:34:28 AM by Hawkbit »
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 07:08:04 PM

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 06:42:20 AM

Yes, it included the original game. I think all versions of the x-pack do.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
WayAbvPar

Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 02:02:27 PM

Does that include a free month of play?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 02:32:41 PM

Does that include a free month of play?

Yes.

* Includes The Lord of the Rings: Shadows of Angmar, all content updates, the Mines of Moria expansion and 30 days free game time
    * Also includes two in-game item tokens, three 14-day free Buddy Key Cards, a Mines of Moria poster and a Middle-earth map
    * Explore the realm that lies below Middle-earth in this epic MMORPG based on J.R.R. Tolkien's epic fantasy universe
    * Customize your character by selecting from among four races, nine classes including the new Warden and Rune-keeper, 10 professions, seven vocations and more than 1,000 titles, skills and traits
    * See Moria come to life before your eyes with new graphics technology that dwarfs you with the scope of its stunning vistas and towering stone columns
    * Engage in thrilling monster versus player combat, now with Artifact Control, and see how you rank on an online leaderboard
    * Live out a complex adventure as you learn to fish and craft, develop traits and reputations, and buy houses you can decorate with artwork and trophies

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 03:01:06 PM

Damn.  I'm running out of reasons not to give this another shot. 

Combat still have that nifty underwater feel to it?

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: January 22, 2009, 03:17:48 PM

I was never quite sure what people mean by this, I'm still not. It's ok, we don't need to go over it again. However, there are skills, traits, and items that reduce induction times.

Also, i did read, that if you turn off auto attack (the reason for the "Stall") instants do not wait for the auto attack animations to end..etc.. This may help that feeling?

Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #7 on: January 22, 2009, 03:36:30 PM

I think the slowness I sometimes feel to the combat is just from a bad video card (particularly when a conjunct loads for the first time).
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #8 on: January 22, 2009, 04:11:53 PM

Also, i did read, that if you turn off auto attack (the reason for the "Stall") instants do not wait for the auto attack animations to end..etc.. This may help that feeling?

I never noticed this.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: January 22, 2009, 04:22:49 PM

To be fair, the last time I played was in beta.  I think I may give it another shot.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #10 on: January 22, 2009, 07:20:59 PM

To be fair, the last time I played was in beta.  I think I may give it another shot.

I would recommend that at the price.  The combat is much better than the last time I played it. 
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #11 on: January 22, 2009, 07:38:59 PM

It has been a while, but the pace currently seems about like what I had when I was playing a warrior in WoW at release.  I'm only talking about hunters, guardians and runekeepers here.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
WayAbvPar

Reply #12 on: January 23, 2009, 11:32:46 AM

If/when I burn out on EVE I may give this a run again. Beta was mildly amusing (FAR better than WAR beta), and I would like to see some more of the world. I hear crafting is pretty interesting now too- it was kind of a mess last time I played.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #13 on: January 23, 2009, 12:57:07 PM

I hear crafting is pretty interesting now too

Who did you hear that from?  I don't really know if it is better than beta since I actually could not be bothered with it in beta.  Making shit isn't bad in itself but the interdependence pisses me off and no one buys anything since everyone rolls an alt to craft their own shit.  So, maybe it's better now since everyone does it?  Crafting is the main reason I have alts.

Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #14 on: January 23, 2009, 01:56:50 PM

tru dat

I have a crafting alt just to make food (farm/cook) which actually provides some terrific stats, as good or better food buffs than WoW.

I'm not sure how valuable crafting is overall, however, it's invaluable for running alts and I have seen some people near the cap with mastered, crafted ("purple") gear.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #15 on: January 23, 2009, 07:47:18 PM

Yes and no.  Its different.  What you use is more important then button mashing randomly - so a lot feel its underwater feel.

ie. randomly loading skills 1-10 is fail, though I guess doable.  There is a lot more strategy involved then say... WoW. 

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #16 on: January 24, 2009, 01:30:05 PM

Actually that is true and I appreciate that the slightly slower nature of combat because it allows me to make better decisions on the fly, such as should I do an arc-attack to hit multiple enemies or a single-target attack?  Even something that you might think of as simple like a Guardian has this sort of choice... in fact I switch between sword/shield and a two-hand sword with my guardian with hotkeys, depending on what I am fighting.  When using the two-hander, I lose access to my skills that rely on a shield and have to switch up my game.

Traits have a big effect as well, especially when you get to the point where they start making "sets" like equipment from Diablo II.  Knowing the trait bonuses I get gives me a bias toward using certain skills, and it is interesting to see how my wife's hunter does different things than mine due to her traits and choice of skills.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: January 26, 2009, 08:01:14 AM

No longer $20.  Any suggestions on someplace selling it for less than $35?  Tried BBC and Amazon.  No deal.

-  Mark Twain
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: January 26, 2009, 08:34:17 AM

No longer $20.  Any suggestions on someplace selling it for less than $35?  Tried BBC and Amazon.  No deal.

Its still a deal (because it includes the original game), but no to your question. Maybe a local "mom and pop"?

Alternatively, i can send you a buddy pass and link to the download if you would like to do that. PM me your e-mail.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: January 28, 2009, 03:36:44 AM

I am back in it and enjoying it.  Past lvl 20 you slow down on xp gain so I suggest you group more.  Grouping is more fun than solo and xp gain is faster and you get better gear. 
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: February 01, 2009, 05:33:58 AM

Best Buy has it again for $19.99 this week. 

For those upgrading your account with it, it actually gives a whole free month of play.  I resubbed to add the Moria key to my account and wound up with 60days play time.  Fairly good deal
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: February 01, 2009, 08:49:41 AM

I went to my old account and to digitally upgrade my account it would cost $29.99.  Fuckers.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #22 on: February 02, 2009, 05:59:21 AM

Got to blow out that retail channel and make room for The Sims 3.

NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #23 on: February 02, 2009, 06:56:16 PM

Wish it would go on sale up here.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: February 06, 2009, 05:52:40 AM

I ordered this online from Best Buy for $19.99 and guess what... it's BACKORDERED!

Maybe Turbine is pulling an EvE with this game.  Good for them!

-  Mark Twain
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: February 06, 2009, 07:27:42 AM

If you have a local BB there's likely 40 copies sitting on a shelf. 
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #26 on: February 06, 2009, 10:40:32 AM

Maybe Turbine is pulling an EvE with this game.  Good for them!

I would like to think so.  I don't find any major flaws with this game, as compared to other PvE fantasy MOGs I have played.  This might be my tastes, though, since people who just like killing shit don't like this game, and for good reason.  It's all about the story.  Also it has much, much, much less VN-factor than WoW.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: $20.00 at Best Buy - Again, Feb 1-7  
Jump to: