Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:36:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Crank 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Crank  (Read 2165 times)
Rishathra
Terracotta Army

on: December 08, 2008, 09:59:17 AM

This actually ended up way better than I thought it was going to be.  I'm not sure if it is actually good, but it certainly overshot my expectations by a fair margin and I enjoyed it.

Watching Jason Statham try to thrash to country music was  DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS

That is him hanging out of an in flight helicopter, no stunt double, no green screen.  That alone is worth kudos.

"...you'll still be here trying to act cool while actually being a bored and frustrated office worker with a vibrating anger-valve puffing out internet hostility." - Falconeer
"That looks like English but I have no idea what you just said." - Trippy
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 09:59:55 AM

I liked it, though it wasn't what I would call good. I can't figure out how they are going to do a sequel that isn't  swamp poop though.

Salamok
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 10:10:15 AM

Who really gives a crap about good, this movie is fucking great.  As far is being what it was intended to be this movie succeeded in every conceivable way.  If you are in the mood for an action flick and don't want any of your thoughts above maybe a totally stoned level provoked then this movie is a perfect 10.

Edit: oh yea screw the sequel, just watch the 1st one again.
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 10:29:33 AM

I might reconsider watching this. I got recommended this by a guy whose taste in just about everything (apart from motorbikes) was questionable on both an aesthetic and moral basis. 

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Salamok
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 11:23:34 AM

Well if you were entertained by either of the transporter movies then you will probably like crank.  It's sort of like transporter on crank mixed with steroids while all pretenses of being a good movie were thrown out the window (barely a plot, weak dialog, etc...).  Instead, imagine the most jam packed trailer for an action movie you ever saw then imagine that trailer tied to a single theme and lasting 2 hours. 

The only way the sequel would be any good is if it was just a lampooned remake of the 1st one and released as a comedy.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 12:29:19 PM

I liked the Hell out of this movie. My cell phone ringtone is the same as Chevy's in the movie. Drives people crazy, 'What's wrong with your phone?'.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Rishathra
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: December 08, 2008, 02:22:12 PM

The movie was almost over before I realized that it was the actual ringtone.  I thought it was supposed to be what the phone sounded like to him because he was coming down from whatever high he was just on.

"...you'll still be here trying to act cool while actually being a bored and frustrated office worker with a vibrating anger-valve puffing out internet hostility." - Falconeer
"That looks like English but I have no idea what you just said." - Trippy
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #7 on: December 09, 2008, 10:49:32 AM

I liked the Hell out of this movie. My cell phone ringtone is the same as Chevy's in the movie. Drives people crazy, 'What's wrong with your phone?'.

Haha. I had totally forgotten about that!

I love this fucking movie.  It's just good clean fun.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Crank  
Jump to: