Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:18:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: The 360 Dashboard Incident 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The 360 Dashboard Incident  (Read 20219 times)
sidereal
Contributor

Reply #70 on: December 11, 2008, 12:20:46 PM

Guess you grousers aren't the target market.

Xbox Live Arcade Sales Triple After New Xbox Experience

THIS IS THE MOST I HAVE EVERY WANTED TO GET IN TO A BETA
schild
Administrator

Reply #71 on: December 11, 2008, 01:36:37 PM

The Microsoft press means just about Nothing. It's not in comparison to anything.
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: December 11, 2008, 01:46:50 PM

The Microsoft press means just about Nothing. It's not in comparison to anything.

Not to mention that the sales themselves are not directly related to the NXE.  Unless it's clothes for your mii-too or whatever, it's just not even a usable statistic for anything.  The only real story there is that something new sold well on the arcade.  And lets not kid ourselves on the reality that these numbers were also pulled out during the first long weekend of a holiday season when a lot of people are sitting at home.  Math is hard.

edit:  slight correction, NXE launched middle of the week before thanksgiving, so it's possible that the numbers themselves weren't from the holiday week, but I seriously doubt it, since the term week can be made up to fit alot of scenarios, up to and including ignoring the 4 day non-week of the initial launch window.  The article doesn't actually clarify exactly which time period they're refering to.

They also like throwing around some of those statistics as "... in the last year", which really has nothing to do with the NXE either.

I think I'm just going to sit here and frown sternly.   undecided
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 01:56:24 PM by Ard »
Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: December 11, 2008, 02:54:49 PM

Not to mention a long awaited release just came out... you know.. Street Fighter 2: The quest for more money?

KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: December 13, 2008, 02:56:17 PM

I will say that Burnout Revenge is much nicer off the Hard drive.  You still have to wait between retries but it's not nearly as bad as before.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: The 360 Dashboard Incident  
Jump to: